Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rotating stair case / transporter / smaller stair case

Is there any pack that gives you better stair cases, that take less space? I'd pay for a expansion pack even if that was the only of it's features that I wanted.
I'm fairly new to The Sims 4, and I'm sorry if this has been discussed a million times before. I'm just really bothered with all the space the stair case takes.

Comments

• Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    edited July 2019
    Tistou wrote: »
    Is there any pack that gives you better stair cases, that take less space? I'd pay for a expansion pack even if that was the only of it's features that I wanted.
    I'm fairly new to The Sims 4, and I'm sorry if this has been discussed a million times before. I'm just really bothered with all the space the stair case takes.

I can't even begin to count the number of online floor plans I've seen that I couldn't even attempt because they had cornered or spiral staircases.
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    They need to patch spiral staircases (both directions), loft ladders, poles, single tile lifts and majestic curving staircases into the base game. They are basic build tools and ought not come with a pack.
  • Options
    They need to patch spiral staircases (both directions), loft ladders, poles, single tile lifts and majestic curving staircases into the base game. They are basic build tools and ought not come with a pack.

YESSSS.
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I've got builds that I have done and are crying out for spiral staircases.
    I'm surprised EA have not picked up on it as many people have been asking for them.
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    The saddest part: People hoping and begging for this for 4 Years aaaaand they don't even tell what the problem is. Engine? Programming? Money?
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    EA: "How about some nice new stair swatches instead, hm?"
  • Options
    Well in the past spiral staircases came near the end of a series. I don’t believe we got them in TS1 until Superstar, and in TS2 it took until Apartment Life for them to make a reappearance. In TS3, they came part way through, with Generations. So they have always dragged their feet about introducing them. For me they are not optional; they really ought to be treated as essential building components.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    That’s probably what their plan is, to put them in a 💩 pack that we wouldn’t want otherwise. It’ll be their best seller. They KNOW how much simmers want them and need them for builds.
  • Options
    babajayne wrote: »
    That’s probably what their plan is, to put them in a 💩 pack that we wouldn’t want otherwise. It’ll be their best seller. They KNOW how much simmers want them and need them for builds.

Putting them in a - pack is better than not putting them in at all, though...
  • Options
    will681will681 Posts: 319 Member
    I hope that they will add spiral stairs with the upcoming magic pack. It would make sense so we could more easily build witches or sorcerer's towers, but since it would make sense, it probably won't be added in at this time.
  • Options
    will681 wrote: »
    I hope that they will add spiral stairs with the upcoming magic pack. It would make sense so we could more easily build witches or sorcerer's towers, but since it would make sense, it probably won't be added in at this time.

*nods* I doubt that will ever cross their minds.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Yup ! please give us L-shaped stairs, ladders....Also, could you fix this ugliness ?

28s8qc8.png
  • Options
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Yup ! please give us L-shaped stairs, ladders....Also, could you fix this ugliness ?

28s8qc8.png

You mean the shadow on the stairs?
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited July 2019
    Well that annoys me too (If you know how I can fix that please let me know), but I meant how the stairs don't fit with the wall, there's like a crack.

28s8qc8.png

• Options
    Well that annoys me too (If you know how I can fix that please let me know), but I meant how the stairs don't fit with the wall, there's like a crack.

28s8qc8.png

Oh, yeah, also very annoying.

As for the shadow, I tried putting a light on the second floor, directly over the stairs, but that didn't work...So I'm out of ideas.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    My First Stairs Stuff

make it happen.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    TistouTistou Posts: 72 Member
    I feel like you have to have quite a large house to make it worth the trouble to build a second floor. Because of all the space you loose to the stairs.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Staircases are great for leading to basements, though, and don’t take up too much room from the top if you can fit them in a hallway or corner. If I want more space in a house, I usually build basements. Most of my houses have them. But I do hope we get spiral staircases and ladders soon so that we can build towers and attics.
  • Options
    Staircases are great for leading to basements, though, and don’t take up too much room from the top if you can fit them in a hallway or corner. If I want more space in a house, I usually build basements. Most of my houses have them. But I do hope we get spiral staircases and ladders soon so that we can build towers and attics.

Also cornered staircases, for smaller houses.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,570 Member
    edited July 2019
    If only they would give us back the interior platform we had in Sims2. Stairs could be affixed to it, and presto! we could create the L-Shape staircase. I was grossly disappointed when we didn't get that back in Sims3, and now, unless it's in the works set for a later time, it looks as if I'll continue to be grossly disappointed. I had to make changes to the floorplan of my Grand Uncle's historic home, as a result! Not happily. Not happily, at all.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Rhiannon1307Rhiannon1307 Posts: 147 Member
    @GalacticGal Gosh yes. While not perfect (that would have been a higher platform on half height), that little platform was such a neat little feature. Whyyy don't we have that? I also really loved having stuff like a bed or the hottub on a platform. :-(