Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think every new gp and ep will have swimmable bodies of water starting with the magic gp?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    I feel that Island Living as a pack offers very little, so adding swimming to existing or future worlds would just diminish one of its main selling points... unfortunately. It's like if they added the ability to create apartments outside of San Myshuno.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    It's a possibility
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited July 2019
    Didn't they said they'll be working on the existing and future worlds to make water swimmable?

No they haven’t. As is, ocean swimming is a key feature of this expansion pack. If they enabled that in other worlds it would still probably require this expansion pack, unless they promote one of this packs only features to a base game feature which would play out poorly for the expansion.

Just like apartments, the ocean you can swim in will not extend to the rest of the game. I know they added “wading” but that’s not even remotely close to swimming. They just enabled it so your sim can walk through the vfx water not like they register that they’re in water by changing clothes or anything.
  • Options
    Jasper7702Jasper7702 Posts: 300 Member
    I’m 98.95672% sure they will since you can wade in certain worlds water, and they have the tech now to do it. We can hope, and I expect it.
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 387 Member
    Not every pack, but I would expect to see it in some future worlds. Maybe not as detailed - might not have features like snorkling and all the cool tropical fish, sharks, etc. that you see in Sulani. But a basic ocean swimming, with more plain aquatic plantlife is possible. It doesn't make sense for every world, but if they did a beach resort or another coastal town it would be a missed opportunity if they didn't.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2019
    I think it depends where each world is "set" - Some might be landlocked or have other activities in the open world rather than bodies of water.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I doubt it expansions rarely expand the game and are more of a mini game but I sure hope so.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"