The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tips for a successful Gold Kava Party

mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
I tried two times but kept on running out of time and only earning a silver for the Kava Party. Third time however I played it smart and earned Gold in no time. So if you are interested here are a few tips.

* Prepare three group meals at home BUT don't complete them, only cook them until just before they are finish and leave them on the counters.
* Have a radio on allready
* Just before you start the event, prepare three bowls of the Kava juice.

You will find that with these three preps you will earn Gold in no time ;)

Happy simming everyone :D

Comments

• Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    If you have Get Famous, having Great Reputation on one of your Host Sims also makes it much easier to get Gold.
    Same for a Sim who has completed the Party Animal Aspiration.

With one of those, you should start all parties automatically at Bronze Level, and from there completing the Main Goal should rocket you up to Gold, even if you'd done none of the side goals.

At least that's how it was for the Sim who had Great Reputation and nothing else. :lol:
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    It's a very laid back event, fit for outside I think, my sim in a one-room house had everyone standing around in the kitchen-dining area (because she had no chairs) and got gold the first time.
    My tip would be don't let people sit. Hide all your chairs.
  • Options
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    If you have Get Famous, having Great Reputation on one of your Host Sims also makes it much easier to get Gold.
    Same for a Sim who has completed the Party Animal Aspiration.

With one of those, you should start all parties automatically at Bronze Level, and from there completing the Main Goal should rocket you up to Gold, even if you'd done none of the side goals.

At least that's how it was for the Sim who had Great Reputation and nothing else. :lol:
    happyopi wrote: »
    It's a very laid back event, fit for outside I think, my sim in a one-room house had everyone standing around in the kitchen-dining area (because she had no chairs) and got gold the first time.
    My tip would be don't let people sit. Hide all your chairs.

Thanks those are all very helpful as well, happy simming everyone :)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    I did it once and I got gold :p First ever try so....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    I love this party. Gold every time. Everyone gets trashed. All you have to do is keep the kava flowing and toasting everyone.
  • Options
    Francl27Francl27 Posts: 761 Member
    edited June 2019
    I got silver on the first one but will try again!!! (I did it in a bar, had no idea I was supposed to make food and definitely wasn't prepared for it).
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I find it easier for sims to reach their goals for parties if you have more than one host (I have one talk to guests and all that and the other make drinks and food, etc....).
  • Options
    aabroadyaabroady Posts: 59 Member
    Thanks for all these tips! I didn't realize that the 1st two times I held a Kava Party that the reason neither had goals was because they were on the same days as holidays. Finally threw one on a normal day and got gold!
    tumblr_inline_pthe8zHeJT1rorsjo_1280.png
    Gallery ID: aabroady
  • Options
    nostradamus444nostradamus444 Posts: 5 New Member
    I can't make the toast at the kava party. Where is that commando? all of you gold medels help.
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    @nostradamus444 - Before IL, to make a toast you'd click on another sim than the one you're controlling atm, and mouse through the dialog until you get a 'make a toast' dialog option. Have you already tried that? (I don't have IL, but my sims have made many a toast during various holidays.) :smile:
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I had gotten silver on my sims first one, I decided after reading some of the tips to decide she had a sister coming to visit her at the beach. She stayed for a day, just happened to be on Kava Party take 2, and got gold. Only one guest actually showed up, lol, something else must have been going on or something because they are always seeking her out to talk to her so I know they dont hate her, and I had made her sister a guest. Thank you for all the tips.
  • Options
    nostradamus444nostradamus444 Posts: 5 New Member
    Tiarella-Yes me too on New Year's Eve. But it does not work at the kava party. Thanks anyway:)
  • Options
    @nostradamus444 It might not be one of the foremost options, but under "Friendly" interactions is where I've found the "kava toast" action.
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited June 2019
    The sim has to be holding a kava cup in a hand for the ability to make a toast to show up.

I got gold on my second try. I used a couple and had the two sims alternate between making kava bowls and group meals. They also drank a lot to complete the grab a drink requirement, but one I did not allow to finish the drinks. The one who did was completely dazed by the end and went quickly to bed on her own although she was not that tired. It was very fun and is now my new favourite party too.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,946 Member
    aabroady wrote: »
    @nostradamus444 It might not be one of the foremost options, but under "Friendly" interactions is where I've found the "kava toast" action.

Thank you! I kept failing because I couldn't find the toast option.
  • Options
    @DragonAge_300905 I'm so happy I could help!
  • Options
    katandmarikatandmari Posts: 438 Member
    I made sure my kava party wasn't on a holiday, but there were still no goals. I'll have to try again, I guess. but they work 5 days a week, it's kind of a pain...
  • Options
    sdshadowboysdshadowboy Posts: 2 New Member
    i got gold on my second try but couldnt find the treasure chest reward in my household or personal inventory? anyone else have this problem
  • Options
    sdshadowboysdshadowboy Posts: 2 New Member
    wait nevermind i re read it and it wasnt a chest it was just some random items
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Thanks for these tips! They made this task a lot easier. Just couldn't get past silver without running out of time. Preparing the Kava in advance and getting the food nearly ready were the keys to finishing well before the timer. I was frustrated enough getting just one little tick away from gold that I thought about using the aspirations.complete_current_milestone cheat!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 7,014 Member
    katandmari wrote: »
    I made sure my kava party wasn't on a holiday, but there were still no goals. I'll have to try again, I guess. but they work 5 days a week, it's kind of a pain...
    I think you can make parties goaled events or not goaled, at least I thought I saw the option there, though I think I have only hosted one party.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    katandmari wrote: »
    I think you can make parties goaled events or not goaled, at least I thought I saw the option there, though I think I have only hosted one party.

Yes. When you set up the party you have to make sure that you check mark the set goals option or it won't have them.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    Glad it helped you @duhboy2u2 . I found pre preparing those pesky group meals really helped me time wise. Quite a few of them needed to achieve gold, and also having more than one Kava bowl. Happy simming :)
  • Options
    Dpleasant95Dpleasant95 Posts: 1 New Member
    I cannot for the life of me find the “kava toast” action. I’ve tried everything. Sim has kava in hand and is drinking, clicked on multiple sims, has multiple parties. It’s never an option! I’ve gone through every dialogue category
  • Options
    I cannot for the life of me find the “kava toast” action. I’ve tried everything. Sim has kava in hand and is drinking, clicked on multiple sims, has multiple parties. It’s never an option! I’ve gone through every dialogue category

Make sure the sim you are clicking on is standing and holding a kava glass as well. The action is under Friendly, your sim needs to have a drink as well as the sim you click on ;) Hope this helps you :)