Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    @calaprfy Yes. But do you know how exactly you see that in the game itself without looking it up on the Sims Wiki? James didn't find out in the video, and neither did I so far.

@GrumpyGlowfish I don't think there is a way. I only knew because I own the official game guide. They added the neighbourhood names in from City Living onwards, I think.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    @calaprfy Yes. But do you know how exactly you see that in the game itself without looking it up on the Sims Wiki? James didn't find out in the video, and neither did I so far.

There isn't a way to see it in game because the neighborhood name markers weren't added until City Living. I wish they would add them to Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, and Newcrest.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Good to know, it means I'm not just blind! This sounds like an easy thing to fix in an upcoming patch, considering that the neighbourhoods already have names (and possibly descriptions as well, in the official game guide), but it's probably not important enough at the moment. If they do ever add name markers for the older worlds, Windenburg could use some, too.

Something I discovered today: If you want to get famous fast, start designing video games! My technology-affine celebrity was on the verge of his third star, then published one game and immediately became a global superstar, can you believe it? I thought writing books and donating household items to fans are effective ways of collecting stars, but I've never seen anything like this before. Granted, you have to get your programming skill up to level 8 (?) first before you can even start working on your first game, which then takes another 20 hours or so to complete, so "fast" may not be the right term after all, but... yeah. If you do have a sim who's a programmer, and you want them to become famous, forget about hanging out at hotspots and meeting fans - sit down and start making games!
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I had no idea about the Willow Creek one
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

@GrumpyGlowfish I don't think there is a way. I only knew because I own the official game guide. They added the neighbourhood names in from City Living onwards, I think.

I'd completely forgotten they were in the Official Game guide. I've just dug out mine and they are indeed shown on pages 22 and 23. I'm now reading the guide again to see if there is anything else I've forgotten. It'll all make more sense to me anyway now. :)
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    If you pull up the cheats console in CAS and type in 'casclockspeed 0'

Your sim will stand perfectly still and not move at all.

Just type in 'casclockspeed 1' to have it back to normal. Very handy if you don't want your sim moving around a lot when you dress them.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    If you pull up the cheats console in CAS and type in 'casclockspeed 0'

Your sim will stand perfectly still and not move at all.

Just type in 'casclockspeed 1' to have it back to normal. Very handy if you don't want your sim moving around a lot when you dress them.

Thank you so much! This will be a sanity-saver, especially trying to dress a vampire. B)
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    This moodlet is something new.

hE1EmoA.jpg
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    If your sim pees in the pool next to another sim the other sim will get an embarrassed moodlet that's 'uncomfortably warm'. :D
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    GauaxGauax Posts: 7 New Member
    WHAT!? I was not aware of that, I will go and try it myself right away. Thank you!!!
  • Options
    storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    I was today years old when I learned there's swatches for the toilet paper roll, one for over (correct) and one for under (literally the worst ever how dare you even include this).
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    storminmay wrote: »
    I was today years old when I learned there's swatches for the toilet paper roll, one for over (correct) and one for under (literally the worst ever how dare you even include this).

Haha I'm the odd one who in rl hates hates hates over. I also didn't know this because I don't give Sims toilet paper LOL.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

Haha I'm the odd one who in rl hates hates hates over. I also didn't know this because I don't give Sims toilet paper LOL.

The true correct setting is "whichever is easier to tear". So on the (very bad) design in the game, UNDER is actually correct because you can press the roll against the wall when you tear. On 99% of holders you should go OVER, tho.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member

Just a casual woh… wait what? First Time seeing this

[img][/img]1zqspxs.jpg

Maan that game was hot… didnt even know that could happen

[img][/img]mjra0y.png

• Options
    DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    These fish have little plumbobs ;3

IVPNFh4.png

And also you can spot a crocodile behind the public venues in Willow Creek!

rXLRw76.png
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
  • Options
    AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member

Under is super handy when you have fur kids unless you enjoy rolling the paper roll back.

• Options
    kasienka03_08kasienka03_08 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey guys, recently I discovered something very weird in my house in Brandleton Bay - a guy called Tom Peeping was literally peeping through my window :D Has it happened to you before? I don't think I can post screenshots here yet unfortunately. He was bold, had black sunglasses and has a sim description "peeping sim" above him. I found it weird because my sim wasn't even a celebrity.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Hey guys, recently I discovered something very weird in my house in Brandleton Bay - a guy called Tom Peeping was literally peeping through my window :D Has it happened to you before? I don't think I can post screenshots here yet unfortunately. He was bold, had black sunglasses and has a sim description "peeping sim" above him. I found it weird because my sim wasn't even a celebrity.

Feature of a well-known 18+ mod.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member

Feature of a well-known 18+ mod.

Ooooo someone just got exposed!

Anyways, today I learned that pets can win the lottery!
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Simtown15 wrote: »

Anyways, today I learned that pets can win the lottery!

Indeed they can! I about laughed right out of my chair when Mayor Whiskers won once. I had my sim adopt him, of course :p

• Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I saw today a new joke, joke about barnacles
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    I didn't know that there is tragic clown in ts4 because I never placed the painting and now I feel dumb
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    If your sim pees in the pool next to another sim the other sim will get an embarrassed moodlet that's 'uncomfortably warm'. :D

I presume bladder motive must be low? This is something both my Mischievous, Lazy Sim and my Slob Sim would actually do. :D
  • Options
    alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    edited June 2019
    TRY THESE ON FOR SIZE, Y'ALL (watch everyone already know them and then i'll look like a fool)

if you tip a living statue, you unlock their gold clothes in CAS

BONUS

instead of the regular 5 simoleons, art lover sims tip 10 simoleons to living statues

MaiOAvm.png

xNLMR4Z.png
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Options
    pjericksimpjericksim Posts: 89 Member
    ohmyohmy wrote: »
    I didn't know the game had trash plants.

Yes! And before I discovered Growfruit, I used to harvest trash fruit from the trash plants and use it as fertilizer in my garden.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top