Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sharp teeths in The Sims 4 Island Living

Woah! Did y'all see that? There's teeth that look like a shark in The Sims 4 Island Living!

Comments

• Options
    the_greenplumbobthe_greenplumbob Posts: 6,105 Member
    I think they’re for the mermaids, not sure if human sims can have them too though
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    They are like shark teeth.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 555 Member
    Yeah I saw them and they look pretty cool!

I wish all the unusual eyes, teeth, brows etc were available to put on humans. It'd be nice to have fangs for a Halloween costume without having to become a full vampire ;)
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Cool hope they enable it for vamps too
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    izecson wrote: »

Don't they already exist for the vamps?
  • Options
    SimmerSophie96SimmerSophie96 Posts: 253 Member
    I'm sure those teeth and from the vampire game pack, the guru was just showing off how you can use vampire stuff on mermaids
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    liliaeth wrote: »
    izecson wrote: »

Don't they already exist for the vamps?

Kind of but they are not really aligned to my liking, only two middle teeth longer than the rest.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    The shark-teeth are new. They didn't have Vampires installed at EA Play. Someone did say if you have Vampires then Mersims can use those details too, so maybe the shark-teeth will be enabled for Vampires also.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    If you look at the mermaids in, let's say Pirates of the Caribbean, they have sharp teeth too, pretty sure it's derived from that. and you can use stuff from the Vampire pack too, to create evil sirens.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Also the mermaids in Siren

https://youtu.be/82NusegO1mQ
  • Options
    ShadyLady_DQShadyLady_DQ Posts: 476 Member
    Mermaids in Harry Potter also had sharp teeth. I’m not sure of the origin of sharp teeth on merfolks but it’s definitely got some historical/mythical origin. This is tickling my inner researcher, unfortunately I’m at work and can’t do any research now. Oh well maybe I will update this later if I remember.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Speaking of, not to do with this game, but with this conversation, I guess: Check out the webcomic "https://tapas.io/series/theseainyou#!/site-notice/off[url="http://"][/url]". Trigger warning: first couple of pages are really dark, involving depression etc (before the mermaid).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Also the mermaids in Siren

https://youtu.be/82NusegO1mQ

I’m almost finished with Season One, but I am sooo loving it! :smiley::heart:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,840 Member
    Well, they would make it easier to rip apart dinner (fish).
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    Anmirla wrote: »

Have you ever heard a cat eating a small animal? A lot of crunching and ripping noises. I think mermaids sound the same if they eat fish.

Come to think of it, if I had designed them, I would have added sharp teeth and long nails to all the ones not having the vegetarian trait, and instead made about 50% of them vegetarian. So like half live like sharks or barracudas, half live like manatees. But without the farting :p
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I think they will lend themselves perfectly to making our evil, luring mermaids <3
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Yup, they are for those who want to play as evil Mermaids or Sirens.
  • Options
    loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member

Or sailors ;)
  • Options
    loutredor wrote: »

Or sailors ;)

The other other other white meat.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    EmmaVane wrote: »

Reminds me of the Harry Potter creepy mermaids with the fish faces and yellowish/greyish skin.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,527 Member
    I requested shark teeth! I'm so, SO happy that was added! I wanted to be able to make creepy Mermaids like that Sirens show! I mean, I also really wanted to make Davy Jones' crew from Pirates of the Caribbean, but I'll have to look for some barnacles and tentacles CC for that.

Malicious Merfolk. Oh yes. >:)<3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    LiELF wrote: »
    I requested shark teeth! I'm so, SO happy that was added! I wanted to be able to make creepy Mermaids like that Sirens show! I mean, I also really wanted to make Davy Jones' crew from Pirates of the Caribbean, but I'll have to look for some barnacles and tentacles CC for that.

Yes! I’m so glad that they added a bit of customization so that we can choices of making the lighter mermaids and/or the darker mermaids. :smile:

This means we can finally make all sorts of siren mermaids! :smiley:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,527 Member
    LiELF wrote: »

Yes! I’m so glad that they added a bit of customization so that we can choices of making the lighter mermaids and/or the darker mermaids. :smile:

This means we can finally make all sorts of siren mermaids! :smiley:

Yes! I'm all over that black Mermaid tail, it's my favorite one so far. I tend to get a little bummed when they leave out full black swatches in CAS so this was unexpected. I do wish they had added some new ears with fins on them, though. That would have been really cool. But I'm sure there will be a surge in good Maxis Match Mermaid CC after this pack comes out, lol. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    I love little things like that
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?