Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Curtains disappeared

I have a problem with my game, may be someone has the same, if so and you solved it, please help. In my game, i have 2 store house, and after i put curtains on windows in "buy" option and i switch to gameplay it's fine. But! as soon i have loading screen (going other lot/closing game) and after i come to my family play - curtains not shown. So, i go to build/buy, grabbed window - curtain is there but when i put window back - theye are not. And it doesnt allow me to put new because theye already there just not shown! So every time i open game i have to remove all windows, put new, then put curtains and only then they are shown, but untill i leave the lot. :(((
I hope i could explain because english is not my native language. Thank you

Comments

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    The same thing happens to me. Sometimes they're there and others they aren't. I haven't found anyway to fix it. :(
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Are they only shown in Build/Buy mode? Some curtains for some reason are only showing when I have all walls up. I tend to have cutaway walls, but when I have it on that some curtains don’t show up. What wall mode are you playing on?
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I've seen this as well, it was something that started right after I added this latest pack to the game. The odd part was they come and go, but I then also discovered that they were always there, but if I don't have the walls completely up, they vanish. This is something new, and quite annoying.
  • Options
    kitty29041985kitty29041985 Posts: 792 Member
    Are they only shown in Build/Buy mode? Some curtains for some reason are only showing when I have all walls up. I tend to have cutaway walls, but when I have it on that some curtains don’t show up. What wall mode are you playing on?

No, doesn't show also. They only show when I put them on window, but after I leave the lot and come back they are gone. So If I want to see curtains I have to delete windows, the put again and put curtains again, then it will show.
  • Options

No, doesn't show also. They only show when I put them on window, but after I leave the lot and come back they are gone. So If I want to see curtains I have to delete windows, the put again and put curtains again, then it will show.

An it wasn't happening before new update by the way. And kind of wall (small, medium or tall) was working. I don't use any modes.
  • Options

First floor - medium walls, second - tall
  • Options
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I've seen this as well, it was something that started right after I added this latest pack to the game. The odd part was they come and go, but I then also discovered that they were always there, but if I don't have the walls completely up, they vanish. This is something new, and quite annoying.

Do you mean if I try to make walls in tall option curtains will show?
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    I think it's an older issue to be honest. I've had this problem for several patches. I can only see the curtains if I have the walls up all the way in some houses/ rooms, and it is curtains that would normally show. Like a window right in front of you where there is no cutaway
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I've had this too. They show when walls are up as mentioned. Sometimes for me, they show in half walls too.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    This has been happening to me since the last patch. I thought it might be the CC curtains being affected, but it is happening with the Maxis ones also. Very annoying.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    I have this issue since.... January.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    It happens regularly with the living room and 'Bob's Bedroom' curtains in Pique Hearth.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Options
    slugbuggslugbugg Posts: 80 Member
    I have the same problem. I bought Strangerville and updated and then I noticed when I left my lot and returned my curtains, blinds and sometimes a wall cabinet would be gone. I play with cut away walls but when I put walls all the way up the curtains are there. It only happens when I leave the lot or save and quit the game and then go back in. Its not only cc curtains, blinds and cabinets but ea's as well. I posted about the problem as well. It is very annoying having to go into build mode and put walls up move curtains, blinds to the side of window then put walls back down and then put everything back. As far as the cabinets I have to replace them. I have repaired my game, moved mods folder, basically everything and nothing has worked but at least I know now I'm not the only one with this problem.
  • Options
    DillynJamesDillynJames Posts: 551 Member
    I'm fairly certain this happens when you put certain things too close to the curtains. Interactable objects such as chairs, tables, music items, couches...you might be able to put them in front of long curtains when you have move objects on, but when you try to go back into the house later the curtains will be gone. At least, that's what I have noticed. Dining chairs especially seem to cause a problem when they are placed in front of long curtains.
    In order to avoid this I always turn move objects off when I am placing things near curtains. So far it's worked for me. It's a really dumb glitch that I wish they would fix, though.
    modthesims.info/member.php?u=8889989 320k downloads on ModTheSims; CarlDillynson
  • Options
    Thanks I will try that but it didn't start happening until I got Strangerville and updated my game. And its crazy it only happens when you leave the lot.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Maybe your walls are down.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Thanks for the response. I play with the half cut away walls not all the way down.
  • Options
    brenleedeebrenleedee Posts: 427 Member
    Wow so glad to read this is just not Me, I shared a home to the gallery and my playtester was still in the house and I was like, oh wow I know I put up shades all over the home, but I couldn't see them. Then I went to add more(was going to take the house off the gallery) and then I saw that they shades were there they just weren't showing up at all times.
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    I've had this problem too.
    Not just the curtains but also window baskets and parts of the carpet decorations from the Get Famous pack have disappeared too.
  • Options
    AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    Had that before and delete & undo fixed this temporarily every time. Didn’t happen again when changed a few curtains.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I have this problem but only on the potters splay lot. They show up in buy mode but disappear in live mode, and its only the blinds in the bathroom and upstairs hall that disappear.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    deFafnyrdeFafnyr Posts: 10 New Member
    Same problem here, every house or apartment I've had, there's at least one window where the curtains disappear. It's a little maddening.