Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lottery Winner - what do I do now?

My sim just won the lottery and I have no clue what to do now lol - do i quit her job and move in a bigger house?

Welp! I didn't expect to gain 1 million!

Comments

• Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    1 million is A LOT of money in the sims 4.
    i'd say move them to a bigger house, and if you have get famous just make them famous for being famous

-Yarden.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    That's awesome, congratulations! :D The very few times my sims ever won the lottery it was usually a couple of hundred, or something like that. I had to work hard for my million. xD
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Do both and then take them on a nice vacation:)
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    WOW! Maybe next time set a life goal for each sim character you play with. And if they should ever win the lottery, they can fulfill this dream.
    A dream that just suits their personality, life goal, traits etc.

It would depend on my sim, but for the sims I play with in multiple household I would probably let them do this with their money: (maybe you can get an idea out of it)

- Elora who is already having a pretty good situation would spoil her son with all the new gadgets and toys.

- Anika & Jesper would finish furnishing their house without holding back. i would make use of all the clutter and ideas from youtube build videos. The kids they have would experience family play to the fullest filled with fulfilling all traditions, parties etc.
    Jesper would make A LOT of trips to the jungle to fulfill his quest and restore his artifact collection. I would have them stay a lot in their dream holiday house, cause money isn't a problem here.

- Zen gimi would buy herself a stardom house in Del Sol Valley as she is a aspiring actress. She would move in her dream home together with her boss and throw a big fat wedding that would cost a lot. I will let her wealth go to her head a little as she grows in fame very easily.

- Eliyah will pay off his mortgage debt, furnish his house to his desire. Get married, take a looooong and luxurious honeymoon trip. Start with children who money wise will have the best opportunities in the world, but are not spoiled.

- Ayden who is the bad boy will buy himself the typical man-cave villa, does whatever he wants, hooks up with whomever he wants without any consequences, cause he is rich. He will throw the most extravagant parties and buys the most expensive equipment of everything.

By writing this I actually realize a lot in the game is missing to live a life with purpose. You win the lottery and then what? There are no expensive cars to buy? There is no business ground to buy and build whatever you like there other then the 3 options we have now. There is no holiday home to buy. There is no second home to buy. There is no special school that costs a lot to send your kids to. Not enough meaning to what the game offers i you ask me..
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    When one of my sims won the lottery it took away the fun of that family for me. I don't know why? I stopped playing it shortly after and started a new game with a new family. I don't have my sims do the lottery holiday anymore. :D
  • Options
    Sharonia wrote: »
    When one of my sims won the lottery it took away the fun of that family for me. I don't know why? I stopped playing it shortly after and started a new game with a new family. I don't have my sims do the lottery holiday anymore. :D

I can relate, when my sims have enough money to buy the most expensive property around, I'm not "hungry" anymore, and the fun fades away. A good time to start another family. :)
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yeah my sim just missed out on buying her lottery ticket because I lost track of the time. But then I thought, what does she need to win for, anyway? She already has a luxury home and a few hundred thousand simoleons. There isn’t enough else to buy.
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I'd probably move them into a big house, take them on vacation. I'm not sure if the new island EP is gonna be a "live in" world or a vacation world, but wait and see and maybe use them to explore all that the new EP has to offer when it comes out.

I've yet to win the lottery in game. But I'm not sure my sims need it anyways. I make money insanely easy. My 100 baby save, where I'm still on the first matriarch and she's 18 days to elder, has nearly maxed money. She's at a little over 9,700,000. I'm gonna let her max money, then open an "off shore account" (probably a retail lot) and transfer a couple million there, so she can keep making money. At this point, I'm just curious how much money I can make with a single family. My legacy save, which is on Gen 4, has over 8,000,000 alone. I stopped trying to make money with them, but it keeps adding up. None of that money is cheated, it's all earned thru the game.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,108 Member
    Stutum wrote: »

I can relate, when my sims have enough money to buy the most expensive property around, I'm not "hungry" anymore, and the fun fades away. A good time to start another family. :)

I wish the sims could win random amounts of money on the lottery. I mean, sure they can win a million but maybe once in a while it's $5,000 or $500,000 or even 500 bucks!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    edited June 2019
    Congratulations! I must admit I would have asked the same question. I actually think the winning prize is a bit over the top, even if it is hard to win. In my game I decided that the money prize is reduced to §50.000 + some "social goodies" that are hard to explain but will give the winner and descendants a small boost ion various ways.

Is there anything but moving into a bigger and more exclusive house? Quit job, at least if they did work for the money? Upgrading a room or improving the garden will cost peanuts, traveling will not cost much either. I wish the game had some options for investing money in stocks, and it could either turn out good, neutral or bad. You can gift money to relatives and friends, but I don't remember what pack it came with - parenthood possibly.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    Here's what I've done with my lottery winners so far, I've only had 2.

Grace: Sweet down to earth young adult daughter of my Legacy founder in another save, she's a little innocent, a little naive. I had her living in the run down apartment in Penny Pizzazz's building in the fashion district. She started the save with the basic used kitchen stuff from CL, and a bathroom with a sink, toilet, and a tub shower combo. the only other things she had in the whole apartment was 2 of the folding dining chairs and the folding round dining table from BG found in the patio sort, the cheap laptop, the CL sofa from the flea market, and the chair that's just 2 pillows stacked from TS. She was broke, I mean really broke, and hungry. She had taken her laptop down to the square, being young and pretty, freshly aged up to YA, she caught the eye of a food stall vendor we all know and love, Don Lothario. It was snowing and she was hungry, just about on the point of a pb&j when Don set a plate of pork adobo on the picnic table in front of her at the end of his shift. He gave the girl a wink before going home. Grace ate her pork and scurried home as Vlad took over the stall. Her freelance writing was coming along but she was still barely getting by, she'd added a bed in case she ever got the nerve to invite Don upstairs, which she did the following week. She gave him a key and he showed up several times a week. Then Grace won the lottery, and Don suddenly never seemed to leave. She bought a large house in Windenberg, and the moved in together and got married. Shortly after they welcomed triplets Don Jr, Faith, & Kaylie. Grace was still writing, but spending lots of time in her study, and Don was spending time at the pub, He met wooed and got Luna Villareal pregnant with twins. He now spends his time keeping the ladies apart. Grace is happy and still naive in her big rambling house with the butler and her 3 kids, writing only the books she wants to write (mostly romance). (Current save so this one is ongoing)

Brennan: Typical bad boy, young adult, I see him as being irresponsible and selfish. Living in a little trailer in SV, he's in the athlete career just starting out, and definitely has an eye for the ladies. He soon started flirting with Nancy Landgrab at the gym. She began paying a little attention to him as he climbed the ranks. He won the lottery and went crazy, neglecting to pay taxes on the million, He bought a huge house furnished with only the best, and gifted Nancy with more. Unfortunately the IRS wants their money so they took pretty much everything he had which left him in the even smaller trailer in SV living on not much while he constantly cleans his drains from the vines growing there, but he has been eyeing the pretty conspiracy theorist for the past couple of weeks. (Also a current save)
  • Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    edited June 2019
    I too won a few days ago and I just... shrugged. I actually didn't really need the money, I didn't want to move house into something bigger, life for the Sims was just going well as it was lol.

I never spent any of it, but also I moved on to another Sim as I tend to do. Now they're just the rich neighbours to everyone despite living in a normal but oh so cozy house.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    peanutsinspacepeanutsinspace Posts: 24 Member
    Congrats, that's fantastic!
    My Sims have never won so the question for me has never really popped into me head. I'm not sure what I would do with the money. Vacation maybe, then a couple charities or something. Maybe buy a house and renovate it to help burn through those funds.
  • Options
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    Stutum wrote: »

I wish the sims could win random amounts of money on the lottery. I mean, sure they can win a million but maybe once in a while it's $5,000 or $500,000 or even 500 bucks!

I agree, some variation would be nice. I hardly win the lottery myself though, happened once or twice, and was just enough to buy drinks for my friends at a gathering. xD
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited June 2019
    Congratulations! I must admit I would have asked the same question. I actually think the winning prize is a bit over the top, even if it is hard to win. In my game I decided that the money prize is reduced to §50.000 + some "social goodies" that are hard to explain but will give the winner and descendants a small boost ion various ways.

Is there anything but moving into a bigger and more exclusive house? Quit job, at least if they did work for the money? Upgrading a room or improving the garden will cost peanuts, traveling will not cost much either. I wish the game had some options for investing money in stocks, and it could either turn out good, neutral or bad. You can gift money to relatives and friends, but I don't remember what pack it came with - parenthood possibly.

Yes, you can gift money but I can't remember the amounts. I think it came with seasons.
    My sims never won and I do t know what you can do... Maybe build a enormous Mansion and a enormous shopping center?
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    The one family I had win the lottery was olives husband Rigger (he got to enter cause in ts2 he was rich) and surprisingly he won the mill. When he tragically died Olive inherited it and she's gonna leave it to Nervous. Their lives were pretty unchanged cause I decided to live with them as normal. But if a different family had won (I only enter the dirt poor and the already rich sims, so the poor have a chance of a better life and "the rich get richer"), I would have used the money for either

- New lux home/upgrades
    - a new retail business (I.e. if Brandi won she could start a bakery)
    - holidays (affording the time off work)
    - I gift money to family to knock it down too
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Oooo I know what I'd do with it. Bigger house, everything I'd ever wanted for my Sims is one. Or I'd up sticks with them and have them go to the jungle until everything there was done, explored and they'd completed the archaeology trait.Kick one of those snotty celebrity sims out of their massive mansion and buy it from under them leaving them living in the park. Hire staff, keep them in the basement letting them out only when cleaning, cooking or childcare needs doing so they can earn their rent. Open a Pufferfish Nigri restaurant but not care who you hire. Never, ever work again....do my best to spend it all and leave the kids nothing but my legacy of wanton behavior.... that'd be a challenge in itself. Spend it before the next generation gets their hands on it and make them open a retail store to sell all of your junk when you're dead!