Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm Ticked Off!

GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
While I was playing one of my families during a very cold Spring, the camera pans out to another one of my sims (which I wasn't playing at the time) and he falls over frozen to death. Well I didn't think it was suck a big deal because I just reset him with MCCC. So I continued playing my family.

Finally finished up with them, went to the next house. After that I finally have gotten back to the house with the sim I reset, I had expected to find him there with his family. But NO! He's GONE. I mean, GONE. And there's no headstone for me to bring him back. This really bites.

Because 1) I thought they fixed the sims freezing to death and 2) These are my sims. I don't want them just randomly dying. *sobs* I don't even want to play the household now. :(
epngF25.png
It's up to Nancy!
My YouTube!

Comments

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    1. They didn't "fix" Sims freezing to death. They still freeze to death if you're not careful. What they HAVE fixed is the chance of a Sim doing something dumb, like going swimming outside in a blizzard. Basically if they think they're freezing to death they try to get inside.
    2. It has been known since the base game that you only get a headstone if the Sim dies on the home lot. And "expected him to be with his family"? What? He died. Why on earth would he suddenly be alive?
    3. You can change in settings so that weather has no effect, if you don't like it.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I used MCC to shut off certain types of death a long time ago.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    3. You can change in settings so that weather has no effect, if you don't like it.

I've never had temperature effects switched on yet since the patch I'm witnessing sims freezing to death.

• Options
    1. They didn't "fix" Sims freezing to death. They still freeze to death if you're not careful. What they HAVE fixed is the chance of a Sim doing something dumb, like going swimming outside in a blizzard. Basically if they think they're freezing to death they try to get inside.
    2. It has been known since the base game that you only get a headstone if the Sim dies on the home lot. And "expected him to be with his family"? What? He died. Why on earth would he suddenly be alive?

Well they need to fix this because it's ridiculous. Well even if they gave them the "sense" to get inside, clearly it's not working because I've had at least 15 sims (this is including one of my playables) that have frozen to death.

As far as headstones. I get them no matter what lot I'm on if a sim dies that I'm not playing. I have my playable sims collect the tomestones and take them to the cemetery that I built.
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    I used MCC to shut off certain types of death a long time ago.

I may have to do this.
    calaprfy wrote: »

I've never had temperature effects switched on yet since the patch I'm witnessing sims freezing to death.

Have you reported this? This really needs to be addressed.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I've been having a ton of sims turning blue while we are out on community lots from them being in their workout gear. My sims have even turned blue from being in their workout gear (playing basketball in the city).

But none have died yet. They all seem to disappear before they end up dying. Maybe your sim was queued up to change clothes or leave the lot and your resetting him cancelled that action and as a result he died? I really don't know. I usually play heavily modded and don't ever see blue sims. It's only been this vanilla save I've been playing, waiting on mods to update, that I've even seen blue sims. So I don't know if this is all new with the patch (the frequency) or I just am not use to seeing it cause of all my mods.

But I also vaguely recall it being said that sims wouldn't freeze in workout gear anymore? But, I don't know if that was official comment or hearsay.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I turned off death in the game controls. I hate that they can even turn blue.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    I've been having a ton of sims turning blue while we are out on community lots from them being in their workout gear. My sims have even turned blue from being in their workout gear (playing basketball in the city).

But none have died yet. They all seem to disappear before they end up dying. Maybe your sim was queued up to change clothes or leave the lot and your resetting him cancelled that action and as a result he died? I really don't know. I usually play heavily modded and don't ever see blue sims. It's only been this vanilla save I've been playing, waiting on mods to update, that I've even seen blue sims. So I don't know if this is all new with the patch (the frequency) or I just am not use to seeing it cause of all my mods.

But I also vaguely recall it being said that sims wouldn't freeze in workout gear anymore? But, I don't know if that was official comment or hearsay.

Yup, my game is heavily modded too. They did say that they wouldn't freeze any longer in workout wear, but that's what he was wearing. He had fallen over after clutching his arms, and trying to hug himself because he was freezing. He had fallen over and that's when I reset him. Le sigh.

I'm just super ticked off. I can no longer play that family. I just can't and that really s.u.c.k.s.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Even if his tombstone is MIA, you should still be able to find and revive him. It's super unfortunate he died like that but if you don't mind cheating him back to livelihood, there's a couple ways to get him back. You can use the teleporter mod by Andrew if you have it and summon his ghost, add him to household, then remove his hidden "ghost trait" to bring him back to life. Using purely in-game cheats is a bit more tedious but can manage it by getting the sims ID (sims.get_sim_id_by_name <yoursimfirstname> <yoursimlastname>) then forcing them onto the lot (sims.summon_sim_to_zone <simID>), presuming those cheats still work currently. I haven't used them recently but have in the past.

On another note, did you check the household inventory? Sometimes urns end up stuffed away in there.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    Even if his tombstone is MIA, you should still be able to find and revive him. It's super unfortunate he died like that but if you don't mind cheating him back to livelihood, there's a couple ways to get him back. You can use the teleporter mod by Andrew if you have it and summon his ghost, add him to household, then remove his hidden "ghost trait" to bring him back to life. Using purely in-game cheats is a bit more tedious but can manage it by getting the sims ID (sims.get_sim_id_by_name <yoursimfirstname> <yoursimlastname>) then forcing them onto the lot (sims.summon_sim_to_zone <simID>), presuming those cheats still work currently. I haven't used them recently but have in the past.

On another note, did you check the household inventory? Sometimes urns end up stuffed away in there.

OMGeeee!!!! Why didn't I think of that! Using the teleporter. I'm going to fire up the game and try that right now!!! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you! I really hope this works.

Yup, I checked the family inventory as well as each individual one too. Sadly, he wasn't in there.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member

OMGeeee!!!! Why didn't I think of that! Using the teleporter. I'm going to fire up the game and try that right now!!! Thank you. Thank you. Thank you! I really hope this works.

Yup, I checked the family inventory as well as each individual one too. Sadly, he wasn't in there.

hope it works for you as well! I've used it quite a few times to grab ghosts, usually when elders died in other households but their urns went MIA.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

If you created the Sim, most likely you save the family in your library. You can manipulate that in managed households, then transfer the sim back into his household. I just did this with a missing puppy that I had added to a family that was gone when I logged back in after a week of not playing the game. I was upset because I wanted that particular puppy back and not just make a new one. So I did save the family with the new puppy.

I try to remember to always save after age up and after new babies or toddlers are born so if something goes wrong you can just add them back to your household.

So I do hope you find your missing sim in your gallery library.

I do not allow the weather effects, If we did not have that choice, and aging off. I would not play at all.

Even that comes with some not good side effects, like our maid in the winter come in with her maid uniform on removing it and takes a swim in our pool in a blizzard daily then finishes her work with a bikini on. So yea you get quirks. It's still better than your kids freezing to death being outside in the cold.

You get all sorts of ridiculousness from EA/Maxis. This kind of started with Sims 4 when they remove sensibleness from the game.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options

hope it works for you as well! I've used it quite a few times to grab ghosts, usually when elders died in other households but their urns went MIA.

It worked! Thank you!

Everyone, thank you for all of your help!!! <3
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!