Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you could create your own expansion pack, what would it be?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited April 2019
    Thanks for asking! I love threads like this one.

My ideal pack would be an off the land/farming pack but more based on rural Mediterranean Europe than your typical American farmlands.
    I'd like the new world to have 5 districts each based on a different Mediterranean countrisde and one with the town square.

1: French Provence
    GG1WkxO.jpg

2: Italian Tuscany
    vbsLWqL.jpg

3: Spanish La Mancha (it could have working Mills!)
    35uQq4D.jpg

4: Greek Peloponnese
    kwOVqZA.jpg

5: Town square with a general mediterranean vibe and traditional architecture
    It could have an outdoor market happening on Sundays plus an indoor market that opens every day except Sundays. The markets would not only sell harvestables but also hand/homemade products. Our sims would also be able to sell their goods
    qFu02Xu.jpg
    QeRKCaM.jpg

-I would love it to have like 2 styles: high-end eco-friendly and completely off the grid
    -It should come with tons of new harvestables (including wheat, oranges, lavender, several grape varieties, sunflowers, olives, and more) and collectables in general
    -It could have new activities such as: nectar making (2 ways, traditional and modern), olive oil making (2 ways, traditional and modenr), food preserves, candle making, pottery, dairy products making, soap making, etc
    -The lots with "off the grid" trait won't have water or electricity and you would need to use alternatives to collect water and power (it could combine amazingly with Seasons too). The lots with a high-end eco-friendly style will have modern looking solar panels and sustainable materials
    -Chickens, cows, sheep, and goats (for eggs, milk, and wool)
    -Kids finally would be able to help with gardening
    -Plenty of new recipes
    -Home schooling

And much more!
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    A Parks EP. Zoos, aquariums and amusement parks! I would maybe choose it to be a multiple destination pack, non residential worlds, maybe the 3 worlds could each have about 5 lots that are all fairly large. I'd think on those lots you could probably get 2-3 rides (maybe a rollercoaster would have to be on its own lot) and for zoos about 2-3 exhibits. The zoos would be very basic of course but we could get maybe 12 to 15 animals.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    Ms_MarieMs_Marie Posts: 4 New Member
    I would love a team up with Colonial Williamsburg to make a Colonial Sims. Living off the land, canning items, political discussions, etc.
    And of course Colonial Outfits!
  • Options
    wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    I would create two packs, one where sims who travel back on time collecting artifacts, making friends, encourage them to travel to the present and help solve mysteries.

The other pack would be spin off from Stangervile where sims meet the aliens who created the mother plant and are asked to travel to there planet of the future and save t here planet from the evil ruler. Sims have to grow n plant flower traps to catch the rulers robots which can be reprogrammed to fight the ruler. Sims can take home plants that bring happiness, money and romance, longer life.

I would like to build a pack on witches and wolfs, SIM witches, wolf's
  • Options
    Ms_MarieMs_Marie Posts: 4 New Member
    I wouldn't mind a comic convention pack - maybe meet celebrities from Get Famous, etc. and do challenges this way. I like collections and challenges, so more items involved with those aspects would be good.

I would also like to see more cultural items (clothing, food, etc.) be added.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    A music pack, focusing on classical music. Orchestra, if I was dreaming of any possibility regardless of time and scope, the ability to mix together notes and create your own songs that can be played by a sim orchestra. And then you'd be able to record the note patterns too and share them with other simmers, to be played in their games if they wish and theirs in yours, so that there'd be a whole community of people sharing their songs.

I can dream, anyhow.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Crime, superhero, apocalypse etc please! The game is too normal (isn’t weirder sims their mantra ? So far the sims are so boringly normal) and overly “child friendly” !
  • Options
    SimsQueerSimsQueer Posts: 103 Member
    WITCHCRAFT or SUPERNATURAL. I loved supernatural sims in the Sims 3, but mostly the witches (which is why Witchcraft would be the perfect expansion/stuff pack). It'd be cool if there was some kind of fantasy world as well that came with that expansion. Voodoo is already in the game, but something like potion mixing, magic skill, alchemy... It would be so cool. It would be cool to get some more emo and goth clothing as well.

It'd be kinda cool if there was a "18+" expansion pack if you know what I mean :smiley: but I understand why that won't happen. (And no I don't mean sex and nude things, we have mods for that. I mean something like crime, guns, slaves, drugs and that sorta thing. It would add so much to the game if there was alcohol, cigarettes and drugs that sims could get hooked on. (But I guess we have Basemental and Sacrificial for that.))
  • Options
    Alex_24Alex_24 Posts: 4 New Member
    Any and everything fantastic and magical. We have vampires. Where are the werewolves? Witches? Fareies? Honestly just magical species.
    What about superheroes? I would LOVE to have superpowered sims. Cool new outfits. Careers of Superhero or Supervillain. Sims can join a superhero team and compete against one another for popularity.
    A medieval fantasy world, with a hidden cave. You can explore the cave and befriend the local dragon, maybe even ask them to loan you some treasure or terrorize your enemies. There could be actual farms (as everyone wants) and livestock (sheep, pigs, cows, goats, chickens, ect) for dragon to carry off. Better build a fence or the wolves will get them. A chance of getting abducted by a dragon while walking outdoors (I really like dragons, ok). Farmer as an at-home career. Career as a Noble Knight. Some epic armor clothing and old fashioned dresses. Swords. A dueling skill.
    More in-depth schooling, like actually going to school with the Sims. Young Adults being able to go to universities. Teaching as a job.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    A personality EP. Everything related to personality:a change on how traits really impact a sim's life, a Lot of more traits and aspirations...
  • Options
    simuellesimuelle Posts: 100 Member
    I would love a university pack or just in general an education pack. I would love the option of my young adult sims to go to university or have a feature that allows you to go to school with children and teenagers, like in active careers.
    tumblr; punchella origin id; liujiaxie
    NNePthn.png
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Not that I have a list or anything, but...

My number one EP would revolve around magic (a lot Harry Potter inspired). It would add a CAS option (the same way there is the "can pee standing up" one) of whether a SIM can or can't use magic. Babies born in game would get this ability at random, so being born to magical parents wouldn't automatically mean their kids can too, and vice-versa with non-magical adult Sims.
    There would be all sorts of magic uses: spells, potion making - adding extra layers to botany and herbalism in game, new pet animals (DRAGONS?!?), broomstick or vaccum cleaner flying. Kids would have the option to go to a school where they learn magic and their school projects would reflect that. All magic use would have to be learned - kids in school, adults from books or going to classes or having someone teach them.
    The EP would have a new world where magic works better and is learned easier, the residents generated by the game are all old-school wizards and witches, plants tbat grow there have additional traits or are plain ol' magical.
    Just... all things magic.

I also really love a lot of the ideas for a Generations or Life Stages EP. Something that adds more layers to the current generations. More babies interactions and ability to dress them and go for walks - baby carrier or prams. Buggies for toddlers, trikes and then bikes onwards. University option for Young Adults with it maybe influencing which careers they're able to do from the start and which they'd need to study for first (maybe while having a part time job a-la teens. But preferably no university fees or only small affordable ones). Retirement option for Elders, along with them being an option for dropping off kids instead of daycare.

There are more ideas I have: Business EP (where more businesses would be added to the ones you can own, like an art gallery or a bookstore or a cafe or one's own medical practice or a daycare or an adoption center for both children and pets or an animal rescue or a garden centre), Vacation EP or GP (with destinations like skiing holidays, cruises, theme parks, safaris, beach holidays, camping, kids' summer camps, romantic getaways, HOTELS...). And then I also have a kid who's a Simmer who loves the idea of more depth to music: more instruments, ability to form a band and perform etc.

Whoops, this got long, apologies. :D
  • Options
    KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    I agree, I would like a farming expansion pack, and a schools expansion pack
  • Options
    BrittaBritta Posts: 23 Member
    A farming expansion would be amazing! In addition, I would love to see a universities/school expansion.
    Darrenfroggy above mentioned a magic pack and that would also be amazing!
    I would also love a transportation game pack that wasn't full of rabbit holes, so you could actually see your sim driving a car, riding a bike, driving a motorcycle, riding a trolley, etc.
  • Options
    queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Definitely a story ep. As a person who likes to play-out stories I need to see more drama in my games! Or all your ideas combined!
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!