Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help, less/remove walk bys?

TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
So in front of my house is a constant stream of people walking by, despite living in the desert everybody from all worlds eventually walks by and not one at a time. Now its like a zoo out there!

I'm trying to find a way to either reduce this or mod it. For reducing it I thought ok, I'll just evict all the townies from homes except the ones I want to interact with or close neighbors. However all that did was make it look like my neighborhood was filled with the same stalkers who just kept walking past every 2 minutes.

I did find another mod that actually reduces walk bys but it hasn't been updated since 2015 and no longer works. (Less Or More Walkbys v3.1)

If there is a non-mod method to reducing walk bys or if there IS a mod that can do the same that would also work too.

Can anybody help?

These walk by sims are endless!

Comments

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I believe newcrest has less walkby townies, also the walkby wont randomly knocking on your door unlike in Willow Creek, try moving there especially in the top neighborhood
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    lovejoyriteialovejoyriteia Posts: 198 Member
    Check out Coolspear's mods, at TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum.
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    There’s a lot trait that can help with this, but I forgot what it’s called. The symbol is a door with a no symbol over it. Only the most desperate ones will come by.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    Think it's Private Dwelling but I'm not sure if that affects walk-bys so much as it does people randomly knocking on your door.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    So in front of my house is a constant stream of people walking by, despite living in the desert everybody from all worlds eventually walks by and not one at a time. Now its like a zoo out there!

I'm trying to find a way to either reduce this or mod it. For reducing it I thought ok, I'll just evict all the townies from homes except the ones I want to interact with or close neighbors. However all that did was make it look like my neighborhood was filled with the same stalkers who just kept walking past every 2 minutes.

I did find another mod that actually reduces walk bys but it hasn't been updated since 2015 and no longer works. (Less Or More Walkbys v3.1)

If there is a non-mod method to reducing walk bys or if there IS a mod that can do the same that would also work too.

Can anybody help?

These walk by sims are endless!

I don't know if they changed how walk bys are handled, the twenty Sims in an area rule when the game was first released. I know they don't follow that like in WB where there are rarely walk bys on the island etc. You might want to experiement with my theory if there are more Sims in the home then there would be less walkbys if they still go by the twenty Sims in an area rule.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,450 Member
    Can't remember but doesn't MCCC have something to change the number/frequency of walkbys?