Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cats and Dogs - Ghost Pets

How do you get the Ghost Pets, that are part of the pets aspiration "Play with 2 ghost pets" ?

Comments

• Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    You should come across ghost pets on the island of Brindleton Bay where the lighthouse is. There's an area off to the side that serves as a small graveyard for them. Not sure when you're most likely to see them active.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    edited April 2019
    The ghost animals on the island only come out at night. You don’t need to necessarily stay in the graveyard they roam around the island.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    MLadyAzzeraMLadyAzzera Posts: 1,174 Member
    edited April 2019
    Have several pets pass away, keep the tombstones, and have your sims interact with their tombstones. They will sometimes then visit at night.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    it's currently winter in my game, so these screenshots are going to be snowy... but here are a few shots of the pet cemetery on deadgrass isle, the island in brindleton bay. as mentioned by several commentors above, stray ghost pets (and captain whitaker) will spawn here at night

putting them in spoilers because there are going to be several pictures...
    zoomed out
    33a36e6b1a8d94f3907ef4d55a2d30c0.jpg

the gate:
    6dd1cc0a579a5de00c6031850c55e5ce.jpg

the first ghost spawned a few seconds after the lot loaded up:
    (she's a formerly stray ghost dog adopted by my ghost scientist, but still shows up here like a stray because still has the hidden trait for it)
    0429e93244c68d62d6c4bf0cd5400188.png

my 'show all sims on lot' 30 seconds after loading the lot up:
    (yes, it's part of a mod. a very useful one for examining things)
    11baf6bc03980f600e64f38797ca2220.png

captain whitaker is one of two pet-only households that came with the cats and dogs pack (mayor whiskers is the other). the other ghosts are randomly generated strays. and there will likely be more showing up if i let the game run longer

and sure enough, looks like 10 ghosts get spawned there in a rather short amount of time:
    0dcdd1ade414a50a63ef16b86d11a6d1.png
  • Options
    Slayer_RoseSlayer_Rose Posts: 56 Member
    I have my ghost pets visit my lots a lot. You need to keep interacting with them or else they fade away!
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    Thanks for the advice. I didn't even know there was a Pet Cemetary

I think my new question is how do animals die? I thought that you couldn't do them in. I have aged some pets to be seniors. Do they just die off from being old? Do they die if you don't take them to the Vet when they are sick?

I didn't play for awhile, so I didn't get "Cats and Dogs" until December. I missed the new pack tips and info. Now I'm ttrying to catch up.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    mebagl15 wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice. I didn't even know there was a Pet Cemetary

I think my new question is how do animals die? I thought that you couldn't do them in. I have aged some pets to be seniors. Do they just die off from being old? Do they die if you don't take them to the Vet when they are sick?

I didn't play for awhile, so I didn't get "Cats and Dogs" until December. I missed the new pack tips and info. Now I'm ttrying to catch up.

They can only die from old age. If they're starving or something then they'll end up taken by social services just as toddlers would.
    6riwm5.png