Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I keep Having Boy Babies

So ...the last 3 couples to have a baby in the sims have all been boys , my sim has just had another twin set of boys , that makes it 5 boys in one family, im not against boy babys at all ....but its getting a little bit annoying now ...is my game bugged ? or is there a reason its doing this ? help please :'(

Thanks muchly in advance <3

Comments

• Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    I seem to only have girls xD guess we r the opposite but yh.. In all my games apart from if they r twins, they r girls
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    rjhenn14rjhenn14 Posts: 601 Member
    If you're not opposed to mods, I really like the pregnancy mega mod on modthesims by scumbumbo, it allows you to "scan" the pregnancy to find out the sex of the baby, and the. change the sex and/or how many babies once the sim is pregnant. I have found it very useful, especially when storytelling!
  • Options
    @rjhenn14 I used that once and had 5 children xD
  • Options
    edited July 2016
    @ChloeDeCookie hmm, I'm not sure that's the same mod, this one only allows the game amount of Babies which is at most triplets
  • Options
    @rjhenn14 oh yh I forgot that was a mod to increase the chances of multiples
  • Options
    @rjhenn14 oh yh I forgot that was a mod to increase the chances of multiples

Lol, I'm sure that was a handful!! I only had triplets once, not by the mod either, by random, and it was during a time I was having a baby for a wonder child challenge, boy that was crazy! Lol

• Options
    lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,714 Member
    @Amylouise131, there is an in-game cheat (no mods) to have girls. Have your pregnant sims eat strawberries and listen to pop music to have girls. It works! I have my pregnant sims eat 4-5 strawberries a day and listen to pop for at least an hour and they've only had girls. If you want boys, have the pregnant sim eat carrots and listen to alternative music.
    PDWxp40.jpg
  • Options
    ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    i have the opposite only girls. I only had one boy born out of 8 kids to my couple.
  • Options
    Amylouise131Amylouise131 Posts: 8 New Member
    Thankyou guys ...im trying the strawberry eating on one of my sims now ..hopefully it will work :)
  • Options
    Yes that one usually works well! Often times, even with the mod I use the strawberry/carrot thing to change the sex, and just check that it worked with the mod lol!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Thankyou guys ...im trying the strawberry eating on one of my sims now ..hopefully it will work :)

Hello @Amylouise131 .
    I hope that the next child that is born in your game is a girl :) Eating strawberries and listening to pop music is very helpful to do to influence a girl being born.
  • Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    Besides obvious Strawberry and Carrot. Is there any other diet that can influence the gender of the baby in pregnancy. So far I've one babyboy , IN THE GAME, and planning to have second one. I'm basically gave her veggie base diet and since she has the Jitterbug trait I often let her listen and DANCE to Pop music.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    lejoninnalejoninna Posts: 4,287 Member
    @Ancaryvan what is the jitterbug trait??
  • Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    edited July 2016
    lejoninna wrote: »
    @Ancaryvan what is the jitterbug trait??
    Part of Get Together Pack. You can have the MOST POWERFUL NAP in the game called DISCO NAP when you have this trait. That meant for you to party ALL day and night long. Can restore 70% energy just for ONE nap. Side-effect like outgoing trait, it require you to constantly dance/party or you will get intense/bored moodlet if the sim did not go party a LONG time
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I can't totally remember what it was and if it still exists, but if you eat a certain food, you'll have a certain baby. Like I think it was apples for boys and watermelon (correct me if I'm wrong) for girls or something like that. That's what I always did if I wanted a certain kind of baby first :)
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • Options
    NatachaNatacha Posts: 64 Member
    At one point i think it shifts again.. I've been playing the same family for a long time now and at first they only had boys... Then they only had girls. Now, they seem to be getting twins all the time ;)
  • Options
    buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member
    I had the same. But finally my 8th generation heir is a girl!
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
  • Options
    HyeionHyeion Posts: 522 Member
    @buzz_infamous Look for the bright side: You had plenty of experience! Lmao

Seriously though, It's cool because it was probably a big surprise and iconic thing, since it took so long to happen.
    mfCdivN.gif

Origin ID: Hyeion
  • Options
    buzz_infamousbuzz_infamous Posts: 814 Member
    @Hyeion yussss i was sooo blessed. moreover she also had a baby sister. I was shocked :O
    Origin ID: minimalcanary
  • Options
    PuffyPuffy Posts: 393 Member
    Girls always more expensive to raise , my senior and my teammate share this experience to me in real life. You should be glad that even in sims 4 CAS boy has less things like girls. It's more easy to maintain cost in life. --- Just kidding :))))))))
  • Options
    Amylouise131Amylouise131 Posts: 8 New Member
    so i just got my other sim who's a doctor to dertermine the sex of the baby.....its a GIRL!!! yay ...thanks guys :D:):*
  • Options
    mpatty02mpatty02 Posts: 480 Member
    I'm sort of in the same boat as you. I'm not exclusively having boys, but the majority are. I'll usually have 3-4 boys to 1 female, then repeat process. It stinks...
    I don't know how you feel about mods (I'm a serious noob myself with them) but I downloaded the MCC mod for population purposes, and it let's you control pregnany down to sex, and how many babies. I've been really enjoying that feature.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    so i just got my other sim who's a doctor to dertermine the sex of the baby.....its a GIRL!!! yay ...thanks guys :D:):*

Hello :)
    Congratulations that the new baby will be a girl! That is great! <3
  • Options
    Kat9887Kat9887 Posts: 9 New Member
    How well does the strawberry trick work? My sim couple have had three babies and they’ve all been boys. I’d love to try once more for a girl (to be honest having nothing but boys is starting to get annoying)
  • Options
    ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    Strawberries and pop music has worked every time I've tried it. But I make sure to eat at least 1 strawberry and listen to pop once per day of the pregnancy. I'm not sure if you have better odds the more you do it.

In my legacy family, I spent the first FOUR generations with only boys. When my sim had a second son in the fourth generation, I thought "this is just crap". I resorted to the strawberries and music, which I felt was cheating, but didn't care at that point. We were *blessed* with TWIN girls. Ended up with 4 toddlers at once for a while and I wanted to rip my hair out. Never again.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top