Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How are there tables with no matching chairs?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ArchieonicArchieonic Posts: 1,040 Member
    Ugh, yes. I'm not a huge builder and most things don't bother me but for those times I sit down to carefully design a lot...it's irritating. Also a lack of counters , bed choices.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    There's a lack of any matching/complimentary combinations in any of the furnishings really. I don't mind the colors not matching if they are at least complimentary of the other items but ...nothing really is. I wish for a color palate update.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member
    It could be easily solved with a furniture customization similar to what was in TS2, where you could customize the wood grains or the cushions individually. Far too often have I too been frustrated by the ill matching woods of table and chair or sofa and living chair.

I miss the option for 2 choices to combine wood with any type of cushions or bedding. I don't understand why this feature was not included. If a game from years before could handle this, why not sims 4. *sigh* What were they thinking.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Hmm, I feel the whicker dining chairs match just fine with the dinner table. Sure, they aren't made from the same material. But that doesn't irk me :)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    JADETIGERJADETIGER Posts: 23 Member
    I understand there will never be an in game color wheel, but it would be nice to have an official EA approved color wheel tool outside the game we could use to add our own color swatches of items and clothes to our games. Then we would be able to match or better coordinate the style we each want in our games. I remember using the Sims 2 walls and floors tool all the time to make and add wallpapers and floors to my game in the colors I wanted.

While a tool outside the game will not give the instant gratification when I want to modify a color in game, it would at least be an alternative to get the colors I want to use. There are so many objects and clothes I don’t use simply because I can’t stand the color options.
  • Options
    ctthomasctthomas Posts: 136 Member
    Stina1701A wrote: »
    Yes and windows and doors! Using 2 or 3 kinds of windows and/or doors in a house and finding that the colors don't match :flushed:

The windows as well!! I found a window that takes up three tiles and wanted to use two tiles, it’s it two tile counterpart is much taller than it.
    aldavor wrote: »
    It's like one team has gone off and done the tables... wonderful things that have been created, and another team on the opposite side of the world has gone off to do the chairs... again, wonderful creations ... --- but neither has been spoken to by the director and they have no idea of the others' existence --- hence totally different swatches for totally different designs.

I don't think anything encapsulates this point more than gates and fences... how much more discongruous can you get than these?!?!?!

Communication... maybe a word that the dev managers can place into their somewhat limited vocabularies...
    I imagined them sitting at the conference table and saying in a evil smile >:) let’s make tables and not match them!! >:)>:) and then everyone starts laughing :D:D

Bedrooms and dressers... and why can't we pick bedding separately to the bed colour?

And why oh why do carpets and curtains all carry the same limited colour range?
    This too! Love a cute bed from C&D but the blanket styles aren’t really my liking. Rarely do the curtains I pick, fit my windows, and when the do, they don’t match with their coloring, so I mostly avoid curtains

Windows in this game make me crazy. Even the hue of the glass panes doesn't match!!!

There are SO many nice objects in this game (like windows) that I just flat out never use because there's nothing available to match.

What makes me the MOST crazy though are whites and blacks. How is it possible that there are about 50 different "shades" of white and black. For real? I can't even match white and black objects!?
  • Options
    Bedrooms and dressers... and why can't we pick bedding separately to the bed colour?

And why oh why do carpets and curtains all carry the same limited colour range?

And the limited colour range of one item cannot match the same range for another - if you have a choice between green, blue, grey and pink for each one, one will have a dark green and the other a lime green. If you have a long window in front of the house, and smaller windows on the side, you will not find long and short curtains that match, nor can you match a two-tile curtain to a three-tile curtain.

And, say you pick something simple - a white or black theme for your decor. How can two white items be a different colour, you think. And you end up with some objects that are obviously grey (even though the swatch showed white).

They're messing with us. There is no other explanation.

oooooh those curtains. My blood is just boiling now. In my mind, the curtains should just automatically come in 3 different heights. Or at least most of them. Those WONDERFUL Cats and Dogs curtains that aren't hideous like most of the curtains in the game? Why do they only come in a n extra-tall option? Why can't I have them for regular sized walls?

And I agree. We need WAY more curtain swatches. I always end up with styles I don't like because it's the ONLY color/pattern that matches my room.
  • Options
    Simburian wrote: »

Yes, we really do need more choice of bedding, and for it not to be tied to the frame colour.

Me too as I tend to choose the Cordelia beds so that my Sims get a good night's sleep. Why are the children's bed so uncomfortable too?

Tell me how many parents out there in Reality Land can afford descent beds for their children? It's a conundrum.

Then make them expensive. My Sim family is so rich they donate money just to throw it away. They can afford a nice bed for the kids. Just give me the option!
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

Yes, we really do need more choice of bedding, and for it not to be tied to the frame colour.

Me too as I tend to choose the Cordelia beds so that my Sims get a good night's sleep. Why are the children's bed so uncomfortable too?

Tell me how many parents out there in Reality Land can afford descent beds for their children? It's a conundrum.

Real-life kids get a good sleep on anything, though. It's us older folks who wake up stiff and sore from a cheap mattress. I do use the mid-range beds for my kids, since real-life kids do need a bit more sleep. Teens, on the other hand, seem to be able to exist on coffee alone. That's where I get most annoyed with the beds - it's either a Princess Cordelia bed or a double bed, and the Princess Cordelia not only gets boring, it doesn't always suit my teen's personality and decor. (My goth boy loved it; my geek girl wanted something more sleek.)

Even with the mid-range beds for my kids, there are only three or four choices - the vast majority of beds are four or lower. I just don't understand why you'd even want more than a couple of really bad beds. They might be useful for a struggling family story, but otherwise, they spend so much time sleeping, they literally can't do anything but work, sleep and eat.
    I just want things to match. :'(