Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Gallery being included in the console version concerns me (Gallery being worked on Confirmed)

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    floralney wrote: »

What if they've started working on it? Everybody asks for a gallery, and hopefully they're trying to make one. Just a thought.

Maybe. If only they would tell us what to expect.
  • Options
    DanyhProjectDanyhProject Posts: 3 New Member
    SimGuruDuke said on twitter that they are working on it, but they don't have a launch date just yet. But hey, at least this is kind of a "confirmation" on Gallery on consoles!
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    A TON of people use the gallery, the ones who do greatly outnumber those who dont.

I dont have the console and dont plan to. But many simmers do not enjoy building and like to use others creative lots. So not having a gallery subtracts from the experience greatly for lots of players .
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    As get to work only has 3 retail lots. If we want more we have to build them.

I feel sorry for anybody who can't build :(

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2018
    SimGuruDuke said on twitter that they are working on it, but they don't have a launch date just yet. But hey, at least this is kind of a "confirmation" on Gallery on consoles!

Awesome!!!!!!
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    I'm very happy! I cant wait to have a Gallery for the console version!!! I can't build at all, lol. :D:'(
    He/Him
  • Options
    There will be 2 versions I'm sure a PS4 gallery and an Xbox gallery.
  • Options
    plus1Diamondplus1Diamond Posts: 25 Member
    I just pray that they rectify the current issues with the library before they even begin to try to implement this feature to console. Now I've never played the PC version so I don't know exactly how the gallery works, but what's the point of finding creations that you like in the gallery if you can't even save them to use them when you want?
  • Options
    I just pray that they rectify the current issues with the library before they even begin to try to implement this feature to console. Now I've never played the PC version so I don't know exactly how the gallery works, but what's the point of finding creations that you like in the gallery if you can't even save them to use them when you want?

If you can't save I suggest letting SimGuruNick know.
  • Options
    plus1Diamondplus1Diamond Posts: 25 Member
    @catloverplayer I & several others brought the matter to attention on the EA answers site, & since the latest patch they've informed us that they were aware of the issues with the library's storage capacity & that they're currently working on it. This was what led to Nick tweeting about it after the update release. Hopefully they attend to this before try adding an entire new gallery feature on top of it.
  • Options
    FlimflamSimFlimflamSim Posts: 1 New Member
    Just got the game and have been hanging around the forums to get a few minor queries solved and found this old thread. I have a small update:

“We are planning on more updates for the gallery, some big ones for later this year. They are pretty cool we think, and we have a lot more plans for the gallery down the road, years out," Rodiek said on a livestream showcasing the new update. "Because we have to port those to the console, we need to finish the changes on the PC first so we don’t go back and forth."

This was said about the PC gallery update but is a promising statement :)

Full article: newsweek.com/sims-4-update-july-31-patch-notes-2018-1050676 (Am too new to post a link sorry)
  • Options
    I wonder what the latest word on this is. Are there still plans to bring the FULL gallery to consoles? :o
  • Options
    Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    Yep it will be a full gallery soo we have the up to date gallery version even on pc it's just still a library maybe the next big update? Or maybe even when seasons comes out who knows hard to tell it seems to be hard to transfer lots etc from pc to console for the library it might take them a while but it will happen just think 4 more years for them working on sims 4 so gallery mods and even more packs will happen then hopefully like robbers etc come back and maybe open world type thing stuff like that but next pack they seem to be hinting at is university so maybe another ep or gp depends how big they keep bringing up posts on Twitter and asking about it so ya never know maybe a farming one too since we now have farmers seeds
  • Options
    BugsBunnyfanBugsBunnyfan Posts: 3 New Member
    Does this mean stuff will be able to finally be recolored.
  • Options
    Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    If it's not on pc no
  • Options
    I'm hoping to see the full gallery available to console by Summer of Next Year.
  • Options
    I'm hoping to see the full gallery available to console by Summer of Next Year.

I hope it's before that. Still, better late than never. :o
  • Options
    BrinteySpearsBBrinteySpearsB Posts: 27 Member
    I hate building but every single thing the team uploads to our gallery is kinda ugly . Why don’t you let us vote for what you take the time to upload to the console gallery because whoever is in charge of that keeps picking the ugliest builds and it isn’t being updated enough. I want new builds and sims in our gallery every single week. Also I hate that I can’t make new threads , can people please post in this forum more? I check this forum all the time and NO ONE EVER POSTS . I finally made an account just to point out that you people don’t make enough threads in the console section. I would make so many more threads if there wasn’t a stupid lock . Sorry this is off topic but too bad I can’t make my own thread and no one else is making any either .
  • Options
    I hate building but every single thing the team uploads to our gallery is kinda ugly . Why don’t you let us vote for what you take the time to upload to the console gallery because whoever is in charge of that keeps picking the ugliest builds and it isn’t being updated enough. I want new builds and sims in our gallery every single week. Also I hate that I can’t make new threads , can people please post in this forum more? I check this forum all the time and NO ONE EVER POSTS . I finally made an account just to point out that you people don’t make enough threads in the console section. I would make so many more threads if there wasn’t a stupid lock . Sorry this is off topic but too bad I can’t make my own thread and no one else is making any either .

They do. SimGuruLegacy takes suggestions on Twitter from what simmers want to see bring over to our libraries.
  • Options
    FelizFeliz Posts: 65 Member

Why are you locked from starting new threads? You just won't see as many posts in the 'console' section. The console community isn't as large as PC. Not to mention, unless it's a console specific issue the packs have already been discussed to death on the PC side.
  • Options
    RionAgriasRionAgrias Posts: 305 Member
    Feliz wrote: »

Why are you locked from starting new threads? You just won't see as many posts in the 'console' section. The console community isn't as large as PC. Not to mention, unless it's a console specific issue the packs have already been discussed to death on the PC side.

Brintey cannot make new threads until there are a certain amount of posts accredited to the account. So, if you post a certain amount of times, you can make a thread.