Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

failed to load error 3

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Seasons never downloaded for me only got the update and when I tried to download the expansion manually it gave me a fail download error and said I had no internet connection even though I clearly have one or the update would have never downloaded.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    BMSO wrote: »
    Seasons never downloaded for me only got the update and when I tried to download the expansion manually it gave me a fail download error and said I had no internet connection even though I clearly have one or the update would have never downloaded.

Hello
    Try making sure that your internet security programs aren’t causing issues,
    Try clean booting and downloading /installing then
    https://help.ea.com/en-au/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

This link may also help
    https://help.ea.com/en-gb/help/origin/origin/my-game-downloaded-through-origin-but-will-not-install/
  • Options
    @rosemow Thanks for your help. Seasons still did not download so I'm just doing a complete reinstall of origin and Sims 4. Thanks anyway. :smile:

• Options
    BMSO wrote: »
    @rosemow Thanks for your help. Seasons still did not download so I'm just doing a complete reinstall of origin and Sims 4. Thanks anyway. :smile:

I am sorry that you have had this issue :( I hope that the reinstallation goes smoothly.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Edit:
    @rosemow Problem was solved. Got Seasons to download.
    Post edited by BMSO on

• Options
  • Options
    JaidynJaidyn Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey, @rosemow I tried to the Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new Sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView, files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new Sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
    Add back the folders one at a time, checking the game after adding back each folder to see if the game is working okay.

And, I tried all of them, but for all of them it doesn't work. Please help!
  • Options
    Jaidyn wrote: »
    Hey, @rosemow I tried to the Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new Sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView, files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new Sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
    Add back the folders one at a time, checking the game after adding back each folder to see if the game is working okay.

And, I tried all of them, but for all of them it doesn't work. Please help!

Hello
    Were you able to start the game without the error issue after moving the sims 4 folder to the desktop?
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Jaidyn wrote: »
    >
    > Hey, @rosemow I tried to the Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new Sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView, files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new Sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
    > Add back the folders one at a time, checking the game after adding back each folder to see if the game is working okay.
    >
    > And, I tried all of them, but for all of them it doesn't work. Please help!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Were you able to start the game without the error issue after moving the sims 4 folder to the desktop?

Yes, I was able to.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > Jaidyn wrote: »
    >
    > Hey, @rosemow I tried to the Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new Sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView, files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new Sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
    > Add back the folders one at a time, checking the game after adding back each folder to see if the game is working okay.
    >
    > And, I tried all of them, but for all of them it doesn't work. Please help!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > Were you able to start the game without the error issue after moving the sims 4 folder to the desktop?

Yes, I was able to.

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop.Remove the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder.
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.
  • Options
    > @Jaidyn said:
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > Jaidyn wrote: »
    > >
    > > Hey, @rosemow I tried to the Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new Sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView, files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new Sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
    > > Add back the folders one at a time, checking the game after adding back each folder to see if the game is working okay.
    > >
    > > And, I tried all of them, but for all of them it doesn't work. Please help!
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello
    > > Were you able to start the game without the error issue after moving the sims 4 folder to the desktop?
    >
    > Yes, I was able to.

@rosemow Never mind! Figured it out! Thanks for some of your help though!
  • Options
    > @Jaidyn said:
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > Jaidyn wrote: »
    > >
    > > Hey, @rosemow I tried to the Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new Sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView, files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new Sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
    > > Add back the folders one at a time, checking the game after adding back each folder to see if the game is working okay.
    > >
    > > And, I tried all of them, but for all of them it doesn't work. Please help!
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello
    > > Were you able to start the game without the error issue after moving the sims 4 folder to the desktop?
    >
    > Yes, I was able to.

@rosemow Never mind! Figured it out! Thanks for some of your help though!

It is good that the issue is fixed :)
  • Options
    > @Jaidyn said:
    > > @Jaidyn said:
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > Jaidyn wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > Hey, @rosemow I tried to the Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new Sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView, files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new Sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
    > > > Add back the folders one at a time, checking the game after adding back each folder to see if the game is working okay.
    > > >
    > > > And, I tried all of them, but for all of them it doesn't work. Please help!
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello
    > > > Were you able to start the game without the error issue after moving the sims 4 folder to the desktop?
    > >
    > > Yes, I was able to.
    >
    >
    > @rosemow Never mind! Figured it out! Thanks for some of your help though!

One more thing, it wasn't a problem with my saves or mods, it was with another thing, so I don't know what it is but I'm going to leave the new generated folder there, and only move in my mods and saves, and it worked, without moving anything else in. Still, thank you! You're the best! @rosemow

-Jaidyn
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    > @Jaidyn said:
    > > @Jaidyn said:
    > > > @rosemow said:
    > > > Jaidyn wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > Hey, @rosemow I tried to the Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new Sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView, files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new Sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
    > > > Add back the folders one at a time, checking the game after adding back each folder to see if the game is working okay.
    > > >
    > > > And, I tried all of them, but for all of them it doesn't work. Please help!
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > Hello
    > > > Were you able to start the game without the error issue after moving the sims 4 folder to the desktop?
    > >
    > > Yes, I was able to.
    >
    >
    > @rosemow Never mind! Figured it out! Thanks for some of your help though!

One more thing, it wasn't a problem with my saves or mods, it was with another thing, so I don't know what it is but I'm going to leave the new generated folder there, and only move in my mods and saves, and it worked, without moving anything else in. Still, thank you! You're the best! @rosemow

-Jaidyn

It is good that you have been able to fix it and it is working now :)
  • Options
    CassieSuperSimmer777CassieSuperSimmer777 Posts: 11 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > MORREY wrote: »
    >
    > The game was crack
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > It is illegal to use downloaded sims 4 games. It would be best to buy your own legal copy of Sims 4 from either an online gaming store or from a store near where you live. There may be good reduced prices for the game with sales that are running at this time of the year. You will have game issues with illegal game copies.

Does that mean it's bad that I bought and downloaded Sims 4 from Origin?
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > MORREY wrote: »
    >
    > The game was crack
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello
    > It is illegal to use downloaded sims 4 games. It would be best to buy your own legal copy of Sims 4 from either an online gaming store or from a store near where you live. There may be good reduced prices for the game with sales that are running at this time of the year. You will have game issues with illegal game copies.

Does that mean it's bad that I bought and downloaded Sims 4 from Origin?

Hello @CassieSuperSimmer777
    When I posted about using downloaded sims 4 games, I meant it was illegal to download from sites who have free copies of the game. Origin is the main official download store for Sims 4, and is the main way of buying and downloading/installing the game. It is one of the best ways to get the game :)
  • Options
    CassieSuperSimmer777CassieSuperSimmer777 Posts: 11 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > CassieSuperSimmer777 wrote: »
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > MORREY wrote: »
    > >
    > > The game was crack
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello
    > > It is illegal to use downloaded sims 4 games. It would be best to buy your own legal copy of Sims 4 from either an online gaming store or from a store near where you live. There may be good reduced prices for the game with sales that are running at this time of the year. You will have game issues with illegal game copies.
    >
    > Does that mean it's bad that I bought and downloaded Sims 4 from Origin?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @CassieSuperSimmer777
    > When I posted about using downloaded sims 4 games, I meant it was illegal to download from sites who have free copies of the game. Origin is the main official download store for Sims 4, and is the main way of buying and downloading/installing the game. It is one of the best ways to get the game :)

Oh thank god. Thank you for letting me know. :3
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > CassieSuperSimmer777 wrote: »
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > MORREY wrote: »
    > >
    > > The game was crack
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello
    > > It is illegal to use downloaded sims 4 games. It would be best to buy your own legal copy of Sims 4 from either an online gaming store or from a store near where you live. There may be good reduced prices for the game with sales that are running at this time of the year. You will have game issues with illegal game copies.
    >
    > Does that mean it's bad that I bought and downloaded Sims 4 from Origin?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @CassieSuperSimmer777
    > When I posted about using downloaded sims 4 games, I meant it was illegal to download from sites who have free copies of the game. Origin is the main official download store for Sims 4, and is the main way of buying and downloading/installing the game. It is one of the best ways to get the game :)

Oh thank god. Thank you for letting me know. :3

You’re welcome :) Happy simming!
  • Options
    EssEss Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi my Sims 4 games doesn't work anymore and I tried restarting my computer and my game and origin I also tried the Sims mod deflector and it didn't see anything wrong with my game the problem is that the game doesn't start at all and it doesn't even give me a error message I didn't get to play the Sims 4 for 3 weeks! plz help
  • Options
    Ess wrote: »
    Hi my Sims 4 games doesn't work anymore and I tried restarting my computer and my game and origin I also tried the Sims mod deflector and it didn't see anything wrong with my game the problem is that the game doesn't start at all and it doesn't even give me a error message I didn't get to play the Sims 4 for 3 weeks! plz help

Hello @Ess
    There has been many mods/cc broken by the pre season patch and Seasons. Pack
    This is a link to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch#latest

Try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop.. Remove the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder.
    Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
  • Options
    alyssa1035alyssa1035 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello, I've been having this same issue in my game error code wise. I've tried remaking my files and deleting the cc I've seen posted in the comments but for some reason, my game won't load past manage worlds. When all my cc, saves, everything is gone, the game will start. But when my cc and tray are not in the game folder, the save files show the same issue. I believe one or more of my saves maybe corrupted, is there any way to go about solving this without losing my progress?

p.s. side note I've tried loading a recovery save before things stopped loading with the same issue.
  • Options
    alyssa1035 wrote: »
    Hello, I've been having this same issue in my game error code wise. I've tried remaking my files and deleting the cc I've seen posted in the comments but for some reason, my game won't load past manage worlds. When all my cc, saves, everything is gone, the game will start. But when my cc and tray are not in the game folder, the save files show the same issue. I believe one or more of my saves maybe corrupted, is there any way to go about solving this without losing my progress?

p.s. side note I've tried loading a recovery save before things stopped loading with the same issue.

Hello @alyssa1035
    I am just checking to see if you have done this. Try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then load that save game version
    Keep testing each of the earlier save versions to see if one may not have the issues.

Repairing the game may also help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

• Options
    alyssa1035alyssa1035 Posts: 2 New Member
    @rosemow Thanks for the fast reply!

I haven't had any luck with these methods so far though. Anything else I should try before I just accept defeat?
  • Options
    alyssa1035 wrote: »
    @rosemow Thanks for the fast reply!

I haven't had any luck with these methods so far though. Anything else I should try before I just accept defeat?

Hello @alyssa1035
    Try moving the save game file called slot_00000001.save to your desktop. Then load one of your save games and see if the issue remains.

If the issue remains, I am sorry :( but you may need to start a fresh new save game. You could test your different save game files and see if there may be one that doesn’t have the error.