Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Constant Rain

So I purchased the Seasons EP yesterday, started new game, set starting season to Fall (when asked), went to Options and set season length to 4 weeks (so I would have time to explore all that each season has to offer).

I'm on Sim day 22 now, and every single day it has rained. It even rains when it's sunny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :/:o Now, to be clear, it's not constantly raining, but at some point during the day or night it will rain.

Is this a bug or a feature?

P.S. No mods.

Comments

• Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    As in real life it can happens. It's just randomly.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    You can temporarily turn off rain in the game settings if it's gets too annoying. I know some worlds get more rain than others so you could also try moving your sims to a different world and see if it rains less. I've played in both San Myshuno and Magnolia Promenade and it hasn't rained much at all.
  • Options
    vintagesaturdayvintagesaturday Posts: 258 Member
    I noticed this too. I know we can turn off storms and rain, but I want rain. Just not every day. It's frustrating because I also have pets - who want walks, but my sims won't go outside in storms and it seems to be constantly storming or raining so they get the uncomfortable wet or scared moodlets or run inside. So my poor dogs can't get walked lol. I wish there was a 'frequency' setting or something, to have it enabled but less often or something.
    Gallery : VintageSaturday // Simblr : S.E. Sims
    ltx83WK.png
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Which world are you playing in?
  • Options
    CommanderKeenCommanderKeen Posts: 614 Member

Sorry, but no. In real life, it does not rain every single day.
  • Options
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    You can temporarily turn off rain in the game settings if it's gets too annoying.

But what's the point of spending $43.29 on an EP if you have to disable it?
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »

The original one: Willow Creek.
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    edited July 2018
    It rained almost every day in Magnolia Promenade during my first summer, but I'm on my second "year" and it's evened out now. A few days of rain and then a few days of sunshine is where I'm at now.
  • Options

It depends where you are.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    RustyCicuitRustyCicuit Posts: 49 Member
    edited July 2018
    There is weather controll machine, which can help you clear the sky and change seasons, once upgraded. On side note, try going out more with your sims and visit different worlds. Will change the scenary and imporove the gameplay in general.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited July 2018
    I think this largely depends on the world you live. When I played in Willow Creek on a 7 day season it rained and thundered a lot. When I made my seasons 14 day seasons it was a lot more balanced. My current save is in Brindleton Bay and I’ve had one day of rain and thunder in Summer.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I personally don't mind the rain; try hanging out in a different world instead, like Oasis Springs. I presume that it never rains there, if not very rarely.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options

No, it doesn't. Are you seriously asserting Willow Creek is based on Meghalaya? I mean, seriously? That's the story you are going to stick to?
  • Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    I think the rain and thunderstorms are tuned too high in all the worlds except Oasis Springs. There it's tuned too low. So it rains and thunderstorms constantly everywhere else, but Oasis springs it never does which is weird. It makes some of the worlds just unplayable. I hope a mod fixes this eventually or the team because it's ridiculous how BB will thuderstorm and rain so often you can't even enjoy any summer activities at all. I live in a place that does get pretty chill summers with rain (PNW) and we don't even get that much rain. Thunderstorms happen only a few times in Summer. Yet BB has them constantly. It's just too much.
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    Yep I can truly say that Willow Creek is one world where it seems to rain a LOT. My Toddlers are constantly in fear of Thunderstorms... I think I will need to check for another world for my family, so they can relax a bit. I didn't want to use the weather machine though, as this doesn't fir to her story. A Scientist would come in handy though. Someone who makes sense to work on different machines and devices :)
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

The original one: Willow Creek.

Willow Creek gets thunderstorms, blizzards, and heatwaves.

It rains a lot in Willow Creek, Windenburg, and Brindleton Bay.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Opt with the weather control machine. It's been added for one reason - to please ;)

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options

No, it doesn't. Are you seriously asserting Willow Creek is based on Meghalaya? I mean, seriously? That's the story you are going to stick to?

Calm down dude! As I said it's just randomly. So it's possible that it happens.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited July 2018
    So I purchased the Seasons EP yesterday, started new game, set starting season to Fall (when asked), went to Options and set season length to 4 weeks (so I would have time to explore all that each season has to offer).

I'm on Sim day 22 now, and every single day it has rained. It even rains when it's sunny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :/:o Now, to be clear, it's not constantly raining, but at some point during the day or night it will rain.

P.S. No mods.

Time to build an Ark.

Seriously though -
    Try "repair game" in the Origin screen, or (if that doesn't work) try clearing out your cache files. Delete the file -

localthumbcache.package (located in: The Sims 4 folder)

NOTE: it may take a little while longer for your game to load, since it will need to regenerate a new batch of cache files.

Cache files sometimes get corrupted and need to be replaced with fresh new ones.
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    edited July 2018
    Evie0602 wrote: »
    You can temporarily turn off rain in the game settings if it's gets too annoying.

But what's the point of spending $43.29 on an EP if you have to disable it?

I didn't mean that you should permanently turn rain off forever. Just for example if it's been raining for 6 days in a row in your game and you desperately need a sunny day, you can go into the settings and turn it off for a couple days. Then enjoy the sunshine, and turn it back on after that. :)
    Post edited by Evie0602 on
  • Options

P.S. No mods.

Time to build an Ark.

Seriously though -
    Try "repair game" in the Origin screen, or (if that doesn't work) try clearing out your cache files. Delete the file -

NOTE: it may take a little while longer for your game to load, since it will need to regenerate a new batch of cache files.

Cache files sometimes get corrupted and need to be replaced with fresh new ones.

It's not a bug, it's suppose to be that way so it has nothing to do with the game being broken. It's the way they did the programming that makes it too likely to have 28 days of straight rain and thunderstorm. I think it is more noticeable on the longer seasons. 28 days of pure rain for summer is not normal, it is ridiculous.
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Opt with the weather control machine. It's been added for one reason - to please ;)

That's not really a solution to having 28 day rainfests.

But it's not actually random. That's not how programming works. There is a mathematical equation that controls the weather patterns in this game. They don't have it tuned right for the worlds especially with long seasons. While yes you can turn it off, people shouldn't have to just to play the game. I don't think it's intended for there to be rainfests in summer in BB that last for 28 days. I think it'd make more sense for the developers to take a look at the coding to see if maybe it's tuned too high or low for some worlds. That way the worlds have more balance especially for longer seasons.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited July 2018
    I have it 14 days and during summer it rained everyday except a couple of days it was hot and nice.

P.S. No mods.

Time to build an Ark.

Seriously though -

It's not a bug, it's suppose to be that way so it has nothing to do with the game being broken. It's the way they did the programming that makes it too likely to have 28 days of straight rain and thunderstorm. I think it is more noticeable on the longer seasons. 28 days of pure rain for summer is not normal, it is ridiculous.
    Nindigo wrote: »

That's not really a solution to having 28 day rainfests.

But it's not actually random. That's not how programming works. There is a mathematical equation that controls the weather patterns in this game. They don't have it tuned right for the worlds especially with long seasons. While yes you can turn it off, people shouldn't have to just to play the game. I don't think it's intended for there to be rainfests in summer in BB that last for 28 days. I think it'd make more sense for the developers to take a look at the coding to see if maybe it's tuned too high or low for some worlds. That way the worlds have more balance especially for longer seasons.
    It is random and it depends on where your sims live because Willow Creek gets more thunderstorms then the other worlds.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Bellesim67Bellesim67 Posts: 38 Member
    I have the seasons set to 28 days and have gone through all seasons in Willow Creek, Oasis Springs, and Windenburg the weather has been a good mix.

I do tend to travel to OS if it's raining in WC to long for me though(2 days in a row).
    My sims love to go dance by the fireplace at the park there and I like that they do it on their own lol.

So I'm not sure about it being coded to high or low. My only issue was joggers freezing to death until I got the no temperature deaths mod.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member

A few years ago I was in Florida for a few weeks and it rained every single day I was there, even if it was a 5 minute sunshower
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I have it 14 days and during summer it rained everyday except a couple of days it was hot and nice.

It is random and it depends on where your sims live because Willow Creek gets more thunderstorms then the other worlds.

That's great, but it's not random no matter how many people who don't understand coding, programming, and math says this, it will still not ever be true. That's not how programming works and computers cannot generate true randomness in their selection. It's not physically possible. Random number generators that are so popular aren't actually random either. They can't generate true randomness and everything they do is based on mathematical equations. This is true for every single game, program, and computer coding in the entire world. This needs to be adjusted because it's not playable when you have 28 straight days of rain. No matter how many people might like that, many of us don't. It's okay to not like it and wish it to be tuned differently.

This "I have it 14 days and during summer it rained everyday except a couple of days it was hot and nice." really shouldn't happen especially in worlds like Willow Creek where it's based on southern area of the US. While they get rain, they don't typically get that many days of rain. 3 out of 14 days being sunny isn't normal for that part of the world. That's 79% chance of rain for the entire summer season. That's crazy out of the ordinary for that area of the world. If you put it into real life terms you'd be looking at most of June, July, and August being just rain. I live in a state that's literally considered one of the rainiest in the entire country even *we* don't get that much rain. So it's not even realistic at all. You have to understand proportions are going to be off because sims don't have 3-4 months per season like we do in real life, but if you turn it into a percentage that's where it really shows how unrealistic and odd it is.