Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how old is your oldest save ?

Comments

• Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    My oldest save was from 2015. I deleted it a few days ago.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    I remember the day when my child came to me, she was really little (6-7) and asked me to buy her sims game. I bought it for her after she completed all chores to make money for it. When she did it, sims 4 came out. So I bought sims 4 for her too. My save is that old. I have sims 3 that we purchased but never opened, and we have sims 4, purchased for her, me and my other child. I still play the same save. I was trying to play new save. I even have 2 families there, I liked them, but never loved. My first save has 13 played families at the moment. All of them are 3 to 7 generations. I can't stop playing it. If it would be gone, my sims 4 game would be gone.
    So how old is your oldest save and how much you love it ? Pictures of your oldest, but current save are welcome.
    I'll post my pictures tomorrow. I'm on another computer right now.

My oldest save is technically three years old. I uploaded the original Mooney family three years ago, shortly after my founding couple's second granddaughter became a child and their son had just asked his girlfriend to marry him. All sims prior to third generation- including the two older granddaughters- were created/born before the Toddler update.

The young adult in my avi is Rebekah Avery, oldest grandchild to Ryan Cole and Katherine Mooney(both deceased.)

In total, Ryan and Katherine have four grandchildren:
    Madison Mooney-Avery's Children
    Rebekah
    Rhyan(second granddaughter)

Ryder Mooney's Children:
    Cole(given his grandfather's last name as a first name)
    Harper
    (Poor Cole is the only boy in his generation!)

Here's the whole family. So far.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    LumiastaLumiasta Posts: 171 Member
    My oldest -- and only -- savegame is the one I started when the Sims 4 came out. Obviously I keep saving on eight different slots in case something goes wrong with it, but still the same world. I play with aging off, but I did have aging on for non-played sims for a long time, so majority of the pre-mades are long gone.

Sometimes my playing is more... tending to the world, neighborhoods, the whole of it, instead of one family. I tend to edit freshly spawned wanderers and townies if I don't like them, I like a world where I know all the sims, so when whoever I'm playing goes anywhere, I know who the sims there are.

I couldn't imagine starting a new save, this save is like carefully cultivated garden that I enjoy tinkering with.
  • Options
    simgravessimgraves Posts: 291 Member
    Mine is since late December 2017. I've actually reached 10 generations
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    My oldest save is about three years old and currently has three active families in it plus various relatives whose families are kept going through CAS. The oldest family is in its 6th generation, because I stopped playing for several months at one point. The ones I first got to play as toddlers are only now starting to die off, leaving children and grandchildren behind.

@Koteyka, I used to have lots of pictures for one of my legacies, but I lost them when I deleted a room without checking to see if it was empty. By the time I realized my mistake it was too late to undo and I didn't feel like losing my work by going to an older save.
    image.png
  • Options
    x_Always_Heart_xx_Always_Heart_x Posts: 567 Member
    My oldest save that I haven’t deleted is from April 2014 and I have yet to play it again. :pensive:
  • Options
    SlyvanasSlyvanas Posts: 855 Member
    agustd wrote: »
    My oldest save was from November 2016 to June this year. Then I moved all my sims to a fresh one because the original one was bloated and I was suspecting most of the glitches were a result of that. Now everything runs way better. I don't think TS4 is meant to handle big, long running saves, I'd recommend changing them once in 6 months or so.

I am thinking of changing my sim save to a new one, but i'm on Gen six of my legacy. How do you keep all of the relationships inact? Do you use MCC command to rebuild the family tree?
    oxv0Rm8.png
  • Options
    CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    My oldest save is from when City Living came out. I played with three friends sharing an apartment and trying out the three new careers. They've all passed away now and their kids have families of their own now.

I had an earlier save from when Get Together first came out but I lost the save and couldn't retrieve it. The worst part is a bunch of screenshots from that file are in the slideshow for my screensaver so I still see them from time to time.

I wish there was an easier way to combine my three most played households into one save file but the families are so big it would be such a pain to combine them all.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Each time new content or a new patch is released, I have problems with my save. The recommended solution is always to start a new save. Eventually I do so my saves never last as long as they should which is truly unfortunate.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,682 Member
    I still play my first save, and I got TS4 on release. So that must be about 4 years :)

Some families have been played through many generations (manually aged), but in many houses there are still a few of my original sims, just a generation older. I better speed up, because most sims have traits and aspirations that were available years ago, I think I miss ouit on some updated stuff by clinging to my old save.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    edited July 2018
    I usually successfully restore my oldest save by transferring it to the new sims 4 folder. I do it every 3-4 months, then it runs really well. I also keep backup and had to use it twice. But so far I have no plans to delete it. I have second save, but the last time I opened it was 11/2017. My first save is full of drama on every corner, sims have extended families, friends... it’s fun to play.
  • Options
    MarmarSimsMarmarSims Posts: 183 Member
    My oldest save is 4 years old, it has a lot of diverse families. But I hardly play it because it's too laggy.
    30uejra.jpg
    Origin: maritakoyaki
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I still only play the legacy I started when I bought the game more than three years ago, they are 14 generations now. But I move them to a new save every year, otherwise I get too many bugs and awful lag on large lots. The current save is from January, I think. When I start a new save I always spend some time setting it up first, with households and lots from the gallery and some that I transfer from the old save. It's nice to start fresh sometimes in terms of environment, but I can never let go of my sims.
  • Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    My oldest save is from when the base game released, 1000+ hours in. It’s the only one I play. I guess I have been lucky so far and never had anything get corrupted. I have all DLC except pet stuff and toddler stuff.

I like to make a household, max all their skills and aspirations, go to clubs, build some houses... then quit a few months then make a new household and do the same thing over and over.

Come to think of it, I did lose 3-5 hours of gameplay due to corruption once. But I just picked back up from an earlier save and continued on.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    edited July 2018
    Slyvanas wrote: »
    My oldest save was from November 2016 to June this year. Then I moved all my sims to a fresh one because the original one was bloated and I was suspecting most of the glitches were a result of that. Now everything runs way better. I don't think TS4 is meant to handle big, long running saves, I'd recommend changing them once in 6 months or so.

I am thinking of changing my sim save to a new one, but i'm on Gen six of my legacy. How do you keep all of the relationships inact? Do you use MCC command to rebuild the family tree?

Yes, exactly, MCCC+lots of patience. It's time consuming so I recommend getting some good snacks or coffee to keep you company during this painful process :p I only had 4 generations when I moved my save and it took me about 2 hours to set up everything the way it was before (uploading all families to the gallery, manually setting relationships, placing houses, all that jazz. I decided to leave the family friends behind). I'd say don't hesitate because there's nothing this mod can't fix. I used to deal with awful lag on public lots, no matter how big or how small, now it's pretty much gone. The camera doesn't stutter, I hardly see any glitches besides the one Seasons introduced (and they're not that bad fortunately). I was also able to add way more CC to my game now and it doesn't affect the smoothness at all.
  • Options
    nativehyunnativehyun Posts: 10 New Member
    Since early 2012 when I was middle school student!
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I have sims and built lots that are 3 years old. i still play with them, but saves only a couple of months old.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member

@agustd Do you just do 'save as' and create a new save file? I'm very curious about this. I've only had to repair my current save game once, and that's because something happened that corrupted it, but I didn't lose much progress; this was around the time of CL.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    Shawnathan8Shawnathan8 Posts: 16 Member
    3 years.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    My oldest save is the first time I created Victoria Vanhelsing who is my go-to sim. It's a few years old. Still trying to find her true love. I was rewatching Heart Signal and Heart Signal 2. Maybe I should do something like that with her.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    When i save i "Save as" but same from when sims 4 launched.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    I got the game in later 2016 and my oldest save is from the first family that I created. (A single father Cornelius with his two young sons Emmett and Easton) That save now has 17 households all going back to Cornelius's children. Besides the two I made for him in CAS he married and had four children born in the game.
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    AilurophiletteAilurophilette Posts: 49 Member
    Wow! I've read so many people who just can’t seem to leave their existing game! I can’t seem to focus on one game for more than a week or so, does anyone have any tips on how to stay in a single game? I think I have 50 games so far…
    Origin ID: Ailurophilette | The Honeycomb Legacy |
  • Options
    Rachelsimmer97Rachelsimmer97 Posts: 2 New Member
    When I lost my save file 2 yrs ago with ALOT of gameplay and many generations...I started again and have now been playing on my first ever sims offspring /friends ever since! It's so cool to see your whole town have backstory, parents, grandparents etc etc it makes it so realistic. It's also really nice to have non maxis sims walking about. I'm on generation 6 atm, as I take alot of time with each family to build up satisfying gameplay. If I ever lost THIS save I would be traumatised!! BACKUP EVERYTHING!! Happy simming x
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,601 Member
    Just realized my oldest save was started in 2015. Took me a full year before I attempted the Pinstar Legacy Challenge again. I decided to use the same Sim as my Founder. I just really loved his backstory. I finished the Challenge and just kept the save. I haven't played it, since, but that wasn't part of the question. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/