Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    ThildatullThildatull Posts: 3 New Member
    Hi! Okay so I really hope this is going to help me!
    I just downloaded sims 4 seasons (yay!), and I had my kid sim to start a scout career. But when he did that, he also ended his school career.. And now he cant go back to school! Isn´t it supposed to be able to do both go to school and then scout meeting on the weekend..? Woukd be super happy if someone out there could answer this, and hopefully help me <3
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,704 Member
    Thildatull wrote: »
    Hi! Okay so I really hope this is going to help me!
    I just downloaded sims 4 seasons (yay!), and I had my kid sim to start a scout career. But when he did that, he also ended his school career.. And now he cant go back to school! Isn´t it supposed to be able to do both go to school and then scout meeting on the weekend..? Woukd be super happy if someone out there could answer this, and hopefully help me <3

Hello @Thildatull
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    Other simmers have found that mods have been causing this issue,
    This is a link to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch#latest
  • Options
    ThildatullThildatull Posts: 3 New Member
    Thank you @rosemow ! It helped! Everything work like it should now :D
  • Options
    Thildatull wrote: »

Thank you @rosemow ! It helped! Everything work like it should now :D

You’re welcome :) It is good that things are working now as they should.
  • Options
    T_Cathy90T_Cathy90 Posts: 4 New Member
    Need help!! Hello! I hope some people catch my comment and help me with this issue because I’m really short tempered with this game right now LOL!
  • Options
    T_Cathy90T_Cathy90 Posts: 4 New Member
    Oh idk if my whole comment posted .. I can’t put paint or flooring down for some reason
  • Options
    KitsunechanwKitsunechanw Posts: 112 Member
    my friend is also have any issue with the calander being empty and not being able to add holidays or events.
  • Options
    KitsunechanwKitsunechanw Posts: 112 Member
    Hello my problem is, I bought seasons and installed everything was okay, calendar works and all. But when I tried to plant something it said " it is too cold to plant" it was spring so I thought we left winter yet so it was okay, but now it's summer and plants still say "it is too cold to plant" I even tried to build a greenhouse but it was still the same.. Gardening was the sole reason I bought seasons please help :(
    hey is it a cc seed as i have that issue for any cc seeds
  • Options
    FlaffyBiscuitFlaffyBiscuit Posts: 7 New Member
    Hello
    I am having trouble with my CC, I want new CC and It won't work, in my mods folder the old CC will not show up but in the game it does and it works fine, basically I can't get new cc and can't delete old cc, help pls!!
  • Options
    T_Cathy90 wrote: »
    Oh idk if my whole comment posted .. I can’t put paint or flooring down for some reason

Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
  • Options
    my friend is also have any issue with the calander being empty and not being able to add holidays or events.

Hello
    If your friend has cc/mods in their game, have them move their mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    There has been many mods/cc broken by the latest patch
    This is a link to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch#latest
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Hello
    I am having trouble with my CC, I want new CC and It won't work, in my mods folder the old CC will not show up but in the game it does and it works fine, basically I can't get new cc and can't delete old cc, help pls!!

Hello @FlaffyBiscuit
    Do you use One Drive? If you do it could be causing this issue, Try seeing if there is a mods folder in One Drive . The game may be using that mods folder instead of the one in Documents -Electronic Arts -sims 4 folder . One Drive can cause issues,

If you don’t use One Drive, try using the search bar on your computer , and search to see if there may be another mods folder on your computer that the game is using instead of the one directly in the sims 4 folder.

• Options
    Moraness_84Moraness_84 Posts: 2 New Member
    OKAY GUYS... I’ve had 8 Butlers die in 5 in-game weeks. I don’t know how they’re dying, there’s nothing obviously killing them lol. Some were old and some were young. What’s killing my butlers??? :'( :'(
  • Options
    OKAY GUYS... I’ve had 8 Butlers die in 5 in-game weeks. I don’t know how they’re dying, there’s nothing obviously killing them lol. Some were old and some were young. What’s killing my butlers??? :'(:'(

Hello @Moraness_84

Butters aren’t meant to die in the game. They have a hidden trait that prevents them from dying.

If you have cc/mods in your game, they may be causing issues.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.

Try removing the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder and see if that helps to prevent this continuing to occur.
  • Options
    MaruMaMaruMa Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello

Issue:
    Building apartments and changing the furniture. After a while, all the changes reverted back to the original.
    I'm playing only in one world and my changes are reverted in all the different houses/apartments.

Steps you took for Issue to occur:
    Tried to repair the game. Nothing.
    Tried to recover some older (even some month older versions) version, still missing my changes.

Where does the bug occur ?:
    I'm playing only in one world and my changes are reverted in all the different houses/apartments. Didn't tried some new changes.

Mods/CC:
    Yes I'm using custom Mods.

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs:
    The Sims4 City Living
    The Sims4: Outdoor Retreat
    The Sims4 Holiday Celebration Pack
    The Sims4 Cool Kitchen Stuff
    The Sims 4 Spooky Stuff

Occurring since:
    Since the middle of May
    Didn't made any changes by myself.

Operating system:
    macOS High Sierra

Any help or suggestions are very welcome. If I can add any more useful information or anything, please let me know.
    Thank you in advance
    Maru Maasi
  • Options
    MaruMa wrote: »
    Hello

Issue:
    Building apartments and changing the furniture. After a while, all the changes reverted back to the original.
    I'm playing only in one world and my changes are reverted in all the different houses/apartments.

Tried to repair the game. Nothing.
    Tried to recover some older (even some month older versions) version, still missing my changes.

Where does the bug occur ?:
    I'm playing only in one world and my changes are reverted in all the different houses/apartments. Didn't tried some new changes.

Mods/CC:
    Yes I'm using custom Mods.

The Sims4 City Living
    The Sims4: Outdoor Retreat
    The Sims4 Holiday Celebration Pack
    The Sims4 Cool Kitchen Stuff
    The Sims 4 Spooky Stuff

Occurring since:
    Since the middle of May
    Didn't made any changes by myself.

Operating system:
    macOS High Sierra

Any help or suggestions are very welcome. If I can add any more useful information or anything, please let me know.
    Thank you in advance
    Maru Maasi

Hello @MaruMa
    I am sorry that you have had this issue :(
    If you have tried recovering older versions of your save game, and the issue remained, you may not be able to recover them now.
    Try testing to seeing if the changes that you make to the apartments now, remain when you next play the game.
  • Options
    DaddlriqueDaddlrique Posts: 5 New Member
    Issue:
    Speed/Time buttons squished

Started the game? x.x

Where does the bug occur ?
    Bug occurs with any save file and any household

Mods/CC:
    Only CC (Hairs,Clothing, Accs, etc), no script mods

All EPs, all GPs, every SP other than Kitchen, Movie, Spooky and Toddler stuff

Occurring since:
    Latest patch (19th of June)

Operating system:
    Windows 8

What I did to try and fix it:
    - Removed every kind of CC I had
    - Repairing the game (doesn't work, getting a downloading error or it freezes at "finishing up")
    - Uninstalling/reinstalling origin + game
    - Resetting the Sims 4 folder

Can't post links yet, would like to show a picture and lastException files to someone though as I have 2 of them

Thanks for your help in advance :')
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Daddlrique wrote: »
    Issue:
    Speed/Time buttons squished

Started the game? x.x

Where does the bug occur ?
    Bug occurs with any save file and any household

Mods/CC:
    Only CC (Hairs,Clothing, Accs, etc), no script mods

All EPs, all GPs, every SP other than Kitchen, Movie, Spooky and Toddler stuff

Occurring since:
    Latest patch (19th of June)

Operating system:
    Windows 8

What I did to try and fix it:
    - Removed every kind of CC I had
    - Repairing the game (doesn't work, getting a downloading error or it freezes at "finishing up")
    - Uninstalling/reinstalling origin + game
    - Resetting the Sims 4 folder

Can't post links yet, would like to show a picture and lastException files to someone though as I have 2 of them

Thanks for your help in advance :')

Hello @Daddlrique
    Try shutting down your computer completely. Restart the computer.
    Remove the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder
    Launch the game, then start a fresh new save game
    Test to see if the issue remains.

Just another little question. When you removed the cc, did you check that it had gone from the game?
  • Options
    DaddlriqueDaddlrique Posts: 5 New Member
    @rosemow yes, I started the game again after removing it and didn't have any of the CC in CAS or in-game anymore. So, I followed your steps and after 5 minutes or so it gave me "Error: 327682:0"
  • Options
    Daddlrique wrote: »
    @rosemow yes, I started the game again after removing it and didn't have any of the CC in CAS or in-game anymore. So, I followed your steps and after 5 minutes or so it gave me "Error: 327682:0"

If you are getting that error message when trying to repair the game, try cleanbooting the computer, then going to Origin and repairing the game then.
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/
    I am wondering if the issue with your speed buttons is a result of damaged game files, and so repairing the game may help to fix the issue.
  • Options
    jchunat44jchunat44 Posts: 13 New Member
    Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me or direct me to what may help. I am playing The Sims 4 on a Macbook Air, running iOS 10.13.3, iOS High Sierra. I have been playing with no issue lately, but when I started playing today, I ran into 2 somewhat big issues.
    1. My male sim can't go to his job. I have given him 3 different jobs (military recruiter, Athletic waterperson, and Social Media intern. Each day it comes time for him to go to work, there is no option to 'go to work'. My female sim has no issue, but I'm very frustrated that he can't work, too.
    2. Dialogue boxes that come up for gameplay show no text. Like the ones when you click on a pet and ask 'what's wrong?' or when my sim goes to quit his job, the box that comes up that prompts you to click 'ok' or 'cancel' has no text whatsoever. It is completely blank, with the 'ok' and 'cancel' buttons. Idk if I'm describing it that well since I can't attach pictures. But does anyone know how to fix it/who knows how to fix it? It would be very much appreciated!!
  • Options
    jchunat44 wrote: »
    Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me or direct me to what may help. I am playing The Sims 4 on a Macbook Air, running iOS 10.13.3, iOS High Sierra. I have been playing with no issue lately, but when I started playing today, I ran into 2 somewhat big issues.
    1. My male sim can't go to his job. I have given him 3 different jobs (military recruiter, Athletic waterperson, and Social Media intern. Each day it comes time for him to go to work, there is no option to 'go to work'. My female sim has no issue, but I'm very frustrated that he can't work, too.
    2. Dialogue boxes that come up for gameplay show no text. Like the ones when you click on a pet and ask 'what's wrong?' or when my sim goes to quit his job, the box that comes up that prompts you to click 'ok' or 'cancel' has no text whatsoever. It is completely blank, with the 'ok' and 'cancel' buttons. Idk if I'm describing it that well since I can't attach pictures. But does anyone know how to fix it/who knows how to fix it? It would be very much appreciated!!

Hello @jchunat44
    Try doing the solution in this link article and see if that helps with the second issue
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/11/codes-instead-of-text/

With the first issue, try testing after you have done the solution for the second issue and see if the issue remain.
    If you still have issues, and if you have cc/mods in your game, move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.
    If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.
    Try removing the localthumbcache.package file from the Sims 4 folder and see if that helps.

• Options
    jchunat44jchunat44 Posts: 13 New Member
    Thank you so much @rosemow! It turns out that the military and education careers were apparently just mods, so they were causing none of the other careers to work. That seemed to fix both of my issues!
  • Options
    jchunat44 wrote: »
    Thank you so much @rosemow! It turns out that the military and education careers were apparently just mods, so they were causing none of the other careers to work. That seemed to fix both of my issues!

It is good that the issues have been fixed :)
  • Options
    KatiepitatyKatiepitaty Posts: 2 New Member
    Thank you, I didn't see this post till today but I fixed it myself. It was one of my mods it was broken. :smile: