Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gardening Information

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    @tittymcswag I haven't spliced anything since the update so I don't know if there's any known bugs or like a chance reduction to get what you want or something. If your new plant is called "Spliced Plant" it should be producing three things: the two plants it was created with and one extra fruit of the thing it can make (in your case and orchid). You can this plant this extra fruit to grow a solid only-orchid bearing plant.

If that extra fruit isn't lost somewhere in your sims' inventory. I'd wait a bit longer for it to bear more fruit before harvesting to see if you can get it to grow what you need.
  • Options
    tittymcswagtittymcswag Posts: 4 New Member
    @keenow well then I guess there might be a new bug because I took your advice waited for it to grow some and it just gives different variations of numbers of those two like 5 lilies and 5 snapdragons , 2 snapdragons 8 lilies and the max flowers on a plant is 10 so ig guess ill wait for a patch
  • Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,265 Member
    You might need to be patient. I have a spliced plant that includes the cowberry, and had to harvest a couple of times to get a cowberry. Of course this was from before seasons.
    image.png
  • Options
    peoineepeoinee Posts: 2,183 Member
    keenow wrote: »
    Thanks for compiling this list @peoinee! Really appreciate it. I don't suppose you'd happen to know if you can get a cowplant seed out of the rare packet you can buy?

yes actually you can i opened 100 of each seed back and averaged what i got out of them and did a percentage cowplant comes from the rare seed pack and is about a 4% chance of dropping obviously you will get more if you open more packs you also get the full set of magic beans out of that pack to
  • Options
    Hey I don't know if im doing something wrong but my grafting wont work I try making orchids or bird of paradise and only the two other plants that I spliced on show up not the flower or fruit I want

I havent looked at grafting but i will in a bit, ill tell ya what its sure taking longer to get evolves to happen ill try to get the grafting done but it might not happen till after seasons is out. I'll add a grafting section to my write up to. also not sure but its possible quality of the plant being cut and the one being grafted might have something to do with it.
  • Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 739 Member
    @peoinee wrote: »
    Hey I don't know if im doing something wrong but my grafting wont work I try making orchids or bird of paradise and only the two other plants that I spliced on show up not the flower or fruit I want

I havent looked at grafting but i will in a bit, ill tell ya what its sure taking longer to get evolves to happen ill try to get the grafting done but it might not happen till after seasons is out. I'll add a grafting section to my write up to. also not sure but its possible quality of the plant being cut and the one being grafted might have something to do with it.

Hello peoinee,
    May I ask, after update, how long the time would take for plant to evolve? My plants have been harvested three times but my quality bar doesn't change any thing at ALL, even my plants are already taken care of.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    What’s the difference between the turn off option on the sprinklers and the disable option?

I just want the sprinklers to work automatically.
  • Options
    Ancaryvan wrote: »
    @peoinee wrote: »

Hello peoinee,
    May I ask, after update, how long the time would take for plant to evolve? My plants have been harvested three times but my quality bar doesn't change any thing at ALL, even my plants are already taken care of.

it takes longer and longer as they get evolved it was almost a week just to get from Excellent to Magnificent you do need to fertilize them im not sure they will make it to the next point without fertilizer.
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    What’s the difference between the turn off option on the sprinklers and the disable option?

I just want the sprinklers to work automatically.

Not entirely sure yet probly would turn them off and not do the watering. now i do know they turn on on their own about 6 or 7 am and didnt turn off until i told them to but that could be cause i had plants not in their range and those weren't getting watered at all by any means. i still have to play with them ive been setting up my test area to see their range (see next post)
  • Options
    After playing with the sprinklers a bit this looks like the optimal spacing for the sprinklers maybe half a tile closer.

35833490_10204999835993339_1689062469735022592_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=5a9e5fbfe6e15b8e177bbec87eeae4a9&oe=5BA23740

This is the test i did with just 2 sprinklers i did not use MOO i had already planted these mushrooms then crammed them in to see exactly where it would water

35943645_10204999820832960_8351267597278248960_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=d53020addd84a1cd2c9fecf63e5d5f82&oe=5BB75150

• Options
    I just happen to notice i had a dj booth outside and wondered if i could play in the rain i guess not
    35970554_10204999920875461_5107979032897519616_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=548131eec8aaa374ecaf7e94f5f36a84&oe=5B9E3EE7

• Options
    OK now that I have seen all the Seed Packs here is the break down of seeds packs. I did add the money tree in the rewards store cause I had to look for it not knowing where it would be.
    1. Starter Flower
      1. Price - 35
      2. Plants found in the pack
        • Chrysanthemum
        • Bluebell
        • Daisy
        • Holly
    2. Starter Fruit
      1. Price - 35
        • Grapes
        • Plantains
        • Apple
    3. • Starter Herb
      1. Price - 35
        • Sage
        • Parsley
        • Basil
    4. • Starter Vegetable
      1. Price - 35
        • Carrot
        • Mushroom
        • Spinach
        • Green Pea
        • Bell Pepper
    5. • Farmer Flowers and Fruit
      1. Price - 100
        • Chrysanthemum
        • Bluebell
        • Daisy
        • Grapes
        • Plantains
        • Apple
        • Holly
    6. • Farmer Veggies and Herbs
      1. Price - 100
        • Basil
        • Parsley
        • Sage
        • Carrot
        • Mushroom
        • Spinach
        • Green Pea
        • Bell Pepper
    7. • Uncommon Seed Pack
      1. Price - 250
        • Trash Plant
        • Lily
        • Bonsai Bud
        • Blackberry
        • Rose
        • Cherry
        • Black bean
        • Tomato
        • Avocado
        • Snow Drop
        • Christmas Rose
    8. • Rare Seed Pack
      1. Price - 1000
        • Confident Magic Bean
        • Flirty Magic Bean
        • Uncomfortable Magic Bean
        • Sad Magic Bean
        • Angry Magic Bean
        • Playful Magic Bean
        • Orchid
        • Dragon Fruit
        • Growfruit
        • Cowplant Berry
        • Pomegranate
        • Deathflower
    9. • Catnip Seed Pack
      1. Price - 25
        • Nuzzelnip
        • Catnip
        • Napnip
        • Madnip
    10. • Garlic Seed Pack
      1. Price - 100
        • Garlic
    11. • Sixam Mosquito Trap Seed Pack
      1. Price - 350
        • Sixam Mosquito Trap
    12. • Wolfsbane Seed Pack
      1. Price - 250
        • Wolfsbane
    13. • Plasma fruit Seed Pack
      1. Price - 300
        • Plasma Fruit
    14. • Seasonal Fall Plants Pack
      1. Price - 100
        • Grape
        • Carrot
        • Green Bean
        • Snapdragon
        • Lemon
        • Begonia
        • Onion
        • Apple
        • Rose
        • Pear
        • Dahlia
    15. • Seasonal Spring Plants Pack
      1. Price - 100
        • Crocus
        • Rose
        • Lemon
        • Strawberry
        • Tulip
        • Green Pea
        • Carrot
        • Snapdragon
        • Bluebell
    16. • Seasonal Summer Plants Pack
      1. Price - 100
        • Lily
        • Lemon
        • Cherry
        • Bell Pepper
        • Basil
        • Plantain
        • Blackberry
        • Tomato
        • Green Bean
        • Begonia
    17. • Seasonal Winter Plants Pack
      1. Price - 100
        • Pear
        • Lemon
        • Holly
        • Christmas Rose
        • Potato
        • Onion
        • Spinach
        • Crocus
        • Snow Drop
    18. • Reward Store
      • Money Tree 5,000 points
  • Options
    I have such a dumb question but maybe someone who sees this can tell me, how do i link to specific posts. i would like to link the relevant posts in the OP so someone coming in can find them easier.