The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show off your glass roofs!

Comments

• Options
    HeyHeyyHeyHeyy Posts: 465 Member
    edited June 2018
    chealsycat wrote: »
    Love,love love the glass roofs! :love::love::love:
    My Ded Moroz's Terem aka Father Winter's Palace looks fabulous with the new glass roof:
    dah4rewqumhe.png

Amazing!!
    chealsycat wrote: »
    A bit more:
    09v2q988a7p8.png
    ccrvqmaxdj9u.png

Beautiful!! & love your avatar too ! Cats are the best =)
    GALLERY: jdm14_xx
    LIKE my page on FACEBOOK. @jm.violetsims14

<3
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,341 Member
    haydub07 wrote: »
    Wow, these are so beautiful! I love how the sun shines though!

So do I! I just added a glass roof to my sims' home and everything is so bright. No need for lighting during the day. Can't wait to see the effect with weather.
  • Options
    TWSimGamer82TWSimGamer82 Posts: 456 Member
    Seeing these is like seeing the Ark of the Covenant. My face is melting! But in a good way.
    Sim: "I'm starving!"
    Player: *instructs sim to prepare meal* "Then eat something, you little goofball!"
    Sim: *starts cooking meal*
    -5 seconds later-
    Sim: *Stops cooking meal* "I'm so hungry!"
    Player: *head hits desk*
  • Options
    jaymancrazjaymancraz Posts: 92 Member
    Decided to add a gazebo to my sims house :) I havent furnished it yet as Im waiting for Seasons to be released. Cant wait to see what this baby looks like in snow!

3353ygx.png
  • Options
    vivica86vivica86 Posts: 231 Member
    Loving everyone's builds! Who knew a new roof could be so exciting!! :):)
    Let me take you down, cos I'm going to Strawberry Fields... <3
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,968 Member
    Wow! This is so incredibly beautiful. Loving everyone's pics! Too bad that I can't build :D.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2018
    I'm in the process of Building a Castle and well...

screen_shot_2018_06_20_at_7_30_04_am_by_mphattyboi-dcewsv7.png

At least the princess loves the view of the night sky.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    42917914691_b347d5beec_o.jpg

Here's the link to download it. :) I actually almost made a simmer cry when she saw it. LOL!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    So many pretty builds had to go out with awesomes, I still didn't really do anything special just used the roof for a little coffee shop.
    42200799294_c950082a8b_b.jpg
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,617 Member
    OMG and WOW! Everyone has made such beautiful constructions <3

I can't wait to go and have a mooch around the gallery. I might even have a go at building something myself :D
  • Options
    UsaOfTheChanUsaOfTheChan Posts: 9 New Member
    So happy and exited about this update
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,179 Member
    Once again, thanks everyone for sharing your beautiful creations :heart:

@Angela_4588 No I haven't shared it to the Gallery. I would, but I can't share it as a room since it would just be the art studio without the roof and the surrounding structure. I suppose I could share the entire lot, but it's not finished and part of the garden is bugged in that I can't place objects there. I have managed to fix it in the past, so maybe if I try a few things I can share the entire lot. Or I'll crop the lot to be just the gazebo.

@simgirl1010 Thanks for sharing Graham's tweet, it really made my day :)

@catmando830 I literally only changed the existing roof to a glass roof. I've had this gazebo in my game since early 2016. I recently gave it an honest octagonal roof, and now turned it into a glass roof. As for the rest of the build, that takes a lot of explaining. I do have a tutorial that features similar structures: https://mdianasanders.tumblr.com/post/145651428350/ts4-building-guide-english-estate-park

@CrystalAbyss1 You need a separate roof part for it, and trim the eaves to a minimum (at least that's what I did). I suppose I could put together a mini tutorial with a few pictures.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Well, I made a tutorial on how to make skylights (small ones, though large ones are easier, the require less roof parts @CrystalAbyss1 ).
    You can find it on my Simblr: https://mdianasanders.tumblr.com/post/175084480135/skylights-a-mini-tutorial-since-we-now-have
    I'd actually copy it to here, but I have to work tomorrow and it's already kind of past bedtime.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,574 Member
    Well, I made a tutorial on how to make skylights (small ones, though large ones are easier, the require less roof parts @CrystalAbyss1 ).
    You can find it on my Simblr: https://mdianasanders.tumblr.com/post/175084480135/skylights-a-mini-tutorial-since-we-now-have
    I'd actually copy it to here, but I have to work tomorrow and it's already kind of past bedtime.
    Thank you! I tried to figure it out in game earlier today but I just couldn’t! Will try again later on, thanks again! :)
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited June 2018
    I am currently playing a household who is living in one of the starter homes in Windenburg, since the space in the house was very tight so I added an extension of a brand new dining room - this costed around $4000 which wasn't so bad! And I am honestly proud of it! I love adding a modern look of the extension from the old cottage house!

289bdwz.png

ibyiia.png

vz7nrt.png

ta1pap.png

• Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited June 2018
    I plan on making a much better house for my poor overworked Sim, once I have enough money. o:)
    (Not using money cheats, and had to start over a couple days ago - I accidentally deleted one save too many)
    In the meantime, I was trying out the glass roof, trying to make a skylight for the tiny house, and it seems really off, or something.
    I can not see the ceiling/glass roof, (when using Tab ). I can't figure out why it looks like a cutout. :(
    What am I doing wrong? :s
    (this is what I mean)
    0SIyqWQ.png
    6QDOiM0.png
    I want to sort this out before i make the indoor pools, skylight kitchen, etc...
    Any help/input is appreciated! :)

I really <3 the lighting!
    gP9zLde.png
  • Options
    @SimplySimazing When in tab mode, try pressing the PgUp key. It'll get you up one floor, but because your in tab mode it won't move the camera. It should display the skylight.
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    @SimplySimazing When in tab mode, try pressing the PgUp key. It'll get you up one floor, but because your in tab mode it won't move the camera. It should display the skylight.

Thanks! I'm going to try that. I never used those keys for Sims. :o
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,185 Member
    Wow this is gorgeous! Can't wait to find houses like these on the gallery :grin: And definatly going to do some serious changes to my painter Sim's artist studio.
  • Options
    For those who asked for it - I've uploaded the art gazebo to the Gallery.
    tumblr_paoty0sKAK1v8k7elo10_1280.jpg
    You can download it here :)
  • Options
    keenowkeenow Posts: 549 Member
    Working on this modern house for seasons <3
    lN8a66n.jpg
    EOXFf1G.jpg
    D2bLfgW.jpg
    2mQMnqD.jpg
    xdQO4ej.jpg
    e8hIXmw.jpg
  • Options
    ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    @teajaylove Your whole lot is stunning! :love: do you have it on the gallery?
  • Options
    CreoleSimCreoleSim Posts: 334 Member
    I'm late, but I love this New Feature! I made a glass roof above my second "garconniere" Tower, turning it into a garden workshop, to keep the yard clear.

2mm5x1s.jpg

x1lnqr.png

8zjsc9.png
    Origin@ Simday1
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    @MDianaSanders Wonderful creations, thanks so much for that
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    I built a little cottage for my writer sim and artist sim couple. The artist is a gardener as well,

4zCIk7D.jpg
    38Aj2vo.jpg
    HOKoJTp.jpg
    kKmftpl.jpg