Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

46 Holiday Traditions

Comments

• Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    Thank you for this. It helps a lot for planning.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    This is quite the list of traditions, I really am curious to see if other packs contribute to the list. I already know setting off fireworks will be one, hopefully there will be more. Still I'm rather impressed. The amount of sheer chaos that this new holiday system can create... >:)
  • Options
    PinkPaws66PinkPaws66 Posts: 755 Member
    What is Attend holiday ceremony? Interesting.
  • Options
    Funpuppy_sims345Funpuppy_sims345 Posts: 139 Member
    edited June 2018
    Oh i like the coutdown to midnight this will be the only time my teens, children and toddlers will stay up past their bedtimes, it's to bad giving cards isn't on their i wanted to make a mother's father's grandparent's day
    Corgis4life
  • Options
    Funpuppy_sims345Funpuppy_sims345 Posts: 139 Member
    Also so i guess new years would be count down to midnight drinking and streaking? Sounds good to me
    Corgis4life
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Could there be a 'Do Laundry' tradition? Lol
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    edited June 2018
    Someone on the Sims team should really fix the menorah thing.
    we don't light Menorah, menorah is just a symbol. we DO light a thing called Hannukia, for Hannuka.
    hannukia has 9 candles, the menora has 7, and we never actully light the menorah. ever.
    can someone here tell me which simguru to tag? thank you:)

-Yarden.
  • Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    edited June 2018
    Anyone knows how will "Appreciate an Object" and "Attend Holiday Ceremony" work? Do you pick the specific object sims will appreciate or will they just appreciate any object at all? And how to you attend a holiday ceremony? Any thoughts? :)
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Fasting is a tradition for some holidays. It's pretty cool that the Devs remembered the ability to make non-western holidays.

I hated believing in the passing of time before, because of the eternal summer. Now though, I will like it much better.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Could there be a 'Do Laundry' tradition? Lol

Yes, it's the cleaning tradition. :p
  • Options
    IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Koteyka wrote: »
    Anyone knows how will "Appreciate an Object" and "Attend Holiday Ceremony" work? Do you pick the specific object sims will appreciate or will they just appreciate any object at all? And how to you attend a holiday ceremony? Any thoughts? :)

No idea, but I'm hoping that the ceremony includes sitting and listening to someone speaking at the podium. Would be a decent way to simulate a church.
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    Yardenro wrote: »
    we don't light Menorah, menorah is just a symbol. we DO light a thing called Hannukia, for Hannuka.
    hannukia has 9 candles, the menora has 7, and we never actully light the menorah. ever.

@Yardenro The one in the game looks like it has 9. They might just be calling it a menorah as some sites seem to use the names interchangeably.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    So each pack adds npew traditions? If City Living adds fireworks what would the other packs add?
  • Options
    kirumagukirumagu Posts: 49 Member
    Im sooo surprised when I saw fasting as one of tradition. Really, im so glad.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    mika wrote: »
    So each pack adds npew traditions? If City Living adds fireworks what would the other packs add?

Get Together: Have a club gathering, City Living:Protest-Labor Day? Vampires-Compel for a deep drink, OR-Camp in a tent?
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Fasting is a tradition for some holidays. It's pretty cool that the Devs remembered the ability to make non-western holidays.

I hated believing in the passing of time before, because of the eternal summer. Now though, I will like it much better.

Agreed. I was looking toward fasting as well. One of my Sims is half Indian, half Latina. I imagine that there would be times that she would want to participate in the fasting tradition.

Also, I was very much looking forward to a change of scenery in my story. It's been summer for the longest. It's a pity, though, that winter isn't all that I had hoped it would be.

The matriarch in my story is a gardener and a big time family Sim. She'll have a lot of things to do with seasonal plantings and planning holidays. Even before Seasons, she always tried to keep the family together with mandatory Sunday dinners and whatnot. However, the rest of the Sims...I guess I'll have to see for myself. Eventually.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    KlthfKlthf Posts: 230 Member

I was wondering about these too. I really hope they will show us soon. Makes me wonder if our Sims will be able to celebrate something silly like Toilet Day and appreciate the toilet... I would so make them do that!
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    I can imagine designating a statue or a painting as an object to be appreciated. It would be nice if part of the holiday celebration is to bring bouquets, flowers, and candles to lay in front of the statue or painting.

It would be a way to simulate a celebration at a church or a temple.

The system is incredibly flexible.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    danishmuffindanishmuffin Posts: 82 Member
    I'm Catholic and some of our traditions involve fasting. I already have a chapel built in Windenburg so I'm super excited about being able to recreate religious traditions that haven't been in the sims before
  • Options
    mariah6194mariah6194 Posts: 1,002 Member
    Wow, I didn't even know about all of these! I missed a chunk of the stream yesterday so I'll have to re-watch. This makes me very happy though :smile: can't wait to play!
    tumblr_olomnw8E5c1ug9tk9o2_500.gif
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Loanet wrote: »

Yes! I have an Arabic Muslim family in my game and I am so happy I can now create Ramadan! :smiley:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Klthf wrote: »

I was wondering about these too. I really hope they will show us soon. Makes me wonder if our Sims will be able to celebrate something silly like Toilet Day and appreciate the toilet... I would so make them do that!

Maybe they celebrate the talking toilet on special days. :D
  • Options
    BaltiBalti Posts: 34 Member
    edited June 2018
    Cynna wrote: »
    I can imagine designating a statue or a painting as an object to be appreciated. It would be nice if part of the holiday celebration is to bring bouquets, flowers, and candles to lay in front of the statue or painting.

It would be a way to simulate a celebration at a church or a temple.

The system is incredibly flexible.

Oooh I really hope this is exactly what appreciate object means :smiley: I really really really want to simulate church and temple celebrations and also it would be cool for like a cult holiday where they worship some weird statue of the cult founder or something :smile:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Rae357 wrote: »
    46 Traditions

Air Grievances
    Appreciate an Object
    Art & Music Spirit
    Attend Holiday Ceremony
    Baking
    BBQ
    Cleaning
    Countdown to Midnight
    Decorate
    Drinking
    Egg Hunt
    Exercise
    Fasting
    Father Winter
    Festive Lighting
    Festive Spirit
    Fighting
    Fire
    Flower Bunny
    Games
    Gardening
    Give Flowers
    Give Gifts
    Go on a Date
    Go on a Vacation or Travel
    Grand Meal
    Holiday Gnomes
    Invite Guests
    Light Kinara
    Light Menorah
    Make Resolutions
    Mischief Spirit
    Open Presents
    Party Spirit
    Polar Bear Plunge
    Remerberance
    Romantic Spirit
    Spooky Spirit
    -Interact with ghosts, vampires, or aliens, carve pumpkins, play spooky music on the Pipe Organ
    Sports TV
    Streaking
    Tell Stories
    Thankful Spirit
    Trick or Treat
    Watch Romantic TV
    Water Fun
    Wear Costumes

You missed mistletoe kiss which by the way is an interaction under romantic in Seasons.
  • Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    edited June 2018
    Yardenro wrote: »

Do you have Twitter? I would recommend letting SimGuruGrant know. Or George/Emory. Those three seem to be the main EP gurus who have been pretty responsive. You could also try Kate. :)

EDIT: I wouldn’t blow up all their feeds, though! Just ask one and if they need to direct you to someone else, they usually will let you know. :D