Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your ideal season length?

Comments

• Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    edited June 2018
    I can't decide between 14 and 21 maybe even 28.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    This thread is stressing me out now lol. I'm gonna stick with 7 until I decide if they need to be longer
  • Options
    garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    4 days
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    edited June 2018
    I play with aging off, my sims age up when I decide it is time.
    14 days per seasons sound good to me. But I am not sure maybe a bit longer would be good too.
    Post edited by Keks_Milch on
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    28 days.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    In Sims 2 I usually go four weeks for each season since one week is too short. In Sims three I did a full month for Summer, Spring, Fall and two Weeks for Winter because my computer couldn't handle too much winter in that game on top of the rest of the struggling it did to do run it at all.

For Sims 4 it'll depend on how long we can actually stretch them but I'll probably do two weeks per season to start with and then adjust accordingly after that depending on what age length I'm playing.
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    I've been playing with aging off recently and age my sims up when I feel like it, but now with seasons, I want them to celebrate their birthday. I was thinking of each season lasting 10 to 14 days but that would mean that my babies would stay babies for 40 to 56 days (staying a baby for a year) ...

Do we really need babies for a year though? :p

I’m just kidding, I understand for realism. But playing the baby stage for 40-56 days seems like literal torture to me! :s

• Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,436 Member
    I've been playing with aging off recently and age my sims up when I feel like it, but now with seasons, I want them to celebrate their birthday. I was thinking of each season lasting 10 to 14 days but that would mean that my babies would stay babies for 40 to 56 days (staying a baby for a year) ...

I’m just kidding, I understand for realism. But playing the baby stage for 40-56 days seems like literal torture to me! :s
    Lol I only have them a baby for a couple of hours, just to get that screenshot of my sim cuddling her baby but even then it’s rare it comes out cute for me
  • Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    For everyone who plays with aging off, how do you manage the “story progression” for the rest of the world? I’m not a rotational player, and I really can’t think of a way to make seasons work the way I want them to using any default age setting. I wouldn’t mind playing with aging off, and just choosing my sims’ birthdays, but I can’t be bothered to run around the world making sure their friends and family age up too! Can MCC help with this? I tried using it once, but got constant last exception errors even though it was the only mod/cc installed. :(
  • Options
    tinahjalmartinahjalmar Posts: 1,595 Member
    20 days
  • Options
    micheleimichelei Posts: 422 Member
    I think I am going to start with 14 days. I want my sims to experience favorite holidays but I also want my sims to experience season activities during their everyday. I can not believe how excited I am about this EP.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    For everyone who plays with aging off, how do you manage the “story progression” for the rest of the world? I’m not a rotational player, and I really can’t think of a way to make seasons work the way I want them to using any default age setting. I wouldn’t mind playing with aging off, and just choosing my sims’ birthdays, but I can’t be bothered to run around the world making sure their friends and family age up too! Can MCC help with this? I tried using it once, but got constant last exception errors even though it was the only mod/cc installed. :(

You could set ageing off for played sims and on for unplayed sims. Or, what I do at the moment, temporarily play with ageing off for everyone - for example, I play 1 sim week per household and then when I get to the last house of my rotation I turn ageing on for everyone. That way, all sims age one week per rotation, including unplayed sims.
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I saw the calendar was 4 weeks long. So if I keep that, will the month repeat itself? I can't plan too many holidays, because they include 4 (one a week) and I add 4, that will be two holidays a week. Is that correct?
  • Options
    Henrique270Henrique270 Posts: 12 New Member
    I play in the Long Life, so I see and number of days that an adult yes has and divide by 4.

At the moment I do not remember how many days it takes for an adult to grow old in long mode
  • Options
    auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member

I usually only play them for three sim days but with seasons it would feel weird to age them up in the same season as they were born. lol, I don't think I would make it 40 sim days. I'll just probably age them up after two seasons.
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • Options
    peragogoperagogo Posts: 223 Member
    I’ve been playing with the Epic lifespan from Sims 3 using MCCC. Had it so there were 6 days per “season” and a 40 Sim year lifespan (equivalent of 80 years). My reasoning was that birthdays shouldn’t always fall on the same weekday and playing a pretty big rotation.

... and now with the holidays and all, I kinda wanna toss that out the window for like month long seasons.

I’m glad I’m not the only one who is massively conflicted about this!
  • Options
    sekojranasekojrana Posts: 107 Member
    My favourite lady sim just entered into the second trimester of a 120 day pregnancy, and I doubt she'll have the baby before seasons releases, so I'm hoping I'm able to set the season lengths to 6 weeks or so. I guess if it's not possible someone will mod longer season lengths soon enough anyway, and I'll probably have to hold off on getting it until there are updates to some crucial mods so she doesn't go into labour early.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    28 days.

Yay I can!
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'll be playing the longest setting. It does mean that I'll be playing the same households during the same season but I've an idea to work around that. Once I've rotated through the entire list of households, randomise the list for the next rotation.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    I've typically played seasons for their maximum length. So I'll probably start with each season as 4 weeks and adjust from there.
  • Options
    caramelcoppcaramelcopp Posts: 118 Member
    My ideal seasons day length is somewhere between 14 and 21 days since one is too little and one is too large
  • Options
    a_niles06a_niles06 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Initially I planned on just keeping them the standard 1 sim week but now that I’m watching the live stream I feel like I’ll need to make them longer to be able to really enjoy it.

I plan on creating sim versions of the same holidays that I celebrate in America which means there is at least one major stand out holiday per season that I celebrate. I feel like having a holiday per week would be a little much and a little exhausting. That’s how it’s currently set up in TS3 but I feel like it works better because the holidays are a little more basic. They’re not customizable like these are. These feel so much more hands on which I love but I feel like having to do that every week would just be too much and really cut out work and school and skill/aspiration time.

Plus, the longer the seasons are the more time I have to explore/use the objects and decorations. Since there’s so much more to offer with decorations as well it almost seems a waste to go through the effort of putting them up for just a few days. It also gives me more time to really see the transition between seasons and I feel like it allows me to really get into the spirit of it rather than have it fly by.

I’m gonna start with the seasons on a 4 week rotation and see how I like it. Part of me feels like that might be a little too long but we’ll see. I may end up settling for the 2 week rotation. I find it odd that they set it for 1, 2 and 4 weeks? Why not 1, 2, 3 & 4? I think 4 is a good place to stop but I don’t understand the point in skipping 3. Idk. It’s weird. Lol.
    ezgif_com_resize.gif

• Options
    KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    Im incredibly conflicted. The ideal would be 3 weeks, but thats not an option. My perfectionist mind just can't cope with the fact that i'll have either 8 months (sim weeks) a year or 16 months a year! Im all about realism, my sims don't even travel to another town without paying for a plane ticket or taking the train which goes from 3 to 25 hours... I think i'll have to deal with 2 weeks but thats such a bummer. :(
    I really hope some modders will be able to make 3 weeks an option!