Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    Tixyen wrote: »
    Hello!
    I know this is possible but I am having trouble finding it in game.
    I want my same sex couple (females) to try for a baby. This is possible yes?
    To help: I have in the MC pregnancy options that: opposite and same sex only on the <none> option. I think that means it chooses both?

And one more question. I have for pregnancy and marriages set on bypass active romances enabled. But I have it disabled on played households. Does this mean if my played household is in an active romantic realsionship they will or will not be bypassed as candidates to have kids or get married?

Thanks for the help, if anything is unclear let me know!~

Due to the 'Teen' rating of this forum I suggest to discuss this topic elsewhere.

Join our MCCC community on Discord where you will find for sure the answers to your questions.

Join our Discord MCCC community for
    • live chat with hundreds of fellow MCCC users
    • live chat with some well-known Mod creators
    • live support from the legendary MCCC support team
    • live support even from MCCC creator Deaderpool
    https://discord.gg/s8fqjQy (Discord App use optional, but not required!)
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    FizzleFoozleFizzleFoozle Posts: 56 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    Do you have a lastException.txt file in your Sims 4 folder?
    Which other mods do you use except of MCCC?

I do have the lastException.text file and the only other mods I'm using are Personality Please by PolarBearSims and Graycurse's Random Traits and Aspirations. I took these mods out and the problem was still happening so I don't think it's them.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I do have the lastException.text file and the only other mods I'm using are Personality Please by PolarBearSims and Graycurse's Random Traits and Aspirations. I took these mods out and the problem was still happening so I don't think it's them.

You might come over to our MCCC community on Discord to analyse your LE. It's difficult here in the forum because there is no possibility to upload a file into a post.

https://discord.gg/s8fqjQy
  • Options
    UzumakiBrandonUzumakiBrandon Posts: 20 Member
    Thanks a ton.This mod is surely useful
  • Options
    Thanks a ton.This mod is surely useful

Thanks!

And congrats for becoming a full member. ;)

Welcome to the club.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Please forgive me if this question has already been asked. I just installed Master Command and plan on reading though this most helpful thread but for now I just want to know if there is a setting to stop townies generating. I've downloaded and installed two households of 8 sims that are totally maxed in skills and want the game to choose them for NPC roles. Gardeners, chefs, spa employees, etc. They are currently not in world. Thanks for any help. :)
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Please forgive me if this question has already been asked. I just installed Master Command and plan on reading though this most helpful thread but for now I just want to know if there is a setting to stop townies generating. I've downloaded and installed two households of 8 sims that are totally maxed in skills and want the game to choose them for NPC roles. Gardeners, chefs, spa employees, etc. They are currently not in world. Thanks for any help. :)

Don't worry, we're happy to answer every question.

If you're looking for MCCC documentatoin, you might have a look at these links:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/?overview#Top
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/?faq#Top

There is no option in MCCC to control the game code's choice for a certain role filled with a certain NPC. I don't know whether there is a mod being able to provide this function. What I've seen so far, I guess there is no possibility at all to influence this choice.

But there is the 'NPC Control' mod which tries to reroute a ingame request for filling a role to already exsiting sims instead of creating a new one.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=604590

As far as I've seen it works pretty good. I have it in my game now since since some months and it really seems to work. Unfortunately there is no way to control which particular sim gets a vacant role. For example you can't say "I want Lisa Landgraab working as a mixologist in the Blue Velvet lounge". The NPC Control mod will choose with high probability one of the already existing sims, but which one can't be controlled by the player. Maybe you can influence the mod with sims, who fits perfectly into the requirements due to debug control settings, but I didn't test this so far.

Regarding your questions about completly stop the townie generation there is also no option with in MCCC. You can influence it, but there is no way to switch it off.

This is a quote from the MCCC FAQ explaining the matter (https://deaderpool-mccc.com/?faq#Top):
    Is there a way to generate less homeless? I have “Maximum Homeless Sims” set to zero but I keep getting homeless generated.

The short answer is no. The Sims 4 generates homeless Sims when it needs them to fill a role in the particular zone. If there is no Sim already that matches the filter the game uses for that role, then a new Sim is generated. If the Sim that matches the role is already in the zone and the role comes-up as being needed again, it will generate another Sim to fill the role, even though there is a Sim in the zone that matches it. Just the way the base game works.

“Maximum Homeless Sims” has nothing to do with Sims needed to fill a role. This setting is used for two things:
    • Limiting the homeless family households that EA will generate. By default, EA will ensure that if there are not already this number of homeless households when you first load-up the game, it will generate some family households usually with one or two parents and one or two children. The default that EA uses for this is 5. If there are already this number of homeless Sims in the world, then the families will not be generated. So setting the value to zero in settings will just ensure that no homeless FAMILY Sims are ever generated.
    • Limiting how many homeless Sims are left after the weekly move-in of MC Population occurs. If the setting is set to zero, all of the homeless households currently available will attempt to move into homes if they are available. If the number is set to the default of “5”, then 5 homeless households will remain in the world, even if there are houses for them to move into.

If you have any further questions, please ask.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    @Bonxie, thanks so much for that explanation. I'm definitely going to try out the NPC control mod. :)
  • Options
    RufaceRuface Posts: 78 Member
    Hi folks, sorry if this has been asked before but this thread is too huge to comb through lol.

I have a small problem with mccc dresser? I really want to blacklist the hideous Caleb Vatore emo hair, because it is hideous and I hate it. I tried blacklisting the hair, and cleaning outfits but it still pops up in my game. I'm obviously doing something wrong, but I don't know what. Can someone give me a little help?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Ruface wrote: »
    Hi folks, sorry if this has been asked before but this thread is too huge to comb through lol.

I have a small problem with mccc dresser? I really want to blacklist the hideous Caleb Vatore emo hair, because it is hideous and I hate it. I tried blacklisting the hair, and cleaning outfits but it still pops up in my game. I'm obviously doing something wrong, but I don't know what. Can someone give me a little help?
    I tried to reproduce this in my game and - yeah - doesn't work either for me. Therefore I asked Deaderpool what's going on. The answer is simple.

There are certain CAS item categories (i. e. hair, eyebrows, tatoos) which are not randomizable. If you want the MC Cleaner work with this categories, you have to whitelist one ore more items from the same category beforehand. Therefore choose some male hairstyles from other sims, which are more to your liking, and whitelist them the same way you blacklist an item, only using the command Sim:MCCC > MC Dresser > Whitelist Items. Afterwards you can run the cleaner from the sim or mailbox MCCC menu and the blacklisted hair will be replaced with one of the whitelisted ones.

That issue is nowhere mentioned in the MCCC documentation, so I suggested to add a passage like "Blacklisting a non randomizable item category like "hair" requires the whitelisting of an alternative item from the same category beforehand."

Thanks for the information.

If you have any questions, please ask.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆
  • Options
    CreampuffcatCreampuffcat Posts: 162 Member
    I was just wondering how you stop everyone getting married and having babies in the game without the player’s control. Candy Behr got married to Dennis Kim. Then a red headed woman named Guadapele just came into the game and married my sim’s potential boyfriend.

Is it possible to stop this on MC Command Center ? Or not exactly stop it because I like the story development but just...preventing people like Gaudapele from ruining our lives?

I like weird just not too much weird. So could I-uh minimise the weird while still using MC Command Center. Like 50% control from the mod and 50% player control?
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    ShySimz wrote: »
    I was just wondering how you stop everyone getting married and having babies in the game without the player’s control. Candy Behr got married to Dennis Kim. Then a red headed woman named Guadapele just came into the game and married my sim’s potential boyfriend.

Is it possible to stop this on MC Command Center ? Or not exactly stop it because I like the story development but just...preventing people like Gaudapele from ruining our lives?

I like weird just not too much weird. So could I-uh minimise the weird while still using MC Command Center. Like 50% control from the mod and 50% player control?

Yeah - it's possible, but not directly in the way you suggested.

There are two settings in MCCC which can influce marriage and pregnancy behaviour.

Got to the MC Pregnancy module and change the following settings:
    Computer:MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Marriage Sim Selection > Marriage Percent Adjustment - Try a value of -50 (minus fifty).
    Computer:MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Pregnant Sim Selection > Pregnancy Percent Adjustment - Try a value of -50 (minus fifty).

This percentage will add or subtract to the random number generated when testing for pregnancies or marriage. If a positive number is specified, it increases the chances, negative numbers decreases it. Both settings have a default value of 0 (zero) which represents the Sims 4 standard. You can go from -100 to +100. You have to check by yourself, which value suits your playstyle best.

• Options
    RufaceRuface Posts: 78 Member
    Ahhhhh! Thank you @Bonxie!
  • Options
    hannnamaehannnamae Posts: 3 New Member
    I was directed to this thread and this is my first time posting anything so if I'm in the wrong spot, sorry in advance, lol. I have MCC Command and every time I start up my game and press play, I get the orange notification for Last Exception Detected. It is bothering the heck out of me. I've done everything I know to figure out what the problem is but I just can't figure it out. I have removed all cc and mods from my mod besides MCC Command, deleted localthumbcache.package, repaired my game, and I still get the notification. Can anyone help me any further? I use MCC Command purely for flagging my Sim for no age and allowing all her pets to age.
  • Options
    CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    hannnamae wrote: »
    I was directed to this thread and this is my first time posting anything so if I'm in the wrong spot, sorry in advance, lol. I have MCC Command and every time I start up my game and press play, I get the orange notification for Last Exception Detected. It is bothering the heck out of me. I've done everything I know to figure out what the problem is but I just can't figure it out. I have removed all cc and mods from my mod besides MCC Command, deleted localthumbcache.package, repaired my game, and I still get the notification. Can anyone help me any further? I use MCC Command purely for flagging my Sim for no age and allowing all her pets to age.

Your best option is to use the MCCC support group on Discord. Link is https://discord.gg/s8fqjQy . They have a lot of experience interpreting LE Errors. You will need to post the LE file to the group. Without looking at the text of the LE Error file it is almost impossible to give you any meaningful guidance.
  • Options
    hannnamae wrote: »

As @Cyclelegs already suggested: Come over to Discord (link in the post above this) and upload your LE there, so that we can have a look at it.
  • Options
    Donut4lifexoxDonut4lifexox Posts: 3 New Member
    So, I don’t see the “kill sim” option on my sim or any random sims? I used the “delete all sims” on the mailbox, but sims still spawn..that’s not so much of a problem, but the problem is, I cannot kill my sims!! I press MC COMMAND CENTER, there’s no kill sim option, only delete sim. I press sim commands, so...? I have the latest update, the option was there last night so...I don’t know what happened, the only cc I have in my game is mc command center so.. :/ Help me please, I need to kill sims!!!
  • Options
    Hoppel785Hoppel785 Posts: 122 Member
    So, I don’t see the “kill sim” option on my sim or any random sims? I used the “delete all sims” on the mailbox, but sims still spawn..that’s not so much of a problem, but the problem is, I cannot kill my sims!! I press MC COMMAND CENTER, there’s no kill sim option, only delete sim. I press sim commands, so...? I have the latest update, the option was there last night so...I don’t know what happened, the only cc I have in my game is mc command center so.. :/ Help me please, I need to kill sims!!!

You can find it under MCCC -> Sim Commando -> Sim Killing
  • Options
    plauplau Posts: 183 Member
    edited April 2018
    Hi! I hope anyone can answer this for me <3
    I just downloaded MC command center, mainly because I was hoping I could 'autonomy scan' the computer to avoid my guest sims to ALWAYS sit down with it when I host a party, or when I invite a sim over. I've been forced to always have the computer in the bedrooms so that I can lock the door, but it annoys me still, I want my sims to have a computer in the living room too :P

But, I can't find that option anywhere, am I missing it? I read somewhere that someone use MCCC for this purpose.
    Help is much appreciated!
    Sorry if this has already been answered, but there are 61 pages to browse from, and I've tried googling with no luck. :(
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello @plau
    If you go to the main MCCC mod site
    http://deaderpool-mccc.com
    Then click on “Documentation” at the top of screen. On the drop down menu, there is a section under MC Tuner called “Automation Scan”. Click on that, and it will explain about autonomation scanning,
  • Options
    plauplau Posts: 183 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @plau
    Then click on “Documentation” at the top of screen. On the drop down menu, there is a section under MC Tuner called “Automation Scan”. Click on that, and it will explain about autonomation scanning,

Thank you, @rosemow you're always so helpful :) I'm still a little lost because this mccc is pretty new to me, so I guess I'll have to read it a couple times before I fully understand what to do :D But it's very helpful. Thanks again!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    plau wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello @plau

Thank you, @rosemow you're always so helpful :) I'm still a little lost because this mccc is pretty new to me, so I guess I'll have to read it a couple times before I fully understand what to do :D But it's very helpful. Thanks again!

You’re welcome :)
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    plau wrote: »
    Hi! I hope anyone can answer this for me <3
    I just downloaded MC command center, mainly because I was hoping I could 'autonomy scan' the computer to avoid my guest sims to ALWAYS sit down with it when I host a party, or when I invite a sim over. I've been forced to always have the computer in the bedrooms so that I can lock the door, but it annoys me still, I want my sims to have a computer in the living room too :P

But, I can't find that option anywhere, am I missing it? I read somewhere that someone use MCCC for this purpose.
    Help is much appreciated!
    Sorry if this has already been answered, but there are 61 pages to browse from, and I've tried googling with no luck. :(

You can find the autonomy scan switch here:
    SIM:MCCC>MC Tuner>Enable Scumbumbo Autonomy Scan
    Once this is enabled, you have on most ingame objects a new menu item, containing a list of interactions which are valid on this particular object. You can now choose, which one you want to disable. Refer to the documentation about the details of this options. Your choice is stored in the mc_tuner.cfg file, so it will be always reloaded during startup.

There is a preset mc_tuner.cfg, which disables a lot of interactions which are reported as annoying.
    You can download it here:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/pages/mc_tuner.zip
    Unzip it and copy it in the folder where the MCCC files are located if you want to block a reasonable choice of annyoing interactions (i. e. situps).

Direct link to autonomy scan documentation (also including a list of mc_tuner.cfg blocked interactions):
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/?automation_scan#Top

@rosemow: Thank you for your assistance <3

If you have any questions, please ask.

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆
  • Options
    CreampuffcatCreampuffcat Posts: 162 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    ShySimz wrote: »

Yeah - it's possible, but not directly in the way you suggested.

There are two settings in MCCC which can influce marriage and pregnancy behaviour.

Got to the MC Pregnancy module and change the following settings:
    Computer:MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Marriage Sim Selection > Marriage Percent Adjustment - Try a value of -50 (minus fifty).
    Computer:MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Pregnant Sim Selection > Pregnancy Percent Adjustment - Try a value of -50 (minus fifty).

This percentage will add or subtract to the random number generated when testing for pregnancies or marriage. If a positive number is specified, it increases the chances, negative numbers decreases it. Both settings have a default value of 0 (zero) which represents the Sims 4 standard. You can go from -100 to +100. You have to check by yourself, which value suits your playstyle best.

Thank you so much!
  • Options
    Chesster_WammyChesster_Wammy Posts: 80 Member
    Anybody knows how to tweak the red texts below the Sims name bubble? I want to mod my sims like: Name Bubble:"Sims name" Red text below:Mayor of Willow Creek. Something like that. Sorry idk where to post bcause it seems that now I cant post a new thread. Your help would be appreciated. Thankyou

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top