Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is it possible the Next Gamepack could still be a Tropical Beach Destination?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    In an Alpine Vacation I feel like it could be in some ways a place to experience the Winter Season at any time (Snowball fights, snowmen, snow angels, igloos, hypothermia etc), but with additional things you can only do on a dedicated world.

Like, on your lot, your pool might freeze over in the winter and allow you to skate, but you'd find yourself somewhat restricted to the month and pool-size you could fit in. Maybe even the temperature. Some people prefer very natrual ponds and pools that don't have much room for skating.

In an Alpine Adventure, you'd find not only large dedicated ice rinks visited by many people at once, but snow-boarding, full-scale sledging, ski-ing, mountain climbing in the freezing snow... Maybe exploring deep caves, rather than Temples.

This is not me saying "Keep stuff out of Seasons". It's me musing on the limits of an EP juggling four seasons during the period of winter versus a world that is basically Aspen in the winter all year round.

When we get an Alpine Winter vacation pack, I want snow shoes as there should be snow everywhere. So, when my sim goes outside and spins into a winter outfit, I'd like a snowshoe option in footwear.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    **In before the Beach GP comes out and people moan 'It should've been in JA!'...** ;)

If you think that would happen you were not really listening to any of the criticism. Your way of discrediting the people that were outraged by the My First Pet release is uncalled for.

I didn't see it as discrediting those people.

My first pet stuff pack was justified.

There were people saying it about Backyard stuff and Perfect Patio despite backyards and patios being two different things. Then they said the same about Romantic garden.

More recently people complained about Vampires should have been in city living, which I agreed with until I saw how well the vampires were done.

People are free to feel however they wish.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    emyprice95emyprice95 Posts: 344 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I hope they come out before too long with swimable beaches too, and make all the sandy beaches we have swimmsble. I miss tropical vacations, cars and witches, I too also want a teaching pack from daycare to university and would love to see a showtime pack return. We need more active careers too. I loved the ones in get to work. I also want to see a farming pack with farm animals and more crops.

I believe a while ago someone asked one of the SimGurus (Simguru Daniel? Houts? Not sure) if the ocean in Windenburg could be altered to allow sims to swim in it. I believe he said that it wasn't possible for the Windenburg ocean (something about the terrain not being deep enough, or it not being routable, or something? I'll link the tweet if I find it), but it would be possible for worlds created going forward as long as they were designed with that in mind (e.g. even though we don't have ocean swimming yet, since at least that question about Windenburg the devs have been aware that ocean swimming is a feature that is wanted, so they could have made sure that they could go back and allow swimming in, for example, Brindleton Bay's ocean once that feature became available).

Point is, I wouldn't expect ocean swimming to be a possibility for Windenburg, unfortunately. :disappointed: possibly for Brindleton Bay, but we don't know for sure either way. But it is a feature they could add in going forward.
    I'm a CC Creator and family player that is super hyped that toddlers are back! :smiley:

My simblr is Emy the Gamer
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited April 2018
    I don't want more vacation packs just yet since we only just got one, i'm hoping for something supernatural since we haven't had anything like that since January of 2017.

We've recently seen Witches and Seasons hinted in the game - i'm excited for both. I wonder if we would get a new world for Witches? Forgotten Hollow is too small to host a wide array of supernaturals in the long term.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I don't think they'd do two destination packs in a row.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    I'd certainly like to have my sims be able to go on a beach getaway! All I have is Granite Falls, and while its nice, Im more of a beach and hotel type of person than being in the woods with tents. Im not going to expect another destination GP so soon though. Its nice to dream though. Maybe something school related? I'd like to follow my child sims to school. I'd also be down with some occult stuff.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Nah, I think it's too soon to have another Game Pack about Vacations.

Also, Tropical Beach is a bit predictable. You sunbathe, you scuba-dive, you swim.

I think Alpine will come out after seasons. It'll be winter all the time and use Seasons Snow functions, but you'll also be able to do things like snow-board and ice skate. You'll go climbing in the mountains. Maybe explore caves instead of temples.

YES!! I would <3 this! An adventure pack just like Jungle Adventures, would buy 3 of this if I could.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,341 Member
    Whatever pack it may be, please just bring back tag from the Sims 3!
  • Options
    BellanotBellaBellanotBella Posts: 14 New Member
    We need swimmable oceans first, I simply can not stand being restrained to the dreaded invisible barriers of the beaches. :s
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    rjssim wrote: »
    Whatever pack it may be, please just bring back tag from the Sims 3!

Maybe a generations pack.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Nah, I think it's too soon to have another Game Pack about Vacations.

Also, Tropical Beach is a bit predictable. You sunbathe, you scuba-dive, you swim.

I think Alpine will come out after seasons. It'll be winter all the time and use Seasons Snow functions, but you'll also be able to do things like snow-board and ice skate. You'll go climbing in the mountains. Maybe explore caves instead of temples.

YES!! I would <3 this! An adventure pack just like Jungle Adventures, would buy 3 of this if I could.

I would of like french/Egypt adventure pack

• Options
    We need swimmable oceans first, I simply can not stand being restrained to the dreaded invisible barriers of the beaches. :s

It seems impossible at this stage. All we have is natural pools :(
    Hopefully we do get them.
    I really want to see a castaway pack again to :)

• Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited April 2018
    I don't think they'd do two destination packs in a row.

When it comes to destinations (as with many features), TS4 is flagging and lagging. Especially since, with the previous games, the destinations were typically delivered all at once. This version is already in its fourth year and if it took this long to release a second destination, I shudder to think how long it will take to release a third. On a whole, it is taking significantly longer to get significantly less content.

At this point, the long wait time to complete any theme -- whether it be city life, vacations, supernaturals, entertainment, or hobbies -- is making zero sense. Everything is being meted out like oatmeal through a pinhole.

Whoever is holding the purse strings and making the decisions really needs to rethink their strategy and finally get the ball rolling. Four years in, "potential" is no longer potential. It's the absence of key features.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    When it comes to destinations (as with many features), TS4 is flagging and lagging. Especially since, with the previous games, the destinations were typically delivered all at once. This version is already in its fourth year and if it took this long to release a second destination, I shudder to think how long it will take to release a third. On a whole, it is taking significantly longer to get significantly less content.

At this point, the long wait time to complete any theme -- whether it be city life, vacations, supernaturals, entertainment, or hobbies -- is making zero sense. Everything is being meted out like oatmeal through a pinhole.

Whoever is holding the purse strings and making the decisions really needs to rethink their strategy and finally get the ball rolling. Four years in, "potential" is no longer potential. It's the absence of key features.

Amen! We'll be waiting for content for years, and by then everyone will be so bored with the series that no one will care. I've said it before, but the slow rate at which they release content for this game will eventually kill their fanbase. Someone needs to give the CEO of EA a good talking to (or maybe a slap lol) and put some sense into him/her.
    Sorry to derail the thread, but I just had to comment on this!