Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Could this be a hint to a farm GP/EP?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I’d love that theme. And who knows, now that they have started to create the game with backdrops that make sense... Maybe we are looking at an upcoming neighborhood there.

How do you mean “make sense”?

We’ve had connecting Neighborhoods and Backdrops since Windenburg?

This.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,612 Member
    I dont think so because in other words we have a golf course in the back ground where the Caliente live and we don't have golf. Another area you can see an airport and a drive in movie theatre that was there when the game started also you see what look like a gas station and a green dino. San Myshuno you can see people walking around in the back so my thinking it may be a hint but since I have yet seen anything towards the other back ground it may just be a back drop.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited February 2018
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    I dont think so because in other words we have a golf course in the back ground where the Caliente live and we don't have golf. Another area you can see an airport and a drive in movie theatre that was there when the game started also you see what look like a gas station and a green dino. San Myshuno you can see people walking around in the back so my thinking it may be a hint but since I have yet seen anything towards the other back ground it may just be a back drop.

There does have been the bowling alley in the background of Oasis Springs and now we got bowling with Bowling Night Stuff. :)
    There also is a sign with alien abductions in Oasis Springs and we got aliens in GTW. (They probably already planned GTW when they build Oasis Springs)
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I have a feeling some people are eager to keep focusing this topic on one lateral remark in my (hopeful - yaaay, farming!) post about fake backdrops (non-existent as I understand it now, backdrops in Sims 4 aren’t fake, we get it), while the OP perhaps rather would like to speculate about a yes or no upcoming farming pack?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    Ideally it would be the GP after the Seasons EP and pretty much how @SimTrippy and @Gelysen described it.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Not sure if this is a hint or not, but I would love a Farming pack! I don't have the C & D EP, so I can't check it out myself, but does that plane actually land there? The 'vapor' trail behind the plane looks more like perhaps a cloud of fertilizer/pesticide like a crop duster would fly low and spread.

Regardless, I'm loving all the ideas and suggestions for a future pack of this type should we get one. :)
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Perhaps it’s a hint, who knows. In one of the houses in Windernburg you can see sheep in the distance.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I've only recently begun exploring BB, so I had no idea! That's awesome. I really hope for a GP too. I really want horses, even if it's only on a "farmer's world" or something. :)
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Gelysen wrote: »
    Ugh this would be amazing. I'd prefer seasons to be this years expansion but I'd love for this to be either another ep OR the next GP.
    I'm really happy JA comes with Avocados, black beans and those weird berries but I'd love more harvestables, green houses and animals like cows,chickens,sheep and pigs (pigs maybe for finding truffles?) and with activities like making your own jellies/jams/wine/knitting etc

I agree. I actually miss the fun quirks of having a cow that could make chocolate milk or a chicken that fights you. :D
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Could we get new dance moves? Like the funky chicken? I had to go there, I'm sorry.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Might be a way of 'completing' Cats and Dogs with the other animals that are missing and maybe throw in a few other features so that you get your monies worth :wink:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited February 2018
    It's possible that a farming/rural world and seasons could be part of the same pack. Farming is deeply rooted in seasonal cycles.

In Sims 2, different gardening plants grew best/easiest in different seasons (outside of greenhouses). Imagine if produce prices varied with the seasons too. Would make sims' diets change throughout the year perhaps?

Maybe there could be extreme weather events like drought or bumper harvests that effect prices the same way. Knock on effects could increase food costs at food stalls and restaurants etc.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I would really love a farming GP. I even think an EP would be awesome (though EPs have been lacking severely)
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited February 2018
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    It's possible that a farming/rural world and seasons could be part of the same pack. Farming is deeply rooted in seasonal cycles.

In Sims 2, different gardening plants grew best/easiest in different seasons (outside of greenhouses). Imagine if produce prices varied with the seasons too. Would make sims' diets change throughout the year perhaps?

Maybe there could be extreme weather events like drought or bumper harvests that effect prices the same way. Knock on effects could increase food costs at food stalls and restaurants etc.

I'd really enjoy more economic aspects in the sims actually, like split household funds. I like your idea of seasons affecting the price of certain types of produce, it's not a must have but it would be a welcome addition that would make it matter a bit more what you consume when and also allows farmers to try and cash in more by perhaps storing certain ingredients to sell them for more money in colder months ^^