Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

failed to load error 3

Not sure how to fix this. Taking CC out hasn't worked. The "repair game" option doesn't work. Please help. Thanks a bunch!!

Comments

• Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    Reset folders... @rosemow will be able to guide u through it
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,602 Member
    edited June 2018
    Hello
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" or “ options “ file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
    Add back the folders one at a time, checking the game after adding back each folder to see if the game is working okay.
    Post edited by rosemow on
  • Options
    MamasBabyDevynMamasBabyDevyn Posts: 236 Member
    Thank you both!! This was for my friend. I ended up fixing it through Team Viewer, and I remotely fixed it for her :) Thing is, she has had 3-4 different men who are supposed computer tech guys. And, they "couldn't" fix it!! Took me about 25 minutes hahaha So, thank you again!!
  • Options
    ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    U should thank rosemow rlly..she explained everythin
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Options
    I am glad that the issue has been fixed in your friends game :) It is very kind and thoughtful of you to help your friend by doing it remotely through team viewer.
  • Options
    MamasBabyDevynMamasBabyDevyn Posts: 236 Member
    Thank you so much :) She has been without her game for about a week. I am the go to gal for fixing the Sims usually. This one, I just couldn't remember :)
  • Options
    lovablesweet35lovablesweet35 Posts: 3 New Member
    I also have A problem with this. I followed the instructions very carefully. After erasing my previous data and backing it up. when I started it, It was working but however whenever I replace it with my previous files the error just keeps coming back. is there a problem with my save data? or do i Have to update it to a new version because I don't use CC nor MODS at all.
  • Options
    I also have A problem with this. I followed the instructions very carefully. After erasing my previous data and backing it up. when I started it, It was working but however whenever I replace it with my previous files the error just keeps coming back. is there a problem with my save data? or do i Have to update it to a new version because I don't use CC nor MODS at all.

Hello @lovablesweet35
    One or more of more save game files may be broken,
    Try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then try loading that save game version, and see if that helps the issue.
  • Options
    MORREYMORREY Posts: 5 New Member
    Is there a video tutorial? im really confused or perhaps some directed pictures would do!! pls helpp me its been a week since i downloaded the game and i havent played it since
  • Options
    @rosemow help me pls!!
  • Options
    MORREY wrote: »
    Is there a video tutorial? im really confused or perhaps some directed pictures would do!! pls helpp me its been a week since i downloaded the game and i havent played it since

Hello @MORREY
    Are you getting this same error message ?
    Have you been able to start a new save game since you bought and downloaded the game or are you unable to load the game at all?
  • Options
    I followed ur steps then when i can create my household and started to play it it will lead me to the world map to choose and i click willow creek then i tried to buy a lot but i have 0 funds and i cannot use the lot the game just stays on the map
  • Options
    I havent played the game yet btw yet i did ur instructions because my first error was error code 3 then followed your instructions then this^ second problem happened
  • Options
    I followed ur steps then when i can create my household and started to play it it will lead me to the world map to choose and i click willow creek then i tried to buy a lot but i have 0 funds and i cannot use the lot the game just stays on the map

Hello
    Did you buy the game from Origin?
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > lovablesweet35 wrote: »
    >
    > I also have A problem with this. I followed the instructions very carefully. After erasing my previous data and backing it up. when I started it, It was working but however whenever I replace it with my previous files the error just keeps coming back. is there a problem with my save data? or do i Have to update it to a new version because I don't use CC nor MODS at all.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @lovablesweet35
    > One or more of more save game files may be broken,
    > Try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then try loading that save game version, and see if that helps the issue.

Hello:), I tried doing that but it doesn't show a load game button at all and whenever I press the play button it just keeps putting me back to the main screen. Please help:(
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    > @rosemow said:
    > lovablesweet35 wrote: »
    >
    > I also have A problem with this. I followed the instructions very carefully. After erasing my previous data and backing it up. when I started it, It was working but however whenever I replace it with my previous files the error just keeps coming back. is there a problem with my save data? or do i Have to update it to a new version because I don't use CC nor MODS at all.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @lovablesweet35
    > One or more of more save game files may be broken,
    > Try recovering an earlier version of your current save game to play. To do that , go to the main screen of sims 4, and click on the " load game " button.Click on your save game file picture. Then click on the " recover game " button down the right hand side bottom of the screen,. Press on an earlier version of the save game from the menu that pops up. Then try loading that save game version, and see if that helps the issue.

Hello:), I tried doing that but it doesn't show a load game button at all and whenever I press the play button it just keeps putting me back to the main screen. Please help:(

Hello @lovablesweet35.
    This link may help. Try doing the second suggestion
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/save-games-disappearing/

Repairing the game may also help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

• Options
    The game was crack
  • Options
    I tried doing it but somehow my world is also gone when I made the sim...O_O so bizarre.
  • Options
    GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    The game was crack

You won't get any help for a cracked version of the game -> forum rules
    Actions with Zero-Tolerance
    Some things are absolutely not okay. No ifs, ands, or buts. Do any of these things and your account will face immediate action:

Talking about illegal activities. This includes software piracy, “hacks,” “torrents,” game "cracks," and more. See that happening on the boards? Report it directly to EA.
  • Options
    The game was crack

Hello
    It is illegal to use downloaded sims 4 games. It would be best to buy your own legal copy of Sims 4 from either an online gaming store or from a store near where you live. There may be good reduced prices for the game with sales that are running at this time of the year. You will have game issues with illegal game copies.
  • Options
    I tried doing it but somehow my world is also gone when I made the sim...O_O so bizarre.

Hello @lovablesweet35
    There may be isssues with your current save game files.
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game file, and testing to see if it occurs there also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
    Then test the game again, If the issues return, you will need to move the saves folder again to the desktop, and start the game to create a new saves game folder. Exit the game, then test by placing each of the save game files from your old saves folder into the new saves folder in your Documents -electronic arts -sims 4 -saves folder one by one to see which has issues. Put in one save game, test that, then take it out and test another one.
  • Options
    Pillow_stuffing123Pillow_stuffing123 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi I tried what @rosemow said to do but I must have messed it up because when I entered my game everything I saved, my custom content, my families, etc were all erased! Please help!
  • Options
    Hi I tried what @rosemow said to do but I must have messed it up because when I entered my game everything I saved, my custom content, my families, etc were all erased! Please help!

Hello @Pillow_stuffing123
    Are your saves files still in the saves folder and your cc files still in your mods folder that is on the desktop?
  • Options
    Lovinglifegirl123Lovinglifegirl123 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hey, I'm also having the same problem. I know though the problem is in the Mods Folder somewhere because I tested it. @rosemow I've don the instructions you said: Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView, files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.
    Add back the folders one at a time, checking the game after adding back each folder to see if the game is working okay.

Still doesnt work. What do I do? Please help!
    Thank you
  • Options
    Hey, I'm also having the same problem. I know though the problem is in the Mods Folder somewhere because I tested it. @rosemow I've don the instructions you said: Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" and "ReticulatedSplinesView, files and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders.

Still doesnt work. What do I do? Please help!
    Thank you

Hello @Lovinglifegirl123
    There has been many mods/cc broken by the latest patch
    This is a link to a list of some of the broken/updated mods/cc
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/941998/broken-updated-mods-seasons-june-2018-patch#latest
    Try seeing if you have any of the mods on the list, and remove/update them. Then test to see if the issue remains,

If the issues remain, try moving your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem. Put one item or batch in , test the game , take it out. Then test another one, to find the cause of the issue.