Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Another Vacation Hint? (Pic Included)

So what do y'all think? The snowman looks a lot like the one we just got suggesting this is Sims 4.

Comments

• Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,331 Member
    edited December 2017
    Yes I'm glad someone posted it, I was about to post this, as it looks obvious hint to vacation pack..i think they'll announce it in the first week of February
    Post edited by graventhe on
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,406 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    Yes I'm glad posted it, I was about to post this as it looks obvious hint to vacation pack..i think they'll announce it in the first week of February

And if it's coming in February we 'll see it in the quarterly teaser as well.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    This looks like it's for all origin titles not just Sims. I'm not going along with this being a bit for things to come. I actually think a tropical pack is next i just don't think this image supports or confirms that
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    This is an ad for an Origin sale, not a hint for a beach vacation pack. If it were an actual hint, why would it be on Origin's home site for people to see that don't buy the Sims?
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    Oh my god, guys. Stop looking for hints anywhere you can, just wait for the quarterly teaser that’s coming in two weeks.

You’re only setting yourself up for disappointment.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, there are some that enjoy getting people worked up over false info. I guess it gives them some sense of power or something.
  • Options
    AmphibisimAmphibisim Posts: 3 New Member
    I hope we get another vacation world. It sucks just to have one. I don't want to demand any content, but I would really like a new vacation world.
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    Oh my god, guys. Stop looking for hints anywhere you can, just wait for the quarterly teaser that’s coming in two weeks.

I'm not the only one. I've seen people on twitter wondering if this is a hint.
  • Options

You don't have to repeat it.
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I'm repeating it cause I think it is.
  • Options

Again, why would they put a hint for Sims 4 on the home page of Origin? Wouldn't the other games get jealous? We have similar stuff in the game already. It came in the Christmas stuff so why would the hint be stuff that's similar, but different. Stop trying to turn everything into a hint just so you can claim to have found it first.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I think it is a come hither thingy nothing more.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    It’s summer in some countries right now, it just seems like a way to advertise a sale from another point of view that isn’t American.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Amphibisim wrote: »
    I would really like a new vacation world.
    It doesn’t even have to be a new vacation world I would be happy with a tropical world and hotels.
  • Options
    dirtyDdirtyD Posts: 65 Member

Again, why would they put a hint for Sims 4 on the home page of Origin? Wouldn't the other games get jealous? We have similar stuff in the game already. It came in the Christmas stuff so why would the hint be stuff that's similar, but different. Stop trying to turn everything into a hint just so you can claim to have found it first.

You're coming across pretty hostile. You didn't have to read the thread & you definitely didn't have to comment. If the user thought it was a hint & wanted to share it with others, who are you to tell them to stop. They are free to post whatever they like. Take a chill pill.

To the OP, thanks for posting!

• Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    Another vacation world would be cool!
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    dirtyD wrote: »

You're coming across pretty hostile. You didn't have to read the thread & you definitely didn't have to comment. If the user thought it was a hint & wanted to share it with others, who are you to tell them to stop. They are free to post whatever they like. Take a chill pill.

Am I not free to post whatever I like? Or is this only reserved for people who agree with the OP? There are those that see a hint in everything. The devs have stated that they don't hint, but IF they did, due to the amount of hints that some people "find", there must be a team of HINT devs that do nothing but sit around and add hint after hint into the game.

This "hint" was posted on Origin and not in the game which makes absolutely no sense. You might as well say that you saw a bill board on the way home from work with a beach and that's a hint, too.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Am I not free to post whatever I like? Or is this only reserved for people who agree with the OP? There are those that see a hint in everything. The devs have stated that they don't hint, but IF they did, due to the amount of hints that some people "find", there must be a team of HINT devs that do nothing but sit around and add hint after hint into the game.

This "hint" was posted on Origin and not in the game which makes absolutely no sense. You might as well say that you saw a bill board on the way home from work with a beach and that's a hint, too.

It also annoys me when people start posting all sorts of hints, but you don’t have to be so rude. If it bothers you THAT much just avoid the thread.

Also...

Lol just lol seriously games getting jealous? That was hilarious. Why would they care lol
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »

It also annoys me when people start posting all sorts of hints, but you don’t have to be so rude. If it bothers you THAT much just avoid the thread.

Also...

Lol just lol seriously games getting jealous? That was hilarious. Why would they care lol

True, the games wouldn't care but the people who made them might want to know why the Sims get space to post hints and they don't.
  • Options
    meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    It's not an obvious hint to anything. They just released some Australian themed holiday items in the free patch, and since this is a holiday sale announcement, and directly features the holiday items just released, it would be speculative to use this as evidence of new and as yet unannounced future content.

I'm not against a beach themed pack, but this doesn't pass the Occam's razor test. There are more likely explanations for the available information.
  • Options
    Orchid13 wrote: »

Also...

True, the games wouldn't care but the people who made them might want to know why the Sims get space to post hints and they don't.

It would be weird, yes. Then again I also agree that this is no hint at all and just a way of advertising the sale by using the concept of summer vacaction that all the Southern Hemisphere has right now. Also as someone who gets annoyed by threads about “hints” I really recommend avoiding them. Some of them get really annoying , especially after patches have been released and devs start playing around with words.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    A lot of people go to warmer climates during January and Feb so it would make sense to have a vacation pack.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    candy8 wrote: »
    A lot of people go to warmer climates during January and Feb so it would make sense to have a vacation pack.

Spring Break, but then they would need a college/higher learning pack first so Sims would have a reason to find warmer weather and get away from school on spring break, and at least they would need colder weather to have a reason to hunt a warm beach. Necessity is the mother of invention. Which came first the chicken or the egg? :D
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.