Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bypassing Origin when Launching. Solved.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    alicseprin1984alicseprin1984 Posts: 5 New Member
    @Sweet2 No, both times they were installed through origin, the same way. All of my old laptops have had the sims installed the same way and I've never had this issue, that was probably three or four laptops.
    My wife's laptop also has sims games currently installed through origin, and her computer doesn't automatically launch origin.

when you install the game whether it is disk form or right off of origin they make you log in to origin and run origin in order to play it
    this even happens if your offline you cant see the store but your library is there and you can use the games but if you close out the origin or your task manager it will close down the game
    and fair warning be sure that you never loose your internet to the point you can not play your games as origin will flat out take them from you removeing them from your library even if you downloaded them viea disk so if you dont have the disk any more they make you pay for the game all over again
    get disks always and just dont buy directly from origin
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    Ok, I have always installed all of the Sims games by the disc. I have downloaded a couple of the Stuff packs from Origin. I do NOT like being forced to log into Origin to play my games. At the moment, I do not have internet connection. Long story.......I'm at work.

I've seen it mentioned that you can sign into Origin offline? please someone tell me what to do to play my games without the internet.

PLEEEEEEASE
  • Options
    Scorpina2009Scorpina2009 Posts: 1,547 Member
    @Sweet2 No, both times they were installed through origin, the same way. All of my old laptops have had the sims installed the same way and I've never had this issue, that was probably three or four laptops.
    My wife's laptop also has sims games currently installed through origin, and her computer doesn't automatically launch origin.

when you install the game whether it is disk form or right off of origin they make you log in to origin and run origin in order to play it
    this even happens if your offline you cant see the store but your library is there and you can use the games but if you close out the origin or your task manager it will close down the game
    and fair warning be sure that you never loose your internet to the point you can not play your games as origin will flat out take them from you removeing them from your library even if you downloaded them viea disk so if you dont have the disk any more they make you pay for the game all over again
    get disks always and just dont buy directly from origin

oh crap !!!!! remove from our libraries due to inactivity? that sucks !!!!!
  • Options
    simsluverrrrsimsluverrrr Posts: 2 New Member
    I just downloaded Origin and Sims 3, I opened Origin and it has this paper with a face on it like a loading error, I don't know what to do. I don't want to buy another game. Can someone help me solve this? :( :(
  • Options
    simsluverrrrsimsluverrrr Posts: 2 New Member
    I just downloaded Origin and Sims 3, I opened Origin and it has this paper with a face on it like a loading error, I don't know what to do. I don't want to buy another game. Can someone help me solve this? :( :(
  • Options
    LoveTS3hateORIGINLoveTS3hateORIGIN Posts: 2 New Member
    @simsluverrrr when this happened to me, I had to fix my .NET framework through Microsoft (free download). That fixed the origin patch for the origin launcher for me. But since the patch I can't play at all. Origin or no origin it tells me I need origin installed to play the game. I have been dealing with EA for almost 2 weeks now. I keep opening the case up and making them call me. I keep chewing them out, but now my anger is becoming highly depressing because I am feeling absolutely ROBBED by them on my FAVORITE stupid PC game. Like I wanted to be punished for buying the game honestly and using a PC at the same time. I bought 11 games(eps and sps) through origin, most of them I bought before there was ever an inkling of a patch update that would SCREW us all over. But I wanted ambitions and that is what screwed me. I bought it 2 weeks ago and have spent more time troubleshooting. I am back on the phone with EA again and again.. Now I am requesting a full refund of all 11 packs I bought since 2014. Or they can send them to me in hard disc form and if they don't work I will send them back and get my money. I don't even care. I am so fed up with them that I am literally to the point where I am just chewing them out.. Profanities galore..
  • Options
    LoveTS3hateORIGINLoveTS3hateORIGIN Posts: 2 New Member
    I am now being refunded my money from EA. They have refunded all but 4 of my packs that the system would allow. Those 4 are rather old, but they are going to contact paypal with my invoice and transaction IDs so that they will allow a refund back into my account (this might take 2+ weeks). I told them everything I have read about other peoples experiences with origin and the 1.69 update. I told them that everyone is trying to bypass the update and launcher completely. Told them how robbed I was feeling and how I never wanted to completely sever my relationship with them as I have been loyal since The Sims came out originally. I told them that I will keep my eyes open for Origin and EA to put forth the effort to restore faith with their loyal customers and that I hope to be able to work with them again if they fix these problems because I did want to try TS4 before all of this nonsense, and now I will not be going that route. She hinted that MAC users are probably in for their own Origin 1.69 update eventually. I told her that they should try to avoid that entirely and find a way to go back to a version like 1.67. She says they have had IMMENSE issues with this update and customer satisfaction. I told her that I hope that they fix these problems with Origin BEFORE the whole company ends up going under because NOONE wants to use it anymore or if at all. I also mentioned that people who do get it to work do not like it, especially because we can't play offline anymore. My problem is now solved. Unfortunately It took severing my relationship with EA and Origin until further notice. I suppose I can get it on STEAM...because the new sims games and packs on hard disc will NOT allow you to play without origin. From the horses mouth.
  • Options
    gokussaiyan3gokussaiyan3 Posts: 1 New Member
    i put origin into offline mod
  • Options
    pwilliams642pwilliams642 Posts: 190 Member
    I think this is merely EA extending it's control of the way it's programs are purchased. For example- i bought a copy of 'sim city 4' second hand. Although i had the serial number, i couldnt enter it into my origin liburary-not recognised. Yet when i bought a new copy of the game it entered straight away.
    I think all the major game companies are trying to do away with dvd/cd shop bought games and compelling the purchaiser to buy on-line, thus maximising the game company's profit.