Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do YOU love about the Sims 4?

Hello fellow simmers,
I thought in the spirit of being thankful and grateful today in the US that I would create a positive thread about the things that are loved about the Sims 4. This is going to be a positive thread, no negativity will be accepted. You can list any and everything that you love about the Sims 4 expanding to all the editions we have gotten.

Here are a list of the things I love most, but this is only a few examples:
1. The multitasking feature
2. The little details
3. Clubs because it revolutionizes hanging out
4. The character values with our younger sims

Continue listing things you love about this game, let's see how many posts we can get. Hope everyone who celebrates has a happy thanksgiving.

Comments

• Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    CAS
    Toddlers
    Pets
    building
    the soundtrack
    the art style
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    VromanceVromance Posts: 72 Member
    CAS...truly the best looking sims, though Sims 3 is very very close
    The fact it runs like a dream on my toaster of a computer even with tons of CC and packs
    Art style is very appealing.. colorful, vibrant...just my style
    How easy it is to customize the world, buildings, families, sims...even adding CC is simpler than ever

But really, I'm most thankful that I can even play The Sims at all. I never got my hands on Sims 2 and when I tried playing Sims 3 it just completely destroyed my computer...twice. So I had to give it up when I was having super fun and making friends here and there. Later on.. Sims 4 released...I was kind of hesitant about trying it out at first. I thought maybe it'd just be the same result and I'd end up disappointing myself again. I didn't want to spend lots of money, make friends, create sims I love, neat stories...just to lose it all. This wasn't the case with TS4.. luckily. I've been playing since 2015 and I've had no problems whatsoever other than the occasional bug. I couldn't be more satisfied and thankful this year. I feel lots of gladness in my heart. My simming experience has truly been amazing and I can't wait to see what 2018 has in store for us all. :smiley:

tumblr_oalut1nqGt1vzdforo4_r1_500.gif
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Vromance wrote: »
    CAS...truly the best looking sims, though Sims 3 is very very close
    The fact it runs like a dream on my toaster of a computer even with tons of CC and packs
    Art style is very appealing.. colorful, vibrant...just my style
    How easy it is to customize the world, buildings, families, sims...even adding CC is simpler than ever

But really, I'm most thankful that I can even play The Sims at all. I never got my hands on Sims 2 and when I tried playing Sims 3 it just completely destroyed my computer...twice. So I had to give it up when I was having super fun and making friends here and there. Later on.. Sims 4 released...I was kind of hesitant about trying it out at first. I thought maybe it'd just be the same result and I'd end up disappointing myself again. I didn't want to spend lots of money, make friends, create sims I love, neat stories...just to lose it all. This wasn't the case with TS4.. luckily. I've been playing since 2015 and I've had no problems whatsoever other than the occasional bug. I couldn't be more satisfied and thankful this year. I feel lots of gladness in my heart. My simming experience has truly been amazing and I can't wait to see what 2018 has in store for us all. :smiley:

I completely get the toaster of a computer things :D . Mine is not bad or old it just isn't a gaming computer. I got it to to finish college and start my career not to a play a game. However Sims 4 runs very nice so far with a game pack and 1 EP, its smooth sailing. If I tried to install sims 3 on here I literally think my laptop would cry if not explode. This is a great post! I agree, this has been a year to be thankful for a lot of what we have been given for this game.
  • Options
    SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    CAS is truly the shining star of this iteration thanks to how easy it is to change your sims' faces and bodies to look however you want them to look. The build mode improvements are also really, really good.

In terms of gameplay, I love the fact that they loosened the behavioral and supervision restrictions on Teens and Children, like the forced hard curfews, the fact that you couldn't leave a Child home without a Teen or older there to look after them without the social worker coming to snatch them (it put so many unnecessary limits on family structure and living situations), the fact that Teens couldn't fight with their parents unless they had low relationship levels, and the fact that Children couldn't even make a sandwich or a bowl of cereal by themselves. I also really love the improvements to Toddlers, since they're so much more fun as playable sims now, with so much more personality and life to them than TS2's boring little babydolls.

Aliens and vampires are also a lot of fun. I love how the skill tree for vampires lets us customize their abilities and weaknesses to our liking, and it really gives me hope that werewolves will be just as well done this time around. My only gripe is that the game keeps swapping my inactive played vampires to always use their special movement options when I'm not playing them. It's really annoying when you want to have vampires who pretend to be as normal as possible in public...and there goes the game blowing their cover for you... -_-;
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    That it makes me love The Sims 2 more <3
  • Options
    D20D20 Posts: 47 Member
    I've always liked the art style... reminds me of a Blizzard game in a lot of ways. The characters can emote extremely well.

Also, after taking over a year break from the game, the vampire game pack helped make it fun and exciting again. Their strengths and weakness open up interesting storytelling and gameplay opportunities.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,790 Member
    edited November 2017
    The details on the TODDLERS. I'm completely blown away.

And CAS — the best one we've had to date.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    If I'm being honest, just about everything. I don't dislike anything. For certain things I'd have done something else (like CASt) but I love the game.
  • Options
    D20 wrote: »
    I've always liked the art style... reminds me of a Blizzard game in a lot of ways. The characters can emote extremely well.

Also, after taking over a year break from the game, the vampire game pack helped make it fun and exciting again. Their strengths and weakness open up interesting storytelling and gameplay opportunities.

I took about that long of a break as well. I added parenthood and Get Together to my game and both of those completely refreshed the game for me.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited November 2017
    Why, the vampires of course. Best in the series, and it isn't even a contest.
  • Options
    NunnDuuRaah1NunnDuuRaah1 Posts: 35 Member
    I like only feeding my sims salads or else they get fat.
  • Options
    SpanglesSpangles Posts: 37 Member
    CAS, definitely that for me. Though this thread is making me think that I need to play as a vampire more. I've dabbled, but not done a whole lot with that feature.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Definitely the vibrancy of the game. It's beautiful to look at and I still get lost sometimes just looking around the worlds.
    The fact that we can finally create such diverse looking sims too, and that they are more animated this time round.

• Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member

1). I like CAS & the way Sims look in general.
    2). I like that my pregnant Sims can go to work & aren't stuck wearing maternity clothes
    3). By far, the easiest version of the Sims to install CC/mods or uninstall
    4). Best toddlers compared to previous versions...I like that they have their own skills, personalities, & are mostly independent.
    5). Multi-tasking
    6). I like the new things brought to the series that aren't in a previous version (i.e. vet clinic, toddler play dates, camping in Granite Falls).
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Oooh I forgot one.

I like that my sim can wear anything she wants when she is pregnant!
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    ElleysimsElleysims Posts: 133 Member
    I love the art style and the towns are very pretty too. The sims are lovely and their reactions and the way they do things are so cute sometimes it just makes me smile. I like the vacation days and the family leave also.
  • Options
    SaturatedsparkSaturatedspark Posts: 1 New Member
    I like everything about the game also. I would love to different styles of stair cases.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Everyone always said I live in my own little world, and now I really can!
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    aujinehaujineh Posts: 454 Member
    The creativity in building and the humour in gameplay
    I also love the vampires
  • Options
    EmmyGeeEmmyGee Posts: 218 Member
    I *really* appreciate the fact that we can now access build/buy mode when on a commercial lot to quickly buy something to add to the lot or change something about the lot. I don't know if this was a feature in Sims 3 since I didn't play it very much, but the Sims 2 was so difficult and inconvenient that way.

I am also very glad that children are able to stay home by themselves - no nanny, butler, adult or teen required.
  • Options
    neutralsideneutralside Posts: 34 Member
    CAS, vampires, and toddlers.
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,430 Member
    edited November 2017
    1. Create-A-Sim.
    2. User-friendly buy and build modes.
    3. Smooth, fluid controls.
    4. Multitasking.
    5. More technically stable than The Sims 3.
    6. Bigger variety of items in the buy and build modes.
    7. Vampires. From what I heard, TS3's vampires were based from Twilight, which makes TS4's Dracula-based vampires an instant winner.
  • Options
    AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    CAS- the best one yet, we can finally create diverse sims (all the sims in TS2 and TS3 somehow always turned out exactly the same)
    Building- the dragging option makes everything quicker and easier, no need to tear down the walls then start all over again
    Multitasking- I tried going backto TS2 and I can no longer play w/o multitasking
    Worlds- breathtaking, especially Windenburg and Brindleton Bay
    the art style in general
    the premades- they have very little backstory but I've grown fond of them and I like seeing them on community lots
    clubs- best new feature the franchise has introduced

• Options
    I love seeing everyone's comments on here. I completely agree that CAS and Build Mode are the best we have ever had.
  • Options
    KristinaKristina Posts: 582 Member
    edited November 2017
    While I miss the open-world, I'm really glad that TS4 looks and runs great without needing incredible specs. I've bought two laptops in the past especially for The Sims games, as a desktop just isn't practical for my lifestyle. But TS4 runs incredibly well on my 5yo MacBook and still looks gorgeous so I don't need a separate computer just for gaming! And this is coming from a self-confessed graphics snob.