Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collab for the Alien Adoption Challenge #Collab4AAC

Comments

• Options
    CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    I think i should explain some of the story in my recent chapter/update.
    Anakin is renembering some of his experiences after the crash. Hechas no memories of before. He remembers the fire and the stasis pod/goo he was in. He remembers being in his pod at the agency and seeing the scientists that were observing (loki and circe Beaker) he remembers seeing his adoptive father for the first time(Archie did work at the Agency as you guessed it The Janitor) And what happens after he is adopted. I purposely used the wrong kind of aliens during the abduction as i dont want to affect anyone elses story. As i see it there are many different kinds of aliens all with their own agenda, mine just happen to be of the bad, weird looking kind and have no connection to the story or the lore but there appearance and Archies abduction are just coincidental.
    sorry for the long post and gramatical errors i am on my phone.
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

• Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    I have three updates for y'all!

Eight
    The Invitation
    Pool Party
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    XantheanmarXantheanmar Posts: 445 Member
    Added Anakin and Amber to the number list @Charliimai !
    41tidg8.jpg
  • Options
    allysimbuildsallysimbuilds Posts: 422 Member
    edited October 2017
    @CathyTea Thank you for sharing the pool party updates I published! I appreciate the help! :#

I'd also like to thank @Meggles, @Charliimai and @ny275 for participating with me; this was so much fun!

It isn't that big of a spoiler, but
    Elliot and Emmanuel are moving to San Myshuno. He will also be aging up.
    If you're interested in collaborating with me in any way, please let me know! Manny is a very serious and compassionate individual and would be interested in paying forward all the kindness Sept has shown him as bogoto with a younger sibling. If this relationship interests you, again: please contact me! :)
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    I don't have anything that can't be spoiled. Well, aside from what kind of a clone my alien kid is. Sorry; I'm being super brief. I should go to bed.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    ThymelessThymeless Posts: 1,184 Member
    @allysimbuilds I'll be able to collab easier when Pandora is a teen - she'll be able to travel without Harmony (so no inviting-in is needed), but only at night if that's ok. She's... well, lets just say her empathy is pretty far in the red, so I hope they'd get along but I'm not sure.
    signature-gen-3.jpg
    Sci-fi/Fantasy Lover | Taurus
    House: Hufflepuff/Pukwudgie
    The Centauri Legacy | Can You Hear the Violins? | Drifting with Nifflers
    Reading Circles: Reader's Nook
  • Options
    Thymeless wrote: »
    @allysimbuilds I'll be able to collab easier when Pandora is a teen - she'll be able to travel without Harmony (so no inviting-in is needed), but only at night if that's ok. She's... well, lets just say her empathy is pretty far in the red, so I hope they'd get along but I'm not sure.

I laughed so hard at this! Manny certainly views her as a friend, so I assume he'd be extremely patient with her. There's only one way to find out! >:) We'll have to do a little dreaming and see what sort of things they could do together, but I know for sure he'd like to meet her at least.
  • Options
    @allysimbuilds I'm glad he does! <3 Hooray! To be honest, I don't think anything short of a line of missiles could stop her doing something if she wanted to =p I know she'd love to meet him. She doesn't admit it much, but she's a little lonely. She can manage to leave the hollow without an issue at night, so it's definitely possible :)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    @allysimbuilds I'll hold you to it ;)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Right-to! I have a few updates...

First, Author's Notes on the Challenge, which show some behinds-the-scenes and share a few tips. At the point that the story is currently, the challenge was done, game-play-wise, so I turned off aging on the eve of the YA birthday, and everything from here on out in the story takes place post-challenge.

And... it's a big day for the Sevenses! Chapter 58
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    @allysimbuilds Would it be possible to get Emmanuel to say something to Pandora about the pool party? Even if it's just like a little 'Hi, here's what happened' introduction, so I can then summarise a couple of the things I've read in others' chapters? That way she can move on to other things without it feeling like I left that plot point hangning :)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    @Thymeless I've updated the post to include Manny's song to Pandora (he's become quite the student of poetry forms in his young age, mixing several for the piece). I did name the party guests in the song for you, that way you can address that information as needed. Please let me know if you need it to say anything else, and I apologize for not including it from the beginning.

Emmanuel's telepathy is quite advances for a clone of his age, I'm assuming, as he has the ability to pinpoint a target? In which case, this song to Pandora will not be heard by other children; he's sharing it solely with her.
  • Options
    @allysimbuilds Thank you! :) It's absolutely perfect. She'll be ageing up pretty soon, so I'm excited :)
    signature-gen-3.jpg
  • Options
    You guys are on fire! I'm so, so, so SO sorry but I don't have the energy to read all of these updates right now. I'll try to read them over the weekend. I really really hope I can. And I really really hope that I can muster up the energy to write. Okay, I'll have to shut up about my stupid problems, but I'm just feeling so bad about this and it's so frustrating that I can't properly be a part of this.

GAHHHHHH!

In the meantime, keep up the good work, you guys!
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    You guys are on fire! I'm so, so, so SO sorry but I don't have the energy to read all of these updates right now. I'll try to read them over the weekend. I really really hope I can. And I really really hope that I can muster up the energy to write. Okay, I'll have to shut up about my plum problems, but I'm just feeling so bad about this and it's so frustrating that I can't properly be a part of this.

GAHHHHHH!

Oh, you are the word-builder and inspiration starter! You're so much a part of this. We know that pacing is very relative...

I've got about ten chapters just waiting to be posted, plus lots of scheming with @Charliimai and others... so I'm afraid I will keep racing! Just pretend I live in a different dimension, where time moves faster... or something. :/

(My chapters are short so when you get a chance to read, you'll be able to catch up in 15 minutes or so! :) )

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    CathyTea wrote: »
    You guys are on fire! I'm so, so, so SO sorry but I don't have the energy to read all of these updates right now. I'll try to read them over the weekend. I really really hope I can. And I really really hope that I can muster up the energy to write. Okay, I'll have to shut up about my plum problems, but I'm just feeling so bad about this and it's so frustrating that I can't properly be a part of this.

GAHHHHHH!

Oh, you are the word-builder and inspiration starter! You're so much a part of this. We know that pacing is very relative...

I've got about ten chapters just waiting to be posted, plus lots of scheming with @Charliimai and others... so I'm afraid I will keep racing! Just pretend I live in a different dimension, where time moves faster... or something. :/

(My chapters are short so when you get a chance to read, you'll be able to catch up in 15 minutes or so! :) )
    @CathyTea Thanks... though I don't think I've been doing much world-building lately either. The worst part about this whole thing is that me not being able to do anything creative makes me super uncomfortable and anxious and like I'm all clogged up mentally, and I hate it. So I'm not feeling bad about just this project. Though I do feel guilty because I signed up for this and then can't deliver.

And don't stop updating you guys! I'll try to keep up... at some point.
    My Sims stories:
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    @RipuAncestor As someone new to the collab (so new that I haven't started yet) I'm totally open to collaborating with you down the line, if you are up for it of course. Just wanted to extend the offer.

I've penned in the official start of my story for Nov 1 and I'm still more excited than my own brain can really contain. In fact, I'm back to bounce some more ideas off you guys!

How exactly do your children communicate telepathically, particularly early on. Do they have to think with the intention of reaching someone? Picture the person in their mind?

I know @CathyTea 's Septemus has trouble specifying what he communicates (emotions and deeper feelings spill over with words, correct?) but is that telepathic connection up ALL the time or only when he opens the channel?

Early on, Blossom has no control of her telepathy and only reaches out to her caregiver when she's stressed. Of course, neither Magnolia nor Blossom understand the telepathy, and I have the idea that Blossom isn't even aware that she is mentally projecting her mood. I have a chapter where Magnolia tries to encourage Blossom to "speak" (make noise) in her mind, but Blossom doesn't really get how.

Following this chapter, I'd love for Blossom to express her frustration in pictures to another alien, and have that child teach her how to initiate a telepathic link.

Is there anyone interested in telepathically parenting Blossom? :D

@Thymeless is possibly going to reach out to Blossom in a chapter prior to this, and I'm all for it if you want to be more involved, but wanted to extend this invitation to the group too.
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Karilan wrote: »
    @RipuAncestor As someone new to the collab (so new that I haven't started yet) I'm totally open to collaborating with you down the line, if you are up for it of course. Just wanted to extend the offer.

What a lovely offer, @Karilan ! @Djapchan has also expressed interest in joining down the road, so I have a feeling we will have plenty! Plus there are a few others who joined early and are now on hiatus! Maybe they'll return! :)
    I've penned in the official start of my story for Nov 1 and I'm still more excited than my own brain can really contain. In fact, I'm back to bounce some more ideas off you guys!

How exactly do your children communicate telepathically, particularly early on. Do they have to think with the intention of reaching someone? Picture the person in their mind?
    Originally, Sept began singing because he missed the pagotogo so much--he wanted to find them. Sebastion had started writing letters and trying everything he could to find them. But Sept wanted to help, so he started singing.

(What really happened was that in-game I noticed that Sept closes his eyes a lot, and he looks like he's telepathically transmitting and receiving. Here's the shot of his first song:

sept347.png

Then, after we "found" some of the pagotogo through the Forum, Sept would send out targeted messages to them, as well as "general-broadcast songs."

The story that Sept tells to Xilla about his pops' rabbit singing is really a story about his own use of song as a toddler when he was trying to locate and call to him the pagotogo.
    I know @CathyTea 's Septemus has trouble specifying what he communicates (emotions and deeper feelings spill over with words, correct?) but is that telepathic connection up ALL the time or only when he opens the channel?
    You're so right! Sept discovered, through Panda, that his channels were ALWAYS open and that everyone was picking up everything, whether it was a transmission or not, and that, basically, he was a very sloppy telecommunicator!

Sept, due to his genetic origin (the source he was cloned from) has very advanced telepathic powers--yet he doesn't, in this iteration of these genes, yet have control over them.

So, when he goes into training, which is exactly where we are now in his story, he is shutting off all of his telepathic communication (except for with family members, because this form of communication is so natural to him, that he needs to do it with those he lives with).

He's erecting a "cone" around himself, which is an energetic protection-shield to contain his thoughts, emotions, and spiritual energy. This, unfortunately, prevents his energy from getting out there to the pagatogo, many of whom have developed a habit of tuning in to him, even when he didn't realize this was happening!

During this time, he's learning skills so that he can be intentional with his use of telepathy and control it. His training will last about 18 months which, in the story, happens in a time gap between tonight's chapter and the one that will be posted tomorrow. Then, he will communicate when he opens the channel, but he'll also have some times when it's an easy flow, because that is so lovely! :) The point is that it will be his decision--he can control if it's open, easy-flow, widespread broadcast, or if it's narrow, pin-pointed broadcast, or if it's closed off.
    Early on, Blossom has no control of her telepathy and only reaches out to her caregiver when she's stressed. Of course, neither Magnolia nor Blossom understand the telepathy, and I have the idea that Blossom isn't even aware that she is mentally projecting her mood. I have a chapter where Magnolia tries to encourage Blossom to "speak" (make noise) in her mind, but Blossom doesn't really get how.

Following this chapter, I'd love for Blossom to express her frustration in pictures to another alien, and have that child teach her how to initiate a telepathic link.

Is there anyone interested in telepathically parenting Blossom? :D

That would be so cool! A few collaborators have mentioned that their kids are sort of super-telepathic, due to genetic engineering and natural talents.

(For sure many of the rebels are telepathic, since they are pretty much in constant communication with Sept and they go into Emmanuel's dreams and talk with him--and steal his songs! :) )

Sept really has committed himself to the gotogo--he will do anything for any of them. And, due to his genetic source, he feels very drawn to teaching and sharing whatever he learns. So he will enjoy doing this.

He will discover in about 8 chapters (which will be posted in about 8 days! :) ) that he needs to keep learning an awful lot more! But, fortunately, he hooks up with some rebels who can help him learn!

So, he's available, if you need more teachers! (I might be moving into the sequel by the time you're ready, but that will work, as he'll be focusing mostly on his mission of helping the cause then--and this is part of the cause!)

@Thymeless is possibly going to reach out to Blossom in a chapter prior to this, and I'm all for it if you want to be more involved, but wanted to extend this invitation to the group too.

I can hardly wait to meet Blossom!
    Post edited by CathyTea on

• Options
    OK... next chapter! Septemus 59

(and now... only 46 more drafts in my drafts folder! :# [they aren't all Septemus chapters...])

• Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    Thanks for the response Cathy! I'll keep you in mind if the timing works out well. The chapter where I have Magnolia try (and sadly fail) to teach Blossom to reach out will likely be early December.
    (What really happened was that in-game I noticed that Sept closes his eyes a lot, and he looks like he's telepathically transmitting and receiving.
    This is adorable!! I do notice Blossom staring at the ceiling a lot, and she walks to the windows constantly. To me, this might symbolize moments she is hearing her siblings.
    Sept, due to his genetic origin (the source he was cloned from) has very advanced telepathic powers--yet he doesn't, in this iteration of these genes, yet have control over them.
    I think Blossom is sort of the opposite, her telepathy is very underdeveloped and shaky. Early on, I'm going to have her only be able to establish a link with a non-alien through physical connection (except for her outbursts). In my research for Magnolia, I read that touch is quite important to the deaf and thought it was a pretty endearing quality for Blossom to share.
    Sept really has committed himself to the gotogo--he will do anything for any of them. And, due to his genetic source, he feels very drawn to teaching and sharing whatever he learns. So he will enjoy doing this.
    He certainly has adopted them all as siblings/responsibilities. It's so sweet to see, but I hope he doesn't get too overwhelmed! As I said, we'll see how our chapters line up but I'd love for them to make contact at some point even if it's minor.

D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    @Karilan I'd be happy to collaborate as much as I can! I'm excited to meet Blossom!

Also yay, I managed to catch up with my reading. Now I only have 27 open tabs instead of the 30+. :sweat_smile: I loved the pool party! It was great to see all of those gotogo meeting up and getting along. And there was so much plot and revelations too! It was so great!
    My Sims stories:
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Also here's something I somehow wrote:

Stardust Sapling: Chapter 10
    4erys9t.jpg

Taimi is confused but happier. Mila worries.

Have a nice day!
    My Sims stories:
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    edited October 2017
    Morning! I know I've been whining about trying to keep up but I think I might have found a nice little helper for myself! It's a feed reader called Inoreader and I'm going to add everyone! When you read a chapter it grays it out a bit and I just think it'll help keep me organized when I read! :smiley:

I hope this can maybe help someone else catch up! <3

Edit: Oh nooo it only goes 10 posts back... T_T
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    Hi everyone! There are three new chapters of Whisper that I forgot to post here... (whoops)

11. Romance Festival
    12. The Knights
    13. Emmanuel

There will be one more chapter up tomorrow and then Whisper is aging up into a teen!