Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have Your Sims Changed Since Day 1?

sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
We all have our favorite Sims, the Sims we always play as or plop into our games, and I was wondering, has/have your Sim(s) changed since the first time you made them? For me, my favorite Sim was created when the vampires GP came out. His name is Mason, and since then, I'd say he's changed quite a bit.

3CNe29S.png

The first Mason (on the left) was a vampire. He was self assured, outgoing bro.

The second Mason (middle) has changed a lot appearance and traits wise. He was a music lover, gloomy and a loner. He's no longer a vampire. (He's like, staring into your soul here *shiver*)

The last Mason (obviously on the right) - huge change! After playing around in CAS, I found that darker hair and eyes suited him much better and I also changed his eye shape (out of curiosity!) He is now a self assured, music loving bro. I was struggling with what traits would suit him for the longest time which is why they kept changing over time. I'm pretty happy with the final results now though :)

So, what have you changed about your Sims? What do they look like now compared to back then? Feel free to post pics! (Apologies if this is in the wrong thread, I tend to do that a lot :()

IMG-6587.gif
Post edited by sproot on

Comments

• Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I still have an attachment to my original Sims 4 family -- my pregnant Simself, her husband, and their oldest daughter. I'll occasionally pull them out for a new save and give them a mild makeover (update hair and clothes with new content). But sometimes I'll have a new current favorite; right now I've got my Purdue siblings (they're brother and sister who came with base game in the Library). I gave them both makeovers and set out to play them -- have to admit that I have a preference for Cassidy over Ollie because her family life is a bit more topsy-turvy.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I tried to create an alternate reality where I took my favorite sims from the first game I played. My main couple were gay men, David and Carlos, I created, so I had David marry Johnny Zest and made Carlos straight and married him off to a Hispanic woman from that game who was from a gallery downloaded couple with 4 children. I all so took Johnny Zest's Asian wife I created and married her off to a Asian gay man from that game I had downloaded. I played a while but it wasn't doing it for me an I eventually abandoned it.

Honestly, I don't reuse sims other than the Prebuilds. My current game started out as my first challange. I was doing the 100 baby challenge, used a free spirit sim I created named Cassie, her backstory was that she was a change of life baby of hippies. So I thought she was tailor made to be the founder. I got to the second baby, Don Lohhario baby daddy 1, Travis Scott baby daddy 2, and discovered the love triangle with them was more interesting than the challenge, so put my mods back in and edited the age span and just started playing like I normally do with them. I'm starting generation 3 in that game now.

It seems for me that my personal sims are not really transferable between games. Aside from the Prebuilds, I tend to use all new sims in a new game save. Even townies from other games that I have played with before tend to get culled when I have tried to add them to another save. I'm not sure why I can't reuse my favorite sims again. I don't seem to have issues with the prebuild sims and having their lives turn out differently in new games, but there it is.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    I made my favorite Sim way back in 2014, but I only really got serious with TS4 in 2017 so while I haven't played any other Sim yet, it's not that I really played him for 3 years straight. :joy: I haven't made any big changes to him appearance or personality-wise, but I did change some things. In my first save he turned from a single criminal to a loving father and devoted husband who discarded his criminal career for secret agent; then he broke bad again and chose the evil branch of the secret agent career and now he's on the brink of a divorce and he isn't nearly as loving to his two youngest children as he was to his first child.

But I also started a completely new game with him as a toddler and in this save he is now a YA with Hotheaded, Insane and Childish with the Creatively Gifted childhood aspiration trait and a whole lot of extra traits from Parenting, rather than Hotheaded, Insane and Creative. He also has a wholly different style of fashion in this save. :lol: But in terms of appearance and overall personality he stayed the same: he's just wayyyy too much fun to play as a comically insane hothead, and his appearance matches these traits perfectly.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    I made my favorite Sim way back in 2014, but I only really got serious with TS4 in 2017 so while I haven't played any other Sim yet, it's not that I really played him for 3 years straight. :joy: I haven't made any big changes to him appearance or personality-wise, but I did change some things. In my first save he turned from a single criminal to a loving father and devoted husband who discarded his criminal career for secret agent; then he broke bad again and chose the evil branch of the secret agent career and now he's on the brink of a divorce and he isn't nearly as loving to his two youngest children as he was to his first child.

But I also started a completely new game with him as a toddler and in this save he is now a YA with Hotheaded, Insane and Childish with the Creatively Gifted childhood aspiration trait and a whole lot of extra traits from Parenting, rather than Hotheaded, Insane and Creative. He also has a wholly different style of fashion in this save. :lol: But in terms of appearance and overall personality he stayed the same: he's just wayyyy too much fun to play as a comically insane hothead, and his appearance matches these traits perfectly.

He sounds like an interesting Sim! I've done a similar a thing with Mason multiple times. :D when he was a vampire, it was his life goal to destroy Vlad. Then in another save, I gave him two brothers (also vampires) with the same goal, and then in another save, it was the similar goal, but he wasn't a vampire until Vlad invaded his house, killed his parents and then bit him, forcing him to leave his home... Let's just say, my save file was a mess :D

Then I got tired of the whole vampire thing and changed things completely. I turned him into a human and then the rest is also a mess, lol.
    IMG-6587.gif
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    Kerwinkle wrote: »

He sounds like an interesting Sim! I've done a similar a thing with Mason multiple times. :D when he was a vampire, it was his life goal to destroy Vlad. Then in another save, I gave him two brothers (also vampires) with the same goal, and then in another save, it was the similar goal, but he wasn't a vampire until Vlad invaded his house, killed his parents and then bit him, forcing him to leave his home... Let's just say, my save file was a mess :D

Then I got tired of the whole vampire thing and changed things completely. I turned him into a human and then the rest is also a mess, lol.

Love your storylines! I would buy Vampires if only to spend hours in CAS making my Sim into the most awesome-looking vampire there is, only I'm not much for all them vampires spawning everywhere.

Yeah, I tried to make him as interesting as possible especially with Parenting installed. In both saves he's crazy and especially because of his hotheaded trait prone to being mean/violent, but he's also sweet and innocent overall. He now has eleven traits: Insane, Hotheaded, Childish, Creatively Gifted, Alluring, Beguiling, Uncontrolled Emotions, Irresponsible, Argumentative, Good Manners and Compassionate, where in my first save he only had 3. In my new save he had a really sucky upbringing with a mean stepdad, a neglectful mom and a deceased father whom he really misses. Also had him go from foster home to foster home for a while in his childhood until ultimately bringing him back to his parental home where he finally went crazy and killed his stepfather, then pleaded with Grim to bring him back out of guilt and because he's friends with Grim and calls him almost every day, he did. :joy: He spent his last days of adolescence at the park or the bluffs, homeless. Now he's finally a YA but he still lives in the same apartment complex as his parents and regularly has beef with his stepfather--whenever he sees him he gets into a fight with him and always loses. :lol: He's also a hopeless romantic and is close to finishing the Chief of Mischief aspiration. (:
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options

Love your storylines! I would buy Vampires if only to spend hours in CAS making my Sim into the most awesome-looking vampire there is, only I'm not much for all them vampires spawning everywhere.

Yeah, I tried to make him as interesting as possible especially with Parenting installed. In both saves he's crazy and especially because of his hotheaded trait prone to being mean/violent, but he's also sweet and innocent overall. He now has eleven traits: Insane, Hotheaded, Childish, Creatively Gifted, Alluring, Beguiling, Uncontrolled Emotions, Irresponsible, Argumentative, Good Manners and Compassionate, where in my first save he only had 3. In my new save he had a really sucky upbringing with a mean stepdad, a neglectful mom and a deceased father whom he really misses. Also had him go from foster home to foster home for a while in his childhood until ultimately bringing him back to his parental home where he finally went crazy and killed his stepfather, then pleaded with Grim to bring him back out of guilt and because he's friends with Grim and calls him almost every day, he did. :joy: He spent his last days of adolescence at the park or the bluffs, homeless. Now he's finally a YA but he still lives in the same apartment complex as his parents and regularly has beef with his stepfather--whenever he sees him he gets into a fight with him and always loses. :lol: He's also a hopeless romantic and is close to finishing the Chief of Mischief aspiration. (:

Wow, that's one heck of a storyline! I love it!
    IMG-6587.gif
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited September 2017
    My entire game has changed, as far as looks go, as well as my Sims.
    Melonie is number 1 girl, since she has been around since The Sims 3.
    09-05-14_8-15nbspAM-2.png

This is her general look now. Her traits remain the same.
    06-12-16_11-18-21nbspAM.png

Olivia would be number 1 girl if Melonie did not exist.
    She's been around since the early days. Her original look is on the left. Her current general look is on the right.
    Olivia%20CC.jpg

These two test out any new custom content, so they have fresh new styles once in a while, but I usually fall back to their general looks.
    09-05-15_8-14nbspPM.png
    09-05-15_8-13nbspPM-4.png

But Melonie only dabbles.
    04-18-15_2-07nbspPM-4.png

Olivia is the CC queen. :)
    09-05-15_9-02nbspPM-2.png

09-06-15_2-10nbspAM-3.png

01-11-16_5-09-10nbspPM.png

01-11-16_5-08-05nbspPM.png

06-04-16_3-58-23nbspAM.png

04-14-17_2-15-38nbspAM.png

09-05-16_5-51-57nbspPM.png

07-04-16_4-02-33nbspPM.png

10-15-16_7-45-38nbspPM.png

[Edit]
    I have to add that since getting Parenthood, all my sims have changed drastically.
    Bloom2.jpg

06-01-17_9-20-10nbspAM.png

Who knows what Melonie will look like by the time she grows up.
    We should have more content by then.
    06-01-17_9-20-20nbspAM.png

Olivia isn't in the game yet as a toddler.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    CK213 wrote: »
    My entire game has changed, as far as looks go, as well as my Sims.
    Melonie is number 1 girl, since she has been around since The Sims 3.
    09-05-14_8-15nbspAM-2.png

This is her general look now. Her traits remain the same.
    06-12-16_11-18-21nbspAM.png

Olivia would be number 1 girl if Melonie did not exist.
    She's been around since the early days. Her original look is on the left. Her current general look is on the right.
    Olivia%20CC.jpg

These two test out any new custom content, so they have fresh new styles once in a while, but I usually fall back to their general looks.
    09-05-15_8-14nbspPM.png
    09-05-15_8-13nbspPM-4.png

But Melonie only dabbles.
    04-18-15_2-07nbspPM-4.png

Olivia is the CC queen. :)
    09-05-15_9-02nbspPM-2.png

09-06-15_2-10nbspAM-3.png

01-11-16_5-09-10nbspPM.png

01-11-16_5-08-05nbspPM.png

06-04-16_3-58-23nbspAM.png

04-14-17_2-15-38nbspAM.png

09-05-16_5-51-57nbspPM.png

07-04-16_4-02-33nbspPM.png

10-15-16_7-45-38nbspPM.png

[Edit]
    I have to add that since getting Parenthood, all my sims have changed drastically.
    Bloom2.jpg

06-01-17_9-20-10nbspAM.png

Who knows what Melonie will look like by the time she grows up.
    We should have more content by then.
    06-01-17_9-20-20nbspAM.png

Olivia isn't in the game yet as a toddler.

Your Sims are so pretty! Olivia definitely is the cc queen! :)
    IMG-6587.gif
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Yeah this was my simself September 2014
    screen_shot_2015_05_02_at_7_22_53_am_by_mphattyboi-d8rud1x.png

September 2017

screen_shot_2017_08_24_at_3_42_59_pm_by_mphattyboi-dbl68xg.png
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    My sims always seem to change over the course of play. I create a sim with a certain personality in mind, then next thing I know she's doing something totally unrelated to my original plan. Ugh.

As for their appearances - they tend to stay pretty much the same.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member

I have three favorites that I made with the demo. They've changed a bit over the years :)

With Kaia I originally made her as a blond, but usually play her with black or red hair since most of the time I pair her with Brett, who is blond as well.

rt4byG1.png

Brett has changed quite a bit. With the addition of CC, I've been able to make him look more like the person that he was made to look like.

oTgMlQE.png

Chris hasn't changed too much. A bit of CC and I usually prefer him with the darker hair color.

aeV7kd0.png
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Yeah this was my simself September 2014
    screen_shot_2015_05_02_at_7_22_53_am_by_mphattyboi-d8rud1x.png

September 2017

screen_shot_2017_08_24_at_3_42_59_pm_by_mphattyboi-dbl68xg.png

Your sim looks amazing! @MasonGamer

I have three favorites that I made with the demo. They've changed a bit over the years :)

With Kaia I originally made her as a blond, but usually play her with black or red hair since most of the time I pair her with Brett, who is blond as well.

rt4byG1.png

Brett has changed quite a bit. With the addition of CC, I've been able to make him look more like the person that he was made to look like.

oTgMlQE.png

Chris hasn't changed too much. A bit of CC and I usually prefer him with the darker hair color.

aeV7kd0.png

Kaia is gorgeous! Chris and Brett look amazing as well :)@sillyangel0906
    IMG-6587.gif
  • Options
    PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    Lola Aurora my very first Sim I made in the game. She might not changed much in looks but she has been through a lot. Quite a few marriages, children, she died and came back. I always invent new story lines for her. I'm not playing with her much anymore but she's still around in my game wreaking havoc as always. :D

Here a pic from 2014.
    mf9iYGS.jpg

A recent picture of her.
    2uxcMii.jpg
  • Options
    > @PapayaPancake said:
    > Lola Aurora my very first Sim I made in the game. She might not changed much in looks but she has been through a lot. Quite a few marriages, children, she died and came back. I always invent new story lines for her. I'm not playing with her much anymore but she's still around in my game wreaking havoc as always. :D
    >
    > Here a pic from 2014.
    >
    >
    > A recent picture of her.

Wow. She looks especially good in that second picture. I'm loving her pink hair!
  • Options
    sekojranasekojrana Posts: 107 Member
    Pretty much all of my sims have changed since day one, but I won't post them all. I've been playing the same save since sept 2014 with aging off, no restarts and sticking to the same 3 households mostly, so those sims have obviously had lots of time to refine their style lol.

This first sim is the first sim I've made for ts4, back in the cas demo. I love his look now but cringe at what he originally looked like lol. I don't know how I ever played him like that haha.

2uo54io.jpg

And the second I made about a year later, and she's become one of my favourites. She's had a cover-up tattoo on the right arm since that most recent picture, but is the same otherwise.

3097llt.jpg

• Options
    I wish I had pictures of my favorite sim ever, Loki. I made him back in 2015. I wish I could compare him to my more recent creation, but alas, that computer is dead, and my screenshots with it.

Instead, here's a picture of poor, poor Cicero. (He's like Loki 2.0)

J21AfaS.png?1
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    15aewar wrote: »
    I wish I had pictures of my favorite sim ever, Loki. I made him back in 2015. I wish I could compare him to my more recent creation, but alas, that computer is dead, and my screenshots with it.

J21AfaS.png?1

He's reminding me of another Cicero. :D
    I wanna go back to Skyrim--after I get all my sims installed in this new save.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    CK213 wrote: »
    15aewar wrote: »

J21AfaS.png?1

He's reminding me of another Cicero. :D
    I wanna go back to Skyrim--after I get all my sims installed in this new save.

His appearance isn't exactly accidental :wink:
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    We all have our favorite Sims, the Sims we always play as or plop into our games, and I was wondering, has/have your Sim(s) changed since the first time you made them? For me, my favorite Sim was created when the vampires GP came out. His name is Mason, and since then, I'd say he's changed quite a bit.

3CNe29S.png

The first Mason (on the left) was a vampire. He was self assured, outgoing bro.

The second Mason (middle) has changed a lot appearance and traits wise. He was a music lover, gloomy and a loner. He's no longer a vampire. (He's like, staring into your soul here *shiver*)

The last Mason (obviously on the right) - huge change! After playing around in CAS, I found that darker hair and eyes suited him much better and I also changed his eye shape (out of curiosity!) He is now a self assured, music loving bro. I was struggling with what traits would suit him for the longest time which is why they kept changing over time. I'm pretty happy with the final results now though :)

So, what have you changed about your Sims? What do they look like now compared to back then? Feel free to post pics! (Apologies if this is in the wrong thread, I tend to do that a lot :()

I actually have the triplets in my game. Each time I restart my game I make sure to place them in a club that Shinya will meet them!! They make awesome friends with my sim.

To answer your question, I do have a favorite sim and I have been playing him for almost three years now. The only changes to his appearance I have really made is the color of his eyes but I eventually found the perfect color of green eyes that didn't have too much yellow in them. I will change a few of his alternate outfits but I keep his main outfit as his signature outfit.

IiudUqL.png
    V20C3w4.png
    5ZeV7v2.png
    PXjjjyy.png

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited September 2017
    I have a single male sim I play often-- when playing a male ((I'm a guy but for some reason male sims aren't often for me as much fun to play with the life of... There's something seriously wrong with me :cold_sweat: One thing for a woman to enjoy playing with the life of a male but...))

About this (other sims I made from the beginning that I play with now and then-- just because they were my first abominations I created..)

WmRtWL9.jpg

Then he turned into more like this...

HgLyFom.jpg

And still not that much fun to play at all....
    There IS a difference... It's just slight...

I used to see a simmer on here who had in their siggy images of sims they made, and one was of Bruce Willis! There's the male sim I want to play with the life of :lol:

The sim in my image thingy is just a vampire I made but no interest in playing with...

Messing up simulated lives can be so much fun >:)

Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • Options
    vronnie67vronnie67 Posts: 64 Member
    I usually don't edit a Sim once I have started playing with them, but I have edited a few Sims before. The most common reason for editing them is because I had given them a trait that made them act a certain way that I didn't like. Like how the "Leader of the pack" trait makes the Sim need to constantly be social and if they aren't social often enough, they get sad and then I worry about them dying for sadness or just having a horrible life. So I choose to stay away from traits like that. I do wish there were more trait options. We really need more traits to choose from.
  • Options
    @GoddessSims Ooh, I remember! It still makes me excited to know that someone has my sims in their game. As you can see, his name did change too, which I forgot to mention earlier ahaha. Your sim's eyes are very nice. I've got a soft spot for green eyes :D

@Kilov17 I'm sure you'll come across making a sim that you'll enjoy playing! I also can't disagree about messing with their lives (as horrible as it sounds). I get bored and tend to do that once in a while, haha.

@vronnie67 I wish there were more traits, too, to be honest. I know there are mods for that, but I don't know how much more cc and mods my game would be able to take at this point. :D
    IMG-6587.gif
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    Yeah, my Simself I made on day one had a black shirt. Now he wears a red shirt 3 years later, he's very different these days.
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i have a couple of sims that have changed a lot, here's one.
    tumblr_ovsjxhBOIp1wuwrhxo1_1280.png
    1-3 are from the alpha skin dark ages. 4 is from last month i think and the last one is my most recent update of her.
    she's still ugly, unfortunately lol.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif