Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddler Neglected at Daycare?

So I noticed this issue while I was playing today and was wondering if anyone else had run into it:

My parent sims decided to take a night off and go to a gathering at the Discotheque Pan Europa Nightclub. They have 1 toddler and 1 child. When they left for the gathering, there was a notification that the toddler was sent to daycare. Toddler had all needs bars nearly full when they left. They come back 4-5 hours later, and the toddler comes back from daycare. Upon arrival home, the toddler is throwing a giant tantrum and mad at the world because its hunger and attention bars are bottomed out red, and I get a notification telling me I need to take care of toddlers because they are helpless.

Is this a glitch? Or intended? What is the point of the daycare if it can't actually care for the children? I feel like hunger and attention are the first needs that a daycare should be addressing.

Comments

• Options
    cfraser10cfraser10 Posts: 41 Member
    Forgot some stuff for bug reporting:

Occurred on the 1 save I have tried. I don't have toddlers on any other saves, and haven't tested on a new game yet. I use several mods, including MC Command Center, Stand Still in CAS, and custom content for CAS and build mode. I have GTW and Get Together Expansion packs. Issue started today, but I haven't played in a couple months, so that isn't really telling. Play on Windows 10.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Hello
    Try testing by seeing if the same thing occurs when the parents next go out and the toddler is sent to Daycare.
    What occured in your game shouldn't have occured.
  • Options
    DeboraKaeDeboraKae Posts: 176 Member
    cfraser10 wrote: »
    So I noticed this issue while I was playing today and was wondering if anyone else had run into it:

My parent sims decided to take a night off and go to a gathering at the Discotheque Pan Europa Nightclub. They have 1 toddler and 1 child. When they left for the gathering, there was a notification that the toddler was sent to daycare. Toddler had all needs bars nearly full when they left. They come back 4-5 hours later, and the toddler comes back from daycare. Upon arrival home, the toddler is throwing a giant tantrum and mad at the world because its hunger and attention bars are bottomed out red, and I get a notification telling me I need to take care of toddlers because they are helpless.

Is this a glitch? Or intended? What is the point of the daycare if it can't actually care for the children? I feel like hunger and attention are the first needs that a daycare should be addressing.

My toddler girl nearly starved to death! Not once did the 'daycare' feed her! I had to cut the date for Mommy and Daddy short, to get her from daycare and feed her. THAT cannot happen very much, I personally would go crazy! LOL
  • Options
    DeboraKae wrote: »

My toddler girl nearly starved to death! Not once did the 'daycare' feed her! I had to cut the date for Mommy and Daddy short, to get her from daycare and feed her. THAT cannot happen very much, I personally would go crazy! LOL

Hello.
    I am sorry that this issue has also occurred in your game. Is this the first time that this has happened? Has the toddler been okay other times at Daycare?
  • Options
    SimGuruNickSimGuruNick Posts: 384 SimGuru (retired)
    Is anyone still seeing this issue? A save file would be super helpful, thanks much!
  • Options
    futuresmcfuturesmc Posts: 2 New Member
    I swear this stinks. Not to mention, my sim is a single mom, yet her ex won't leave her house during the toddler years. This is helpful, but still, the little toddler girl gets sent to daycare were she starves or stinks in her own filth or my sim has to pay for a nanny when the dad is perfectly responsive to her needs. Drives me nuts. Why can't dad be the nanny? EA needs to fix this issue.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    futuresmc wrote: »
    I swear this stinks. Not to mention, my sim is a single mom, yet her ex won't leave her house during the toddler years. This is helpful, but still, the little toddler girl gets sent to daycare were she starves or stinks in her own filth or my sim has to pay for a nanny when the dad is perfectly responsive to her needs. Drives me nuts. Why can't dad be the nanny? EA needs to fix this issue.

Hello
    You may like to share your save game file with SimGuruNick .
    To send your save file to SimGuruNick, zip your save folder into a zip folder, then upload the zip folder to Dropbox , mediafire or google drive, then post on his wallthe link to the folder that you have uploaded.
    Because you are a new member, you can't post links, but you can break up the adress code by typing h.t.t.p instead. Then the link can be posted.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I hate rabbit hole stuff in this game.
    Becuse there's nothing there to feed or change them.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Alyssa7162Alyssa7162 Posts: 6 New Member
    My friend was playing on my computer in her world the other day and she sent her toddlers to day care and she calls me over to show her that they aren't feeding her daughter at daycare haha! And today I experienced it myself, my sims had to go to work and the toddlers came home from daycare angry. I also found an issue with the nanny and found that instead of taking care of my child she was cleaning my house and trying to fix a broken doll house? Luckily my son got home from school to feed the toddler! Don't know if my certain nanny was just glitched
  • Options
    Alyssa7162 wrote: »
    My friend was playing on my computer in her world the other day and she sent her toddlers to day care and she calls me over to show her that they aren't feeding her daughter at daycare haha! And today I experienced it myself, my sims had to go to work and the toddlers came home from daycare angry. I also found an issue with the nanny and found that instead of taking care of my child she was cleaning my house and trying to fix a broken doll house? Luckily my son got home from school to feed the toddler! Don't know if my certain nanny was just glitched

Helo
    I am sorry that when the toddlers that are in you and your friend's games went to daycare , they returned hungry and /or angry. Try testing to see if the same thing occurs when the toddler next goes to daycare.
    It would be good to test to also see if your nanny does the same thing the next time that your sim and the son goes to work and school.
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member

You can not trust Nannys anymore. I had two toddlers, I was playing a single daddy, so after he got his toddlers potty trained. he needed a break so decided to call for a nanny and have dinner out. he called one of the New male nannies. (at the time they were new)
    went to a restaurant and ordered dinner. before the dinner arrived looking down he saw the pictures of his toddlers all in red, (their needs were in green when he left them). so he just left the restaurant and went back home.

On his arrival home, his toddlers were in red for dirty and for eating very low . so he had to feed them fast.
    Worst it was no nanny on the lot. And the daddy had even spoken to the nanny before he left.
    after putting them in the high chair and feeding the toddlers,
    Now comes the nanny back into the house and sits at the tv and then speaks like all was well.? It was a small lot and I could see him returning from the street.
    So now I do not use Nanny's for toddlers, only for kids, and Teens when the teens live without a parent.
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    LauraMSimLauraMSim Posts: 88 Member
    > @Stormsview said:
    > cfraser10 wrote: »
    >
    > So I noticed this issue while I was playing today and was wondering if anyone else had run into it:
    >
    > My parent sims decided to take a night off and go to a gathering at the Discotheque Pan Europa Nightclub. They have 1 toddler and 1 child. When they left for the gathering, there was a notification that the toddler was sent to daycare. Toddler had all needs bars nearly full when they left. They come back 4-5 hours later, and the toddler comes back from daycare. Upon arrival home, the toddler is throwing a giant tantrum and mad at the world because its hunger and attention bars are bottomed out red, and I get a notification telling me I need to take care of toddlers because they are helpless.
    >
    > Is this a glitch? Or intended? What is the point of the daycare if it can't actually care for the children? I feel like hunger and attention are the first needs that a daycare should be addressing.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You can not trust Nannys anymore. I had two toddlers, I was playing a single daddy, so after he got his toddlers potty trained. he needed a break so decided to call for a nanny and have dinner out. he called one of the New male nannies. (at the time they were new)
    > went to a restaurant and ordered dinner. before the dinner arrived looking down he saw the pictures of his toddlers all in red, (their needs were in green when he left them). so he just left the restaurant and went back home.
    >
    > On his arrival home, his toddlers were in red for dirty and for eating very low . so he had to feed them fast.
    > Worst it was no nanny on the lot. And the daddy had even spoken to the nanny before he left.
    > after putting them in the high chair and feeding the toddlers,
    > Now comes the nanny back into the house and sits at the tv and then speaks like all was well.? It was a small lot and I could see him returning from the street.
    > So now I do not use Nanny's for toddlers, only for kids, and Teens when the teens live without a parent.

Same happened to me once. I have two working parents, 1 teen, two kids, and 1 toddler. Parents went to work (mom to retail and dad to the police station) left kids with nanny, was with mom when I noticed the toddler was in the red. I went home real quick and the nanny was gone. Came back as soon as my sim did. I put the toddler into daycare. Has been fine since.
    Sims 4 console player, former PC player.
    Waiting for all packs to go on console.
  • Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Sorry for the necro, but this is still happening all the way in December. My toddler sim came back from daycare with her hungry, social, fun and energy bars all in the red. which is funny cause when my sim went out (single parent household) the toddler's needs were all green.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options
    Sorry for the necro, but this is still happening all the way in December. My toddler sim came back from daycare with her hungry, social, fun and energy bars all in the red. which is funny cause when my sim went out (single parent household) the toddler's needs were all green.

Hello
    Does this occur each time that she goes to Daycare or did it just happen the last time that she went to Daycare ?
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    Does this occur each time that she goes to Daycare or did it just happen the last time that she went to Daycare ?

Yes, this has happened three times with the single parent household and two times with a big family, and not only that, but I've had the nanny leave the lot only to come back when the parents return home.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options

Hello

Yes, this has happened three times with the single parent household and two times with a big family, and not only that, but I've had the nanny leave the lot only to come back when the parents return home.

Hello
    Try moving your mods folder to the desktop and testing the issue. If the same thing occurs when the toddler comes back from daycare, you may like to share your save game file with SimGuruNick, like he posted earlier in this thread .
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15587881/#Comment_15587881
  • Options

Hello

Hello
    Try moving your mods folder to the desktop and testing the issue. If the same thing occurs when the toddler comes back from daycare, you may like to share your save game file with SimGuruNick, like he posted earlier in this thread .

This was happening before I installed MCC.
  • Options

Hello

Hello

You may like to share your save file with SimGuruNick like he posted in the earlier post.
  • Options

Hello

Hello

You may like to share your save file with SimGuruNick like he posted in the earlier post.

How do I do that?
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Hello

Hello

How do I do that?

This link explains how to send save files
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065302
    You can pm him the link to the save file in a pm message, and explain in the pm what has been occurring in your game,
  • Options
    james64468james64468 Posts: 1,276 Member

Hello

Hello

There always been problem with the nanny since it been out. With or without mods. Sadly I don't have any hard drive space on this computer to reinstall Sims 4 to test it.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yes I have this bug too.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Hello
    For simmers who are having this issue, you may like to start a new thread on the AHQ EA site and post feedback on the issue. Other simmers can also post feedback on the issue on the thread also.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Options
    mimlandmimland Posts: 22 Member
    So had my first child in sims 4 the other day and I'm really losing it over the nanny/daycare/at home parent thing. I usually join one of my sims for work (she is a doctor) and the first time I just left the house knowing the other parent should be around for most of the time and thought that it wouldn't be so bad if the kid got sent to daycare for an hour or two. Got one very red toddler back, hunger, sleep, attention and bladder was all pretty much at the bottom and was a pain to get it all up to acceptable levels considering the poor bugger was dead on his feet. The next day I decided to hire a nanny, which didn't work out any better. She showed up and I went to work and got home to a raging angry toddler with pretty much everything in the red. Ok I thought the doctor makes a lot of money we can do with one income (the other one kept coming home from work bored anyway). Left the little one at home with a parent with 5 parenting skill and family-oriented traid and got home to...a very angry toddler with pretty much everything in the reds.

So one of the parents got the soulmate aspiration and got earn two silver dates with the spouse thing. So I hire a nanny and takes my sims on a dinner date and guess what not only do I get a very angry toddler, it has also been sent to daycare.... Why do I have the option to hire a nanny, I know she showed up because I talked to her before leaving, if the kid is still gonna be sent to daycare and raving mad when I get him back.
  • Options
    mimland wrote: »
    So had my first child in sims 4 the other day and I'm really losing it over the nanny/daycare/at home parent thing. I usually join one of my sims for work (she is a doctor) and the first time I just left the house knowing the other parent should be around for most of the time and thought that it wouldn't be so bad if the kid got sent to daycare for an hour or two. Got one very red toddler back, hunger, sleep, attention and bladder was all pretty much at the bottom and was a pain to get it all up to acceptable levels considering the poor bugger was dead on his feet. The next day I decided to hire a nanny, which didn't work out any better. She showed up and I went to work and got home to a raging angry toddler with pretty much everything in the red. Ok I thought the doctor makes a lot of money we can do with one income (the other one kept coming home from work bored anyway). Left the little one at home with a parent with 5 parenting skill and family-oriented traid and got home to...a very angry toddler with pretty much everything in the reds.

So one of the parents got the soulmate aspiration and got earn two silver dates with the spouse thing. So I hire a nanny and takes my sims on a dinner date and guess what not only do I get a very angry toddler, it has also been sent to daycare.... Why do I have the option to hire a nanny, I know she showed up because I talked to her before leaving, if the kid is still gonna be sent to daycare and raving mad when I get him back.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.
    You may like to start a new thread on the AHQ EA site and use the bug template there to post feedback on the issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs