Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    @rosemow This thread is very helpful in getting one's own problems into perspective as my problems pale into insignificance when I read some of the later messages on here. I couldn't even start to give advice. I hope everybody manages to get through them ok.

Having bought a whole month's worth of food and treats for my late pet, I took them to the local dog's home from whence he came and they were very happy to receive them. Life goes on.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »
    @rosemow This thread is very helpful in getting one's own problems into perspective as my problems pale into insignificance when I read some of the later messages on here. I couldn't even start to give advice. I hope everybody manages to get through them ok.

Having bought a whole month's worth of food and treats for my late pet, I took them to the local dog's home from whence he came and they were very happy to receive them. Life goes on.

Hello @Mchap353
    There are no greater or lesser problems and issues that people are experiencing , just different ones. They are all very concerning and upsetting to the people who are needing to endure through them. We care when people are going through hard times that are causing them distress, whatever the problem or issue may be. It is awful when people are hurting, and are in pain, whether physically, mentally, outwardly or inwardly.
    It is very special, kind and thoughtful of you to take the food and treats to the local dog's home <3 They would have been so appreciative .
  • Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    i'm so sorry, @Shylloww! :'(

hiya @Mchap353, don't say that... your problems are in no way insignificant.
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    Mchap353 wrote: »

As has been said above, please don't try to compare your problems to others as if they mean something to you, they're important. So many times I've considered my own problems as insignificant and then had a friend tell me that they felt their problems were insignificant compared to mine, when I felt the complete opposite. It's all relative and subjective. Your problems and feelings matter, regardless of if others 'have it worse' or not.
  • Options
    minimeg2425minimeg2425 Posts: 144 Member
    I need help dealing with my anxiety and depression but I don't know where to look. I'm twenty-six years old, I have a full-time job, but my health insurance won't kick in for another couple months. I'm broke AF because I'm basically the only one in my household working (my boyfriend is also dealing with his own form of depression and can barely manage to drag himself to work) so I can't exactly afford to go see anyone until my health insurance kicks in.

But I'm desperate. I've gotten to the point where the only thing I can manage to do is drag myself out of bed every morning to get myself to work. I've lost all interest in things I used to love. I'm now breaking out in adult acne because of the stress, anxiety, and depression I've been dealing with (I know it's not due to diet, makeup, or hormones because I'm vegan/ I eat really healthy, I rarely ever wear makeup, and I take BC). Also, I'm too proud to admit to anyone that I feel the way I do because I don't want to burden them with my feelings! It's so frustrating. Even now, I'm trying to be a little bit funny because I don't want you all to worry about me or feel bad about me! Something has to give. I can't keep feeling this way.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    @minimeg2425, i'm so sorry you feel this way. you are not a burden, and i'm sure your friends will think the same. and i think you won't be "admitting" to anything--it's not a crime or a weakness to feel the way you do. also, i hope you and your boyfriend can keep each other afloat until you can afford to see a professional. but anytime you feel like talking, even if it's to a stranger, please, send me a message.

also... just like you drag yourself to work every morning (which i have to say is positive, because it helps your mind focus on something else--i know i've used it for that) please drag yourself to do something, anything, that you used to love. IMO, that love is still there even if you can't focus on it right now. whatever you enjoy, please do it. i'm not trying to assume anything about what will work (or not) for you. perhaps it will feel like going through the motions for some time. but it's like a lifeline. i just see it as something to hold on to. *hug*
  • Options
    I need help dealing with my anxiety and depression but I don't know where to look, I have a full-time job, but my health insurance won't kick in for another couple months. I'm broke plum because I'm basically the only one in my household working (my boyfriend is also dealing with his own form of depression and can barely manage to drag himself to work) so I can't exactly afford to go see anyone until my health insurance kicks in.

But I'm desperate. I've gotten to the point where the only thing I can manage to do is drag myself out of bed every morning to get myself to work. I've lost all interest in things I used to love. I'm now breaking out in adult acne because of the stress, anxiety, and depression I've been dealing with (I know it's not due to diet, makeup, or hormones because I'm vegan/ I eat really healthy, I rarely ever wear makeup, and I take BC). Also, I'm too proud to admit to anyone that I feel the way I do because I don't want to burden them with my feelings! It's so frustrating. Even now, I'm trying to be a little bit funny because I don't want you all to worry about me or feel bad about me! Something has to give. I can't keep feeling this way.

Hello @minimeg2425
    I send big hugs to you <3 It is not nice that you are enduring through depression, anxiety and stress. It would be affecting your mind and body. It would help you if you talked over how you are feeling with a family member or friends or a fellow staff employee . They wouldn't feel that you were burdening them with your feelings. It would be helpful for them to understand what you are going through to better support you and caringly help you. Talking over how you are feeling with someone else can be beneficial . It is an opportunity to put into words how you are feeling and work through the thoughts and anxieties that you have. There may be a government support counselling service or a counsellor attached to a community centre or hospital that you can access for free counselling services. It would be a good idea to look at support services that are available where you live.
    Try getting as much sleep as you can . Sleeping is a way of renewing your mind and body, from the effects that anxiety can take on your health.
    It would be also beneficial to see a doctor to have blood tests to see if there is an underlying medical condition that is causing you to feel how you are feeling. Your Vitamin D levels may be low, which can cause you to feel quite anxious, tired and depressed.
    I send more hugs to you <3
  • Options
    samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    I need help dealing with my anxiety and depression but I don't know where to look. I'm twenty-six years old, I have a full-time job, but my health insurance won't kick in for another couple months. I'm broke plum because I'm basically the only one in my household working (my boyfriend is also dealing with his own form of depression and can barely manage to drag himself to work) so I can't exactly afford to go see anyone until my health insurance kicks in.

I second what has been said above. I don't know what country you're in and what your options are, but there are often free counselling services available to people either through charities, government funded schemes or work. Might be worth doing a bit of searching to see what's available to you. Might also help to mention it to your boss - as I said some workplaces have counselling schemes or at least helplines, and even if they don't it can help to have your boss aware of the situation (assuming they're a pretty understanding boss of course) as that way they can do their part to help you out at work.
  • Options
    minimeg2425minimeg2425 Posts: 144 Member
    @fewlines
    Oh my gosh, yes. That is exactly what my job is for me. Like, I count my blessings that I have a full-time job because without it I would be so lost. Like, I need to do something. If I were to just sit around the house I would be in such a worse mental state than I am in now. And I'm trying to push myself to do the things I used to love. Like, I used to write stories and I'm trying to get back into that. Sims and video games were always so fun for me and I love baking (but going vegan is kind of why that stopped too. Like, vegan baking supplies are a little ridiculous XD).

@rosemow
    Thank you rosemow. I remember your comments from the Sims 3 forums. You are so uplifting and positive, I love seeing your posts. I know I am vitamin D deficient so I take supplements for that. And I do try and sleep as much as I can. Sleep is very important to me. But talking about my problems is something that I've always struggled with. I've just always felt like, they're my problems. If I can't deal with them on my own then why should I expect someone else to help me? But I know that's such wrong thinking.

My boyfriend's sister also deals with depression and I know she's gotten help even though she doesn't have health insurance. It just goes back to me not wanting to talk to her about it because I don't want her to know that I'm not this super bubbly person I pretend to be.

@samemie
    I live in the US and I know there's a government service not too far away from where I live but I don't know how much it would cost to go see them. I am struggling to pay my bills as it is. But like I mentioned to rosemow, I just need to get over myself and talk with my boyfriend's sister about what she did to help her depression.

Thank you all so much for your kindness and advice. I just felt like I needed to talk to someone.
  • Options
    that's pretty awesome, @minimeg2425. start a blog for your stories, perhaps?
  • Options
    Hello @minimeg2425
    It would be good if you could talk over with your boyfriend 's sister about her depression. I know that you feel a little uncomfortable about it, but she would have empathy for you as she knows how you are feeling because of her own mental health issues. Try not to feel that you need to always keep how you are feeling to yourself, Other people are often very caring when sharing how you feel and will often share that they too have had times like that, and will help you in your struggles. A listening ear helps.
    I hope that the story writing goes very well :)
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,761 Member
    I'm just ticked off with my Dad at the moment. I know he's just trying to help but it's still annoying Two days in a row he opened a window which is difficult for me to access to close it. Right infront of where I sit w/ my computer there are 2 windows one on the left and one on the right-well because of all the stuff on the right side of my desk (many-purpose container, tissue, life-saver container, cordless phone, lamp and many, many books-its makes it diffcult for me to reach over everything to get the right window to close and Mom refuses to tell him to stop opening it.

On another subject I was at Bible Camp (14th year of helping) and we have a custodian there well last year and on Friday our custodian has a habit of turning the fans off (around 2007 during our sanctuary-we got rid of the ceiling fans and ever since in the summer had to use normal fans) and the windows closed when people are still in the Sanctuary doing a bit of "work"- for me either dealing with pew pockets or deaing with PAR cards or for other dealing with re-arranging the set up of the "stage" items which was part of our "set" during Bible Camp for Bible Camp Sunday (today).
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I'm just ticked off with my Dad at the moment. I know he's just trying to help but it's still annoying Two days in a row he opened a window which is difficult for me to access to close it. Right infront of where I sit w/ my computer there are 2 windows one on the left and one on the right-well because of all the stuff on the right side of my desk (many-purpose container, tissue, life-saver container, cordless phone, lamp and many, many books-its makes it diffcult for me to reach over everything to get the right window to close and Mom refuses to tell him to stop opening it.

On another subject I was at Bible Camp (14th year of helping) and we have a custodian there well last year and on Friday our custodian has a habit of turning the fans off (around 2007 during our sanctuary-we got rid of the ceiling fans and ever since in the summer had to use normal fans) and the windows closed when people are still in the Sanctuary doing a bit of "work"- for me either dealing with pew pockets or deaing with PAR cards or for other dealing with re-arranging the set up of the "stage" items which was part of our "set" during Bible Camp for Bible Camp Sunday (today).

Hello @MadameLee
    Perhaps you could explain to your Dad that you find it hard to access and close the window, and that you would prefer that it wasn't open. Or you could ask him if he would close it for you.
    I hope that the Bible Camp week went well. :) It is very kind of you to help with the setting up and closing down of it.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello @MadameLee
    Perhaps you could explain to your Dad that you find it hard to access and close the window, and that you would prefer that it wasn't open. Or you could ask him if he would close it for you.
    I hope that the Bible Camp week went well. :) It is very kind of you to help with the setting up and closing down of it.

@rosemow Mom just told me to get over it with the business about Dad

@rosemow you misunderstand what I was talking about in regards with Bible Camp-yes Mom&I helped with putting the stuff up and taking the stuff down TODAY. |But Friday-today the Bible Camp "set" stayed up until today but because some of the church related stuff (podium, candle table) had to be put back UP on the stage some of the other BC Set had to be moved around-I didn't help with that part.. the office admin and I were busy doing PAR cards or before that I was putting 6 pew pockets pack that office admin had to take out because the Campers had been playing w/ them earlier.

Sr7NtDy.jpg <doing Bible Camp but on Friday the ticket booth had to be moved to the other side of the stage to make room for podium, etc

U8q4T51.jpg <-imagine the podium on the right side instead of the left-during the summer monthss on the steps leading up to the stage we have two normal fans going and on the last day of camp after all the campers (and MOST of the youth) have left-the custodian turns the two fans off despite people having to re-arrange the "set" or do something else in the santurcary which is really annoying-especially more so last year when I was fixing up the ENTIRE church pew pockets
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Hello @MadameLee
    I am sorry that there was the issue with the Custodian turning the fans off at that time. It would have been quite warm for people still left there . I hope that it won't occur again the next time that Bible Camp is held.
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    Now I'm currently ticked off because as part of Bible Camp's leftovers from the youths' lunches we brought home garlic bread (and a bunch of other items) I HAD planned to use the garlic bread for Friday's supper but because Dad got some freaking corn it's 2 days in a row of corn Mom INSISTED on changing the plan and have corn only-and corn isn't as good as garlic bread when it comes to Pasta dishes. So I'm having a fit about having a 3rd day of corn-and Mom told me to shut my mouth about supper (and then asked me a question-how you told me to shut my mouth and then asked about how many pieces of garlic bread?) since if I didn't shut my mouth I can't go to (D) next Saturday.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Now I'm currently ticked off because as part of Bible Camp's leftovers from the youths' lunches we brought home garlic bread (and a bunch of other items) I HAD planned to use the garlic bread for Friday's supper but because Dad got some freaking corn it's 2 days in a row of corn Mom INSISTED on changing the plan and have corn only-and corn isn't as good as garlic bread when it comes to Pasta dishes. So I'm having a fit about having a 3rd day of corn-and Mom told me to shut my mouth about supper (and then asked me a question-how you told me to shut my mouth and then asked about how many pieces of garlic bread?) since if I didn't shut my mouth I can't go to (D) next Saturday.

Hello
    Although you are feeling upset that you are having corn three days running, it may be best to just have the meal and try not to think about the garlic bread. You would be hurting inside whilst feeling upset, and it will cause you distress when eating the meal.
    You will enjoy your meal a little bit better that way.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    Although you are feeling upset that you are having corn three days running, it may be best to just have the meal and try not to think about the garlic bread. You would be hurting inside whilst feeling upset, and it will cause you distress when eating the meal.
    You will enjoy your meal a little bit better that way.

I just wish we could have had both GARLIC bread AND corn on Friday just to start eating the garlic bread because it was made on Thursday and today's Sunday (I don't give a care that it's in tin foil wrap).
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    coogiekelpcoogiekelp Posts: 605 Member
    @luvdasims55 Aw, I'm so sorry for your loss. <3 I hope everything works out. I'm here for you! :) *hugs*
    Challenges completed: none yet :(
  • Options
    UnrealRootUnrealRoot Posts: 307 Member
    edited July 2017
    I am not really going through a tough time but more of a problem many encounter.
    I really want to lose weight (all in a healthy way) and I decided to really do it this time by eating more healthy foods and drinking more water instead of things like tropical juice and exercising daily.

I know through that this will be difficult like with most people I tend to get lazy :neutral: So I wanted to post this here as a start and to post here once per week to not give up and have the feeling that I need to continue because saying I got lazy would be embarrassing!

My goal is to reach around 50-60kg (healthy for my height! I am really short lol) so this won't continue on forever.

I guess I find my laziness a problem in a way and really felt this thread could help me.
  • Options
    UnrealRoot wrote: »
    I am not really going through a tough time but more of a problem many encounter.
    I really want to lose weight (all in a healthy way) and I decided to really do it this time by eating more healthy foods and drinking more water instead of things like tropical juice and exercising daily.

I know through that this will be difficult like with most people I tend to get lazy :neutral: So I wanted to post this here as a start and to post here once per week to not give up and have the feeling that I need to continue because saying I got lazy would be embarrassing!

My goal is to reach around 60kg (healthy for my height! I am really short lol) so this won't continue on forever.

I guess I find my laziness a problem in a way and really felt this thread could help me.

Hello @UnrealRoot
    It is a good approach to losing weight, by eating more healthy foods and drinking more water . It is a natural and sustainable way of losing the weight . It would also be good to accompany it by going for a walk each day. Walking is very beneficial for the health of both your mind and body, and can be incorporated quite well into your daily routine.
    I hope that your plan to lose weight goes well! We will be here encouraging you on as you eat more healthier food, and will look forward to reading in a week's time how this coming week went :) Sending a hug to you <3
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    @xiPopTartzx thanks! all the hugs and kind words have been very helpful! really appreciated. :)

@UnrealRoot losing weight is a really tough challenge to take on. i think because we want instant success with what took a long time to add on. sounds like you have awesome goals. change of diet and exercise will be a great help. stick with it!
  • Options
    @UnrealRoot, it's great if you want to lose weight for health reasons. do you enjoy walking or dancing? what one of my co-workers does is go walking as fast as she can go without it turning into a jog or a run. she says it's more exercise than she originally thought it was! (and it's free! haha.)
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Hi everyone, thanks for all your support. For those of you who have facebook will know that I made a very hard decision yesterday. My heart is still broken, but with all the help I am getting now phycologist, destress course, depression medicine and gp assistance I need to start concentrating on me and my family. I have now deactivated my facebook and the group, it was very difficult to do but I am hoping to start healing now, this could go on for years, especially if that John Doe could have been my brother, we will never know, answers might never been given. Here is my post I posted, would like to thank all of you who shared his posters and all of you who has just always been here for me, I appreciate each one of you very much <3
    0fPN8yt.png

ps sorry if I don't comment much, just a lot of turmoil happening now
  • Options
    fizzlegigfizzlegig Posts: 88 Member
    @mcrudd I'm so sorry for you and your family xo <3 <3
    Origin ID: igrog71
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top