Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Walls down or up?

Im watching people stream play the game, see screenshots, gameplay videos... and they all have their walls in the default "the front walls are always invisible". And my walls are always up because I decorate my walls and I like to see it.

Am I the only one with the walls fully up? Or is there something special to walls down feature that Im missing?

Comments

• Options
    Hadron1776Hadron1776 Posts: 330 Member
    I always play with walls cutaway. I want to see what I'm doing with my sims :)
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I can't play with the walls up. At least not all of them. I don't know how people do.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 910 Member
    I try to play with the walls up because I'd like to see my decor and my ceiling even, but they are just always in my way. So it's only a matter of minutes before I switch back to the cutaway option.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    I play with the middle option, front walls down. For screenshots I make sure the walls are up. I like to decorate walls too, but I rotate the house a lot so most of the time I see them when the view changes... although I prefer decorating the walls that are visible to me, because some of them are always down.
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    I play with the cut away walls (front walls down, back walls up) unless I'm taking screenshots or decorating.
  • Options
    AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I go for the cutaway option, it means that everything is easier to see.
  • Options
    ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    I tend to switch between cutaway and down. The only time walls are up is when I'm decorating for screenshots. :)
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Cutaway when I'm playing. Up when I'm building/taking screenshots.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Cutaway walls for me. Walls up is too much of a hindrance to my gameplay. I can't see my sims properly. I do put them up for pictures but otherwise it's cutaway
  • Options
    lisken0221lisken0221 Posts: 116 Member
    I like playing with the walls up so I design my houses with open concepts. Only bedrooms and bathrooms have walls.
  • Options
    sekojranasekojrana Posts: 107 Member
    I always play with walls up, I cant stand having them cutaway at all. I usually design my houses so the camera can pan around in them well, so I dont have to use cutaway.
  • Options
    AnduarAnduar Posts: 156 Member
    I play cutaway. I have to maneuver too much to see my sims when I use my normal angle. I don't like playing top down.
    Cutaway is a nice middle for me.
  • Options
    BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    I like to see my walls but some of the rooms are so small that it's virtually impossible so I tend to use the cutaway option more
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I play with cutaway but walls up for screenshots.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    RainingRosesRainingRoses Posts: 19 New Member
    I usually play with walls cutaway. I only play with walls up depending on the house. Sometimes it just gets in the way.
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    The scientist place, in GTW, what's it called? The lab? I would love to play with the walls up there. But I can't see, especially down the hallway. I really like the way it's made. I couldn't believe what I was missing out on when I put the walls up the first time. Even using wallls cutaway, you miss out on so much
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Walls all the way down always. I don't even put things on my walls because I know I won't even see them. If I didn't need the day light to shine through I wouldn't even have windows lol.
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i mostly play on cutway, but sometimes i switch to walls up and just watch my sims/take screenshots, or just appreciate my decorating..
    i can't play walls down, it looks ugly.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    The scientist place, in GTW, what's it called? The lab? I would love to play with the walls up there. But I can't see, especially down the hallway. I really like the way it's made. I couldn't believe what I was missing out on when I put the walls up the first time. Even using wallls cutaway, you miss out on so much
    I have no trouble seeing everything. I even decorated the walls more because they are so empty and dull.
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    I also play with the walls up for the same reason. :) I used to play cutaway, but then I started vigorously taking screenshots and it looks distracting in cutaway imo. :s
  • Options
    Claret1011Claret1011 Posts: 297 Member
    Always cutaway outside of build mode.
  • Options
    MelsieYTMelsieYT Posts: 289 Member
    If I'm taking screenshots then the walls are completely up. When it comes to actual gameplay, it depends on what I'm doing. If things are particularly chaotic then I'll get annoyed by the walls being in my way and I'll put them down. About 75% of the time they remain up however, for the same reason as a lot of people: I like to see my decor.
  • Options
    FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 703 Member
    Mostly cutaway.
  • Options
    ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Cutaway unless my house has big rooms.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • Options
    SparklePlumleySparklePlumley Posts: 1,061 Member
    edited June 2017
    Zasz wrote: »
    I have no trouble seeing everything. I even decorated the walls more because they are so empty and dull.

I'm talking about the way the lab is made. Like around the invention constructor and the chemical analizer. They are sectioned off, and I think there are windows there too. If in cutaway mode, you don't see this. It just looks like one big room.