Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EPs / GPs / SPs you regret buying?

Comments

• Options
    KellyMegan_KellyMegan_ Posts: 11 New Member
    Romantic Garden stuff
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited May 2017
    I feel like the spooky stuff pack is pretty useless, like there's only one day of the year your sims will whip out those pumpkin carving skills

There are some cool build mode assets -- some nice wallpapers and a worn-looking wood floor that works well for older builds (Victorians and the like). And I like the recipes that came along with it -- Spooky Cookies, Zombie Cake and Cheese Eyeballs -- and with Parenthood I expect to get more use out of them. (Hmmm, haven't tested to see if you can put birthday candles on a Zombie Cake yet...that would make a cool birthday cake idea!) There are also the paintings that supposedly "change" at night -- I haven't witnessed that yet. Now that we've got the cobwebs in the Vampire pack the fake ones in Spooky Stuff are sort of tacky looking so I don't use them anymore.
    Romantic Garden stuff

Funny, I use the plants from that pack the most, and in my current save my Sim found his soulmate courtesy of the Wishing Well. I also like the fountain for park builds; I replaced the fountain in the Willow Creek big park with the one from Romantic Garden. I'm hoping if we get Seasons that playing in the fountain will be a good way to cool off on a hot day, and if Pets are on the horizon that dogs can jump around in the fountain (cats are way too dignified for that sort of juvenile behavior). B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    lilacstreetwayslilacstreetways Posts: 239 Member
    mine has to be outdoor retreat .... don't actually travel to the place no more and I don't really use the items
    LilacStreetWays
    AKA LilacSimmerUK
    varg6b2qcx57.png
  • Options
    FleReignFleReign Posts: 55 Member
    I most regret Get Together. I really wish I hadn't bought it, which is interesting because I think I hesitated before buying it in the first place. I might use the outfits and stuff that came with it but I don't particularly care for clubs and after a certain point in my plays I stop going dancing. I could have done without the pack.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I feel like (for me at least) the regret isn't so much related to the pack itself, but instead:

- having spent money that, let's face it quite a few of us have to check whether we can afford to buy whichever pack, and some of us basically can't afford it yet buy it anyway, only to hardly use its contents.
    - adding more stuff having the effect of placing more of a demand on your computer unless you've got a really good one, again to hardly use the pack contents

Basically less available funds for, frankly more important things in life + heavier burden on computer you play on all for pack/s that hardly get used. That's how I see it anyway.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    lmusiclmusic Posts: 288 Member
    I really don't play Vampires, I find it really boring and time consuming to keep them out of the light and topped up with blood packs.
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    All those packs I bought for my ex-friend. Other than that, absolutely none!
  • Options
    JouvayJouvay Posts: 834 Member
    I don't regret any of my purchases. I'm in the Latin american region- sp's are 6.99 and gp's are 12.99 , and they dip to 9.99 when origin has a sale. I've paid more on coffee than I have a single stuff pack which I may use for the items in a build or for gameplay purposes. That doesn't mean I haven't been disappointed though - luxury party stuff was underwhelming and patio stuff annoyed me as I felt hot tubs should be in the base game with patio stuff providing different styles of tubs ( like sunken tubs)
  • Options
    KnoxhoodKnoxhood Posts: 266 Member
    I really regret buying that bowling pack.. felt like it was incredibly pointless and I never use any of the stuff out of it.
    EA ID: Knoxhood
    VzZNxCw.gif
    PC Specs: Corsair 760T Black Case, Intel core i7 6700K CPU, Asus ROG Maximus VIII Hero Mobo, MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition, 64GB DDR4 Geil 2400MHz RAM, 2x 240GB HyperX Savage & Samsung 850 EVO SSDs, 9TB WD Red HDDs, ID-COOLING FrostFlow 240L Red LED CPU cooling,750W PSU.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Knoxhood wrote: »
    I really regret buying that bowling pack.. felt like it was incredibly pointless and I never use any of the stuff out of it.

I love the furniture in that pack though - especially the chairs :D but yeh it's a bit specific :)
  • Options
    StoneNumber7StoneNumber7 Posts: 199 Member
    I don't use a lot of stuff from different packs but I don't mind having it in my game... in Sims 3 the game lagged when I put too many expansions or packs but Sims 4 so far I have all and no lag.... but I do wish I could do something about the vampires instead of having to have garlic on every house
  • Options
    MarmarSimsMarmarSims Posts: 183 Member
    I regret buying Get Together, at first it was fun; because of the new world and club features. But after a few days it kinda bores me out :\
    30uejra.jpg
    Origin: maritakoyaki
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I don't know if I regret it, but GTW and Outdoors retreat for me.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    AngelEb95AngelEb95 Posts: 1,538 Member
    Get To Work.
    attack-on-titan-attack-on-titan-s4.gif
  • Options
    FluorescentSoapFluorescentSoap Posts: 1,472 Member
    I don't regret buying any just that i don't really use Maxis furniture etc xd so it's more for the features that I buy them.
    tumblr_inline_oqdvr8Z3jV1qbd7br_540.gif
    ⌠ Team Holy Hêll ⌡ [Currently playing TS4]
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Well, I claimed to regret Outdoor Retreat. I'm retracting that claim. While I still don't use the 'vacation spot' (I don't like camping in real life and apparently I'm not more thrilled with it in pretend life either) I'd have bought it even knowing now what I didn't know then. I'm an addict. I must throw my dollars at EA and get all the things there are to get. Its a sickness. I must feed it. :D That said, I use some of the hairs and clothing all the time and just didn't realize it was from that pack. My kid sims camped in the back yard yesterday. That was fun. So, no regrets after all.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    i regret wasting money on any video game, but i haven't felt let down by any of the packs i've purchased.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    MnemosurgeonMnemosurgeon Posts: 10 New Member
    So far I've enjoyed each pack I've purchased. Although I'll definitely admit I use some more than others. My least used so far is Outdoor Retreat, as my sims don't go vacationing that often. My most used are Vampires, Parenthood and City Living ones.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Although this is Sims 4, I now regret buying Sims 3 university as I could have gotten Sims 4 Parenting instead, but NOOOOO. :'( That's where my last $35 went.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I've found something to enjoy about all the packs so far, even if it's just the CAS parts. There's also plenty to dislike (Movie Hangout and City Living's clothing selection is downright hideous, IMO), but so far one hasn't outweighed the other.

Now, Sims 3? I regretted pretty much all of it except Generations, but Pets was the biggest annoyance for me (stray dogs kept dying on my lawn, and Sunset Valley was overrun with wild deer galloping down Main Street). Supernatural was a close second, what with the constant zombie attacks, and Island Paradise was only useful if I played in Isla Paradiso, which was a no-go for me, as I didn't want to sacrifice my legacy's relationships and family tree just so I could own a houseboat.

So when I decide how much enjoyment I get out of a TS4 pack, I just compare it to TS3. And so far TS4 is doing pretty well.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    I kinda use everything from each pack. If I don't use the build/buy items, I use something from CaS.

The only pack that I'm kinda "hm" about is Outdoor Retreat. I think I've taken my sims to Granite Falls like once? I also really don't like the "bears", but Get Together also added "raccoons" so meh. Then again, the bear from TS1 looked scary as well, haha.
  • Options
    PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member
    I'm realistic and pretty honest, so I usually CAN"T STAND when people say "no regrets", but in THIS particular case, I have to say "no regrets!" because I literally use something from every pack, be it gameplay, furniture, or hair/clothing every time I play! <3 But then again, while I usually never say "no regrets" I almost always say "variety is the spice of life" and "more is MORE!" LOL o:) If someone were to tell me that I had to give up one pack, I would have a hard time deciding on which one to give up. Granted, I don't have all the packs yet, but I WILL get them all sooner or later! But I've thoroughly enjoyed each pack for some reason or another! B)
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Options
    tiffrenee07tiffrenee07 Posts: 682 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    I've found something to enjoy about all the packs so far, even if it's just the CAS parts. There's also plenty to dislike (Movie Hangout and City Living's clothing selection is downright hideous, IMO), but so far one hasn't outweighed the other.

Now, Sims 3? I regretted pretty much all of it except Generations, but Pets was the biggest annoyance for me (stray dogs kept dying on my lawn, and Sunset Valley was overrun with wild deer galloping down Main Street). Supernatural was a close second, what with the constant zombie attacks, and Island Paradise was only useful if I played in Isla Paradiso, which was a no-go for me, as I didn't want to sacrifice my legacy's relationships and family tree just so I could own a houseboat.

So when I decide how much enjoyment I get out of a TS4 pack, I just compare it to TS3. And so far TS4 is doing pretty well.

With the Sims 3 Isla Paradiso, I was so happy when I discovered the mod that let's you travel to other worlds using World Adventures' system. That was genius!
  • Options
    GoodGrimGoodGrim Posts: 10 New Member
    Maybe regret TS4: Vampires, got in a bundle or TS4: Spa Day for Xbox One
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    All the add ons have features that are fun in some way. But I have at several times thought I could have spared myself Get Famous, and the constant prank calls from the premade celebrities; the jumping up and down at public places and drawing a crowd interrupting all actions cued. I like the clothes that come with the actor career, and the opportunity to take NPC's into CAS wih the special wardrobe, so I am not disabling the pack. I think the premade celebs will need to be a clean-up job for my mafia fixer though.