Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weakest game pack in your oppinion?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ZelkiiZelkii Posts: 39 Member
    1. Vampire is definitely # 1. It brought so much content and creativity into the game and it finally gave us more antique build and buy.
    2. Dine Out: I love Dine Out for the fact that I can now go to restaurants! I don't use any of the mechanics though and none of the CAS.
    3. Spa Day: I only use this for build and buy for its modern content in modern builds but nothing other than that.
    4. Outdoor Retreat: I dislike this pack and never use it. It got boring five minutes into my vacation and it didn't seem like there was any variety that merited a game pack.
  • Options
    tasmabeltasmabel Posts: 207 Member
    For me, they are all good (vampires is the obvious best), but Dine Out is the worst for me.

Buggy and I can't use my sim as the chef. It just flopped for me. Outdoor Retreat is awesome, but I still long for skill journals and achievements like in TS3 to flesh out the herbalism skill. I actually really enjoyed Spa Day, but I can agree that it's not exactly a proper GP. Still...

Dine Out is my least favorite.
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Vampires and outdoor retreat are at the top for me, can't choose which is my favourite out of them. I use the vampire game pack a lot more, but outdoor retreat is so different and fun, for me anyway.
    Spa day is next. It's nice and I like the items and clothing and game play, but I actually very rarely for to the spa in game. I could do without it but I do like it.
    Spa day.... I don't even really like it. Maybe it's because the restaurants don't room smoothly or because I'm not a huge fan of the items. I got it in one of those packs along with two other stuff packs so it was worth the price, but it's by far my least favourite.
    Im excited for parenting. I rarely play with families (more of a single Sim, rotational player), but I'm hoping the lack will change that :)
  • Options
    Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    1. Dine out
    2. Spa day
    3. Vampires
    4. Outdoor retreat

I use DO features the most as regardless what save I'm currently playing, my sims always eat out and I use the BB objects a lot. Next is Spa day...don't really bother to put spa venues in my game, but I like the pack for the BB objects. Vampires...not really a supernatural fan and all my sims tend to be human, so the pack doesn't really interest me and I barely make use of it though I like the CAS items. As for Outdoor retreat, I even forget I have that pack most times.
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited May 2017
    For me the weakest has to be outdoor retreat.
  • Options
    shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,088 Member
    edited May 2017
    Wow I love all the packs, even my least favorite but the order for me would be:

1. Dine Out
    2. Vampires
    3. Spa Day
    4. Outdoor Retreat

I really love spa day. I am kinda bummed to see people think there isn't much to it. My sims work hard and get tense a lot from work and sometimes it's nice to have them visit the spa for a massage or fancy bath. I don't use saunas in houses very much either so it is a great place for them to go and relax. I also love the yoga!
  • Options
    XxLunaxxXXxLunaxxX Posts: 17 Member
    Personally my favorite game packs are:
    1. Vampires
    2. Dine out
    3. Spa Day
    4. Outdoor retreat

4.I feel like outdoor retreat really doesn't offer much in terms of gameplay. I like the idea of holidays and i hope the sims can expand on that in the future, but i think that actual going on holiday part of outdoor retreat was kind of.. boring? I mean when you get on the holiday all your really do is walk around "hiking" Living in a house/campground and roasting marshmallows. (I do actually enjoy the camp fire options though) Clothes are mehhh, i like the variety of shoes but some are kinda ugly, but i guess that's to be expecting as they are camping clothes.

3.Spa day was decent, i get people may not like the lack of features but to be fair, what do you expect when you get a SPA pack? xD I like the clothes, i also use them for sports wear and i really like my sims visiting the spa. It gives your sims lots of emotions which is good for trying to get your sim in the right mood for work. I do agree that theres not alot to do apart from spa activities but i think its pretty decent for the money. I also think it should of come with an aspiration, to become like a a "yoga master" or something idk. The wellness skill is a good idea and i think the teleporting thing you can unlock is cool but again, thats pretty much it.

2. Dine out is really good in my opinion, the whole going out to a meal thing is really fun and i love how you can order stuff etc. I always thought it would be good to go out for dinner in the sims and i was surprised to see that it happend. The restaurant items are actually really nice and i think the whole concept of making and running a restaurant is really fun. The clothes are meh, they are mostly waiter clothes but then again, its a restaurant pack so there will obviously be those clothes. Overall i really enjoyed this pack.

1. I really didn't think the vampire one would be great, especially taking in mind the sims 3's vampires, werewolfs etc and how it has so many supernatural things. I was actually surprised at how enjoyable it was. I love creating a vampire and also transforming my sims into them. Their is a vampire lore skill which basically expands you knowledge on vampires when you read books and research online. The plasma thing is pretty cool, i like how you don't just have the option of getting it off sims but also plants, drinks and things. The world i was a bit disappointeed in as it was kind of small, but it wasn't an expansion pack to be fair so i guess it was pretty decent for the money. The items are very spooky and perfect for building spooky buildings. Theres just so many features in the pack that i adore, especially having vampires come round at night, i also love how you can evolve your vampire and choose the powers and weaknesses.

Again, this is my personal preference but all the packs have positives and negatives to take in mind. :)
  • Options
    tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    I heavily contemplated buying vampires. I have never played with supernatural in the past as I am just not that kind of player. Vampires looks so well done. It makes me super excited for game packs in the future. Even though I've never played vampires, I am so impressed with it

1. Dine out ( I use this one the most)
    2. Vampires (it looks awesome just not for me)
    3. Spa day (eh, the CAS stuff and objects are cute)
    4. Outdoor retreat (I rarely use this one)
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    While I enjoy all of the GPs, I definitely think that Outdoor Retreat is probably the weakest of all. Here's how I would rank them best (1) to worst (4).
    1. Vampires
    2. Dine Out
    3. Spa Day
    4. Outdoor Retreat

I'm also 99.9% sure that when the Parenthood GP is released, it'll dethrone Vampires from the number on spot. :)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,608 Member
    Favorite to Least Favorite
    1.Outdoor Retreat
    2.Spa Day
    3.Dine Out
    4.Vampires

Wow, you like OR best? What do you find to do with it? I like the objects, but thought the game play a bit lacking really, so if you have any tips I would love to hear them.

I think probably Vampires is my favourite, but not because of the vampires lol. I love all the stuff in it - old, creepy, derelict. Awesome.
    Next would be Dine Out I guess, then Spa Day.
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm not really going to rank them. I will say that I can see the improvement in what is offered between OR and the very recent GPs.

I haven't played Vampires because it hasn't suited my current gameplay, but a lack of playing it doesn't mean I'll insult it. It's great if you want to play as a vampire or frequently with vampires which is the point, obviously.

DO and SD are similar to each other and go together for me. I have not tried running a restaurant because I haven't had sims with the interest and I'm aware of the unaddressed bugs. I may get around to adding a restaurant and/or shop-minded household or two in a future generation of my rotation. In terms of having things to do for my sims, DO, SD and the bowling SP all offer activities that enjoy. My sims do eat out a lot at a variety of venues which is similar to my own lifestyle. I've employed all the restaurants that came with the pack and I might customize more if I had more open lot space.

In SD's defense, it's great to have it not be a rabbit hole. I find it very relaxing to send sims to the spa. It's kind of fun to have them do different things. I ended up adding two spas to my rotations. One is a general spa with a bit of everything that I put in Newcrest with a view of a small park and a small cemetary. Nearly all of my "funerals" end up at the spa afterwards as a way to feel better. It's a popular destination for a sim on a random day off. Another is a yoga ashram for more advanced yoga-philes in Oasis Springs.

It's a bit hilarious how the "sketchier" part of my OS has changed. My music-oriented family moved there to Agave Abode so that they could be loud and rock out on the edge of town. The dad wore the same band t-shirt his whole adult life. Lol. They did not care if the neighborhood was a little weird, though the wife (dead now) did get obsessed with yoga. The dad was dating the pizza delivery woman off and on with no commitment, but did write a few songs about her. The dad would bang on the piano or guitar at all hours of the day or night. Their son was raised in a room mostly taken up by the piano until they could afford an addition. Anyway, a 24 hr DO diner popped up next door. "Cool, pancakes and omelets all day or night." Later, the yoga ashram showed up with a scenic view of the trailer and the industrial scenery in the back drop. I've said that it's a bit of a "yoga cult" though I haven't had anyone actually join the cult aspect. There's just something slightly menacing below the surface at that place, but ordinary sims with a few points in yoga/wellness can head there for a class.

Eventually the trailer got torn down and replaced by the Oasis Springs Dust Bowl. Now, Wolfgang Munch owns the little house on the other side of the diner directly across the street from the cult. You know, as you do. He ignores the cult and can go for diner food at 4 am or to booze out/throw flaming balls at the bowling alley. He doesn't need to leave that little neighborhood for entertainment. Anyway, my point is that these concepts interplay well together in my game.

As for OR, I do send sims camping with aging off when it seems like a good fit for them but I would like more to do there. My sims do have a good time relaxing there. It's kind of fun to see how they spend their time. Sometimes they just chill out and cloudgaze or an urban sim will learn to fish or catch on fire at the campfire. I agree that they should be able to hike together and I wish they could swim. I guess with the swimming pools fixed, I could put in a natural pond perhaps. It is a gorgeous world but I agree that I'd like to see a bit more complexity for other vacation options.

Editing to add: I think in some future generation, I will let a few brainwashed cult members turn up in my rotation at least for a while. Lolol.

Lol, I thought this over and I think I have one of my new households for the Parenthood GP. I'll have the actual cult members move into a nice suburban neighborhood in OS and organize through an exclusive club. Wolfgang Munch will probably inadvertently date a member.
    Post edited by ChampandGirlie on
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Favorite to least favorite:
    1. Vampires
    2. Spa Day
    3. Dine Out
    4. Outdoor Retreat.

Imo, the vampires in TS4 are the best vampires we've seen in the entire franchise. As a person who likes to play with supernatural sims, this makes me happy and hopeful witches and possibly even faeries (if they return) will get the same treatment.

Spa Day has been really enjoyable for me. I use the buy/build stuff all the time and frequently have my sims do yoga as a way tone their body. It's kind of amusing to me, really. I can't stand yoga IRL.

3. I love the return of restaurants. Sending my sims out to eat is usually a good time for me. That part of the pack is great imo. As for running a restaurant yourself? Well, I would have enjoyed it more if there hadn't been bug after bug sabotaging my ratings all along the way. I sold the only restaurant I ran at four stars and never went back. I don't intend to until at least the poor quality food bug is fixed.

With Outdoor Retreat, I like the stuff that came with it, but otherwise it's a "meh" pack for me. Vacation packs generally are that way for me, and considering Three Lakes was my least favorite location from TS2, I wasn't very interested in Granite Falls to begin with.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    edited May 2017
    The weakest GP pack for me from strongest to weakest is 1-Vampires 2-Dine Out 3-Spa Day 4-Outdoor Retreat. Went on Retreat one time and haven't been back since. It needs work and lots of it. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited May 2017
    My order would be something like
    1. vampires
    2. spa day = dine out
    3. OR

I strongly dislike OR. I don't find it fun at all. Never use the vacation feature, hate collecting bugs, hate herbalism. Not calling it a bad pack, it just wasn't my cup of tea at all.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    OR is a FANTASTIC pack and one of my favourites. :heart: Can't wait for more vacation destinations. :)
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited May 2017
    1) Vampires/Dine Out - Vampires has amazing gameplay, and Dine Out I use all the time with all households.
    2) Spa Day - Love the skills and venues, objects & buy/build. Don't take my sims to spas that often but enjoy it when I do.
    3) Outdoor Retreat - I don't send my sims on vacation that often, and it's a once in a while thing, but I like that there is an option for them to go camping and/or use the Herbalism skill. I enjoy it but it's not used that frequently.
  • Options
    mmertormmertor Posts: 186 Member
    Favorite to Least Favorite

1)Spa Day
    2)Dine Out
    3)Outdoor Retreat
    4)Vampires
  • Options
    vickyloovickyloo Posts: 134 Member
    1. dine out - loved all the new aspects we recieved
    2. outdoor retreat - new worlds to explore
    3. Vampires - haven't really played with a lot of it tbh
    4. Spar day - yer we got spar stuff but i haven't used it alot
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    My least favorite GP is Outdoor Retreat, it had a bigger amount of things I don't particularly enjoy like collecting or hidden lots compared to the other two (Spa Day and Dine Out). It also had an aesthetic (wood) that I'm using less than the more modern look of Spa Day/Dine Out. I love Granite Falls, going on holiday and the new activities though. Overall, I think it's my less favorite mainly because the other too GPs set the bar so high, but I haven't regretted buying Outdoor Retreat at all.

I haven't bought Vampires, since I'm not interested in supernaturals or gothic B/B items.
  • Options
    SimmerSophie96SimmerSophie96 Posts: 253 Member
    For me i feel like i use the other game packs more than vampires because im currently playing a generations game and i want it to be realistic.

1} Dine Out
    2} Spa Day
    3} Outdoors Retreat
    4}Vampires

But i feel like with parenthood coming out today, that will take top choice
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 1,006 Member
    Outdoor Retreat was fine at first, but then become low on the list for me (although Spa Day is also low). But OR is better for me now since I added an Arts Centre there. Dine Out and Vampires are tied at the top spot on my list, and Parenthood? TBA
  • Options
    gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    For me it's Outdoor Retreat because I rarely use its content. My most favourite one is Vampires. That's the order from my most favourite to my least favourite GP: 1) Vampires, 2) Dine Out, 3) Spa Day, 4) Outdoor Retreat. :)
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Outdoor Retreat might be the weakest, but I tend to cut it a bit of slack because it was the first one so they were still getting a feel for the game pack concept which was new to the series. And it might see a bit of revival with Parenthood; I could see taking my Sim families off to Granite Falls for a few days (I've already upgraded one of the big cabins with toddler beds and kid's play stuff like a toybox; maybe I'll add a few more things from Parenthood pack); the kids can enjoy fishing while Dad takes pictures and paints the scenery and Mom gets started on her Herbalism skills. Storytime around the firepit should be fun too.

I use the yoga and meditation from Spa Day quite a bit especially for elder Sims, and quite a few of the build textures (like the nice white tiles) make their way into my builds especially for higher-end bathrooms.

Dine Out I enjoy just for a change of pace for my Sims; I'm not all that interested in the ownership aspect but I love being able to send my Sims out to eat, and that I can change the menus without having to own the restaurant. I have a place in San Myshuno that serves all the CL foods so it'll be easier for my foodie Sim to learn them to cook at home, and Chez Llama in Newcrest has all the experimental foods (I have a professional kitchen in my wedding center basement of Museum Muses so my Sim that's at level 10 cooking can start working on those; she's also my stay at home mom so she may have to wait till the kids get into school or go ahead and hire a nanny).

And Vampires is a niche pack but that doesn't make it weak; the vampire system is very well designed, and the build/buy items are gorgeous. (I do wish there was an on/off switch for them though; I'm trying out the mod that keeps them pretty much contained to Forgotten Hollow other than a few I've moved into houses already because while I like playing with vampires I don't want them part of every save game.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    JemmaTheSimmerJemmaTheSimmer Posts: 388 Member
    I don't have vampires because I don't really play supernaturals, so I can't give it a decent rating. I can appreciate it's a really good pack for those who do want them though.

My order:
    1. Dine Out
    2. Outdoor Retreat
    3. Spa Day

I love, love, dine out. I don't play owning restaurants much, but I it's really good for dates and social events. I really like building my own ones too, plus the build/buy content in this pack I do use a lot.

I don't send my sims on holiday much, but I do sometimes. I think I'm going to try to do it more though. Plus I use the build items a lot, especially some of the outdoor stuff for a lot of my builds. So generally good pack.

I probably should use spa day more. I have barely visited the default spa I put down, never got around to building one. Still haven't completed the wellness skill. Maybe I should put more effort into this pack to be fair. The things I use most are the new styles of gym equipment and the walls/flooring. Basically I'm using this as a glorified stuff pack.
  • Options
    ledouxjazzledouxjazz Posts: 22 Member
    Dine out has to be my favorite since I get the most use out of it.. Owning a restaurant doesn't interest me much (tried it once, big headache.) But, having sims go out to eat with family/dates is nice.

Vampires is least appealing (to me) just for the fact I love realistic gameplay and vampires.. although from what i've seen through LPs on youtube, it looks pretty great if you're into that sort of thing.

Parenthood will probably end up being my new favorite. ((Hopefully))