Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

May 25 Patch issues

Comments

• Options
    iimlana_01iimlana_01 Posts: 13 New Member
    [quote="rosemow;c-15784652"][quote="iimlana_01;c-15784635"]Hello,
    Well I have two issues to address today.

So after updating my game for todays patch I went into the game and when sims that I am friends with are around the little green person with the plus sign that means you are gaining friendship keeps popping up, even though I am not talking to them. It happens to all the sims I know and not for the sims I don't know.

The second issue is a big one that has been happening since March, it is a create a sim glitch. When I hover a sim with my cursor the option to edit my sims body and face pop up normally, but when I move my cursor away the game still acts like the cursor is on the sims when it isn't, so it kinda freaks out. Here is a link to a video someone posted about it : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx41Hu4X48M
    I have been struggling with this issue for a quite a while on the EA HQ, but no luck and many others have this problem.
    But for todays patch it mentioned that they fixed issues happening with create a sim, so a lot of people thought this glitch was fixed, but it was not. Here is another glitch to the EA HQ : http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/INFO-REQUEST-Sims-4-CAS-cursor-glitch/td-p/6027932
    I have tried all the different fixings that you can do to the game and I do not know what else can be done or if the Sim Gurus even know about it, but I hope they do.

Thanks for the help![/quote]

Hello @iimlana_01
    With your first issue, it is caused by the UI Cheats Extension mod. There will soon be an updated version of it released.
    With the second issue, it is not listed as being fixed in the patch notes. The Developers would be aware of it, with it having a thread on the AHQ EA site.
    [/quote]

Even though the problem has been happening for a few months and the issue has been on the sims forums before and the AHQ EA site twice. They come out with a patch and it fixes cas related things, but not the cursor glitch. It doesn't make sense and they said they had all the information they needed. Are the people having the problem suppose to wait another two months ?
  • Options
    NastyPoliNastyPoli Posts: 7 New Member
    Issues after update to new patch. Its running super slow for one. And everytime my sim would get fed on by a vampire the game would freeze and after it would unfreeze all of the relationship bars were at zero.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    NastyPoli wrote: »
    Issues after update to new patch. Its running super slow for one. And everytime my sim would get fed on by a vampire the game would freeze and after it would unfreeze all of the relationship bars were at zero.

Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try lowering your graphics settings.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    deregaderega Posts: 22 New Member
    I found an issue that loading household with vampire take forever to load. And Ram usage goes up to 90% (My PC have 16 GB).I tried on normal household it can play properly. I tried create new vampire form CAS an it struck in loading screen after I confirmed a family.
  • Options
    derega wrote: »
    I found an issue that loading household with vampire take forever to load. And Ram usage goes up to 90% (My PC have 16 GB).I tried on normal household it can play properly. I tried create new vampire form CAS an it struck in loading screen after I confirmed a family.

Hello
    It was helpful to read your feedback on this issue occurring in your game.
    Try lowering your graphics settings and see if that may help with the issues.
  • Options
    Hello
    I just wanted to repost what _orangemittens_ wrote on another thread.
    Just wanted to let anyone interested know that the AOM Wrench Hider mod is fixed. It still comes in three versions and all should work correctly now. :)

• Options
    February11February11 Posts: 12,660 Member
    edited May 2017
    Zasz wrote: »
    Quick workaround: Go to buy mode, sell the stereo, then press the undo button and go back to live mode. The animation will disappear after a second.
    Doesnt work for me. Even selling and placing a new radio doesnt help.

Buying a new radio from the catalogue will indeed not stop the animation. Delete the radio in buy mode, then press the small white arrow next to the hammer.

I just tried that but it didn't work for me :/
    Settled with just turning it on to stop the big orange circles and turned the volume down low until it's fixed - or just delete all radios for the time being.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • Options
    February11 wrote: »
    Zasz wrote: »
    Quick workaround: Go to buy mode, sell the stereo, then press the undo button and go back to live mode. The animation will disappear after a second.
    Doesnt work for me. Even selling and placing a new radio doesnt help.

Buying a new radio from the catalogue will indeed not stop the animation. Delete the radio in buy mode, then press the small white arrow next to the hammer.

I just tried that but it didn't work for me :/
    Settled with just turning it on to stop the big orange circles and turned the volume down low until it's fixed - or just delete all radios for the time being.

Hello
    SimGuru has posted that the Develpers are aware of the stereo issue
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Pegasys wrote: »
    There's already a thread on the AHQ EA site about the alien disguises here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Alien-Disguise-Feature-Broken/m-p/6081317#U6081317

Ah glad I'm not the only one, I'll press me too on the AHQ, hopefully they'll fix this soon!!
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    edited May 2017
    I really wish I had found this thread before I created a discussion in the wrong section. :lol: It's been confusing finding the issues section for TS4. :grimace:

Anyway, I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this yet, but here's the issue I've run into in my game...

Since installing the patch, I've noticed that three romantic socials are returning friendship boosts instead of romance boosts, as they did prior.

The three socials, all found under Romance, are:
    Compliment Appearance
    Express Fondness
    Impress with Video Game Prowess

The "Compliment Appearance" and "Express Fondness" socials specifically return a +1 friendship boost, while the "Impress with Video Game Prowess" returns a +2 friendship boost. Obviously, these socials should be returning romantic boosts as they are romantic socials, and from what I can gather, this patch seems to have caused this issue. All other romantic socials are functioning properly.

I've tested this issue with two different couples, both with maxed friendship and romance meters, and received the same response to all three socials various times. I've already run a repair on my game and completely disabled CC (no mods in my game), and the issue still occurs.

Is anyone else experiencing this as well?
  • Options
    klestrella wrote: »
    I really wish I had found this thread before I created a discussion in the wrong section. :lol: Why don't we have a bugs and issues section for TS4 specifically anymore? Maybe I'm just not seeing it, but it can be a bit confusing to find where you can share issues in game now. :no_mouth:

Anyway, I'm not sure if anyone else has mentioned this yet, but here's the issue I've run into in my game...

Since installing the patch, I've noticed that three romantic socials are returning friendship boosts instead of romance boosts, as they did prior.

The three socials, all found under Romance, are:
    Compliment Appearance
    Express Fondness
    Impress with Video Game Prowess

The "Compliment Appearance" and "Express Fondness" socials specifically return a +1 friendship boost, while the "Impress with Video Game Prowess" returns a +2 friendship boost. Obviously, these socials should be returning romantic boosts as they are romantic socials, and from what I can gather, this patch seems to have caused this issue. All other romantic socials are functioning properly.

I've tested this issue with two different couples, both with maxed friendship and romance meters, and received the same response to all three socials various times. I've already run a repair on my game and completely disabled CC (no mods in my game), and the issue still occurs.

Is anyone else experiencing this as well?

Hello
    This thread is in the Sims 4 Bugs and Issues section. The link to the main section is
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-bugs-issues

Does the same thing occur when the sims don't have maxed friendship and romance levels?
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited May 2017
    You guys know what's kind of funny? Before this patch I felt my game was unusually smooth and bug free lol. And I was sooo happy about this patch and all the fixes and now I kinda wish I could go back to my pre-patch game haha. Aw anyway I'm sure they'll fix this stuff soon, I'm just a little afraid that with the upcoming GP (and its own inevitable bugs), my game will be a bit unstable for a while so I'm just praying it won't take away from my fun with the new pack (though I doubt it buuut still) :D
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    This thread is in the Sims 4 Bugs and Issues section. The link to the main section is
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-bugs-issues

Does the same thing occur when the sims don't have maxed friendship and romance levels?

I did just realize it's in a bugs and issues section. :lol: After the update to the forums, I was never able to find it and I didn't think to check if it was moved to the Help Center area. It's good to know where it is now! :smile:

I haven't checked, and I don't have any sims without maxed levels to test it on, unfortunately. I thought of checking a new save, but I'm kind of scared to test that since I somehow end up deleting my older saves when starting a new one.
  • Options
    TMcAuley91TMcAuley91 Posts: 13 New Member
    Only one issue I've noticed
    I can't quit the game.
    When in options menu I click exit game the pop up do you want to exit appears I click the ✅ but it just goes back into the game.
    Tried clicking the x instead didn't help.
    I can exit to main menu but even from main menu I can't exit the game.
  • Options
    TMcAuley91 wrote: »
    Only one issue I've noticed
    I can't quit the game.
    When in options menu I click exit game the pop up do you want to exit appears I click the ✅ but it just goes back into the game.
    I can exit to main menu but even from main menu I can't exit the game.

Hello @TMcAuley91
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.Test the game between placing back each folder
  • Options
    TMcAuley91TMcAuley91 Posts: 13 New Member
    [quote="rosemow;c-15785358"][quote="TMcAuley91;c-15785352"]Only one issue I've noticed
    I can't quit the game.
    I can exit to main menu but even from main menu I can't exit the game.[/quote]

Hello @TMcAuley91

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the issue is in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.Test the game between placing back each folder[/quote]

Will try the repair and resetting thanks but I don't use any cc or mods in my game at all so don't think that can be causing an issue
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    The scariest thing just happened. One of my normal Sims - i.e. not a vampire, alien or hybrid, showed up with giant pointy ears. I know there's a mod that allows normal Sims to have pointy ears, but I can assure you I'm not using that one.

This is a screenshot of the Sim in question yesterday, before the patch (it's the guy with the cupcake):
    tumblr_oqjxi9i7Sv1v8k7elo2_1280.png

And this is how I found him today, post patch, in the same save:
    tumblr_oqjxi9i7Sv1v8k7elo1_1280.png

He's a CAS-made Sim that I've made myself and I put him in my game as a townie.

I've removed my mods and the issue is still there. I haven't seen this on any other Sim yet. When I pull a fresh copy of this Sim from the Gallery, he has pointy ears too. Here's the link if anyone would like to check and see if the same thing happens to him in their game: https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/C67B0C73D59E11E68A95E610F88B0827

I can fix it by going into full edit mode in CAS, detail edit mode and then try to change the pointy part of the ear - it snaps back to it's default round position and can't be made pointy again.

So I guess this is not a major issue, but the vampire ears thing seems to have glitched out something...
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    I'm popping in again to add that I just found out "Flirt" also returns a +1 friendship boost versus a romance boost. So, that means "Compliment Appearance", "Express Fondness", "Flirt", and "Impress with Video Game Prowess" are all resulting in friendship boosts versus romance boosts. These socials were functioning perfectly the day before the patch.

I'm a bit concerned now. I hope someone will be able to verify that it's not just my game. :/ Otherwise, could my save have corrupted somehow?
  • Options
    SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    Is it just me or is the highchair issue worse?

Put them in put them out, oh you might have clicked for the sim to give toddler a bath but chuck them in the highchair and go and play basketball while your toddler is in the red from lack of sleep and hygiene is much more sensible

So friggen annoying, going to have to delete the highchairs yet again and go without
  • Options
    ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    Well, this topic escalated quickly >:)
  • Options
    klestrella wrote: »
    I'm popping in again to add that I just found out "Flirt" also returns a +1 friendship boost versus a romance boost. So, that means "Compliment Appearance", "Express Fondness", "Flirt", and "Impress with Video Game Prowess" are all resulting in friendship boosts versus romance boosts. These socials were functioning perfectly the day before the patch.

I'm a bit concerned now. I hope someone will be able to verify that it's not just my game. :/ Otherwise, could my save have corrupted somehow?

Hello @klestrella
    Start a new game and test to see if the issues are in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder. If the issue isn't in the new save game, test between putting back each folder.
  • Options
    Sablesasha wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the highchair issue worse?

Put them in put them out, oh you might have clicked for the sim to give toddler a bath but chuck them in the highchair and go and play basketball while your toddler is in the red from lack of sleep and hygiene is much more sensible

So friggen annoying, going to have to delete the highchairs yet again and go without

Hello @Sablesasha
    There is an issue that if your sim has the active trait, they will stop what they are doing and go and play basketball. If your sim has the active trait, this may be affecting them.
  • Options
    SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    Nope no active trait. It's not just basketball, they'll put them in the highchair when I click on them to go to put toddler to bed, and then trot off to watch tv. Anything but what is asked of them. Then when you want to feed them in the highchair they'll ignore the toddler standing there waiting and go and do something else.

It had actually been better recently, not anymore.
  • Options
    Sablesasha wrote: »
    Nope no active trait. It's not just basketball, they'll put them in the highchair when I click on them to go to put toddler to bed, and then trot off to watch tv. Anything but what is asked of them. Then when you want to feed them in the highchair they'll ignore the toddler standing there waiting and go and do something else.

It had actually been better recently, not anymore.

Other simmers have also been having issues with the high chair. I am sorry that it is causing issues in your game also.