Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Complete Edition?

Comments

• Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    BlackSand wrote: »
    *Sigh* ... Looks like I am going to have to gas up the chainsaw
    for this special little critter.
    We've butted heads (figuratively) over this kind of thing before @BlackSand, but I still claim that restraints on comfy chairs and tickling with soft feathers is a more effective solution in most cases. There are some extreme exceptions but this wouldn't really be one of them; it's not a crime to be misinformed especially when one is willing to listen to reason. :)

Aw Come On @igazor ...
    If you want to play with what the cat drags in, that is fine with me ... I am going to scoop it up and use it for fertilizer in the garden ... ;)

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I have the game and all the packs available from Steam (I guess you can't get the Katy Perry one anymore unless you can find it on ebay or something). As I said, I'm not currently interested in it, and I may never even play it for all I know. But I like having the option to. And from what I heard, there are such things as restaurants and whatnot that are only in the store (are they in the packs anywhere else?).

By the time I ever get around playing the game, the store may or may not be open still. I'm kinda surprised it still is, tbh. But I doubt it will be by the time Sims 4's support is done. There are more and more diminishing returns for keeping it available as time goes on (especially since you and others have said you can get it for free anyway).

And I can't speak for the tech difficulties of how bad it'd be to have everything from the store, but I wouldn't be surprised. At least I'd want a pack of the unique stuff from it (not necessarily recolors or 'mimics' of stuff in the other packs or whatever). Or am I mistaken and the store is only made up of mimics/recolors?

I guess this is also important considering I've heard that the CASt or CAW programs (are they both outside the game?) broke with the latest patch or whatever too? Which would mean the stuff officially available is even more useful if it's harder to 'make your own'. Not that I'm one for CC anyway.

Anyhoo, I like having all the official content for games that I purchase. When it comes to Sims, it's even more important as I don't use mods or CC. So those are my thoughts anyways. Besides, you should be pleased. I'm offering my financial support to one of the games you like, lol.
    It's just that the rather strong words you used there ('it zaps any enthusiasm or interest', 'it doesn't appeal to me at all these days', 'Sims 3 veers too far off for me to get into it') causes me to be surprised about this change of heart only a few days later. Indeed, pleasantly surprised ;)

A restaurant indeed came with the Store and there's an open restaurant that came with ITF (with plumbots for waiters). Not comparable to the way restaurants work in Sims 2 or 4 though. I have no idea how long the Store will be open. I can't imagine a lot of people still spending money there, because indeed you can get the items for free now by watching videos. I know there are people who do have the entire Store installed, but I doubt if that's a wise thing to do. Not just because of performance issues, but the categorizing system in Sims 3 is rather messy - and especially Store stuff is categorized in the weirdest places sometimes - and with all those items it would be a complete jungle I fear...

The latest patch did break CAW but they fixed that fortunately. CAST was never affected (it's an ingame feature).

ETA: concerning the adds, I've collected quite a lot that way, playing the videos in another tab while doing other things on Internet (like being on the forums ;)). I put a lot of money in that Store though (worlds came with the Store as well and they are rather pricey). The arguments you are referring to concern illegal actions like igazor points out and the adds. But like I said, I don't want everything in there. It's a store, like any regular store. I never buy out stores, I only buy what interests me ;)

Look, just for the record and proper context here, the off-topic post you quoted from me and keep bringing up originated in the Sims 4 GD, I believe. I'm aware that the thread was merged with one here in this forum, so it looks like I may be actively trying to be antagonistic in this area or something, but I'm not. I didn't post it here, nor would I have done so. And what's the result of said post being here now? I'm singled out and, so far politely ignoring, being ostracized for it, up to and including some inside-joke about chainsaws.

My original post in this thread was in positive support of an additional way to get store content, mostly just as an easy way to complete my collection, as well as provide an alternative option to a 'Complete Edition' or whatever considering I already have most of the game that isn't in the store portion. I don't see what the big deal is.

I'll admit I'm not big on all the details, but saying "I'd like this kind of pack" and providing the logistics for it are two different things. And considering all the corrections I've received, I would hope I've done my best to be accomodating. The OP mentioned a 'Complete Edition' of the game, with the store and whatnot, and didn't receive nearly as much flak for it, and my idea would be infinitely easier to do, lol.

I don't expect to actually play the game anytime soon, but I think it's safe to assume that by the time I might, the store has a good chance of no longer being available to me. Much the same way that for some reason, the Katy Perry pack isn't available to me either now, short of ebay or something. And yes, I'd also be willing to pay for that if it were on Steam as well.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited April 2017
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I have the game and all the packs available from Steam (I guess you can't get the Katy Perry one anymore unless you can find it on ebay or something). As I said, I'm not currently interested in it, and I may never even play it for all I know. But I like having the option to. And from what I heard, there are such things as restaurants and whatnot that are only in the store (are they in the packs anywhere else?).

By the time I ever get around playing the game, the store may or may not be open still. I'm kinda surprised it still is, tbh. But I doubt it will be by the time Sims 4's support is done. There are more and more diminishing returns for keeping it available as time goes on (especially since you and others have said you can get it for free anyway).

And I can't speak for the tech difficulties of how bad it'd be to have everything from the store, but I wouldn't be surprised. At least I'd want a pack of the unique stuff from it (not necessarily recolors or 'mimics' of stuff in the other packs or whatever). Or am I mistaken and the store is only made up of mimics/recolors?

I guess this is also important considering I've heard that the CASt or CAW programs (are they both outside the game?) broke with the latest patch or whatever too? Which would mean the stuff officially available is even more useful if it's harder to 'make your own'. Not that I'm one for CC anyway.

Anyhoo, I like having all the official content for games that I purchase. When it comes to Sims, it's even more important as I don't use mods or CC. So those are my thoughts anyways. Besides, you should be pleased. I'm offering my financial support to one of the games you like, lol.
    It's just that the rather strong words you used there ('it zaps any enthusiasm or interest', 'it doesn't appeal to me at all these days', 'Sims 3 veers too far off for me to get into it') causes me to be surprised about this change of heart only a few days later. Indeed, pleasantly surprised ;)

A restaurant indeed came with the Store and there's an open restaurant that came with ITF (with plumbots for waiters). Not comparable to the way restaurants work in Sims 2 or 4 though. I have no idea how long the Store will be open. I can't imagine a lot of people still spending money there, because indeed you can get the items for free now by watching videos. I know there are people who do have the entire Store installed, but I doubt if that's a wise thing to do. Not just because of performance issues, but the categorizing system in Sims 3 is rather messy - and especially Store stuff is categorized in the weirdest places sometimes - and with all those items it would be a complete jungle I fear...

The latest patch did break CAW but they fixed that fortunately. CAST was never affected (it's an ingame feature).

ETA: concerning the adds, I've collected quite a lot that way, playing the videos in another tab while doing other things on Internet (like being on the forums ;)). I put a lot of money in that Store though (worlds came with the Store as well and they are rather pricey). The arguments you are referring to concern illegal actions like igazor points out and the adds. But like I said, I don't want everything in there. It's a store, like any regular store. I never buy out stores, I only buy what interests me ;)

Look, just for the record and proper context here, the off-topic post you quoted from me and keep bringing up originated in the Sims 4 GD, I believe. I'm aware that the thread was merged with one here in this forum, so it looks like I may be actively trying to be antagonistic in this area or something, but I'm not. I didn't post it here, nor would I have done so. And what's the result of said post being here now? I'm singled out and, so far politely ignoring, being ostracized for it, up to and including some inside-joke about chainsaws.

My original post in this thread was in positive support of an additional way to get store content, mostly just as an easy way to complete my collection, as well as provide an alternative option to a 'Complete Edition' or whatever considering I already have most of the game that isn't in the store portion. I don't see what the big deal is.

I'll admit I'm not big on all the details, but saying "I'd like this kind of pack" and providing the logistics for it are two different things. And considering all the corrections I've received, I would hope I've done my best to be accomodating. The OP mentioned a 'Complete Edition' of the game, with the store and whatnot, and didn't receive nearly as much flak for it, and my idea would be infinitely easier to do, lol.

I don't expect to actually play the game anytime soon, but I think it's safe to assume that by the time I might, the store has a good chance of no longer being available to me. Much the same way that for some reason, the Katy Perry pack isn't available to me either now, short of ebay or something. And yes, I'd also be willing to pay for that if it were on Steam as well.
    I don't understand your post I'm afraid. You mean you present different opinions about the game in different sections? There is no obvious logic in that for me. I also don't understand what you mean by the inside joke about chainsaws..??

Apart from this, my comments about that Store are serious and on topic. You suggested that (and I can understand you did) but I don't think it would be a good idea so I reacted with reasons why. That's all.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @JoAnne65 If I had posted in a thread here in the Sims 3 section about Sims 3 vs. Sims 4, I wouldn't share a different opinion (as I'd still say I'd prefer Sims 4), but I'd take into account where the thread is and thus who would be reading it, and I would phrase things differently. Quite frankly, I probably wouldn't have even posted at all because doing so is just opening a can of worms, but that's besides the point. All I'm saying is I'd be aware of the audience/context of the situation. What works in one area doesn't in another.

The joke about chainsaws? Here:
    BlackSand wrote: »
    *Sigh* ... Looks like I am going to have to gas up the chainsaw
    for this special little critter.

Kinner%20077_zpsragulv1r.jpg

As well as the following exchange about 'playing with what the cat dragged in' and such.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2017
    (sighs) This thread demonstrates why my colleagues left these forums years ago. You guys are on the brink of arguing over nothing.

Am surprised you didn't stand up to @BlackSand more directly though. I wouldn't have enjoyed being referred to as fertilizer even though she's just being silly, but didn't think you would have needed any assistance in forming an appropriate response either.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    (sighs) This thread demonstrates why my colleagues left these forums years ago. You guys are on the brink of arguing over nothing.

Am surprised you didn't stand up to @BlackSand more directly though. I wouldn't have enjoyed being referred to as fertilizer even though she's just being silly, but didn't think you would have needed any assistance in forming an appropriate response either.

I guess the only difference is that I would never even visit the Sims 4 section of these wonderful forums.
    And ... I don't claim to have any credible input/opinion regarding Sims 4 ... I have never tried it nor have any intention of ever trying it.

This place down here (The Sims 3 forums) ... Has a lot of nice people ... I will humor myself when it suits my fancy.
    If anyone needs to argue about something ... I would suggest they find someone else to argue with.

:)

• Options
    Is it wrong to come here into a Sims 3 thread and suggest a way to purchase the store content once the store's no longer available? Because that's all I did until an unrelated post of mine was quoted here. A post, which as I've said, only exists here in this section due to the mods merging a thread from Sims 4 GD here. I didn't come here to antagonize anyone. I had no say in it.

And tbh, in this thread alone after my first post, I've been on the defensive, not the offensive. I'm not looking to argue with anyone. I mentioned I've been politely ignoring the jabs from nearly every angle thrown my way here to stay on topic, and I only quoted one of the posts because @JoAnne65 asked for clarification about it.

If I wanted to make a directed point/issue/arguement or whatever out of it, I would've. At this point, you already consider me no greater than fertilizer, so what would I have to lose? I was commenting though on that quote of mine being completely out of context, and as a result, coloring pretty much everyone's idea of me here so that even supporting TS3 comes off as a bad thing now, somehow.
  • Options
    Is it wrong to come here into a Sims 3 thread and suggest a way to purchase the store content once the store's no longer available? Because that's all I did until an unrelated post of mine was quoted here. A post, which as I've said, only exists here in this section due to the mods merging a thread from Sims 4 GD here. I didn't come here to antagonize anyone. I had no say in it.

And tbh, in this thread alone after my first post, I've been on the defensive, not the offensive. I'm not looking to argue with anyone. I mentioned I've been politely ignoring the jabs from nearly every angle thrown my way here to stay on topic, and I only quoted one of the posts because @JoAnne65 asked for clarification about it.

If I wanted to make a directed point/issue/arguement or whatever out of it, I would've. At this point, you already consider me no greater than fertilizer, so what would I have to lose? I was commenting though on that quote of mine being completely out of context, and as a result, coloring pretty much everyone's idea of me here so that even supporting TS3 comes off as a bad thing now, somehow.

Asking me where I may think the proper place to make any comment is ... Would be ridiculous at best.

My apologies ... I have been in the real world for a few months since my last visit.
    I completely forgot how squishy people here can get.

But ... You might want to read your siggy and really let it sink in ... ;)

• Options
    slynnskislynnski Posts: 2,316 Member
    I just finished up purchasing the entirety of the Sims 3 store tonight *pats self on back* and it literally cost me over $1000 to do so. That includes daily deals, complete your sets, and make me an offer. It's not cheap, and I'm not ashamed to say I have spent that much on this game. It will give me entertainment for many years to come.

On topic, I couldn't see EA doing an ultimate collection for Sims 3. There is just too much content, not including the store items. The Sims 2 had 8 EPs, I think? Whereas Sims 3 has a whopping 11 EPs. And Sims 2 EPs didn't add nearly as much content/gameplay as the TS3 ones do. I think the bundles that we have now are going to be as close as we get to having any kind of TS3 collection.
  • Options
    VulnnVulnn Posts: 131 Member
    edited April 2017
    If they would lower the prices for those simpoints or whatever i shouldnt need to pay 40$ for 1 world
  • Options
    edited April 2017

I can understand why the atmosphere isn't all roses and how that will chase people away who only want roses but I don't quite follow why that would chase simmers away here (this section)? I don't agree with you arguments are always over nothing, the whole 'Sims 3-Sims 4' discussion (if I may call it that, because that's a big strawman formulation to simplify matters) is basically about what people who are interested in its future and not only its past desperately want for this franchise. They have every right to do so on The Sims forums, which are one big 'happy' pool of versions. That discussion is mainly taking place where it belongs, in the new game's feedback section where the noses are directed into the future and where your colleagues simply could stay away. I'd like to keep that out of this section (because this section is about yesterday after all), but when it doesn't for whatever reason I'm just not the kind of person to hold her tongue when something strikes me.

I could say I regret quoting the comment TheGoodOldGamer placed here a couple of days ago - that reflects a popular way of expressing an opinion about Sims 3 in that other section - but I don't. I read that comment in this section and this new comment only a few days later expressed such a different tune, that it interested me. I sincerely wondered what had happened between 'the mere look of that game turns me off and I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole' (I really couldn't care less in what section that originally was expressed) and 'if they'd sell the entire Store on a disk I'd buy it'. The reason after all could be a genuine and positive one. Apparently it was not but that's hardly my fault.

(I still don't get the chainsaw remark by the way, it wasn't mine; maybe it refers to Colton and in that case it's only funny and harmless imo)

Back on topic, apart from this I also - and in many more words - adressed the 'complete Store as DLC' subject. I don't think it would be a good idea for average computers and also not for the way they arranged build/buy mode and CAS. I wouldn't want it all in my game. If they ever make a Sims 3 UC I think they'd just add EP's to it anyway, like they did for Sims 2 (at least, I don't think I have the SP's for that game..?).
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    slynnski wrote: »
    I just finished up purchasing the entirety of the Sims 3 store tonight *pats self on back* and it literally cost me over $1000 to do so. That includes daily deals, complete your sets, and make me an offer. It's not cheap, and I'm not ashamed to say I have spent that much on this game. It will give me entertainment for many years to come.

On topic, I couldn't see EA doing an ultimate collection for Sims 3. There is just too much content, not including the store items. The Sims 2 had 8 EPs, I think? Whereas Sims 3 has a whopping 11 EPs. And Sims 2 EPs didn't add nearly as much content/gameplay as the TS3 ones do. I think the bundles that we have now are going to be as close as we get to having any kind of TS3 collection.
    If they'd offer a UC for new players, that would of course also involve patch 1.69, so people could disable every EP they'd like. They could also offer it in a different way than they did the Sims 2 version. That one you had to download in one big chunk. The Sims 3 UC could be offered as seperate downloads. I don't see them doing that any time soon though, as far as I can tell people are still buying for the game and they don't have to throw their money out of the window ;) I guess they might offer it the way they did Sims 2: when the successor has been announced. As far as I understand that could be 2025. Or never...
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options

To be clear, I did and do not. The Store as DLC question is a justified one and interesting to discuss in my opinion.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited April 2017
    @JoAnne65 - No one said anything about wanting all roses. But don't worry, I've made sims out of all three of you who were twisting things around (intentionally or by accident, there was clearly some of each) on this thread so much that for a while none of you were apparently even paying attention to what the others were saying anymore or whom was being addressed. Children sims that is, though I had a bit of trouble with the facial hair on one, and I've put you all in Time Out. (Wags finger fake-menacingly) I've had a long day and don't care who started it.

If it continues, all of you will get your least favorite meals for dinner for a week and be forced to watch your least favorite tv channels in a room that is not painted in your favorite colors. There, problem sorted. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    @JoAnne65 - No one said anything about wanting all roses. But don't worry, I've made sims out of all three of you who were twisting things around (intentionally or by accident, there was clearly some of each) on this thread so much that for a while none of you were apparently even paying attention to what the others were saying anymore or whom was being addressed. Children sims that is, though I had a bit of trouble with the facial hair on one, and I've put you all in Time Out. (Wags finger fake-menacingly) I've had a long day and don't care who started it.

If it continues, all of you will get your least favorite meals for dinner for a week and be forced to watch your least favorite tv channels in a room that is not painted in your favorite colors. There, problem sorted. :p

So is this where I need to tell you I stole your flippers to go snorkeling ... And then left them at the beach because a seagull pooped on them?
    Oh ... And about the car ... Don't think they are going to be able to fix it ... You can take it out of my allowance that I never get.

• Options
    edited April 2017

Let's leave it and get back on topic ;)
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Kind of back on topic, I doubt they would ever offer the Store content in one big pack. I can't see them practically giving it away for $40, either. Some of the individual sets when released cost $30-40. Each! Of course many people do use the ads and the daily deals to find bargains and that's great that EA offers that as an alternative but yes, at least $1,000 to buy the majority of the Store content.

I have just about all the Store content plus almost 3GB of CC and my game runs fine (although I admit that search feature in Buy mode that TS4 has would sure come in handy!), but there is also the issue of many, many people trying to run TS3 on underpowered PCs and all the complaints and help tickets they had to deal with because of that. Some have already been offended by the 'feature' to disable EPs to 'improve game performance' that came with the 1.69 patch because it's like being told you wasted your money and shouldn't have bought it but of course no where did they ever tell people to only buy what their PCs were capable of running!

I think these are some of the reasons that they have cut way down on content for TS4 and the content that is released is simplified. As a result it's also cheaper. I imagine this strategy was employed because they hope that more people would be willing to purchase smaller packs at a reduced cost compared to the TS3 Store, and simplified content helps many lower end laptops run the thing.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    They didn't bundle the sims 2 store stuff with the ultimate collection. What a waste and the sims 3 store is much bigger. Who knows what they will do.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    They didn't bundle the sims 2 store stuff with the ultimate collection. What a waste and the sims 3 store is much bigger. Who knows what they will do.
    Yeah, a pity, I would have loved the Ikea stuff in my game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    A restaurant indeed came with the Store and there's an open restaurant that came with ITF (with plumbots for waiters).

@JoAnne65
    Which restaurant is the one with plumbot waiters? I don't have much experience with Oasis Landing so I can't think of it.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    TreyNutzTreyNutz Posts: 5,780 Member
    edited April 2017
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    A restaurant indeed came with the Store and there's an open restaurant that came with ITF (with plumbots for waiters).

@JoAnne65
    Which restaurant is the one with plumbot waiters? I don't have much experience with Oasis Landing so I can't think of it.

Sam's Synth'd Staples. It's right next to the EP-XI Imports Gallery. There's also a plumbot waiter at the Erutuf lounge. In general, putting a food synthesizer on a commercial lot will spawn a waiter to work there and tend any tables on the lot. In the future world the waiter is a plumbot. In other worlds the waiters are human sims. I put one on the Egypt base camp and had a waiter work there until I disabled the assignment with NRaas Register (because it didn't make sense to have a waiter at that base camp and there are few other cooking options there).
    Post edited by TreyNutz on
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    @KevinL5275 This is the place :)

Saul_257_zps96974458.png

(I didn't take pictures of the waiter/plumbot serving)

edit: @TreyNutz Didn't know that, thanks for the info!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    jaletu2005jaletu2005 Posts: 688 Member
    I think they would really be missing an opportunity if they don't offer a Complete Sims 3 set. Just the EP's and SP's. As for store content - the price on alot of it does go down everyday. They might package some of it together and put a lower price on it - or not. As someone pointed out - we didn't get the store stuff for Sims 2 offered to us. So maybe when the store's over - it's just over.

As for me - I'm backing up my store stuff on another drive and on some CD's that I have. I have lost so much stuff for Sims 1 and 2 over the years because I wasn't proactive. Not this time! Cause this game is just awesome!
    Screenshot-5.jpg
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited April 2017
    jaletu2005 wrote: »
    I think they would really be missing an opportunity if they don't offer a Complete Sims 3 set. Just the EP's and SP's. As for store content - the price on alot of it does go down everyday. They might package some of it together and put a lower price on it - or not. As someone pointed out - we didn't get the store stuff for Sims 2 offered to us. So maybe when the store's over - it's just over.

As for me - I'm backing up my store stuff on another drive and on some CD's that I have. I have lost so much stuff for Sims 1 and 2 over the years because I wasn't proactive. Not this time! Cause this game is just awesome!
    Same here. My store archive as I like to call it is missing a few things I forgot to backup but I figure I'll do it later when we get notice of the old site shutting down. :D
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/