Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

NEXT SP THEME NEW POLL!

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    edited April 2017
    I kinda really don't think that the poll was rigged and I don't think this would help prove anything. I am not trying to be mean but I am sure that thousands of people voted on the poll. Not that many people use the sims forums. So even if you did get different result from what the sims team got that doesn't mean a lot. All you kinda did was just show people on the forums what they really wanted and not what most other simmers would have wanted. (I am so sorry if this sounded mean! I am really not trying to make this sound mean or anything! I know some people think the poll is rigged but there isn't any way of getting actual proof of this unless someone from the actual sims team comes out and says "Yes this poll was rigged.")

Edit: I voted anyways. Wedding was my top vote. Also I think some people are just kinda being sore losers. Which isn't surprising. I don't think it mattered what pack would of win you still would of had people crying "rigged". People on the forums don't speak for ever simmer.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I voted for Eco in the official poll, because it could encompass more than just laundry. A lot of people complain that the bills are too high...well, an eco-living pack could provide solar panels and wind turbines for alternative energy sources, with batteries to store the excess energy for use when it's night or there's no breezes to turn the turbines (would tie in well with a future Seasons pack as well). Sims could either use the excess themselves (with increased risk of power outages if they use more than they store) or "sell" it back to the utility and not only get a break on their bills but get a rebate as well (similar to the rebate you get on Build/Buy items if you finish the Mansion Builder aspiration). Maybe more garden plants and a decorative scarecrow for those who want to live off the land (if we got those items in the Eco-living pack, a future Farming EP or GP could focus more on the farm animal aspect). More emphasis on Handiness and "do it yourself". Maybe even bring back the Technophobe trait and provide a way for writers to write without using the computer.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    edited April 2017
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    People saying their rigged is probably sour that their top vote didn't win it's mostly the people I've seen is Arcade and Dangerous now Graham made a poll saying what about the options that didn't win well in my opinion it can be incorporated in the game at anytime near or in the future these ideas for stuff packs they had were great and a lot surprised me so if the ideas were on the poll it could very well be in the game.

Some of the ideas could also be incorporated in game or expansion packs -- we might even get a better Dangerous GP than we would an SP, with a lot more detail, maybe even patching in improvements for Astronaut and Secret Agent to make them a bit more risky. Or a Days of Our Lives EP that would have content for all age stages, plus the improved weddings and improved death with funerals and inheritance and Sims actually acknowledging that someone close to them has died. B)

Days of Our Lives no its all about All my children. Lol even though they went off the air.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    From the Disclaimer, it's more like a survey of what we want than us actually participating. EA don't have to listen to us at all and probably won't.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    Conspiracy theories, really? Smh.
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I'm so confused. Eco already won
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Also, eco living seems a more acceptable universal theme in general. It could be argued that a "dangerous" theme is a bit more controversial, and therefore not received quite as well on a global level.

In any case, let's not be sore losers. We may still see our concepts developed one day, and there's really a greater purpose for this project anyway, and that's to give us all an inside look at development, and the chance to be a part of the creation process. Let's not ruin this opportunity. If it goes well enough, who knows? Maybe they will allow for more input in the future. :)

I do hope that the next one will be the Dangerous one , then I will finally get the Grave Yard and gothic stuff I want, but yes for now I am just waiting to see what happens next with the Eco one, since My Rant was done with basically Yesterday, lol
  • Options
    LoriewhiteLoriewhite Posts: 19 Member
    My vote
    1 Wedding
    2 starter
    3 dangers
    4 arcade
    5 Eco (no)

• Options
    HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I'm so confused. Eco already won

Yeah, but some people seem to think the voting was rigged.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    Wait a minute - that is it - LANGUAGE!

Maybe a ton of foreign Simmers had no idea what the plum they were voting on - or things appeared skewed in their language?

I'm about 56% sure you're just joking around again, but still ... plenty of people understand more than enough English to understand these few choices lol. And I also don't think anyone would vote if they had literally no idea what the packs are, they'd probably at least use google translate for the titles :D but words like danger, eco, wedding, arcade - yeah, should be easily understood by the majority of simmers who speak enough English :D

Anyway, again, why would they rig these votes? Srsly people, what would be the point? Just tell us at least what you think the purpose of that is. If they'd wanted to make eco from the get go, they wouldn't let us vote at all. Why go through so much trouble if you're just gonna rig it anyway? It's not like they've ever let us vote like this before - why start something, set up even more expectations in a community that's already full to the brim with expectations, just to .. manipulate it back to whatever it is you were planning to do anyway? I just don't get it.

Sore losers this world has.
  • Options
    tikithedragontikithedragon Posts: 20 New Member
    This won't make any difference to tell if it is rigged. We are taking a small population of the Sims community and asking to them to vote, yet thousands of people voted for the real pack. If Eco doesn't win here, it's because the people here have different opinions than the majority of the people not on forum/not voting in this poll, than the overall percentage of people in the real poll.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Wait a minute, now your saying this is not even a real poll? , then why are we voting if it is not real?, that just makes no sense to me what so ever, I think it is just as real as anywhere.
  • Options
    ohthedramaohthedrama Posts: 181 Member
    When are you posting the results? I wouldn't be surprised if Eco Living was still number 1.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Any poll posted here won't match EA's, as it doesn't have the outreach that EA's did, nor would everyone who voted before vote again to prove a point, even if they could.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    1 Dangerous
    2 Wedding
    3 Eco
    4 starter
    5 arcade
  • Options
    YanbunYanbun Posts: 77 Member
    edited April 2017
    I voted like I did. I don´t get the point about the rumors anyway. And yes, you don´t needed a forum account to vote. I have signed in two days after my vote. Language shouldn´t be a problem anyway. It isn´t that difficult to understand, beside that it was translated to many languages.