Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco-Living: Computer and Radio idea/s

We know that animations are the bane of the SP's. There's a limit to how much they can do, so aside from laundry, here's some ideas that don't require any new animations:

Online Consignment Shop:
Etsy or "Simsy" for our eco-beatnik sims who craft and garden. Create your storefront, choose the name of your shop and description. Maybe you're an organic farmer selling fruits and veggies online. An artistic sim could sell their woodworkings and paintings. Online fish market? Why not. Collector? Someone will buy that. Don't work for the MAN, man. Be your own boss.

Buy groceries from Co-Op:
The grocery stalls in San MyShuno are great... unless you don't live in the city. Buy your produce, locally farmed and raised meats, and herbs online. If you can't have a sustainable garden, then support the small, rural farms near you.

Check for Coupons/Sales:
A daily activity online. Dragon fruit are expensive. Maybe you should stock up when they are on sale.

New Radio Station:
"Nature Sounds" - sounds of rain, the ocean, intermingled with relaxing melodies. Sims can sleep to the station and wake up "Blissfully Refreshed" - increasing Focus. A great station for yoga and meditation too.

Part-time Eco Jobs:
You can live far from the city and still make some simoleons. Farmhand, Co-Op Organizer, Solar Panel Installer. Help me think about this. What kind of part-time eco jobs could we have?

Edit for typos and added part-time jobs.
42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

Comments

• Options
    diisnerddiisnerd Posts: 52 Member
    Love the idea of etsy for sims. Also maybe something akin to Pinterest? "Browse DIY ideas" maybe? Could make them inspired or focused.
  • Options
    Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    These are great ideas! I am moving towards an eco friendly/sustainable lifestyle and I especially like the idea of buying produce online, because that is something I actually do!

its called (not putting the whole name) True Food, and its local to my area. Basically farmer's pick their produce thats ready to be harvested and that gets put in a weekly box. For instance, this week, I got oranges, rosemary, mint, oregano, cilantro, potatoes, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, swiss chard, and spinach. I also paid extra for organic quinoa and 2 dozen farm fresh eggs.

A farmer's market idea sounds cool. Coupons and sales are super cool!

And as someone who lives this way, I also have an Etsy shop :D
  • Options
    Aeriexo11Aeriexo11 Posts: 646 Member
    edited April 2017
    double post
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Aeriexo11 wrote: »
    These are great ideas! I am moving towards an eco friendly/sustainable lifestyle and I especially like the idea of buying produce online, because that is something I actually do!

its called (not putting the whole name) True Food, and its local to my area. Basically farmer's pick their produce thats ready to be harvested and that gets put in a weekly box. For instance, this week, I got oranges, rosemary, mint, oregano, cilantro, potatoes, asparagus, cherry tomatoes, swiss chard, and spinach. I also paid extra for organic quinoa and 2 dozen farm fresh eggs.

A farmer's market idea sounds cool. Coupons and sales are super cool!

And as someone who lives this way, I also have an Etsy shop :D

I use a food service too! Mine is Local Farm Fare. They deliver bags of produce to my office every Friday. I bring the bags from the previous week to work with me. They know exactly where my office is. Even if I stepped out for lunch, they know to pick up the empty bags and leave my produce on top of my filing cabinet. Their offerings change with the season and what's available locally.

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    *love* the radio station idea!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Solar powered laptop.
    Needs to be near a window, or outside to charge. Doesn't add to utility bills.

Solar lamp.
    Place it near a window so it charges during the day, to give cost free light at night.

Solar powered radio.
    Needs to be near a window, or outside to charge. Doesn't add to utility bills.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    New Radio Station:
    "Nature Sounds" - sounds of rain, the ocean, intermingled with relaxing melodies. Sims can sleep to the station and wake up "Blissfully Refreshed" - increasing Focus. A great station for yoga and meditation too.
    I really like this idea.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    Carrie Underwood "Dirty Laundry" in simlish
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Carrie Underwood "Dirty Laundry" in simlish

Well it won't be dirty once we have the SP :D

• Options
    DesertSimmer1971DesertSimmer1971 Posts: 498 Member
    If you know the song, then yes it would still be dirty
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited April 2017
    Ok so I was super disappointed about Eco Living BUT -

Eco jobs would be AMAAAAAZING. This game desperately needs more careers for outdoorsy Sims! If we could get a new career in this stuff pack, that would be awesome!

These are some more outdoor job ideas, whether as a career or as adult part-time jobs like you've suggested:

- Gardener
    - Park Ranger
    - Waste Management - like working at a recycling plant
    - Parks & Rec employee
    - Landscaper
    - Urban Planner