Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Garlic Wreaths & Braids

Do they do any good? I have two wreaths and one braid in the living room of my regular sims' house and the guest vampire is still quite happy to play on the computer.

Comments

• Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,958 Member
    Vampires who break in won't be able to drink your sim (Unless they have Garlic Immunity).
    So yes... Vampires can break in while your sims are sleeping.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Am I the only simmer who loves the vampire break-ins?

I have all my sims in bed at night, waiting for a visit. Naturally, I have garlic all over the place!
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    Mine are all so polite -- they knock!
  • Options
    taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    Yes, the garlic wreaths work. When this pack first came out, I made a bunch of them and hung them around the house as decorations. I thought they were pretty. :D When my sim turned into a vamp she wouldn't go upstairs or use the front door. I finally figured out why. :D
  • Options
    Okay, looks like I don't have enough! :smile:
  • Options
    @applefeather2 All I have is one braid one the wall, above each sim's bed. The vampire will enter the home but will not enter the bedrooms, rendering my sims safe.
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    Garlic everywhere but still vamps that want a drink. Growing outside every door , garlands over every bedroom door, wreaths on the walls , garlic in inventory - how much is enough? I give up , drink away you stinky breathed plummers!
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    the garlic really does work, unless the vampire has the 'garlic immunity' power. they get a huge uncomfortable moodlet while around garlic, and it lasts several hours afterwards, that doesn't let them feed while it's active. if you look at the garlic house that came with forgotten hollow, every single room in it has at least one garlic decoration in it (because vampires with bat or mist form can basically teleport and avoid the entrances) to make sure a vampire gets the moodlet. i moved my vampire hunter (named 'mina harker' to be silly) into that house and she fits it perfectly. caleb likes to come over to chat, but gets grossed out the whole time he's there
  • Options
    SterkinsenARTSterkinsenART Posts: 124 Member

So that explains the garlic; I thought it was just for show. And the break-ins? I didn't know vampires could do that; how do I get my vampire character to do that?
    Sims-4-Dragon.jpeg?q=50&fit=crop&w=740&dpr=1.5
  • Options
    calaprfy wrote: »
    @applefeather2 All I have is one braid one the wall, above each sim's bed. The vampire will enter the home but will not enter the bedrooms, rendering my sims safe.

Good strategy! @calaprfy
  • Options
    kalaksed wrote: »
    the garlic really does work, unless the vampire has the 'garlic immunity' power. they get a huge uncomfortable moodlet while around garlic, and it lasts several hours afterwards, that doesn't let them feed while it's active. if you look at the garlic house that came with forgotten hollow, every single room in it has at least one garlic decoration in it (because vampires with bat or mist form can basically teleport and avoid the entrances) to make sure a vampire gets the moodlet. i moved my vampire hunter (named 'mina harker' to be silly) into that house and she fits it perfectly. caleb likes to come over to chat, but gets grossed out the whole time he's there

Yes, I ,moved a family into that house and Caleb visited as part of the welcome wagon. He was dazed and confused the whole time he was there.

Also it's us, the simmers, who can pick and choose the vampires we want in the game, so if anyone is concerned a vampire has garlic immunity, delete them. They won't gain it autonomously.

• Options
    I think my problem was inviting them all in, way too often. :smiley:
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I'm curious what'll happen if the vampire happens to be immune to garlic. Will a notification pop up?
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I have the Private Residence checked on my houses and it worked for awhile but last time a Vampire came in the house in smoke and would not live until asked to. I thought it was suppose to work I will have to get garlic now.
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    I must be running into the ones without a problem with garlic and now that I've checked , the two houses I thought were covered so well are not. Sim and learn.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Cyncla my houses are checked and I even checked it when the vampire left to see what was the problem it was checked they still Came in. The house was checked. Maybe it is a bug.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    So that explains the garlic; I thought it was just for show. And the break-ins? I didn't know vampires could do that; how do I get my vampire character to do that?

It's a perk you can buy for vampires. Look in his/her panel for the extra stuff you can give them, like they can resist sunlight etc. By leveling up your vampire powers you can buy extra ones with points.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i have yet to see a game-generated vampire with the garlic immunity power. i occasionally play all my generated vampires just to check their powers (and then quit without saving). so far, it seems like there are two general powersets they can take, though occasionally one will have more powers than usual for the set. and sometimes, even powers they shouldn't have access to at their power level.

that's not a 100% that they can't spawn with the immunity, just that i haven't seen yet that they can. and vampires will still walk through or teleport to the places with garlic, they just won't be able to feed while they have the uncomfortable moodlet from the garlic around.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    They can't turn people on the lot if there is garlic around. I really like the garlic idea. It's great for my vampire hunter's house. Too bad his son is secretly dating a vamp.