Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

toggle on/off vampires

Can we get an option to toggle on/off vampires in the game? I would love to try them out but I don't want them in the main game. As a builder I would love to get also all stuff from the pack so " no buy" is not applicable here. With the toggle players who love vampires would enjoy them to the fullest and those who don't will be spared of them and enjoy new furniture etc.. for their Victorian themed or other houses and this way most of the players will be happy :)
00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--

Comments

• Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    SimGurus already confirmed this ain't gonna happen.

--T
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    It's not gonna happen, sorry but if people don't want vampires they shouldn't buy a pack centered completely around vampires. Especially when there is in game activation for them.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,438 Member
    edited February 2017
    You might be interested in this mod.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=589172
    And there is also this one.
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=589546
  • Options
    gmottlgmottl Posts: 6 New Member
    I made a new sim today and 2 nights In a row she was fed on by vampires. I don't mind them in game but at least make a way so they can't enter uninvited. Or at least give us something that frightens them off.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    This. ^^
    gmottl wrote: »
    Or at least give us something that frightens them off.
    Garlic. I haven't used it, so I don't know exactly how it functions, but that's part of the package.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    They have. Try growing, Garlic Evolved to Perfect, around their lot and in their inventories.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    edited February 2017
    teaa5 wrote: »
    Can we get an option to toggle on/off vampires in the game? I would love to try them out but I don't want them in the main game. As a builder I would love to get also all stuff from the pack so " no buy" is not applicable here. With the toggle players who love vampires would enjoy them to the fullest and those who don't will be spared of them and enjoy new furniture etc.. for their Victorian themed or other houses and this way most of the players will be happy :)

You can "turn off" vampires by deleting the vampire pre-mades. Go to "Manage Households" and delete them from the Unplayed Household category. I've had no problems in my no-vampire saves. Also, make sure your sims don't research vampire lore, etc.

EDIT: I took a peek at the unplayed households and the game had generated vampires anyway. Never saw them around. Doesn't help they blend in with City Living clothing. Anyway, I guess the only toggle so far is deleting them constantly. Luckily, I play with MC Command so I don't get many townies. Can't imagine what default generation is like.
    Post edited by lunaoddity on
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    They wont add a toggle, so no point in buying the pack for people like us who don't want them in every game save.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I have garlic garlands on the outside and inside of my house doors, vampires are too sick to want to feed on you and they don't stay long complaining about the garlic the whole time, but it takes a lot of garlic to make the garlands, so what I did was upload them as a room if you are interested in taking a short cut ;)
    6lOWS1S.png

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/395ACE44E35F11E68EB0D1CF14F2BAD7?category=rooms&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=mcrudd&max=50&maxis=false
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Here is a pic of her house to give you an idea, please excuse her house, she is still saving up money to refurnish and fix the place up ;)
    33PKOww.png
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,612 Member
    Man I have YET to get the bust-in-feed-a-thon event in any of my files.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I think now that they have seen how well received an occult pack done in this way can be, they will add more, so I believe a toggle will probably be in the next occult pack.
  • Options
    ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I think now that they have seen how well received an occult pack done in this way can be, they will add more, so I believe a toggle will probably be in the next occult pack.

I hope they do more occult packs for sure. Especially witches and werewolves. I would love it if they would do a magic/witch pack and bring back Magic Town from Sims 1. The vampire pack is awesome, I think I've seen less complaints about it and more praise than any other pack for Sims 4 has gotten to date.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • Options
    Angela1000Angela1000 Posts: 25 Member
    I got the vampire game & don't like it. I cant seem to remove it. My daughter uninstalled all my games on EA & then reloaded them except the Vampires, & all is well until I get off & then go back the next day to play & it's back. Is there something we are doing wrong? Or can it not be removed at all. If so please tell me how, I am not good with technology at all.
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited February 2017
    I wouldn't even play this game until there were vampires. But since players overwhelmingly asked for a toggle to turn off Supernaturals in TS3 and they EVENTUALLY enacted population controls by type (for everything but zombies and aliens which I found endlessly annoying) I am astonished they didn't just add that as a standard feature with the Vampires Game Pack here in TS4. Adding this feature means people will buy it JUST TO GET THE STUFF EA! Figure it out and make yourselves some more money already!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Angela1000 wrote: »
    I got the vampire game & don't like it. I cant seem to remove it. My daughter uninstalled all my games on EA & then reloaded them except the Vampires, & all is well until I get off & then go back the next day to play & it's back. Is there something we are doing wrong? Or can it not be removed at all. If so please tell me how, I am not good with technology at all.

You need to post in the tech issues or gameplay problem sections. Maybe someone or a guru can help you there.
  • Options
    Angela1000Angela1000 Posts: 25 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

You need to post in the tech issues or gameplay problem sections. Maybe someone or a guru can help you there.

thank you I will.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    You can "turn off" vampires by deleting the vampire pre-mades. Go to "Manage Households" and delete them from the Unplayed Household category. I've had no problems in my no-vampire saves. Also, make sure your sims don't research vampire lore, etc. This should stop the game from creating new vampires.

I took a peek at the unplayed households and the game had generated vampires anyway. Never saw them around. Doesn't help they blend in with City Living clothing. Anyway, I guess the only toggle so far is deleting them constantly. Luckily, I play with MC Command so I don't get many townies. Can't imagine what default generation is like.

• Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    edited February 2017
    I'd like it if there were a toggle because then I'd probably get this game pack. I'm not majorly into supernatural stuff but I do like vampires, witches, etc, in certain contexts. I'd just want to decide what game/save I play them in.

I'd rather have a separate save where I'd just play as vampires. It would be very different than the game I'm currently playing. I'd focus completely on being the vampire and I'd try to avoid loving the "human" Sims. A romantic vampire? Yes. A Twi.li.ght vampire, no. More An.ne Ri.ce or the kind of vampires that worried Victorians. I can see how this would be pretty fun and interesting as a change. I just don't want that in every game that I play. I don't want them cannibalizing my generational Sims. "No, not him! I remember his grandfather!"

If I really do get bored of the game I am currently playing, maybe I'll go for that, but I'd be much more certain to do so if I could switch them on or off in a game. I'd rather have this contemporary, realistic game and then have a separate one where I'm just in the perspective of the vampire. Yes, I know that the vampires aren't killing the human Sims but I don't want to deal with garlic or anything if I don't want them in a specific game at all.

I thought this over a little more after writing it. Without a toggle, I'm pretty unlikely to get the vampires. Yeah, it'd be great fun to play a vampire but I definitely don't want to do it all the time and I would feel like it would wreck my regular playing of the game. I'd like to be able to switch off the aliens too. I've deleted them from the game, sent alien babies back to Sixam and I always stop abductions now by resetting the Sim. I don't judge anyone else for having a different playing style. I would just need to have a toggle in order to really enjoy the vampires.
    Post edited by ChampandGirlie on
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    I don't think you really need to toggle vampires off because they're not that intrusive.

I started a brand new game last night with Steve Vogel, one of the promo-Sims. I used the aspiration and traits listed for him on Wiki. He moved into Sandtrap Flat where he met Johnny Zest right away. They clicked because they both want to be entertainers. Shortly after Johnny arrived, Caleb Vatore knocked on the door. Steve and Caleb clicked because they both have the Foodie trait. At the same time I noticed that Steve had also become acquaintances with several Sims that were simply walking or jogging past his lot. Sims that he didn't actually talk to - Katrina Caliente, Geoffrey Landgraab, Mortimer Goth and Don Lothario. Now that, to me, is intrusive.

Steve went to work on day 2 as an Entertainer. After work he went to the Onion Juice Bar where he met several more Sims - no vampires. Caleb zipped in around 10pm and zipped out around midnight.

On day 3 Steve came home from work, watched TV for a bit and read a book. I have him working on aspiration goals as well as work-related tasks. He was busy writing jokes at 11:30pm when Lilith Vatore came to visit. Steve and Lilith were chatting and watching TV when Vlad arrived around midnight. The three chatted for a bit then Vlad went to play Sims Forever on Steve's new computer while Steve and Lilith continued to chat while watching TV. Nothing out of the ordinary except that Lilith and Vlad came to visit at at night instead of during the day. I could have easily opted for Steve not to answer the door but I didn't.

So, now he knows all three of the pre-made vampires and he has two new friends - Johnny Zest and Caleb Vatore. One of the vampires might surprise me later and pull a vampire "I want to bite your neck" thing but it's my understanding that the Sim can choose not to be turned. That would probably be my choice for Steve.

It's a very new game. I like Steve. He has an aspiration that I've never tried and traits that I usually avoid so we'll see how it goes. I mostly needed it to harvest pre-made households to clean up for my main game.

So far, I really don't think that vampires are as bad as some people have made them out to be. It seems to boil down to choices made by the player. Believe me, I made some pretty bad ones in another of my saved games.
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

wooot thanks sooo much @LaBlue0314! I'll totally get this pack now <3.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    elumaeelumae Posts: 171 Member

@Angela1000

You can prevent purchased packs/content from re-downloading if you disable Origin In Game for The Sims 4. You can do this by clicking on The Sims 4 in your Origin Games Library:

game%204_zpskyrkfgej.png

Under the Play button, you will see two circles. One for making TS4 a favorite game, and one for changing settings. What you want is the button on the left - which changes settings:

Game_zps2zwmtqdw.png

Click on Settings, which will drop down a menu:

Game%202_zpszw09fec3.png

Select Game Properties. A box will open up and you will see "Enable Origin In Game for The Sims 4:"

game%203_zpsprpmriuf.png

Make sure that box is NOT checked. That will ensure that whenever you load your game, it will not try to download and install any content you bought that you no longer wish to play. You will have uninstall everything and reinstall again - I don't know of any other way to remove a currently installed pack on its own, unfortunately. When all of your purchased sims content is set to start downloading, make sure that the Vampire pack is not included in the download queue. With the Origin In Game feature disabled for TS4, it shouldn't reinstall again.

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Umm why would you buy a pack revolved around vampires if you don't want vampires in the game?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 300 Member
    Umm why would you buy a pack revolved around vampires if you don't want vampires in the game?

Most common reasons i here is some want the furniture packs to have additional sorta victorian gothic building structures etc. Others i hear want to play vampires at times in their game play, but like with aliens don't want them to be overly dominant in the social areas, as to when not playing vampire storylines not have their other ones interloped with vampires in them.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

Most common reasons i here is some want the furniture packs to have additional sorta victorian gothic building structures etc. Others i hear want to play vampires at times in their game play, but like with aliens don't want them to be overly dominant in the social areas, as to when not playing vampire storylines not have their other ones interloped with vampires in them.
    That makes no sense because the stuff in the game isn't worth 20 dollars to even buy and I would hope they won't have a toggle I bought the pack for the vampires. So your biggest solution is not to buy it because IT'S A VAMPIRE GP it revolves around vampires if you don't want them it's stupid to buy the pack.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641