Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Corwim's Creations (Vampire Lair & Buffy sims & art p. 36-37

Comments

• Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Thank you so much @rosemow , he was great fun to make.
  • Options
    GlenkarriGlenkarri Posts: 2,181 Member
    Hi Corwim, Great to see you back around the traps and back to clever creations. Thanks for popping by my Showcase Thread. I am still a hopeless buildaholic, and loving it. ;)
  • Options
    Glenkarri wrote: »
    Hi Corwim, Great to see you back around the traps and back to clever creations. Thanks for popping by my Showcase Thread. I am still a hopeless buildaholic, and loving it. ;)

Hehe, good to hear, I love your creations! :) Thanks for dropping by and your kind comment!
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,020 Member
    Modern Vamp Living is the perfect living room for the awesome Killian (love the name), looks fantastic how you've divided it into different areas :) Fabulous layout and design to Gothic Glamour Living, looks very luxurious with a wonderful colour scheme and Jake Storm is a gorgeous Vampire Hunter :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    I love your Sims and your vampire themes! But especially your Sims, they are very attractive and interesting.
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Gothic Glamour Living is a gorgeous and glamorous Vampire room build! :smiley:
    I like the room shape and layout. The wallpaper is so wonderful too! I love the seating and bar area, the fireplace gives a warmer feel. The use of divider for the chess area is a wonderful idea! I also love the dance area, the reading area, and the gaming table. Beautifully furnished and decorated too!
    I love it! I'm not sure if I already added this to my faves, but if not, I'm adding this to my faves! :smiley:

Jake Storm is a very handsome Sim, love his beard and very excellent clothing choices! I'm adding this to my faves too if I haven't already did. :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Thank you so much @masajo ! Coming from such an experienced and amazing builder, this means the world to me. :smile:

Thank you @MorriSan ! Glad you like my sims! :) I can never build without a particular sim in mind, so I always make those first before starting a room or lot, happy to hear you found them interesting!

Thank you so much @RyeCris16 for your amazing comments! :) I love the reflective wallpaper, adds a eerie touch to any vampire room. :smile: Glad you liked Jake Storm as well, he was the most fun to create so far, being inspired by anything from Supernatural to Ghostbusters lolz. :wink: Thank you so much for the Fav's!
  • Options
    Plumbob Colours
    Gallery Link

Plumbob%20Colours%208_zpskre2bhwm.jpg

And here is my next room inspired by Rosemow's One Room One Week One Theme challenge! :) The description for this week was the following:
    This week is The Sims anniversary! Sally is a dedicated simmer and has decided to cook a special Sims anniversary cake to celebrate! She has decided to decorate her kitchen in a sims plumbob theme too! She would be very happy if you could help her to design her kitchen. It can have any type of plumbob themed furnishing in it! They may be wall decor or counter decor or floor/wall patterning. The kitchen just needs to be sims plumbob themed! Sally thinks that cooking in this setting may make the cake taste more delicious!

This was a super fun challenge! :) I didn't really know how to create extra plumbobs in game except for the ones we have for decor, so I took inspiration from the various colours the plumbob can have, from green for happy sims over yellow for when a certain need drops to a few splashes of red for when your sim is really frustrated. I never would have used such a bold colour scheme if it wasn't for this week's theme! Great fun! Thank you Rose for yet an awesome idea for building a room! I hope Sally will have fun baking her anniversary cake in this kitchen! :)

I also build this room underneath my toddlers' room Bedtime Stories from two weeks ago, so you might recognize some of the shape (especially the dining area which is underneath Katie's reading nook from the other room. I thought the colours fitted my sims for that other room well, so there. :) Maybe after a few more challenges, I'll have a complete house to show. :D

Pictures of the room:

The kitchen:
    Plumbob%20Colours%201_zpsa2hutcdv.jpg
    Plumbob%20colours%202_zpsur1qrnpv.jpg

Katie's toddler corner: :)
    Plumbob%20Colours%204_zpsdli9zjbh.jpg

The dining nook:
    Plumbob%20Colours%205_zpsek5lox82.jpg

An anniversary should come with party decorations! I added these because they stand for what the sims represents to me: love, diversity and fun: B)
    Plumbob%20Colours%203_zpsm6zxgsgt.jpg

Overview of the room:
    Plumbob%20Colours%206_zpsssze6pie.jpg

And then, playtesting time! :smile:
    Plumbob%20Colours%207_zpspb8tia2v.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    Plumbob Colours is such a very bright and colourful kitchen ! :) It looks so very great! It looks very nice how you have taken the green, red and yellow colours of the plumbobs in the game and brought them into the room! The colour scheme looks so very nice! Very nice furnishing of the room! The angled island bar stool counter is nice for sims to enjoy sitting on the stools , eating a meal. Thr fruit bowl is a nice home touch on the counter. The yellow colour of the kitchen counters and cabinets and the stools looks nice and sunny! The colourful plumbobs wall pictures and the colourful hearts decor are very nice for sims to see when cooking there. The balloons and banner to celebrate the Sims Anniversary looks great! The red curtains are a nice touch on the windows. Sims will enjoy looking out through the windows at the outdoors views whilst waiting for meals to finish cooking. The green ceiling lantern lights looks pretty. Very nice toddler's high chair corner nook! The fruit pictures are a nice touch on the corner walls. The flowers are a pretty touch on the yellow table.Very nice windows dining nook! The altenating yellow and green chairs looks great. The green plumbob pictures are a nice touch on the dining wall, placed at different levels. The colourful wall pattern looks very great! The flowers on the table are nice for sims to see whilst enjoying eating a meal. Sims will enjoy having sunshine coming in onto them through the windows whilst diming. The green plumbob looks great on the wall table ! The floral floor mat is very pretty. It is nice that there will be the aroma of incense whilst dining there. The books and tissues are homely touches.
    It is such a colourfully nice kitchen! Sally will enjoy cooking there! :)
  • Options
    Thanks again @rosemow , your challenges really sparkle my creativity, I love making rooms for them! :)
  • Options
    MorriSanMorriSan Posts: 412 Member
    Very colorful and sweet kitchen! I love the deocration and how you placed the barcounters, it saves apace and looks good.
  • Options
    Thanks @MorriSan , I'm glad you like it! :) I wanted to make enough room in the cooking area, but still wanted counters there with seating space, this seemed like the best solution. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Noah Storm, College Jock
    Gallery Link

Noah%20Storm%20closeup%202_zpskqg4vgd9.jpg

I thought more about the back story of my vampire hunter sim Jake Storm and figured it would be an interesting story element to give this loner, non-committal sim a son, and even more so, let him have a child with one of his enemies, a vampire. So I took him into CAS together with my vampire sim Killian and started playing with genetics (love that option in CAS! :) ). And out came this sim that I named Noah! B)

Here's his backstory:
    In contrast to his dad, loner vampire hunter Jake Storm, Noah is very outgoing, a total flirt, a bro to his friends, loves to party, play sports and he's a popular jock in college. His dad never told Noah he might have vampire plasma running through his veins. Will Noah ever figure out his origin?

I thought it would be interesting to make Noah the total opposite of Jake. Where Jake is a loner, avoiding friendships and relationships due to anyone he knows being a potential target of one of his enemies, Noah is the complete opposite. Noah has a bubbly personality, is super social, loves to flirt and to party and is a total bro to all his guy friends. With that kind of personality, I thought Noah would fit perfectly at university (how I wish we'd get that expansion pack back in Sims 4! :) ) where he's the campus' most popular guy and together with his athletic interest, a total jock. I think Jake and Noah will be interesting sims to play, where Jake is a distant father, keeping his vampire hunter business a secret from Noah, while Noah seeks the social contact he doesn't find with his father at college. And while Noah might be a big flirt and has the serial romantic aspiration (the non-committal trait from his dad might be inherited a bit ;) ) at the moment, I do plan for him to settle down when he meets the right sim (and will change his aspiration then). And I think I already know with which of my sims I will let him eventually partner up. B)

Anyway, I tried to put his college lifestyle into Noah's outfits. At first, I focused on his party going, figuring a shirtless everyday style would fit with a jock living it up at college. :p So that's what he was wearing in my first upload (Found here). But today I revisited him and added a bunch of extra outfits that would fit other occasions as well, so his new upload now comes with a whopping 15 outfits. :) I also wanted his outfits to contrast those of his dad, so Noah's outfits are a lot lighter as opposed to the dark, natural coloured outfits of his father. Noah's also in tune with current fashion and not afraid to show a splash of bright colours here and there.

Here they are:

Everyday Wear 1, 2 and 3, plus his two formal outfits:
    Noah%20Storm%20Everyday%203_zpsghgiunjt.jpg Noah%20Storm%20Everyday%202_zpstbcongme.jpg Noah%20Storm%20Everyday%201_zpsca2drtrk.jpg Noah%20Storm%20Formal%201_zpseiz7n928.jpg Noah%20Storm%20Formal%202_zps9as2aqfo.jpg

Sleep wear outfit 1, 2 and 3; plus his two athletic outfits:
    Noah%20Storm%20Sleep%201_zpsd84hgaxq.jpg Noah%20Storm%20Sleep%202_zpsw1rbxltw.jpg Noah%20Storm%20Sleep%203_zpskzb8ht7y.jpg Noah%20Storm%20Sports%201_zpsnjhswoah.jpg Noah%20Storm%20Sports%202_zps6t79a6zq.jpg

Party wear 1, 2 and 3, plus his two swim wear outfits:
    Noah%20Storm%20Party%201_zpsvuloyxrr.jpg Noah%20Storm%20Party%202_zpsctthkcx9.jpg Noah%20Storm%20Party%203_zpsvhywfmkv.jpg Noah%20Storm%20Swim%201_zpsrym264d0.jpg Noah%20Storm%20Swim%202_zpscsflhqfx.jpg
  • Options
    Next to Noah Storm, I've also been working on building a house for my sims Katie and Sarah Jensen. Figured it was time now that I had finished two of the rooms for them in Bedtime Stories and Plumbob Colours! :)

I settled on a Victorian style, because I'm loving all the possibilities the Vampire Game Pack has brought to build mode, and was inspired by all the gorgeous Victorian builds that have been uploaded by so many simmers to the Gallery these past two weeks. It did make me realise how rusty my building skills were though, lol, and how difficult it was to roof a house with diagonal walls! I have never built in the Victorian style, also never in Sims 3, so this was really unexplored territory for me. Anyway, here are the first results, hope you guys like them! :)

Sarah and Katie's house WIP:

Sarah%20and%20Katies%20house%201_zpshf9bokhj.jpg

Also worked on the floorplan for the house to implement the two finished rooms (Katie's bedroom and the kitchen/dining). The rest of the floorplan isn't final yet, but I think the exterior walls are, except for maybe a back entrance leading into the garden. You might also get a glimpse of the bedroom I'm building for Sarah. :)

Downstairs:
    Sarah%20and%20Katies%20house%202_zpslx67029d.jpg

Upstairs:
    Sarah%20and%20Katies%20house%203_zpsa0owg6rt.jpg

For the downstairs I'm planning a living room, a bathroom and a painter's studio for Sarah, possibly also a sort of veranda with flowers and a few planters and maybe a guest bedroom. The upstairs still needs another bathroom and I think an office here would be nice as well, plus Sarah needs a finished bedroom too. I might switch the guest bedroom and the office floorwise. But again, nothing's certain yet, and suggestions are more than welcome! :)

The exterior still needs extra decorating, and windows for most of the walls as well. Plus, I'll probably move the house to another lot before I begin landscaping, it needs more space than it has on this lot lol! ;) Tried to mimic how the house would look like on the screenshot the game takes for the upload, and it would look something like this:
    Sarah%20and%20Katies%20house%204_zpsaxg5obfg.jpg

What do you guys think? One very rusty builder here, so all suggestions are welcome! :)
  • Options
    Noah sounds like he will be a great sim to play in the game! :) It was great reading the background story details about him and why you chose the traits and the clothing outfits.You have built up a creative story setting for him and Jake. His clothing outfits look nice and refiect him well
    Your Victorian WIP is looking very nice! The design of the exterior looks very nice! Your plans for the rooms sound great! It looks nice how you have incorporated the two rooms into the layout.
    I will look,forward to seeing updates on your bulld! :)
  • Options
    LonnykinsLonnykins Posts: 508 Member
    Great thread @Corwim ! I'll be back by to check in. gotcha bookmarked. Have some work to do on my threads.

2lky1ys.jpg
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Plumbob Colours is such a wonderful kitchen build to celebrate The Sims' 17th Anniversary! :smiley:
    I like your room shape, love the angles! The yellow and green color scheme is so fresh with some colorful feel! The rainbow wall decors really gives a great touch. The use of Plumbob decors are so wonderful too! I also adore the dining area.
    I love it! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:

Noah Storm is such a hunk! :smiley: I really love his body and his tattoo. Very excellent clothing choices too! I already added this to my faves! :smiley:

And your Victorian WIP looks very gorgeous! :smiley:
    I like your architecture, love that rustic feel and wonderful roofing too! Love that take on second empire architecture. I also love that you used your two styled rooms, Bedtime Stories and Plumbob Colours, in this build.
    I'm looking forward to seeing your finished build. :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Great stuff going on in your thread! I look forward to seeing your WIP finished. :smiley:
  • Options
    Thank you so much @rosemow ! I had a great time figuring out the story details of Noah and Jake, and creating all his outfits was super fun! B) Thank you also for the positive feedback on my Victorian house wip. I'm still a bit iffy about the exterior, so might still change a few bits and pieces.

Hey @Lonnykins ! Good to see you here, thanks for visiting! I think I spotted one of your threads on your celebrity sims over in the sims and modelling forum, will check it out in a minute. What other threads do you have?

Hi @RyeCris16 ! Thank you so much for all your kind comments and support! :) Glad you like the Plumbob kitchen! Had to go with the weird shape to make it fit under my Bedtime Stories kid's room, but I think the breakfast nook turned out alright. The colours were the most fun to play around with here! I usually don't go that crazy, but it seemed to go with this room. :D Thanks for your kind words on Noah as well! He was a blast to create! :)

Glad you like the architecture of my Victorian wip! I'm very inexperienced with this building style, so thank you for your words of encouragement. :) Also good to hear you like the roofing. I had the hardest time coming this far, remind me to never build diagonal walls ever again, they are a pain to roof! :#

Hey @StSciurus ! Thank you for visiting and the lovely comment! :)
  • Options
    Be My Valentine? Sam Gladstone
    Gallery Link

Sam%20Gladstone%20Closeup%201_zpse8gyfkl5.jpg

I was invited by RainbowCreole on the Gallery to participate in his challenge to create a Valentine's Day date for his sim Liam. These were the rules: "Rules; Liam, 21, is looking for a boy with whom he could spend this commercial yet happy celebration...Looking for a man, between 20 and 48. No muscled guys. Ends February 12th. No cc Allowed." You can find his sim here.

With Valentine's Day approaching, I couldn't resist this challenge! :) His sim has the soulmate aspiration and the music lover, cheery and outgoing traits. I wanted to make a sim that would be a natural fit for him, so I came up with Sam Gladstone, a guitar player (musical genius aspiration) on the look out for love (romantic trait) who is a social and fun guy (goofball trait) and, to support his aspiration, also has the creative trait. I also gave him the colourful tattoo on his left arm that is the counterpart of the tattoo RainbowCreole's sim has on his right arm. I think these two could really hit it off on a romantic date! :) Plus, I still need a guitar player for my sim Killian's band, so he could easily be added to my own game as well. B)

Having an idea of what kind of sim I wanted, I went into CAS and started mixing the genes of my sims again. This time I threw Zander and Stephen into the genes mixer (lolz :D ) and came up with Sam. :) I did do a bunch of remodelling on his face, change his hairstyle, muscles and weight level, eyebrows and eye colour to get him to the final look who I think looked like a sim who could be a cool guitar player who also has a soft spot in his heart for love. :)

This is also the first time I've used gallery poses to be able to have extra choices for the screenshots of the upload. Found a number of amazing ones by Vanderetro that I thought worked really well for this sim! I think my close up of Sam from CAS posted above here reflects his romantic mood, while the screenshot of the upload reflects his tougher rock guy musician look: :)

Sam%20Gladstone%20closeup%202_zpsedrpuayt.jpg

And then it was on to creating his outfits. Because of this Valentine's Day challenge, I couldn't resist putting a few hearts in there, yet still trying to maintain the cool musician look.

Everyday, Formal, Sports, Sleepwear, Party and Swim wear:

Sam%20Gladstone%20Everyday%201_zpsnqmicvik.jpg Sam%20Gladstone%20Formal%201_zpslijy8nuv.jpg Sam%20Gladstone%20Sports%201_zpsaq5bxknq.jpg Sam%20Gladstone%20Sleep%201_zpsdcoucjjf.jpg Sam%20Gladstone%20Party%201_zpsibio3rdv.jpg Sam%20Gladstone%20Swim%201_zpsdbstuxrz.jpg
  • Options
    Sam is very nice! :) He has very nice eyes! The poses in the pictures of Sam that you have posted here look very nice! The facial expressions look great! The hearts in some of the outfits are a nice touch for Valentines Day. His hair looks very nice.
  • Options
    MiliksimMiliksim Posts: 150 Member
    edited February 2017
    Hello :)
    Ouch - Sam Gladstone is hot <3
    Nice simmer for Valentine ;)
  • Options
    Hi @Miliksim ! Thank you so much for visiting and your awesome comment! :)
  • Options
    SorceressSorceress Posts: 940 Member
    Wow some very cute sims, families and builds! I like what you are doing here! Starters is one thing I have never been successful at building lol! I am best at big flash and fancy builds lol :smiley: Keep building and simming have fun!
    Sorceress%20sig.png
    Thanks to Cbear13 for the signature and showcase images!
    Origin Id: Sorceress2696
    Sims 4 Gallery Here!
  • Options
    Thanks for dropping by @Sorceress and the lovely comment! Hehe, building a starter is fun challenge, though no budget builds are enormous fun as well. :) My starter is probably too big, I kinda ran out of money to properly decorate and 'clutter' the house, but the essentials are there and for sims just moving in wanting to give it their own touch, it'll do nicely. :)