The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fairies!

I noticed that some of the statutes in the vampires GP were fairies. I don't really believe in hints that are in the game like furniture. But who knows? Maybe there will be a supernatural EP
21mbz47.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    I think in this case they were trying to avoid any religious connotation by using fairies instead of angels for the statues :) but I hope we'll see more supernaturals in the future. Especially if they're fleshed out like TS4 vampires (I wasn't a big fan of fairies in sims3).
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Jprp83 wrote: »
    I think in this case they were trying to avoid any religious connotation by using fairies instead of angels for the statues :) but I hope we'll see more supernaturals in the future. Especially if they're fleshed out like TS4 vampires (I wasn't a big fan of fairies in sims3).

I mean I don't think fairies are popular enough to have a GP. I think we would see them in an EP. I think witches may be popular enough for a GP :) I've heard a lot about them lately.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    True! Or maybe they can make a GP with witches and fairies. Their gameplay can be kind of similar.
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    They also had werewolf statues. Also I loved fairies and witches. I thought hey were super fun to play with. I really wan't them back in the sims 4.
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    I miss the fairy house parties. I would much rather have fairies than vampires.
  • Options
    LadyJester wrote: »
    They also had werewolf statues. Also I loved fairies and witches. I thought hey were super fun to play with. I really wan't them back in the sims 4.

Oooh i didn't notice the werewolves statues.... supernatural EP? Lol
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    AvianatorAvianator Posts: 188 Member
    I'm hoping for fairies too. All those CC fairy wings look kinda out of place and I really miss fairies overall.
    Aliens, vampires, werewolves and witches never really were my thing and I always liked fairies the most out of all the supernaturals.
    Fairies are beauty, shining and sparkling magic and totally represent the light side of supernaturals while vampires, witches, zombies and werewolfes etc. are more dark sided and less interesting to me.

I doubt fairies will get their own pack like vampires did but I really hope they will make a return to the sims.
  • Options
    kmariakmaria Posts: 282 Member

I disagree with this. If they were trying to avoid religious connotation, they wouldn't have things in the game like menorahs :)

I do hope it's a sign of fairies to come!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Avianator wrote: »
    I'm hoping for fairies too. All those CC fairy wings look kinda out of place and I really miss fairies overall.
    Aliens, vampires, werewolves and witches never really were my thing and I always liked fairies the most out of all the supernaturals.
    Fairies are beauty, shining and sparkling magic and totally represent the light side of supernaturals while vampires, witches, zombies and werewolfes etc. are more dark sided and less interesting to me.

I doubt fairies will get their own pack like vampires did but I really hope they will make a return to the sims.

The fairy looks like tink :)
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    kmaria wrote: »

I disagree with this. If they were trying to avoid religious connotation, they wouldn't have things in the game like menorahs :)

I do hope it's a sign of fairies to come!

Yeah, you have a point. And yes, in spite of not being a big fan of sims 3 fairies I'm curious what the gurus can do with fairies in sims 4!
  • Options
    CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I'm optimistic about fairies. After all, there are some kinds of fairies in Sylvan Glade. I love this place, it's so beautiful and it really is a place made for fairies. I hope we see them return soon.
  • Options
    Candyd wrote: »
    I'm optimistic about fairies. After all, there are some kinds of fairies in Sylvan Glade. I love this place, it's so beautiful and it really is a place made for fairies. I hope we see them return soon.

I think they could,I really do, but not in an GP. It would be too much to have werewolves, mermaids, plant people, cyborgs and other supernaturals in different GPs. Maybe GPs will be for really popular supernaturals like vampires and maybe witches, plus you can do so much with witches. I mean if witches were good in an EP I can't imagine how awesome they would be in a GP.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    I really like what EA did with vampires. I cannot wait for my witches to make a come back. We need a coven of witches to fight the vampires. lol
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    A super natural EP would be pretty cool, although I would expect less life states introduced than in the sims 3, maybe like 3 new life states in Sims 4 as oppose to 3's 5 new life states (vampires, witches, werewolf's, fairies, and zombies). I think it would be pretty cool to get fairies and witches back, werewolf's were just kind of meh in sims 3, might just be my opinion, but ya witches and fairies have a lot of potential for this perk system vampires now use, and maybe each life state can get their own themed world, similar to forgotten hallow but of course reminiscent to the life state it belongs to. OH! And maybe some super natural careers! Maybe even playable careers? Or semi playable careers like in City Living? I think exclusive careers for super naturals would be pretty cool.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    I'm honestly not a fan of fairies, especially the pink, sugary-sweet, glowy-winged fairies that Supernatural had.

I get that The Sims has a predominantly young, female audience nowadays, and as a 30-year old man I'm no longer the target audience, and that's fine, but TS3's fairies were just too girly. Same with mermaids and unicorns, tbh.

I'd prefer if they kept the supernatural content to stuff everybody can enjoy. Like with Vampires, we have Vampire Diaries and Twilight vamps if that's your cup of tea, or you can have monstrous, evil, bloodsucking fiends.

If TS4 had fairies that were more like elves, and we could choose between high fantasy, Peter Jackson prettyboys, or creepy Faire Folk that abduct Sims that step into their mushroom rings, and replace children with soulless doppelgangers, I think I could get behind fairies.

But the way they were implemented in TS3 is too polarizing, as it only appeals to one subset of the playerbase, large though it may be.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I never played with fairies in sims 3... not because I didn't like them. I just never felt like playing a fairy family. I do miss witches though! My favourite legacies were witch legacies! I always made the first female witch born in a generation be the heir. Maybe fairies and witches could be in a GP together?
  • Options
    AvianatorAvianator Posts: 188 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    I'm honestly not a fan of fairies, especially the pink, sugary-sweet, glowy-winged fairies that Supernatural had.

I get that The Sims has a predominantly young, female audience nowadays, and as a 30-year old man I'm no longer the target audience, and that's fine, but TS3's fairies were just too girly. Same with mermaids and unicorns, tbh.

I'd prefer if they kept the supernatural content to stuff everybody can enjoy. Like with Vampires, we have Vampire Diaries and Twilight vamps if that's your cup of tea, or you can have monstrous, evil, bloodsucking fiends.

If TS4 had fairies that were more like elves, and we could choose between high fantasy, Peter Jackson prettyboys, or creepy Faire Folk that abduct Sims that step into their mushroom rings, and replace children with soulless doppelgangers, I think I could get behind fairies.

But the way they were implemented in TS3 is too polarizing, as it only appeals to one subset of the playerbase, large though it may be.

I understand what you mean though I think Twilight and Vampire Diaries are also mainly targeted to a female audience...I think the whole "adorable male vampire thingy" is actually what caused the vampire hype of the last years.

At first glance fairies seem to be a girly thing too. But as vampires they leave a lot of room for personal story telling.
    I also would love sims 4 fairies to have an elvish touch. There could be some sort of dark fairies too.

And talking about fairies most people may think of Tinker Bell first. But fairies don't have to be little girls or a girl thing by default.
    Breathtaking beautiful women and men with elvish ears and imposing gorgeous wings are targeting all fantasy fans of all ages and not just the girly audience. Fairies have inspired artists for centuries and it's mostly not about girlish fairies, it's about majestic beauty, pure perfection, timeless elegance and the aesthetic, artistic possibilities these mythical creatures offer.

The design of the wings also doesn't have to be "super colourful pinkish girly like" only by default. There would be room for dark themed wings, neutral transparent wings and so on. And like vampires, fairies could be able to completely hide their fairy aspects (wings/ ears) if they wish so, allowing even more possibilities for story telling.

Oh and btw I am a male player too and I'm also over 30 years old and I would love to see fairies coming to The Sims 4 as a fantasy theme.
  • Options
    kwanzaabot wrote: »

I understand what you mean though I think Twilight and Vampire Diaries are also mainly targeted to a female audience...I think the whole "adorable male vampire thingy" is actually what caused the vampire hype of the last years.

At first glance fairies seem to be a girly thing too. But as vampires they leave a lot of room for personal story telling.
    I also would love sims 4 fairies to have an elvish touch. There could be some sort of dark fairies too.

And talking about fairies most people may think of Tinker Bell first. But fairies don't have to be little girls or a girl thing by default.
    Breathtaking beautiful women and men with elvish ears and imposing gorgeous wings are targeting all fantasy fans of all ages and not just the girly audience. Fairies have inspired artists for centuries and it's mostly not about girlish fairies, it's about majestic beauty, pure perfection, timeless elegance and the aesthetic, artistic possibilities these mythical creatures offer.

The design of the wings also doesn't have to be "super colourful pinkish girly like" only by default. There would be room for dark themed wings, neutral transparent wings and so on. And like vampires, fairies could be able to completely hide their fairy aspects (wings/ ears) if they wish so, allowing even more possibilities for story telling.

Oh and btw I am a male player too and I'm also over 30 years old and I would love to see fairies coming to The Sims 4 as a fantasy theme.

I also think they are very girly, even though I love them, but I do think that a GP only about fairies would attract more girls than boys and that seems kind of unfair. To me werewolves are also an occult that attract more boys than girls. I think witches are more attractive for both girls and guys.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    Fairies could be dark in TS3 from what I recall. Some of their pranks were pretty nasty. It wasn't difficult to play your fairy as an unseelie, if that's what you prefer.
  • Options
    GeeJawGeeJaw Posts: 45 Member
    I would LOVE to have a Fairies GP, purely for my own satisfaction though ^_^
    2a4wpqp.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    GeeJaw wrote: »
    I would LOVE to have a Fairies GP, purely for my own satisfaction though ^_^

I would like them in an EP, but they need some changes. Like I really had problems matching clothes to her wings and one color wings just looked odd. Except black and white, you can never go wrong with that
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Jestina wrote: »
    Fairies could be dark in TS3 from what I recall. Some of their pranks were pretty nasty. It wasn't difficult to play your fairy as an unseelie, if that's what you prefer.

They still looked like Tinkerbell, though.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    Chaos15Chaos15 Posts: 2 New Member
    The irony is than in actual mythology fairies are worst than Vampires and Werewolves. And most of the the time even uglier. If there is something dark in a legend you can bet a fairy is involved.
  • Options
    Chaos15Chaos15 Posts: 2 New Member
    Werewolves? Victim of circumstance.

Vampire? Trying to survive.

Witches? Basically humans with magic powers. Often victims.

Faires? Chaotic Neutral at best and Chaotic Evil at worst. Unpredictable pranksters to borderlines demons.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I hope they all each get their own GP.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif