The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Another huge disappointment... You can't build restaurants and spas in Granite Falls anymore...

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,067 Member
    keep calm girls... This will be patched before vampires GP
  • Options
    brittpinkiebrittpinkie Posts: 52 Member
    I really hope this gets fixed soon. I have three lots in GF that can't be changed, and this is my save since 2014, so I have no idea when they got corrupted and can't roll back or start over. Any news @SimGuruSarah ?
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Restaurants my be tricky... but I don't have Spa Day, if you place a spa bed down can you "hire a masseur?"
    if that's possible you could build a Lodge/Resort with a "spa" in the corner?
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    @SimGuruSarah thank you for the reply :)
    Please, whatever the team does to fix this issue, if possible do not disable the cellphone invitations to Granite Falls! I didn't have a bar there until I heard that the invites pull a sim to Granite Falls without needing to book a full vacation. It isn't uncommon to drive to a nearby vacation spot for just an evening and Granite Falls ought to be close enough to at least Windenburg. Please, please, remember that what is immersion breaking to one simmer, can be exactly what another player wants to flesh out their worlds and stories! I believe it hurts more to take away the invites from those players that like them, than it hurts those players that do not want the invites to simply click "no, thanks" when they get them.
    I have to say that in the game where the invites drive me nuts I only had two restaurants and the other was placed at Granite Falls. Turning down half of the invitations because of the location was really annoying, but placing more restaurants in the world could ease things. So I don't necessarily vote for the option being taken away.
  • Options
    mmertormmertor Posts: 186 Member
    I hope they'll include this in the next patch because I need a SPA and a Restaurant in Granite Falls to make their visit worthwhile.
  • Options
    brittpinkiebrittpinkie Posts: 52 Member
    edited January 2017
    Hi folks,

We made sure when we shipped Outdoor Retreat retreat that the lot types could be changed so that the world could be customized. The fact that this no longer works is a bug and we are looking into it. It was not intentional that this functionality was disabled.

~ Sarah

@SimGuruSarah Is this ever going to be fixed? Was hoping for a fix with the Vampire patch but no such luck. Very annoying that we can't change the lot type in Granite Falls- I know I'm not the only one who would like more variety there (I want to have restaurants, spas, bars, NOT just rental locations). Please fix this soon :(
  • Options
    Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    Hello, I wanted to place a spa today and noticed its not working. Will this be fixed in the next patch? Really a big disappointment for me right now.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    They really need to make Granite Falls a livable world. I never go there since it's a vacation one.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,712 Member
    edited February 2017
    Hello
    This issue has been fixed in today's patch
    Outdoor Retreat
    Rental Lots can now have their lot type changed, and are no longer locked in Granite Falls.