Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Create a world won't open the edit world! HELP

hello

when I go to create the world and I want to go to edit in the game and I click the screen goes blue-green but never the game opens and origin always gets in the way! CANT SOMEONE HEEELLLLPPP ME PLEASEEEE!!! I'm wanna edit in the sims!!!

thank you!

Comments

• Options
    laratschannenlaratschannen Posts: 99 Member
    Hi,
    Start Origin first and then try again..
  • Options
    tigergirlyO5tigergirlyO5 Posts: 6 New Member
    i have the same problem starting Origin first wont help.

Anyone else have a sollusion?
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    What update level is your game?
  • Options
  • Options
    ts1depotts1depot Posts: 1,442 Member
    Would this issue have anything to do with people having the "Go Social" version of the base game? Or did EA ever fix that issue? I remember that players who got the Go Social version couldn't open EIG.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    DJMIXMASTERDJMIXMASTER Posts: 78 Member
    1.69.43.024017 is what i have
  • Options
    any one help
  • Options
    no one any idea how to fix this problem?
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    @tigergirlyO5 : This is what I think could possibly be the issue: http://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/795890/cant-edit-in-game

People who had a Go Social version of The Sims couldn't open their worlds in EIG. I have no idea whether this issue was fixed. If it wasn't--and you have Go Social--then this might be why you're having the problem.

One thing you might want to try is to see if you can open your world in EIG using Super CAW. Just go to Simlogical, download SuperCAW, drop the file inside your Sims folder and click on it. Then load your world as usual and click on EIG. It might work, it might not work, but having read another player say this worked, I figure it's worth a shot.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    ts1depot wrote: »
    @tigergirlyO5 : This is what I think could possibly be the issue: http://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/795890/cant-edit-in-game

People who had a Go Social version of The Sims couldn't open their worlds in EIG. I have no idea whether this issue was fixed. If it wasn't--and you have Go Social--then this might be why you're having the problem.

One thing you might want to try is to see if you can open your world in EIG using Super CAW. Just go to Simlogical, download SuperCAW, drop the file inside your Sims folder and click on it. Then load your world as usual and click on EIG. It might work, it might not work, but having read another player say this worked, I figure it's worth a shot.

you said download SuperCAW, drop the file inside your Sims folder , what folder in my documents or drive , the sims or CAW folder...? what's the specific root ?
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    you said download SuperCAW, drop the file inside your Sims folder , what folder in my documents or drive , the sims or CAW folder...? what's the specific root ?

@DJMIXMASTER: It's Program/Electronic Arts/Sims 3 Create a World Tool. On your drive, not under your documents folder.

EiFlric.png
  • Options
    ts1depot wrote: »

@DJMIXMASTER: It's Program/Electronic Arts/Sims 3 Create a World Tool. On your drive, not under your documents folder.

1 download SuperCAW, drop the file inside your Sims folder, I get A new problem now it looks like its gonna load but it brings me to an origin , I click sims 3 and launcher opens , but nothing happens. In the caw THE WORLD DISAPPEARS FOR LIKE 3 MINUTES AND SCREEN GOES BLUE-GREENISH AND COMES BACK TO THE WORLD I WAS WORKING ON! BUT IT STILL DOES NOT OPEN ME THE EDITWORD! sorry for the capital letters , not screaming soon will with this never ending issue!
  • Options
    @DJMIXMASTER: Are you opening Sims 3 and Origin before or after you open SuperCAW? I would try launching Sims 3 and Origin first before even going into SuperCAW. Sometimes EIG doesn't load if you don't load the launcher and Origin first.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited December 2016
    @ts1depot wrote: »
    DJMIXMASTER: Are you opening Sims 3 and Origin before or after you open SuperCAW? I would try launching Sims 3 and Origin first before even going into SuperCAW. Sometimes EIG doesn't load if you don't load the launcher and Origin first.

I have never heard of doing that to open EIG. The game shouldn't be running when opening EIG or CAW... EIG is Part of the game but not all.

If EA hasn't fixed the Go Social bug then it won't go past the launcher to open EIG. :(
    I don't know why I thought it was fixed but it seems it's not.

.... Oh, Wait! You mean to run the game so it will generate the Save info. (duh me!). :blush:
  • Options
    edited December 2016
    @Rflong7 I meant to click on the Sims 3 icon to open the launcher, not to open the game. Sometimes I have to open the launcher and Origin first before opening CAW to get EIG to load properly.

Someone ages ago on MTS who had a problem getting EIG to open said they were able to do it with Super CAW. This problem they were having didn't necessarily have to do with the Go Social issue. It's just that this person had a problem in general opening EIG and this solution worked for them. I was wondering if @DJMIXMASTER might be having the same problem that this other user had and floated that as a possible solution. We might as well try every possible solution out there first to make sure that this isn't a Go Social issue.
    EiFlric.png
  • Options
    nat1127nat1127 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi everyone. I'm sorry I know that this isn't really the right discussion for this, but I just joined a few minutes ago and have no idea how to do this. I'm having trouble installing a world that I created, even though I've already made one before. I successfully installed my own world about 6 months ago, but it wasn't very good so since then I've been working on a new one. I can export it my newly finished world and see it in launcher with other uploads. I can click on the world and hit upload, which works. But I can't see it with my other installations. It doesn't show up in game. I'm not sure what's going wrong. My first world had no issues. It in my Sims Exchange and everything. I'm pretty sure I'm doing everything right. Please help?!?!?