Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I create her mate...or wait for the romance thing?

My sim needs a mate, but I heard there is like a matchmaker at the romance festival I have yet to come across this...or should I just go ahead and already make her a mate?

Advice?

Comments

• Options
    PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member
    Matchmaker? Are you referring to the romance guru? He/she doesn't match you up to anyone just offers advice. I would see if anyone in the area suits your sim and if there are maybe go to the festival and see if they are there too, otherwise, just make her mate. Hope this helps! :)

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Matchmaker? Are you referring to the romance guru? He/she doesn't match you up to anyone just offers advice. I would see if anyone in the area suits your sim and if there are maybe go to the festival and see if they are there too, otherwise, just make her mate. Hope this helps! :)

Oh thanks, I could have sworn...in the trailers or whatnot they said there was a love guru/match maker that would hook your sims up? Well it that case...I am so gonna make her a mate, because NONE of the males interest...me...at all...
  • Options
    PlumbobGrandmaPlumbobGrandma Posts: 438 Member

Oh thanks, I could have sworn...in the trailers or whatnot they said there was a love guru/match maker that would hook your sims up? Well it that case...I am so gonna make her a mate, because NONE of the males interest...me...at all...

Haha, lol. Yeah sometimes with my sim too, though she totally fell in love with this guy with a handsome looking face and poofy wavy CC girl hair (don't worry I changed his hair to normal in CAS ;) ) haha

❀ нєℓℓσ ι'м ρℓυмвσвgяαη∂мα! ❀
  • Options
    Proteus42Proteus42 Posts: 891 Member
    I just create my Sim single and let him/her date/marry a townie.
    They may not be the 100% perfect fit, but honestly, this way it is just like in real life ;)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

The flirty tea makes it easier but some sims there are married and a lot arnt that attractive.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited November 2016
    If you have Romantic Garden stuff, try wishing for love. That can work as a matchmaker.
    Or have a matchmaking party, and invite a load of singles.
    OR take your sim out on the town and see if they meet someone amazing.

I just couldn't 'make' a soulmate for my Sim. It's so forced, I say let them find love on their own.

But If I was desperate for some element of control and the townies were all bad looking, I'd make a household of guys specifically for her with different personalities and styles, move them in with her and/or have a match making party, and see which she likes the best.
  • Options
    BeachBirdieBeachBirdie Posts: 48 Member
    But If I was desperate for some element of control and the townies were all bad looking, I'd make a household of guys specifically for her with different personalities and styles, move them in with her and/or have a match making party, and see which she likes the best.

I have a save with townies that I have made. That way I have a 'normal' looking gene pool in my game in addition to the 'regular' townies for my Sim to meet with. I just placed a lot of homes with Sims who have randomized traits etc so it will be more organic whenever she/he meets someone. :)

• Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I was also going to suggest wishing well. I sent my serial romantic sim to romance festival and can you believe he was bored most of the time :D He got one bored moodlet from a joke not going so well and another from some club stuff. I would have thought that to be the right place for him since he doesn't have anyone. He did meet a handsome sim eventually, but their conversation went just okay (the other sim didn't drink sakura tea). Maybe just keep on trying even if it seems difficult? :)
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I would say, make a separate household of a few different potential love interests, then see which one fate throws her way. That way, you've made them but it still feels like it's up to chance.