The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What (if anything) do you find annoying about your Sims?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,571 Member
    MissMahoo wrote: »
    sorry op but i fully disagree with you i see nothing wrong seeing the whole family go toghter
    I personally would find it a bit creepy. I wouldn't want to have my family tag along whilst I am on a romantic date, just as I wouldn't want to 3rd wheel someone else's.

well this go againts my playstyle i much rather keep my sims single and unmarried sims can live tohghter raise a family with out being married but me i prefer to keep my sims single and unmarried raising there family
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Dayvon64Dayvon64 Posts: 493 Member
    I personally find the hugging so so so annoying. At first it was cute when siblings would hug without me asking, or the parents would do it. Then it just became the central interaction when they do nothing. It even cancels out current interactions and that's annoying. I stated this in another thread, but I really hate sims walking in on each other. If I have multiple people qeued up and made sure that each would not conflict with bathroom use, but then one get's cancelled because they did it too fast or too long or not at all and they walk in the bathroom when someone is taking a shower. I feel like if a sim is already in a bathroom, namely using the bathroom or in the shower/bath. The other sims should knock first, then if they are close family or have high enough friendship they can walk in if the person in the bathroom lets them.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Definitely if I have my Sim queued up to do an activity, but she has to go say 'Sul Sul' to some Sim in the household. When I was playing last night, my Sim walked all the way upstairs to say 'Sul Sul' to her mother who was sleeping. She needed to eat, use the restroom, take a shower, etc...I didn't tell her to talk to anyone. & I kept thinking...'if you don't do what I tell you to do, I'm going to scream'.

Also, the autonomous stuff. Always this need to stretch, drink water, wash hands. I like when they wash their hands after using the restroom. But other than that, it's just super annoying.
  • Options
    ByondTime89ByondTime89 Posts: 1,505 Member
    OP sounds like real life! Oh, the embarrassment...
    Gallery & Origin ID: ByondTime89
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    When the babies crying and one of the kids goes to talk to it and blocks my parent from feeding it or changing its diaper. Or when I make a club devoted to being mean and getting into fights, and all the sims in the club will do is buy drinks, take naps and play games, even when I've maxed out the angry trait of the club :neutral: ......
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    The hugging! As cute as it is when family or spouses give each other hugs it bothers me when he hugger interrupts a Sims current action, like eating. I'd prefer if the hugging interaction only happens if Sims are standing idly.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    FriedCawfeeFriedCawfee Posts: 195 Member
    When they constantly make bar drinks. I wish there was a way to fix that.
    Playing the Sims since 2001.
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    The constant glasses of water which she leaves all over the house and then she complains the place is dirty. The constant pictures of the food she has prepared and then she eats so slowly. And how can anyone on a treadmill at the gym have the breath to hold a full conversation with another sim at the same time? On the other hand she does seem to a fairly sociable creature and I still find her foot tapping when she listening to music endearing. But she will never have the violin she wants because I can't stand the noise of anyone learning even in real life :)
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    Sims continuously doing push ups lol not sure if that's been said
  • Options
    icecoldfairyicecoldfairy Posts: 50 Member
    The jealousy trait is very annoying, my sim will be tense because his wife isn't within his line of sight, when she's asleep in the next room. It also frustrates me when I leave my game alone for 5 seconds and everyone in the house simultaneously decides to drink a glass of water. It's the most annoying thing having glasses all over the house for no reason.
  • Options
    icecoldfairyicecoldfairy Posts: 50 Member
    When my baby starts crying and a guest is over, they interact with it and block my sims from actually caring for it. This has happened to me at a party and I had three or four uncontrollable sims all stopping my sim from actually feeding it.
  • Options
    nualla8673nualla8673 Posts: 397 Member
    When my baby starts crying and a guest is over, they interact with it and block my sims from actually caring for it. This has happened to me at a party and I had three or four uncontrollable sims all stopping my sim from actually feeding it.

I put the baby in a separate room and lock the door so no guests can enter. I do hate when that happens.
    You can find my Sims 4 creations by searching my Origin ID nualla_6109.
  • Options
    KlueniiKluenii Posts: 90 Member
    Now that we're almost a week into November, and the Day of the Dead Challenge is over with.. I find it a little annoying to look through my family trees and not be able to identify any of my sims because they are all still wearing the darn face paint!! I only play one active household, so I don't know if it is a matter of I just haven't encountered those particular sims and haven't updated their images since the challenge, some of them have died even.. I hope they aren't permanently stuck with that makeup in my family trees!

I wish there was a quick and easy way to remove all "seasonal" effects from thumbnail images ...
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,206 Member
    My biggest annoyance is when they like to go and "get water." I can't stand that action.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member
    Anoing about my sim is that when he eats eny food its vaving haed like he dont like, like food is grose . Hi do that on evry food. Question for @rosemow to! He got only 10 on coking skill related to food.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,719 Member
    Anoing about my sim is that when he eats eny food its vaving haed like he dont like, like food is grose . Hi do that on evry food. Question for @rosemow to! He got only 10 on coking skill related to food.

Hello
    Try having your sim cook a fruit cake. Cook the gourmet cooking skill fruit cake, not the baking skill version. Then have your sim eat the fruitcake. He may not like it. Then after that the issue with him not liking food should have been fixed.
    If it continues, he may need to eat a few more slices of the fruitcake also.
  • Options
    UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    Constant cancellation of actions when:
    1. a sim on the same lot is using the bubble machine - actions get canceled to go react.
    2. at a festival, to spam the action queue with "buy food". Even when their hunger is full and they already have food.

I think those two things annoy the most right now. I haven't wanted to play because of 2...my sim family has NO money now because of the constant buying of food from the stalls, and I refuse to cheat money.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
  • Options
    unionsunions Posts: 2 New Member
    akwilliams wrote: »
    3 words: when they troll teh forums. That was more than 3 words.

Especially when they should be working on their skills... :(

Every time I left them to their devices, they will probably watch TV, or play computer games. (There are better things to do, like skill building? :p )
  • Options
    wolfkomoki1wolfkomoki1 Posts: 5,053 Member
    Two words: Relationship Culling.
    6JSxk49.png?1
  • Options
    mercy55funmercy55fun Posts: 78 Member
    All that giggling in bed when they are asleep. I wouldn't mind so much if they would at least snore sometimes.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    The lack of proper birthday and wedding celebrations. Why does it take less than 5 seconds to blow the candles? Why won't guests sit down to watch the wedding? Sims have all day to talk and eat. Do we need a game pack to make them work properly? Like GT made sims do (some) things together? /rant
  • Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    A lot of these are on my list in here, and my annoyance may be a technical issue, but very since I downloaded CL I have an issue where sims don't complete actions BC they're getting canceled by the game for (seemingly) no good reason. Then they'll go and get a glass of water instead sitting on the toilet like they should.
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 911 Member
    edited November 2016
    @HIstoricgal -- yes -- what you've described -- in general, the fact that anytime you try to have a conversation in a 'public' place (or anywhere there are other Sims around), others will keep joining the conversation autonomously, when you'd really like to just have a one-on-one conversation. It really messes with dates and such. Very frustrating.

I also find the caricature-like facial expressions (esp. that silly grin!) to be annoying, as I don't really like that kind of 'over-the-top' expression. I do appreciate that the Sims are showing some emotions, but I'd much prefer more toned-down, somewhat realistic looks. (Just in general, I am not a fan of the rather sophomoric 'humor' that the Guru's have chosen to put into TS4. Would gladly mod out all the 'Angry poops' and 'Confident pees' and . . . yeah that stuff.)

There are tons of other things too. Autonomous 'Troll teh forums' (got a mod to eliminate that) when the Sim isn't Evil, Mean or otherwise inclined toward mischief for any reason, autonomous use of alien powers by aliens wearing disguises and trying to 'blend in' (including my own Played Sims when I'm playing a different Sim in the household or another household) . . . the list is actually quite long.
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    inmyeyeinmyeye Posts: 396 Member
    The psychotic ceaseless smiling and head bobbing. When I finally get too annoyed I take it out on Geoffrey Landgraab. >:)
    “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to reform (or pause and reflect).”
    ― Mark Twain
  • Options
    JasonSim16JasonSim16 Posts: 466 Member
    I really think it is annoying when you have the whole family butting in when your Sim is trying to meet a certain one!
    If I have my Sim go on a date then the Date's whole family shows up and buts into their conversations like they need a chaperone! If he goes to her house her parents sit right there and gets into the conversation they are having! If he wants to compliment her his has to go through the family to do it. I find this very annoying. Talk about the 19th Century lol. Lets not let them have time to themselves. Today he went to her house her parents were out on the deck and the minute they sat to talk here come the Father first and the Mother following both sat down between them and took over the whole conversation.

It takes them forever to eat. And their bladder must hold like, 50 mLs. They always have to pee.
    71rbpi.png