Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If they are going to mix past EPs together

A combination of Seasons and Vacations would be perfect, the exact sort of thing that would make me start spending money on TS4 again. Different destinations have different weather, with the homeworld containing all 4 seasons. So you could have a location inspired by the Middle East or Africa where it is usually hot and sunny, another inspired by Europe where the weather is cool and often rainy, and so forth. Perhaps tropical rain forests with heat, humidity and bugs. Just a few suggestions :)

What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    I don't think they are mixing PAST EPs together. It seems like they're mixing their EP surveys together. For example, CL is a combination of town life, metropolis, and city living surveys.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    asa144 wrote: »
    A combination of Seasons and Vacations would be perfect, the exact sort of thing that would make me start spending money on TS4 again. Different destinations have different weather, with the homeworld containing all 4 seasons. So you could have a location inspired by the Middle East or Africa where it is usually hot and sunny, another inspired by Europe where the weather is cool and often rainy, and so forth. Perhaps tropical rain forests with heat, humidity and bugs. Just a few suggestions :)

What do you think?

that would be great OP... I would love that:) and + control over the weather:)))))))))))))))) buuttttttttttttt... with sims 4 limitations.. I do think what we could have is seasons only in vacation worlds..

I would love to see: university+ generations, some kind of surviving ep+rebuilding, restoring world ep with some treasures:) and your idea is great for me too:)))
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    This is a beautiful idea.
  • Options
    riccardougariccardouga Posts: 436 Member
    Toddlers+Cars, Seasons+Supernatural & University+Pets :sunglasses: that would be awesome, neat and complete!
  • Options
    Toddlers+Cars, Seasons+Supernatural & University+Pets :sunglasses: that would be awesome, neat and complete!

how do supernaturals and university tie in together?
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    PandaPillowPandaPillow Posts: 34 Member
    How was city living, town life, and metropolis supposed to be different lol? They all sound like the same thing to me.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    The Sims 2 FreeTime + Sims 3 Generations would be a nice combo I guess..

However, I'm not really into the combining EP thing.
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I always said that Seasons and Vacations could be mixed together. That or Seasons apear in the base game :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    asa144asa144 Posts: 606 Member
    teaa5 wrote: »

What do you think?

that would be great OP... I would love that:) and + control over the weather:)))))))))))))))) buuttttttttttttt... with sims 4 limitations.. I do think what we could have is seasons only in vacation worlds..

I would love to see: university+ generations, some kind of surviving ep+rebuilding, restoring world ep with some treasures:) and your idea is great for me too:)))

True, I just don't understand why the game that is supposed to be more advanced than TS3 has in fact taken several steps backwards and is subject to so many limitations :(. A girl can dream though.
  • Options
    I don't think they are mixing PAST EPs together. It seems like they're mixing their EP surveys together. For example, CL is a combination of town life, metropolis, and city living surveys.

Ah, I see.
  • Options
    teaa5teaa5 Posts: 1,407 Member
    teaa5 wrote: »

What do you think?

True, I just don't understand why the game that is supposed to be more advanced than TS3 has in fact taken several steps backwards and is subject to so many limitations :(. A girl can dream though.

A very good question:) I still have hopes.. you know it is ridiculous to have hopes after they limited apartments, but I do think hope dies the last, so I am staying with sims 4 till Seasons, but not buying anything for now. And dreams come true sometimes so:):):) ok ok I need to bury my hopes somewhere where they can't find me again...
    00.jpg

Origin ID : kateteaa Twitter: MunchPumpkins
    Sims 3 wishlist: http://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=teaa5
    Sims 4 origin wishlist: https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/view-wishlist/7a1SQrtJtdHoNce4KS_ZTg--
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,600 Member
  • Options
    2HubbiesNLove2HubbiesNLove Posts: 658 Member
    I would love if they released something on the lines of TS1 Superstar mixed with Get Real from the expansion pack survey where our sims could become reality stars. At least that way we could receive an improved Celebrity System and Ratings System (reality TV: shows fan base tuning into your sim on the TV) with new active career outlets like- Actor/Director, Pop Artist/Producer, Model/Fashion Designer, Celebrity Chef and/or Celebrity Bachelor/Bachelorette.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    They are taking the great ideas from the survey and watering them down unless the mayor still changes laws that affects the world which I have not seen but hope is still a thing. The worst part of watered down combined expansions is customize your neighborhood was also part of town life I guess they thought we would not want to do that as well.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    EliharbEliharb Posts: 476 Member
    I don't think we're going to have more than one world per EP. Think of how long City life took them, and that's a proper full sized world. Windenberg feels like it took less time but if you see pre-Base game leaked photos you can see it was planned for the base game and they reused it for Get Together. Look at the "worlds" we got in patches or in Get to Work. They're tiny with no different levels or anything.

So to get back to your original idea, I don't think merging/mixing past EPs is what they're doing. They're taking things from the past games (basketball hoop for example) and rearranging them to fit the theme they're going for. As for vacations, I don't we'll get a proper vacation EP with three worlds like in TS2 or TS3. You can forget about more than one world per EPs or GPs.

I have no idea how they're gonna do weather because the worlds are just backdrops or sets or 3d models that are premade with their own effects. I don't think they're gonna edit every one to change with the weather (snow for example). So the only logical thing they could do is add a full on snow world. Rain in current worlds could be a lighting change+rain effect.
    Playing on Intel Core i7-5960X 16 core CPU - 32 GB DDR4 Ram - GTX 980 Ti
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited October 2016
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    They are taking the great ideas from the survey and watering them down unless the mayor still changes laws that affects the world which I have not seen but hope is still a thing. The worst part of watered down combined expansions is customize your neighborhood was also part of town life I guess they thought we would not want to do that as well.

Pretty much this, yes.

That's the problem with combining themes and ideas; they all end up shallow and watered down. And yes, that is exactly the problem this game has. It has no substance and depth

The only thing they keep doing is throwing stuff packs at us. Like a few chairs and tables are going to make the game better and less shallow. And the snail speed of EP'S isn't making the situation any better neither.
  • Options
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I have to agree with you.
    I was really-really excited when I heard that there was going to be a political career in CL, because I thought that it would be like the political career from the survey, where we could create laws and change the world around our sims. Alas, they watered it down... we still can protest and give speeches, but it's meaningless...it doesn't influence anything...

• Options
    domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    Playing the Sims 4 is like playing with a dollhouse as a kid- you can have all the accessories, but the majority of fun comes only from your imagination.
  • Options
    Ugh! I have to say that the majority of you are right. Considering all of the advanced gameplay TS3 introduced, I had high hopes for TS4 but am bitterly disappointed. Not only are the EPs watered down, limited and unsatisfactory, they take a year to produce! Inferior gameplay would be easier to accept if it was coming regularly (and no, stuff packs don't count).
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Yep, so what was the point of a survey if they are just going to mesh them together, and leave out the actual gameplay people voted on. Worthless surveys if you ask me.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

Yep, so what was the point of a survey if they are just going to mesh them together, and leave out the actual gameplay people voted on. Worthless surveys if you ask me.

Yup... it's a sort of false advertising in my opinion.,,
    Like " Look! These are all super exciting features that we are able to introduce in sims 4. Vote on them and tell us which ones you like the best!"
    *People vote* EA " we see you like these super awesome features WE HEAR YOU" *EA takes the features and waters them down completely avoiding the most complex ones that people actually wanted*

I love all of the surveys that EA released. They all are packed with content and gameplay. That's why they received a positive feedback. However, when it comes to the final product, it does not exactly look like what people have been voting for.

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Yup... it's a sort of false advertising in my opinion.,,
    Like " Look! These are all super exciting features that we are able to introduce in sims 4. Vote on them and tell us which ones you like the best!"
    *People vote* EA " we see you like these super awesome features WE HEAR YOU" *EA takes the features and waters them down completely avoiding the most complex ones that people actually wanted*

I love all of the surveys that EA released. They all are packed with content and gameplay. That's why they received a positive feedback. However, when it comes to the final product, it does not exactly look like what people have been voting for.

Yes, like the separate EP about natural disasters or whatever it was, now the earthquake in city EP. I wanted the actual EP in the survey.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.