The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Apartment Building?

12345679...Next

Comments

• Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    To be honest I was very mad when they first announced we wouldn't be able to build our own apartments. Now, I've come to terms with it and I really like the rest of the stuff this pack has to offer.

As regards the possibility to build apartments in the future, I'd just be happy if they implemented separate bank accounts for the same "household". With that and lockable doors I'd be able to have real working apartments in my game.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    teaa5 wrote: »
    @halimali1980 @libra_style hehehe you are right guys but still hope does dies the last lol Sometimes I do hate my optimism:)) Especially if reality shows something different. It is just hard to believe that there are nothing to look forward to anymore.. Last more than couple of years I checked sims sites for news about new expansions, was so excited and happy and all and then sims 4 came... and the excitement is gone and you just keep hoping that like the wheel of fortune, the luck will come back - the excitement will come back even if you know it won't happen:(

I am still waiting for the Seasons...

It seems every pack will have limitations to stir anger that is well deserved. Last time it was "No building apartments, no NPC roommates, no moving pre made apartments to other worlds" even two years after the "naked base game" The Sims 4 is still about the "No!" So when I imagine seasons for The Sims 4 I would imagine seasons would actually come with it but for visual appeal only. Sims will not be able to create snowmen but at least now they can cheat on their taxes with a new "property tax" system. You cannot make snow angels and puddle animations have been altered for appearance only but at least we can get new "Ghetto-Sytle" weather reporters with two reporters in a tank top giving you a single message that pops on the top-right of the screen that says "If you want to know the weather get your lazy butt outside". While there will be no leaf on leaf off animation system for the fall or spring seasons you will get six new chia pets (CHA CHA CHA CHIA!) ranging from a freezer bunny chia pet to a cow that's trying to graze from it's own head. Temperatures have been omitted due to time constraints so instead a heater/air conditioner gameplay object has been added for homes that can either cause your Sims to pass out for being too hot or cause ice sickles (that won't be possible to form outside of a home) to form on your furniture causing the "Slip off like a fool" moodlet from slippery furnishings! But beware Simmers! If you set your air conditioner/heater to "Just right" this might cause three Sims in bear outfits to come to your door asking for porridge that's "Just right"! So once again we are being given a theme by popular demand just with limitations with the style "We are giving you this but you can't do that" theme!

Forget about activities and stuff that might come with seasons. Seasons already has been decided that will come with only two seasons as per their survey!

And guess what? We already have one that is summer! So they will only add one and most probably it will be spring! Adding few rosy flowers to the ground.

In case they decided to work harder and provide rain or snow then it will be world exclusive. Means only in the new world while the rest will be stuck with how it is now

Yep I just checked out the survey and only Summer and winter is listed. Wow they really are going to half bake everything. That's just wrong!
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    @halimali1980 @libra_style hehehe you are right guys but still hope does dies the last lol Sometimes I do hate my optimism:)) Especially if reality shows something different. It is just hard to believe that there are nothing to look forward to anymore.. Last more than couple of years I checked sims sites for news about new expansions, was so excited and happy and all and then sims 4 came... and the excitement is gone and you just keep hoping that like the wheel of fortune, the luck will come back - the excitement will come back even if you know it won't happen:(

It seems every pack will have limitations to stir anger that is well deserved. Last time it was "No building apartments, no NPC roommates, no moving pre made apartments to other worlds" even two years after the "naked base game" The Sims 4 is still about the "No!" So when I imagine seasons for The Sims 4 I would imagine seasons would actually come with it but for visual appeal only. Sims will not be able to create snowmen but at least now they can cheat on their taxes with a new "property tax" system. You cannot make snow angels and puddle animations have been altered for appearance only but at least we can get new "Ghetto-Sytle" weather reporters with two reporters in a tank top giving you a single message that pops on the top-right of the screen that says "If you want to know the weather get your lazy butt outside". While there will be no leaf on leaf off animation system for the fall or spring seasons you will get six new chia pets (CHA CHA CHA CHIA!) ranging from a freezer bunny chia pet to a cow that's trying to graze from it's own head. Temperatures have been omitted due to time constraints so instead a heater/air conditioner gameplay object has been added for homes that can either cause your Sims to pass out for being too hot or cause ice sickles (that won't be possible to form outside of a home) to form on your furniture causing the "Slip off like a fool" moodlet from slippery furnishings! But beware Simmers! If you set your air conditioner/heater to "Just right" this might cause three Sims in bear outfits to come to your door asking for porridge that's "Just right"! So once again we are being given a theme by popular demand just with limitations with the style "We are giving you this but you can't do that" theme!

Forget about activities and stuff that might come with seasons. Seasons already has been decided that will come with only two seasons as per their survey!

And guess what? We already have one that is summer! So they will only add one and most probably it will be spring! Adding few rosy flowers to the ground.

In case they decided to work harder and provide rain or snow then it will be world exclusive. Means only in the new world while the rest will be stuck with how it is now

Yep I just checked out the survey and only Summer and winter is listed. Wow they really are going to half bake everything. That's just wrong!

No. They are only going to half bake summer, they'll also half freeze winter. :D
  • Options
    halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member

That is why there is no hope of any awesome features from past games to make return. And when I say features here I mean the big major ones.

- Open for business: was ruined
    - Apartments: completely ruined

Seasons and pets will be even worse.
    Generation?? That will never be released because toddlers need animations and their budget is the cheapest in that aspect
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member

That is why there is no hope of any awesome features from past games to make return. And when I say features here I mean the big major ones.

Generation?? That will never be released because toddlers need animations and their budget is the cheapest in that aspect

You might well be right about generations and toddlers. will have to see what EP4/EP5 will be

I agree the OFB part was ruined and the apartment and the building of them are ruined, much like the restaurants part was ruined oh and ambitions part was not ruined but simply half baked with only having a wee 3 careers and a teeny tiny hood

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    chingyu1023chingyu1023 Posts: 82 Member
    I kinda want to build a own apartment in a separate building mode. But I guess Sims 4 is a game with many tiny games in it, not a world simulator. So... never mind.
  • Options
    DegrassiGenDegrassiGen Posts: 2,168 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

You might well be right about generations and toddlers. will have to see what EP4/EP5 will be

I agree the OFB part was ruined and the apartment and the building of them are ruined, much like the restaurants part was ruined oh and ambitions part was not ruined but simply half baked with only having a wee 3 careers and a teeny tiny hood

Yes really! When Get To Work was released and excited to see the new world which not only turned out to be just a single neighborhood but there was only one empty lot I seriously thought I was witnessing a joke provided by an EA employee who wouldn't know what a sense of humor was if it slapped him in the face with a fly swatter! But nope. One empty lot and three build lots that you had to bulldoze if you wanted to do so. This hardly added any additional space for building as it can run full pretty fast. In The Sims 2 we had an entire neighborhood that not only had many available premade lots but several empty ones and space to place more empty lots as well but BAM the reality of The Sims 4 hit with a single neighborhood and one empty lot that turns out was a Willow Creek rehash. Now while I agree the neighborhood itself is beautiful I felt like it was extremely limited and Willow Creek part 2 which later on it's part 3 (Newcrest) would be heading our way!
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member

Basically, so sad, in my opinion they should try their best on this game because even though people are buying it...it doesn't necessarily make it a popular item which means they'll have to work twice as hard for if there's going to be a The Sims 5....
  • Options
    hopeybluehopeyblue Posts: 35 Member
    I kinda want to build a own apartment in a separate building mode. But I guess Sims 4 is a game with many tiny games in it, not a world simulator. So... never mind.

I agree, more freedom would have been cool, but yeah...also SANS! love your profile pic!
  • Options
    SimChickeeSimChickee Posts: 402 Member
    You may not be able to build one from the ground up, but you can knock out and add walls so I hear as long as it's within the confines of the space provided.
  • Options
    libra_stylelibra_style Posts: 1,229 Member
    SimChickee wrote: »
    You may not be able to build one from the ground up, but you can knock out and add walls so I hear as long as it's within the confines of the space provided.

To me that'll never be the same as building your own apartments for sims to live in.

What you mentioned is more of just remodeling side of things...